Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-09-17, 12:31   Link #21
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
Sasuke not taking his brother's eyes was pretty foolish. I know that his only redeming quality since the chunin exam was searching for power the way he wants to, but that was just a big waste. Pluss he MUST know that he's going to go blind. How is he gonna get revenge if he can't even see?

Talk about blind rage(waka waka)

But in all honesty MS is a super huge mystery. The only power that was seen in common with other MS users is the Black Flame. So far everyone has almost completly different powers. what gives with the mutant eye?
He should have quite some time before he starts to go blind..take itachi it took years after he got his mangekyo before he started to go blind
Old 2008-09-17, 12:54   Link #22
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
He should have quite some time before he starts to go blind..take itachi it took years after he got his mangekyo before he started to go blind
He also would have gotten by pretty well with some glasses with his level of eye degradation. But I think it depends on how MUCH you use MS, not how long you have it for. I can't really see Itachi needing to use MS that much(at least not as much as Sasuke is gonna) when he was a member of Super S class ninja criminal group. I'm thinking how many people would he really need to use MS on in narutoverse , then how many of those is he gonna go up against. He didn't even use MS on orochimaru. And Kakashi knew weeks after getting MS that it messed up your eyes. I wonder how many times it takes to have a serious effect.
Old 2008-09-17, 13:12   Link #23
Langus
Optimus Prime

I guess I'm the only one who thinks that Sasuke's story here is important? I'm no Sasuke lover, but I think Kishimoto is setting us up for something. He wants Sasuke to be a sympathetic character so when he does finally attack Konoha and kill a bunch of characters we love we don't think he's a complete asshole.

I think ultimately his goal is for us to be torn - between cheering for Sasuke and cheering for Naruto. While all this back story stuff is tiresome, at least we can't say that we don't understand where Sasuke is coming from. We clearly know what motivates his desire to destroy Konoha now (and it's a pretty good reason...).

On the other hand, I've found Naruto's training to be incredibly boring. Just get on with it already! Bring Sasuke to Konoha and have them duke it out so Naruto can die a big hero.

(In a more pragmatic sense, he's most likely trying to draw the manga out for as long as possible. Money money money)
Old 2008-09-17, 13:12   Link #24
Master Mold
Banned

Lol, Looks like the Raikage is going to attempt to put Sasuke in a Body Bag.

Them telling/sending Konoha a letter may lead up to big things.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 13:15   Link #25
Ero-Senn1n

I hope Kishi is doing this looooong Sasuke gaiden because he is working on Naruto's new techniques to make them supercool.

From the spoiler it seems that Sasuke's eyes have began to deteriorate, and if the Raikage's army attacks them his eyesight will deteriorate even more. Madara has the eyes for EMS, and Sasuke will depend on Madara soon enough.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 13:26   Link #26
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I hope Kishi is doing this looooong Sasuke gaiden because he is working on Naruto's new techniques to make them supercool.
Most likely.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 13:34   Link #27
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Mark my words. Giga Fuuton Rasengan is coming
What Kishimoto is doing is setting up Sasuke as a clear ennemy of Konoha, as an even stronger motivation for Naruto to become stonger (and probably save him, care to bet the news that the Cloud village is hunting Sasuke down will boost Naruto's focus for his current training?) and ultimately set up the fight between them where we will witness with horror Sasuke shouting about Naruto having no idea blahblahblah and Naruto responding with friendship yaddayaddayadda change Konoha blahblahblah ultimate jutsu clash crack boom bang.

Oh yeah and it seems you were right james, there is more to Sasuke putting Amaterasu out than merely putting down the flames. Maybe that will explain how Karin and KillerBee survived.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 13:35   Link #28
james0246

For some reason, I found these spoilers to be excessively boring and uninteresting. Damn, maybe my patience for Sasuke is finally wearing thin. Whatever the case, here is hoping that the full chapter is a bit more detailed and interesting (such as full info on the MSs new ability) than these spoilers made the chapter seem.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 13:42   Link #29
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
For some reason, I found these spoilers to be excessively boring and uninteresting.
The spoiler pictures are actually interesting: two cloud ninja babes in the same panel Tho old raikage must be a great pimp Singing the song "Pimp my kunoichi", raikege is most likely a better rapper than his brother
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 13:44   Link #30
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I admire the sharingan users. Having telepathy powers to contact the God about the new powers when it appears to them without them actually using. At the end the only thing God informs them about is the identity of the power, they just need to call the name, and voila. It must be an amazing feeling...
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 13:45   Link #31
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
I guess I'm the only one who thinks that Sasuke's story here is important? I'm no Sasuke lover, but I think Kishimoto is setting us up for something. He wants Sasuke to be a sympathetic character so when he does finally attack Konoha and kill a bunch of characters we love we don't think he's a complete asshole.

I think ultimately his goal is for us to be torn - between cheering for Sasuke and cheering for Naruto. While all this back story stuff is tiresome, at least we can't say that we don't understand where Sasuke is coming from. We clearly know what motivates his desire to destroy Konoha now (and it's a pretty good reason...).

On the other hand, I've found Naruto's training to be incredibly boring. Just get on with it already! Bring Sasuke to Konoha and have them duke it out so Naruto can die a big hero.

(In a more pragmatic sense, he's most likely trying to draw the manga out for as long as possible. Money money money)

the thing is it is too predictable.....Sasuke is going to become the 2nd most powerful character if this keeps up, under Naruto.....then finally there is no gradually build up for Naruto, Kishi sooner or later just has to make him magically at Sasuke's level after some trainning instead of him learning with sweat, guts, and tears in the battlefield.

so we dont even get to see Naruto build himself up, Sasuke had to get train, fight, and even created new jutsus of his own. we are not going to see this from Naruto. in fact, there is no mystery since we already know he is trainning for Hermit Mode, we already seen what it can do with Jiraya.

and like you mentioned, we already know where he is coming from, the thing is we got the message a long f*cking time ago. we get it already, no need to beat it to the grown and shove it down our throats.

if he wants to drag out the manga, build other characters like Shikamaru, Rock Lee, Kakashi, Neji,....remember them!??
Old 2008-09-17, 13:57   Link #32
Rahan

Quote:
I hope Kishi is doing this looooong Sasuke gaiden because he is working on Naruto's new techniques to make them supercool
Unless he is doing this Sasuke gaiden super loooooooooong because he is desperately trying to make Naruto live up to his name of "most unpredictable ninja" (while his (Naruto's) plot so far is incredibly dull, predictable and without any twists) but he is out of idea ?
Honestly, I am among the Sasuke "haters", but all that senjutsu thingie was completely uninteresting (and it's not that which will give back Naruto his popularity in Japan. Proof is that the spoilers providers don't even bother with Naruto's storyline anymore)
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 14:00   Link #33
chuckcsf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Mark my words. Giga Fuuton Rasengan is coming
It's going to be called the "Spirit Bomb" since he's gonna be gathering chakra from nature.
chuckcsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 14:06   Link #34
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

An important part of the translation from boyakist4649

Quote:
Translator's note: Judging from the spoiler pics, it seems like this meeting may involved all 5 "kages" from the 5 major countries... like a summit...
Gaara coming back? Isn't Madara the Mizukage? Maybe this is why Kishi is holding off on Pein. All heck is going to break loose.

Kumo is an interesting place. It's filled with ugly strong guys and pretty women from what we have seen so far. They certainly seem to have more top level female ninja than Konoha.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 14:10   Link #35
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
the thing is it is too predictable.....Sasuke is going to become the 2nd most powerful character if this keeps up, under Naruto.....then finally there is no gradually build up for Naruto, Kishi sooner or later just has to make him magically at Sasuke's level after some trainning instead of him learning with sweat, guts, and tears in the battlefield.

so we dont even get to see Naruto build himself up, Sasuke had to get train, fight, and even created new jutsus of his own. we are not going to see this from Naruto. in fact, there is no mystery since we already know he is trainning for Hermit Mode, we already seen what it can do with Jiraya.

and like you mentioned, we already know where he is coming from, the thing is we got the message a long f*cking time ago. we get it already, no need to beat it to the grown and shove it down our throats.

if he wants to drag out the manga, build other characters like Shikamaru, Rock Lee, Kakashi, Neji,....remember them!??
I think, Kishi is strongly working against producing some second DBZ whatever. Maybe he got the critizism and then thought "no, I want to make something different".

I don't know about that, I just think that it won't be such a plain story.
Old 2008-09-17, 14:28   Link #36
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckcsf View Post
It's going to be called the "Spirit Bomb" since he's gonna be gathering chakra from nature.
Fuuton Spirit Rasenbomb then it will be original.

Gosh please let the Raikage be a funny strong wise ass character that protects his hos' asses
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 14:57   Link #37
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Lol I really hope that Madara is still the Mizukage. That meeting would be prebendary if that was the case.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 14:59   Link #38
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
He wants Sasuke to be a sympathetic character so when he does finally attack Konoha and kill a bunch of characters we love we don't think he's a complete asshole.
Then he's failing, HARD.

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 15:47   Link #39
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Bateman View Post
Lol I really hope that Madara is still the Mizukage. That meeting would be prebendary if that was the case.
I can just imagine it:

Raikage: Sasuke Uchiha killed my brother
Mizukage: Gasp! It is probably the work of Akatsuki!
In Madara's head: FOOLISH MORTAL! SASUKE IS WORKING FOR ME! MWHAHAHA!

I wonder what Tsunade's reaction will be to the situation
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 16:40   Link #40
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
I can just imagine it:

Raikage: Sasuke Uchiha killed my brother
Mizukage: Gasp! It is probably the work of Akatsuki!
In Madara's head: FOOLISH MORTAL! SASUKE IS WORKING FOR ME! MWHAHAHA!

I wonder what Tsunade's reaction will be to the situation
I rather think that Raikage will take his brother back. The "8" has not yet been extracted. Wasn't Cloud the home of Kakuzu and he was abandoned for failing to kill the 1st Hokage etc. bla bla?
It does at least mean that Raikage is stronger than Kakuzu and that Cloud has shinobi of high level, skilled shinobi.

Besides, to me it seems more and more as if it was the most stupid thing for Konoha to kill the Uchiha clan. The amount of strong nins is fading in Konoha... The Sand might have as many strong shinobi as Konoha and the sand has a much smaller number of shinobi at all.

Look at foolish nobodies like Iruka. They should quit the life of a shinobi. Seriously, even Konohamaru could defeat Iruka by now, he is totally weak. He had to be saved by Naruto in one of the first episodes and before he even became Genin. This is a good example for Konoha's weakness.

Konoha compared with other shinobi countries resembles a holiday resort or a theme park.