AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-02-03, 02:39   Link #161
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Well I haven't seen or heard much news about it (it's supposed to be due in April), but from what little news there is it seems to be a visual novel, though due to the absence of a male protagonist I think it's safe to say it indeed is not a dating sim. (though I'd certainly be open to the idea.... )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
It also seems to me that from some pictures of it, the Railgun PSP doesn't seem to be a game which is played through any of these girls' POV. Hmm...

Still, that only two months away, we should be getting some info by now other than [Girl Talk Adventure].

Absence of a specific protagonist of any gender is expected, but I'm willing to bet that there's at least one scene involving Touma... It's almost a necessity.

Though it doesn't necessary have to be with just Mikoto if-you-know-what-I-mean *wink wink*.

Quote:
It would make sense that the Railgun game is just a slife-of-life VN given that that's what they made the anime into. (though between stripper multi-skillers, floating fetus monsters, and power-armored psycho b**ches, I'd argue that the anime didn't quite accomplish a slice-of-life goal very well)
Slice-of-life to me just means living out the life. Which I think Railgun does well, but really? Is that going to be the theme for the game?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 02:44   Link #162
Xenosnake
Badass

Need a To Aru Majutsu no Index dating sim. I think Touma deserves it.
Xenosnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 05:27   Link #163
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenosnake View Post
Need a To Aru Majutsu no Index dating sim. I think Touma deserves it.
Dang straight. With Kuroko as an extra heroine.
Old 2011-02-06, 04:30   Link #164
Aki-Furaba
Level 5 ESPer

Quote:
It would make sense that the Railgun game is just a slife-of-life VN given that that's what they made the anime into. (though between stripper multi-skillers, floating fetus monsters, and power-armored psycho b**ches, I'd argue that the anime didn't quite accomplish a slice-of-life goal very well)
lol personally, i wouldn't want to see railgun to become a slice of life story though - which is why i'm a bit disappointed with Railgun since it has too many fillers. I think Railgun serves as a story in the To Aru universe that predominantly show the viewpoints of the science side - something that To Aru Majutsu no Index can't really do since they have to meddle with the magic side. The To Aru universe is too epic, any dedicated slice of life story would be wasted...

Check out my novel project: Musei Ansatsusha! A sci-fi action comedy with a rich universe you will not be disappointed in! Support my project and "like" the facebook page!!! Thanks!
Aki-Furaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 04:43   Link #165
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki-Furaba View Post
lol personally, i wouldn't want to see railgun to become a slice of life story though - which is why i'm a bit disappointed with Railgun since it has too many fillers.
Well, that's actually my point too.
Old 2011-02-06, 13:20   Link #166
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki-Furaba View Post
lol personally, i wouldn't want to see railgun to become a slice of life story though - which is why i'm a bit disappointed with Railgun since it has too many fillers. I think Railgun serves as a story in the To Aru universe that predominantly show the viewpoints of the science side - something that To Aru Majutsu no Index can't really do since they have to meddle with the magic side. The To Aru universe is too epic, any dedicated slice of life story would be wasted...
If there's a third season then we'll be shown a lot more of the science side in Index. But yes, that's why I dislike Railgun, because there's something a bit off in having a slice of life series at the same time a lot of serious stuff happens in Index.
Old 2011-02-06, 13:54   Link #167
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
If there's a third season then we'll be shown a lot more of the science side in Index.
If they don't make an Index S3, J.C. Staff is going to have a lot of rabid fans gunning for them, that's all I have to say.

Quote:
But yes, that's why I dislike Railgun, because there's something a bit off in having a slice of life series at the same time a lot of serious stuff happens in Index.
And while I've always stated that I'm no advocate of manga>anime, it doesn't help how the base material (i.e. manga) isn't slice of life either. I actually wouldn't mind slice of life for the Railgun anime if it was good, but it wasn't; it tended to drag quite a bit in the middle parts of the arcs. And even J.C. Staff wasn't sure about making the anime plot-based or slice of life; you have slow SoL episodes in the middle of serious plot arcs. (and don't get me started on eyebrow girl. Please don't >.>)

But anyway, this is kinda getting a little off-topic.
Old 2011-02-06, 20:15   Link #168
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Something reminds me as I replay the PSP game. Man, even after I left for almost over week Index only got angry, saying she's hungry but she's happy to have me playing the game again (seems the original PSP's owner must've taken a peek into the game I put in there ) ; while some got Index biting them, and some others even got Kirino to scold them o_o

About the game play... this is the first game that repeatedly tells me "MAKE GOOD USE OF THE BLOCK/DODGE BUTTON." For most fighting games I've ever touched, my method of fighting is to charge forward with a flurry of attacks and very little regard for defense unless I find myself being pushed back. But for this game, the AI seems to love hit-and-run tactics, especially Oriana since I have a hard time to get a hit in on her. So yeah, dodging helps a lot, and that's to say very little.

While playing as Touma, there's also his best block-and-counter tactic in which I only successfully pulled this off on Mikoto especially because once Imagine Breaker kicks in after receiving her attacks, she has a very bad recovery time - Touma can just step out of the Imagine Breaker guard and hit Mikoto while she's still reeling from her attacks; but I am not pretty sure about using it against other enemies. Can't really be too sure what kind of attacks I'm going to get, as the game dictates, I'm screwed if the enemy throws out a physical attack and not an esper/magical attack.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2011-02-06 at 20:30.
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 20:20   Link #169
tsunade666

I haven't played it for a while but I haven't notice a kirino or index poping out. Is it from storymode or vs cpu mode when they appear?
Old 2011-02-06, 20:31   Link #170
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I haven't played it for a while but I haven't notice a kirino or index poping out. Is it from storymode or vs cpu mode when they appear?
It's as soon as you press START after the title screen.

And oh yeah, as someone described it, Accelerator's Reflect ability while he's on the attack makes him pretty hax. Only thing that stops him from being so broken is the fact that I find it hard to combo into more than just three hits, something I find very, very easy to do with a lot of fast melee-based characters (Touma does pretty well in this aspect, even better than Kanzaki). There's the Small Plasma Throw/Wind Slash/whatever (Forward + Triangle) link into Forward Vector Movement + Vector Drop Kick (Forward + Square, Forward + Triangle/Square 2x) combo, but apart from that I can't do much. I might know some other tactics in using him, just... at the moment if it were not thanks for his Reflect ability I'll find him even harder to use than he is now.

His Plasma Overdrive, while good to get a finisher in while you want some distance, you'll need to be very careful when your HP reaches the CAUTION (critical) level. It's best if you don't charge the move and let it finish charging by itself, in the meanwhile you'll want to keep your enemy from touching you.

Old 2011-02-07, 01:12   Link #171
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Something reminds me as I replay the PSP game. Man, even after I left for almost over week Index only got angry, saying she's hungry but she's happy to have me playing the game again (seems the original PSP's owner must've taken a peek into the game I put in there ) ; while some got Index biting them, and some others even got Kirino to scold them o_o
I'm disappointed that ther's no Mikoto I'm not being a fanboy or anything...

...But I had fully anticipled you being bitten by Index on the head, kicked in the groin by Kirino, and finally railgun'd by Mikoto.

P.S - I wonder if OreImo PSP had any Index appearances... I know there are Index cosplays but that's not the same...
Old 2011-02-07, 02:29   Link #172
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm disappointed that ther's no Mikoto I'm not being a fanboy or anything...

...But I had fully anticipled you being bitten by Index on the head, kicked in the groin by Kirino, and finally railgun'd by Mikoto.

P.S - I wonder if OreImo PSP had any Index appearances... I know there are Index cosplays but that's not the same...
As if that'll affect me in any way. Well, except for the groin kick. Because I do have to worry about my manhood too you know :P

Someone revealed that there's a bonus Mikoto route in the story mode. Problem is, how do I unlock it?

Old 2011-02-07, 02:33   Link #173
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Someone revealed that there's a bonus Mikoto route in the story mode. Problem is, how do I unlock it?
Same way Touma did I guess... Kyousuke has to fight Accelerator in a 1v1 death match, winner takes all.

And that's just for starters.
Old 2011-02-07, 11:59   Link #174
ILikeSciFi

Question Help with menu translation?

Sorry to ask here, but I found no better place to ask for help:
I bought this game just for the Misaka Figma figure, and I must say that she is really awesome! I don't have many other figures, but my Haruhi figma is already jealous.

But now that I have the game, I'm trying of course to play it. Unfortunately I can't read Japanese, so I need your help. I could figure out most of the moves thanks to the training mode, but one thing I couldn't:

After choosing the fighters, there is a list of options for the fight. I tried to decipher these options, but some Kanji were so small that I couldn't even see the radicals to look up the character online.

Can someone here please translate these strings, please?

Here are the menu titles:

And the explantions for each menu item:

Sorry for the bad pictures, but it looks only marginally better on the PSP itself.

Thanks for your help!

Chris
ILikeSciFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 12:03   Link #175
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
What exactly DOES Kuroko-chan's ultra move do?

Okay, the Chi-guage is full:

I press circle:

And all she does is stand there with a "come on" pose.

How the heck is THAT useful?
Her Over Drive move is a counter move...so yeah, you have to time it just right for it to hit. If it hits she teleports all over the field relentlessly kicking the enemy into the air and hitting them with her pins in the air. To top it off if you finish the enemy off with it and initiate the OD cut scene then you get the to see her pull out that ammunition belt out of her bag and finish the enemy off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSciFi View Post
Sorry to ask here, but I found no better place to ask for help:
I bought this game just for the Misaka Figma figure, and I must say that she is really awesome! I don't have many other figures, but my Haruhi figma is already jealous.

But now that I have the game, I'm trying of course to play it. Unfortunately I can't read Japanese, so I need your help. I could figure out most of the moves thanks to the training mode, but one thing I couldn't:

After choosing the fighters, there is a list of options for the fight. I tried to decipher these options, but some Kanji were so small that I couldn't even see the radicals to look up the character online.

Can someone here please translate these strings, please?

Here are the menu titles:

And the explantions for each menu item:

Sorry for the bad pictures, but it looks only marginally better on the PSP itself.

Thanks for your help!

Chris

I also saw some people posting wondering what the extra selection after choosing the partner character in the character selection screen. That's where you choose your "Identify" bonus. It gives you bonus attack power when you meet a certain criteria during battle and you'll see the "Identify" text under your health bar when you do. You can unlock them as you progress through the story mode or meet the criteria during battle to unlock them. I've got 17 unlocked so far. I'll list what I've got in order and the criteria to use them

-Have 75%+ health: +20% attack
-Health falls below 50%: +20%
-25% difference between you and your opponent's health: +15%
-30 seconds passed since the battle started: +15%
-Your "Fast Trick" hits: +15%
*FYI: "Fast Trick" is your opening attack at the beginning of the battle when the 3 button selections appear.
-Win the first round: +20%
-Your complete 3 partner attacks: +25%
-Hit the enemy with your Over Drive: +15%
-Your OD Level reaches Lv3: +20%
-Dont attack your opponent's partner: +25%
-Taunt 3 times: +25%
-Block 3 times: +20%
-Attack the opponent's partner: +15%
-Reach the "Dead or Raise" status: +25%
*"Dead or Raise" = Critical Health
-Reach the "Dead or Raise" status with little time remaining on the clock: +40%
-Complete 3 aerial pursuit, "Unison Raid", attacks: +25%
*Unison Raid" is the special attack you can perform when your partner is Level 3 or higher and you activate it by pushing both R+L while your opponent is in the air. You also have to have the OD guage filled atleast to level 1.
-???: *I dont know what the last one on my list is as I dont know what the criteria is to choose it*

I also want to clarify some of the characters' special abilities and stuff that SOME may overlook.

Touma:
Whenever you're attacking with the Traingle button = Touma's right hand, you can negate the opponent's "special" attack and also gain an "advantage time" in which your opponent is unable to move . Also, when using his Over Drive you can hold down the circle button for a while which makes hold out his right hand in a denfensive position for a couple of seconds before he lunges into the enemy.

Misaka:
Whenever you use her Up+Traingle or Down+Triangle attack she can for a short period of time initiate her Up, Right/Left, or Down+Square attacks slightly faster.

*I havent actually bothered to check since I dont use him but I was told that Accelerator can only deflect attacks while the OD gauge is available. And as an attack hits the OD gauge goes down.

...well that's what I've got for explanations for now. I've been playing this game for the last three days so. I'm loving using MISAKA with Last Order as her partner. LOL, they should've done a special conversation if the match up was MISAKA+Last Order vs Mikoto+Kuroko as for Kuroko it'd be "onee-sama" heaven. XD

Last edited by shinku no kage; 2011-02-09 at 02:01.
shinku no kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 16:04   Link #176
bizzi

Someone figured out how to perform a "Unison Raid" (L+R) ? Even with a lvl3-trust partner, I can't manage to do it x)

btw, Kihara has an awesome seiyuu

EDIT okay the opponent has to be sent flying upwards for it to work

Last edited by bizzi; 2011-02-08 at 16:56.
bizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 18:08   Link #177
ILikeSciFi

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
That's where you choose your "Identify" bonus. It gives you bonus attack power when you meet a certain criteria during battle and you'll see the "Identify" text under your health bar when you do. You can unlock them as you progress through the story mode or meet the criteria during battle to unlock them. I've got 17 unlocked so far. I'll list what I've got in order and the criteria to use them
Thanks, that was very helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzi View Post
Someone figured out how to perform a "Unison Raid" (L+R) ? Even with a lvl3-trust partner, I can't manage to do it x)
btw, Kihara has an awesome seiyuu
EDIT okay the opponent has to be sent flying upwards for it to work
Looks like you figured it out yourself! For those who wonder, it seems that it cannot be done by all characters (e.g. Thouma). The character needs a move where he throws the enemy in the air, which is normally done with analog stick backwards + square button (e.g. with Misaka or Accelerator). Then you need to press L+R while the enemy is still flying upwards.

So far the game is really fun, although I haven't even tried the story mode yet.
Old 2011-02-08, 18:28   Link #178
bizzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSciFi View Post
For those who wonder, it seems that it cannot be done by all characters (e.g. Thouma).
It's possible with Touma, but it's down + triangle, not down + square
The odd thing is that the game gives a description for the attack even when it's impossible to perform it
bizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 19:16   Link #179
ILikeSciFi

Ah, I will try that, thanks! In the meantime I found a nice overview of the player's attacks in the Index WIKI, and in fact they also list down+triangle.

Btw, there is another Kanji I can't read: In the gallery on the "Achievements" page (first menu item), it lists things like how many hits you made. What does the second line say (the one starting with "perfect" in Katakana)? It's the only line where I still have 0 points.

Last edited by ILikeSciFi; 2011-02-08 at 19:32.
Old 2011-02-08, 19:37   Link #180
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think it's the achievement where you must win without receiving any damage.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote