AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-10-17, 15:17   Link #661
StefDeathNote

Death Note is sooo amazing, I love it so much!
It's like a drug when you begin to read it!
It's well planned, everything has a reason to happen, it's soooo smart, even funny.
I totally love it!! That's my fave manga/anime.
StefDeathNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 06:06   Link #662
cinco

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefDeathNote View Post

It's like a drug when you begin to read it!

Yeah, I once read 3 volumes behind each other and time really flew.
I was taking a bath and three hours later I was still laying in bath while reading those pages.

The script is so tight and really needs concentration but I seldomly stumbled upon a comic/manga that could hold such a grip on me.
Still searching for a worthy successor, so I can have that amazing experience ones again.
cinco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-03, 19:05   Link #663
GDB

New one-shot came out (free at Viz). It's... interesting, I suppose. It's about the best you can hope for from a one-shot.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-04, 22:16   Link #664
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
New one-shot came out (free at Viz). It's... interesting, I suppose. It's about the best you can hope for from a one-shot.
Yeah, nobody would expect the one shot would involve auction, shinigami king, super power countries and Trump.

lol at Near reaction though he certainly enjoyed this whole fiasco.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-06, 00:45   Link #665
devilo96

Lol the last page of the manga...kinda sad dat the mc cant enjoy the money
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-06, 18:12   Link #666
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The one shot was better than the entirety of Platinum End

Minoru's way of "using" the Death note was very smart, but relied too much on Ryuk's cooperation. If he had refused to follow his instructions, he would have been screwed. Well, he did end up getting screwed either way, and that's my second issue. I get why the Shinigami King made that new rule, but having it retroactively apply was a total dick move. I did like that Minoru dug his own grave by telling Ryuk to never come near him again.
Old 2020-02-06, 18:57   Link #667
Ligerleon89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The one shot was better than the entirety of Platinum End

Minoru's way of "using" the Death note was very smart, but relied too much on Ryuk's cooperation. If he had refused to follow his instructions, he would have been screwed. Well, he did end up getting screwed either way, and that's my second issue. I get why the Shinigami King made that new rule, but having it retroactively apply was a total dick move. I did like that Minoru dug his own grave by telling Ryuk to never come near him again.
Once his plan was complete, he had no further use of the Death Note, especially now that enough people knew about the Death Note to up their security, so there wouldn't be another Kira using a supernatural item to cause murders. He figured that once Ryuk got the Death Note back and left, no one would be able to figure out that it was him. I'm keeping in mind that he did get Ryuk's cooperation out of it, seeing as it was the first time seeing the Death Note, he didn't know because he was too busy making his plan work. It was an error on his part when you look at it differently. Ryuk knows the Shinigami World, and if they were any changes, Ryuk would know about it. Minoru could have asked him more questions about the rules and about the Shinigami World.

Shinigami King is an A-hole though. The entity is just being so darn impatient. And even if Ryuk and Minoru did actually talk about the new rule, it wouldn't have changed his demise, which is a tragedy despite Minoru making an a** out of everyone who tried to get upper hand on him or tried to take the Death Note for their own, while giving everyone else some extra money they can spend in Japan.

Brilliant son of a gun, pulled off a plan that most criminals wished they can get away with, without killing people and getting the money. Died before he could even spend it, because the King put in a new rule. And it leaves another question about this new rule if anyone else tries to take it for a spin.
Ligerleon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-06, 19:11   Link #668
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligerleon89 View Post
Shinigami King is an A-hole though. The entity is just being so darn impatient. And even if Ryuk and Minoru did actually talk about the new rule, it wouldn't have changed his demise, which is a tragedy despite Minoru making an a** out of everyone who tried to get upper hand on him or tried to take the Death Note for their own, while giving everyone else some extra money they can spend in Japan.

Brilliant son of a gun, pulled off a plan that most criminals wished they can get away with, without killing people and getting the money. Died before he could even spend it, because the King put in a new rule. And it leaves another question about this new rule if anyone else tries to take it for a spin.
Minoru died when he made a withdrawal. The condition for Trump to be acknowledged as a buyer was for him to accept the Death Note, so we can surmise the condition for Minoru to be acknowledged as a seller was for him to obtain the money. If Ryuk had told him about the new rule and he left the money alone, maybe he would have lived. The fact Ryuk was going to tell him about the rule probably meant he had a way out of this.
Old 2020-02-06, 19:15   Link #669
GDB

Yeah, he definitely would have lived if he hadn't taken out the money.

Though that begs the question of whether taking ANY money out, since he had some already, would've triggered it or not. Either way, he'd become suspicious the moment he refused to touch the money.

That said, while the advancements in technology would make it more difficult to use the Death Note, I don't see how it'd become impossible. Just gotta be patient and not off someone the moment they're on TV or the internet.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-06, 23:26   Link #670
Wandering Soul

The Shinigami King is a dick. I get the reason for the rule, but enforcing it before the deal is fully complete is a low move.

I wonder if Minoru could have gotten around the rule through his mom. He should still count as a minor, so maybe she could have handled the money and "lent" it to him so he technically doesn't claim the money.
Old 2020-02-07, 01:05   Link #671
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I wonder if Minoru could have gotten around the rule through his mom. He should still count as a minor, so maybe she could have handled the money and "lent" it to him so he technically doesn't claim the money.
He is not minor by time Ryuk returns;
Thus telling Ryuk to return two years later, exactly because by two years time skip he's at age when he's allowed to make big amount of withdrawal to let him blend with other people doing same.

And as GDB said, he need to draw that money by himself to lower suspicion toward him.
This plan rely on him to be part of mass withdrawal, if he asked his mother, it's no different than telling Near he's the new Death Note user for being a standout, only person have the money taken by his mother.