AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-05-22, 22:56   Link #2041
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Three times through, and all I know is Shizuku is walking somewhere, sorrowful and wailing.
Now as a plot device, fire in the temple, would eat time as Shizuku heads to wherever, preventing her from getting rescued before the last possible second. IF she gets rescued at all...
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 03:41   Link #2042
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

It does seem like Shizuku intends to commit suicide. All I can read is her continuously apologizing to the villagers, grandma, soyogi, etc etc.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 06:32   Link #2043
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
It does seem like Shizuku intends to commit suicide. All I can read is her continuously apologizing to the villagers, grandma, soyogi, etc etc.
It's not suicide although she understands that it will end her life.
She is going to finish the "Shoryusai(昇龍祭)[Rising Dragon ritual]".
If the Dragon god came from the heavens I believe it was the Miko's duty to return the Dragon god back to the heavens after receiving the god's blessing.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 06:47   Link #2044
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
It's not suicide although she understands that it will end her life.
She is going to finish the "Shoryusai(昇龍祭)[Rising Dragon ritual]".
If the Dragon god came from the heavens I believe it was the Miko's duty to return the Dragon god back to the heavens after receiving the god's blessing.

Oh. But how does her doing it save the others though?? Especially Nagi.
Old 2013-05-23, 07:17   Link #2045
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Oh. But how does her doing it save the others though?? Especially Nagi.
Basically the Miko is required to return the essence of the Dragon god as their mother. Since all three mikos had been inseminated, by sacrificing herself to return the succeeding dragon god to the heavens she had fulfilled the Miko's duty without sacrificing the others.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 10:04   Link #2046
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^Oh okay. Thanks. That makes total sense.

How did you find out about that? Japanese fairy tales?
Old 2013-05-23, 12:50   Link #2047
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Quote:
return the Dragon god back to the heavens
Return to the Sea/Sky .. remember the intro to Rinne's previous self? (CH 100 p2)
There's a whole lot of metaphor/allegory goin' on here.

Thanks Tri-ring!

Last edited by crossguy; 2013-05-23 at 12:53. Reason: notation!
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 18:59   Link #2048
NaweG
Just some guy

I have been laboriously trying to make my way through a translation of CH 115 since I think the previous two chapters pretty much can be read and understood with even a pidgin Japanese vocab. So far I have the first page done. Then there's the cleaning and typesetting and...

Note all of this is for personal use only and I can't give you the links to the raws or anything else...

Before I start in on pages 2-20, it occurs to me to ask if there has been a translation of 115...

[Edited]

OK, I'm already through page 7 so finishing it up myself seems like the better way to go. I hate it when hard work proves fruitful... makes me think I should do more of it :-)

Last edited by NaweG; 2013-05-31 at 21:33. Reason: OBE
NaweG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 01:02   Link #2049
l.kostas

From the scanlator's blog:
Quote:
Umi Delay...
Hi.

In case you were wondering where the hell are your "deserved" chapters or manga...
Well they're still not here, and won't be for a while longer.
I'm dealing with some stuff and I don't have time to do it.
I'm not saying that I quit or anything. I'll see this damn manga to the end if it's the last thing I do on this earth, just not now.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 01:09   Link #2050
NaweG
Just some guy

Yup. Figured that if I had time to be bothered by it not being done, I had time to do it myself. Translation is a bit slow going due to my not being an expert, and the Raw I have is not the clearest to read, but am at the halfway point. Fortunately as a photographer I am used to the cleaning and editing part, so that just leaves the typesetting.

If nothing else it keeps me off the streets
Old 2013-06-01, 21:25   Link #2051
NaweG
Just some guy

OK. Have uploaded my version to a major reading site that starts with B. Once they approve it then I will try to remember to let folks know, and then we can discuss it. Have to say that I had to check the RAW a couple times because the last page seems a little abrupt even for a cliffhanger. Then again Kou does have a sense of humor...
Old 2013-06-01, 22:04   Link #2052
NaweG
Just some guy

OK, the "B" site shows it as live for reading. Have at it
Old 2013-06-01, 22:14   Link #2053
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
OK, the "B" site shows it as live for reading. Have at it
Just checked my friend, its not showing up.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 22:31   Link #2054
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Just checked my friend, its not showing up.
Please check again then. It is showing as live in both my usual browser (granted that's also the one I submitted with) and in my Private browser (where I turn off cookies and such). If it's still not showing, PM me so we can make sure we're talking about the same site

I am presuming that I am correct that I can't post the link directly here, right?
Old 2013-06-01, 22:37   Link #2055
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Please check again then. It is showing as live in both my usual browser (granted that's also the one I submitted with) and in my Private browser (where I turn off cookies and such). If it's still not showing, PM me so we can make sure we're talking about the same site

I am presuming that I am correct that I can't post the link directly here, right?
Strange, still not showing up. Its batoto.net correct, I check and clicked on the chapter by Impatient Scan Team and all I get is just the blank background of the site. No need to worry about it, I will wait until it get fix. Majority of the time on Batoto, the chapter needs at least an hour to read.
Old 2013-06-01, 22:52   Link #2056
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Strange, still not showing up. Its batoto.net correct, I check and clicked on the chapter by Impatient Scan Team and all I get is just the blank background of the site. No need to worry about it, I will wait until it get fix. Majority of the time on Batoto, the chapter needs at least an hour to read.
Odd, already have a comment at the scan site from someone upset that I skipped straight to 115, so at least SOME people can see it. I presume you've done the normal flush cache, etc?
Old 2013-06-01, 22:54   Link #2057
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Odd, already have a comment at the scan site from someone upset that I skipped straight to 115, so at least SOME people can see it. I presume you've done the normal flush cache, etc?
No worries, I can see it now. Quite strange this chapter is, I thank you for translating it.
Old 2013-06-02, 11:01   Link #2058
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

Thanks for the emergency translation.

There is a major problem with this chapter. While all of the characters are going through major emotional upheavals, the readers do not feel it. Until some of the mysteries are explained we are on the outside scratching our heads wondering why anybody is doing what they are doing. It is as if you find someone crying in a corner and you ask "what's wrong?" If the only answer you get is "Nothing" then the most you can do is feel bad that they feel bad, but you don't know whether their dog died, they got a B on a history quiz, or they have a week to live.

The only one we can sympathize with is Nagi who is willing to push his body to do anything it takes to protect the maidens no matter how crazy they act. From chapter 1 he has known they believe in fate. Soon he found out he was Dragon God and that they believe in self-sacrifice. But neither Nagi nor us can tell whether to be horrified or just confused.
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 11:14   Link #2059
NaweG
Just some guy

Have to say I found Nagi's comment about Shizuku "Facing the Rising Dragon Festival Alone" interesting as it almost implies he knows or has figured out what is going on.

As far as annoying, and maybe it's just me, but having everything Rinne said in the last two pages followed by one or two exclamation points seemed a bit much. While I can understand her shouting at first, it seems like she is more overwrought than seems necessary.

Of course it appears that Shizuku decided that she could make the sacrifice by herself. Not sure I get how that is possible without the Dragon God.

Was hoping once this was translated we'd have answers and it seems like all we have is more questions. Hope that Kou has actually thought through an ending and isn't just stalling for time.
Old 2013-06-02, 21:49   Link #2060
BadtheGuy

I'm glad most harem-esque stories don't culminate in an orgy.

It feels like nothing more than cheap, disgusting artificial pandering for the otaku.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Spoiler:
Old fashioned is still the best.
BadtheGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen