AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's Your Favorite Mai-Otome Character?
Nina Wong 22 7.21%
Erstin Ho 11 3.61%
Mashiro Windbloom 13 4.26%
Arika Yumemiya 32 10.49%
Shizuru Viola 75 24.59%
Irina Woods 6 1.97%
Natsuki Kruger 35 11.48%
Juliet Nao Zhang 51 16.72%
Haruka Armitage 14 4.59%
Sergey Wong 6 1.97%
Tomoe Marguerite 8 2.62%
Nagi Dai Artai 7 2.30%
Miya Clochette 1 0.33%
Other (list below) 24 7.87%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-29, 20:25   Link #101
MightySpirit
Yuri Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to MightySpirit
@LotusGenie13 -
I don't find that odd at all. Mashiro's character development was really good ^^
As soon as her character started changing, I started liking her more.
Haha, and the Arika/Mashiro moments were great. Both the funny and serious ones xD

Old 2008-07-30, 08:58   Link #102
Urd
Airborne

As far as I'm concerned, all Mashiro ever did was scream like a petty little child...
The only exception to this rule was when she agreed that Natsuki should come back to Garderobe in Zwei eps. 1...

i mean, a sunflower for a castle?

grow up kid!
Old 2008-07-31, 11:35   Link #103
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
It'll probably always be Natsuki. ^^;

I really liked nearly all of the cast, though. The main three really grew on me. Mashiro especially had some really good development. I think the only character I didn't like was Tomoe... and occasionally Sergay.
Old 2008-07-31, 17:09   Link #104
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urd View Post
As far as I'm concerned, all Mashiro ever did was scream like a petty little child...
The only exception to this rule was when she agreed that Natsuki should come back to Garderobe in Zwei eps. 1...!
Just out of curiosity, but what where your thoughts about Mashiro during the scene where she begs Midori for Aswad's assitance?
Old 2008-07-31, 22:21   Link #105
Shiragiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urd View Post
The only exception to this rule was when she agreed that Natsuki should come back to Garderobe in Zwei eps. 1...

i mean, a sunflower for a castle?

grow up kid!

Cause Lord FORBID that queen or not, a child act like a, gasp shock suprise, CHILD.

I've noticed this is a trend with a lot of anime fans. Person A will complain that character B from some series is too immature, too childish, too whiny, etc, when said character is like.. 14 or something ^_^; Hah hah.

It amazes me to a degree.
Old 2008-07-31, 22:33   Link #106
solarknight123

One thing about Otome Mashiro is how could all those people in the castle raise her to be a spoiled brat oblivious to the condition of her own country knowing she will rule over them?
Old 2008-08-01, 02:06   Link #107
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Exactly. And how possibly did the Garderobe let her rule that way the very country that hosted the organization? At a certain degree she treated them too as her servants.
I mean, it wasn't a surprise for me that her own people welcomed the armies of Artai.
Eh... poor script.
Old 2008-08-01, 04:14   Link #108
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

That has never failed to surprise me either. During the scene where Mashiro hides under her desk and the servants were discussing how 'she didn't act like a princess at all' I went "You don't say! And who's fault do you suppose that is?"
Old 2008-08-03, 08:02   Link #109
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Nao.
She knows how to shot web.
Old 2008-08-03, 12:52   Link #110
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
Did Nao shoot web in Otome? Not that she wouldn't be awesome regardless.

I actually didn't like Mashiro at first, especially because of what a 180 she was from her HiME counterpart. By the end of the series, I thought she was totally cool. Comparing her behavior in episode 1 of Otome to episode 1 of Zwei will show just how much she changed.

That a lot of fans are unwilling to forgive a child who acted like a child, especially one who eventually matured like she did, is pretty sad.
Old 2008-09-09, 17:18   Link #111
KitsuneNineTails
赤い狐

Aww, outvoted by the Shizuru fans!

I just got done watching MO this past weekend. I had to vote for Arika, because uber-idealistic, wanna-be-everyone's-friend, Genki Girls just get to me, I guess. Mai was a close two, because she's just plain badass. Not enough screen time though.

I actually didn't have high expectations for this series, seeing how much I loved MH, but it surprised me. The plot was fairly decent I thought, and the fanservice wasn't as devilishly blatant as I was led to believe, and I really liked the character development. Yeah, the main characters were a bit more stereotypical than MH, but there was still a lot of interesting development between the main three characters that I enjoyed watching. Mashiro growing up into a real leader, Arika staying true to her dream even through the hard times, and Nina becoming so dark, yet still so remorseful at the end.

Would liked to have seen more Mai, though.

Ciao!
Old 2008-09-18, 08:24   Link #112
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

After watching all of this series I'd like to vote for Nao....
Old 2008-09-18, 14:43   Link #113
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

There are too many good characters to choose from.

Shizuru gets first place, and it'd be a surprise if she did not. Although I like her better in HiME, because she was genuinely scary and a very convincing psychopath. They toned her down significantly in Otome, though. At least they retained her accent.

Nao is definitely one cool girl in Otome, very resourceful, and drastically different from her HiME counterpart. Although I never really hated the Nao in HiME anyway. I've always thought that she was more misunderstood than evil in HiME.

I also find myself appreciating Arika's character. Personally, I don't think she is annoying, she is definitely mischievous and fun loving, but not annoying. She is optimistic and hard working, who sought after a goal and achieved it. Her powers weren't given to her as a freebie, she had to earn it throughout the series, and I think thats something of an inspiration for everyone. I guess I can say the same thing about Mai in HiME, sans the mischievous part.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-10-21, 22:01   Link #114
NostalgicDays

Send a message via AIM to NostalgicDays
Natsuki who else?
Old 2008-10-26, 19:11   Link #115
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Nina Wong imo..

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-03-09, 04:25   Link #116
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Soo... the results of the popularity poll for the whole Hime/Otome cast are out.

http://www.my-zhime.net/himerank02/index.html

Not at all surprised by the people who ranked first and second, but for me comes a bit unexpected the 3rd place of Sergay. Never knew that the Major was so loved :P
Sakura got a great result. This franchise needs more of her (and her Master <---shameless fangirl) ^^

Now, we can vote here for the favorite pairing http://www.sunrise-anime.jp/vote/myhime_partner/
Old 2009-03-09, 07:51   Link #117
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

What I can't understand all the Segery hate. Personally, I rather liked his character.

Shizuru winning the female pool was expected. A pity in my opinion, as I hold no love for Shizuru, but expected. Hurray for Sakura winning third place though!

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-03-09 at 08:17.
Old 2009-03-09, 08:16   Link #118
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Well, I can see why fans hate Sergay with passion, but sincerely I do not approve either. For me it's just a derailed character. Sadly, because he was quite good, and necessary, in the first half of show. I would have liked to see someone else in that 3rd spot, though XDDD

Sakura? Isn't it ironic that a character that appeared for less than 10 minutes almost scored as much as the main character of the show and, in comparison, almost as much as Shizuru, with all the hype that surround the Kyoto girl? I'm amused. ^^
Old 2009-03-09, 08:22   Link #119
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I find it ironic, and also rather insulting, because a lot of the things he does in Otome are paralel to what Shizuru does in HiME. And yet, fans hate Sergay while at the same time heap praises on Shizuru.

It's almost as if it has more to do with him being a guy rather then the role he represents.

And Sakura is awesome <3 Character design does a lot to appeal me to her, and the few shreds and bits we've gotten to see of her personality certainly don't disappoint either.

Seriously, that scene of the arrogant Kyoko being reduced to a gibbering buffoon who used the first excuse she got to run like hell was golden.

Blah! Took a while to pick out my favorite pairings with a kanji converter. Here are my votes:

HiME: Natsuki/Mai
Otome: Arika/Mashiro
S.ifr: Rena/S.ifr

... I do like my Yuri couples, don't I?

Now here's to hoping this will break the boring ShizNat trail.

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-03-09 at 08:48.
Old 2009-03-09, 08:44   Link #120
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I find it ironic, and also rather insulting, because a lot of the things he does in Otome are paralel to what Shizune does in HiME. And yet, fans hate Sergay while at the same time heap praises on Shizuru.

It's almost as if it has more to do with him being a guy rather then the role he represents.

I totally quote this. I know I'll sound bitchy, but I'm sure that if Reito (or another male character of choice) had done to Mai (insert your female character of choice) what Shizuru did to Natsuki, he wouldn't have been that loved and worshiped.

My votes for the pairings are:
Hime: Mai/Tate
Otome: Nina/Nagi XD
Sifr: Rena/Shiro (but sincerely, my vote here would have totally been for SakuraxHer Master, I didn't find his name, though!)

Despite my love for the Maixtate, NatsukixMai is a great choice, and probably the fittest pair for Natsuki
Closed Thread