AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-15, 23:05   Link #9541
DawnEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by telamont View Post
Lol, I'm beginning to wonder if anyone on this forum likes Medaka x Zen?

Is it wrong of me to agree that Medaka x Zen is not a very good pairing, but for precisely the opposite reason: someone relatively plain like Zenkichi just doesn't fit with a girl as "boss" as Medaka?
Yeah it's completely wrong for you(since you enjoy tempting fate)
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 23:09   Link #9542
17Sevens

I like Medaka x Zenkichi...
17Sevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 23:11   Link #9543
17Sevens

Though if I had my ideal, I'd probably go with Medaka x Hinokage and Zenkichi x Ajimu. But I don't need bones thrown to me - I just like them, that's all.
Old 2012-06-16, 02:30   Link #9544
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Zenkichi deserves to get Medaka after all the shit he goes through for her. The only way I can see him ending up with anybody else is if Medaka dies.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 02:31   Link #9545
DawnEmperor

I think Hinokage is a fairly underrated character. He's not the typical "powerful bystander", he's practically the complete opposite, and that brings him a lot of strife.
Old 2012-06-16, 08:57   Link #9546
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
I'm perfectly fine with Medaka X Zen
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 09:13   Link #9547
17Sevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
I think Hinokage is a fairly underrated character. He's not the typical "powerful bystander", he's practically the complete opposite, and that brings him a lot of strife.
I totally agree! Plus, he has great chemistry with Medaka. Not to mention one of the most original explanations for invisibility I've ever read!
Old 2012-06-16, 09:36   Link #9548
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I miss Shiranui :I
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 10:25   Link #9549
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Perhaps Shiranui's Real Eater buffed one of the Suitors still in the running? It's NOT inconceivable, though whatever gambit she'd be planning in this scenario might well be ingeniously complex.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 21:57   Link #9550
ndqanh_vn

I don't like Medaka/Zen. Actually, the author did not make me care about them. Both of them are not very interesting characters, and the romance chemistry between them is very weak. Again, romance is not a strong point of this manga. So does the plot. The really interesting thing about it is the plot twists, as you cannot see what the author will pull out of his ass next. It is just my opinion though.

I'm all for the troll ending for Medaka/Kumagawa or anybody else. The story just repeatedly implied Medaka and Zen to be with each other to the point of tiring. If it is a movie or something, I will say that Zen's character suffered from bad acting. He's just trying to look and say things that are cool, when...well, he's not actually that, similar to that main guy from bakemonogatari. I don;t understand why, just feel him getting drier and drier.

On another topic. why does Kumagawa appear there (c.150)? Are we sure it is REALLY him, not some suitor with some weird style?
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 23:31   Link #9551
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
He's just trying to look and say things that are cool, when...well, he's not actually that, similar to that main guy from bakemonogatari.
Screw you, Shuraragi is awesome.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 08:08   Link #9552
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by telamont View Post
Lol, I'm beginning to wonder if anyone on this forum likes Medaka x Zen?

Is it wrong of me to agree that Medaka x Zen is not a very good pairing, but for precisely the opposite reason: someone relatively plain like Zenkichi just doesn't fit with a girl as "boss" as Medaka?
Looks like you're not quite often reading posts here that you missed a lot of people liking a Zen x Medaka pairing rather than a so called Medaka x Kumagawa which isn't even possible to begin with. Talk about reaching the space with just your own bare foot

Why is it wrong for two people with different status to be each other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
You're not alone. I miss her too. I wonder if she'll still show up in this arc.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 09:31   Link #9553
ccie20012

Quote:
Why is it wrong for two people with different status to be each other?
This question is not status. If we cut a trolling - in the manga Zen x Medaka - are people who have feelings for each other. Perhaps there are people everywhere who like to add a dramatic story or a "bad end". But I personally do not understand such a troll. It's like adding to a sweet dessert - salt, mustard and hot pepper. This is certainly a very exotic, but usually you can not eat this.
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 10:21   Link #9554
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

People often times don't like the meta couple simply because it is imposed on them that it will be the final couple right from the start. It's like challenging people "There will be twists and turns but in the end these two will end up together" that just makes some people want them to end up with others.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 10:42   Link #9555
DawnEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Screw you, Shuraragi is awesome.
"Don't say my name with such irreverence."
Old 2012-06-17, 11:00   Link #9556
ccie20012

@Randrack42 For me the interesting hero who pass the love of the one girl than the usual MC of the manga/anime that runs from one girl to another (not in a position to choose who he loves). I agree that romantic line develops very slowly. But the essence of the story - to really talk about love, it is necessary that Medaka has become an ordinary girl (beginning to think like a normal girl). To this we needed ~ 140 chapters and the process is not yet complete. In fact, from the very beginning of the story - it's story man's / human love (Zen) to the superman (sorry, superwoman? hmm ... language difficulties (Medaka). Medaka is different from the Zen is not superhuman ability - but "not human" thinking. Medaka thinking different as human.
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 11:14   Link #9557
Westlo
Lets be reality

lol @ people being salty that Kumagawa is back, looking forward to Kumagawa at the minimum tripping Zen's votes. Hopefully Kumagawa is allowed to steal the show from this point on and save it from the mediocre Jump rankings that Zen has led this manga to in the last 6 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HearT] View Post
So just curious~ a number of people have stated that Nisio planned this out over a year in advance? where's that from? was there a juicy interview that I've missed out on or somethin'~? :3 Please and thank you~♥
Considering Nisio was able to pump out a novel a month for over a year he could easily plan out an entire year of Medaka Box in a week or so really lol. I doubt Medaka Box is anywhere near his main focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
He not being able to recall that line gives amunition to the Zenkichi x Emukae shippers.
No, him not recalling that line means he'll recall that line at a more appropriate time to asspaul (of course Zen fans won't call it that) his way to victory (or cheer-lead Medaka to one) later in this arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Probably because Medaka box is now somewhat safe. With the anime and decent volume sales I doubt jump is in a hurry to cancel it. So he can pretty much do what he wants.
The anime has performed shit.
Zen has led this manga back to the bottom 5 for the last 6 months, just like how it was B.K. (Before Kumagawa)
Even Bleach had to "speed" arcs up when it was ranking badly.... look @ Mago now too.... both series have much better performing anime shows and way more manga sales than Medaka Box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
He's just trying to look and say things that are cool, when...well, he's not actually that, similar to that main guy from bakemonogatari. I don;t understand why, just feel him getting drier and drier.
Please don't insult Arararararararararararararagai-san by comparing him to trash like Zen.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 11:26   Link #9558
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
lol @ people being salty that Kumagawa is back, looking forward to Kumagawa at the minimum tripping Zen's votes. Hopefully Kumagawa is allowed to steal the show from this point on and save it from the mediocre Jump rankings that Zen has led this manga to in the last 6 months.

Considering Nisio was able to pump out a novel a month for over a year he could easily plan out an entire year of Medaka Box in a week or so really lol. I doubt Medaka Box is anywhere near his main focus.

No, him not recalling that line means he'll recall that line at a more appropriate time to asspaul (of course Zen fans won't call it that) his way to victory (or cheer-lead Medaka to one) later in this arc.

The anime has performed shit.
Zen has led this manga back to the bottom 5 for the last 6 months, just like how it was B.K. (Before Kumagawa)
Even Bleach had to "speed" arcs up when it was ranking badly.... look @ Mago now too.... both series have much better performing anime shows and way more manga sales than Medaka Box.

Please don't insult Arararararararararararararagai-san by comparing him to trash like Zen.
I don't really understand your point, the manga has always been in the bottom five even during Kumagawa's arcs, it simply moved up a bit near the end. Plus the rankings have most been the top of bottom five or above it in this arc, it's ironically not doing even half as bad as your implying.

If you think it's doing badly check it's volume sales. Those pretty much tell you it's doing fine, it may not be outstanding but it's extremely far away from terrible.

I just find it pretty hilarious, you want it to do terrible, but it really isn't, It's not amazing but it's no where near doing as bad as you want it to be. Also anime sales haven't been that bad do you even research these things before claiming fail, it's not doing amazing but it's far from a bomb.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 11:27   Link #9559
Homura7

And here comes Zenkichi nš 1 hater Westlo
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 11:32   Link #9560
summers

Someone should post all these sale numbers and polls that folks keep talking about. Is Zen even that popular?
summers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council