AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-05-19, 11:07   Link #1
leona_senshi

Send a message via MSN to leona_senshi Send a message via Yahoo to leona_senshi
Sailor Moon Anime Re-make.... wouldn't it be cool?

I was thinking, Sailor moon was not animated just as the manga was made, in this case, following the exact story line, like other animes have been releast in the past practitly the same as in the original manga like for example Ranma, Chobits, MGRE, peach girl, etc.

Now, I know that the sailor moon live action searies is based on the manga, but lets face it, it was directed to a smaller age audience, do you think that if they made a Re-make of sailor moon exactly as it went on in the manga would have the same or higher popularity or succcess as the original anime now.

I ask this becuase the manga is sooo cool , I loved the way Naoko made the original story, but sinceraly watching 200 eps. of the some times same repetitive story (bad guy want's some thing, the take an inocent person, do their thing and then sailor moon saves the day...) it was somewhat boring at certain times. The anime is nice, I admit, I like the anime, but not as much as the manga.
the manga was more dramatic, cruel (some times), had more story, was more serious and people actually dieing was actually very entertaining. So I would love to see a Re-make of Sailor moon anime just as it comes in manga.

what's you're opinion?
leona_senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 11:25   Link #2
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Yes, I want a remake that follows the manga except that it wouldn't have Chibi Usa in it-it be a daughter worthy of Usagi and Mamoru's love instead-no it should be Chibi Chibi!
Old 2006-05-19, 15:20   Link #3
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

ive had enough magical shojo for two lifetimes. sorry.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 21:52   Link #4
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Sailor moon remake... real problem is that... we're in a different time. In the genre today, we have toddlers resorting to brute force (Nanoha...) that are involved in some gruesome acts which Sailor Moon by no mean dwell upon. The whole 'flair' of magical girl has taken a back seat now to action and drama +loli and romance is not exactly a must.

It would be strange to look at Sailor Moon again anyway... as I don't know if one can preserve it's flair while trying to incorporate the moe of this era into it.

(Although, that said, I can't help but picture a Bone revision to Sailor Moon... vs. Toei, Bandai, Gainex and KyoAni..)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 11:07   Link #5
sorvani

PGSM did pretty good in the ratings. i don't think romance is as dead as you think it is. I think a solid manga retelling coould work.

Personally i would love to see it. Realistically i doubt it would ever happen.
sorvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 15:41   Link #6
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
i'd want a remake for fushigi yuugi, this anime is awful but has such a great potential (character's basis are interesting, story line is great and very dinamic, beautiful art by yuu watase, which, btw, i can't wait to see another anime from).
gknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 12:13   Link #7
leona_senshi

Send a message via MSN to leona_senshi Send a message via Yahoo to leona_senshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by gknight
i'd want a remake for fushigi yuugi, this anime is awful but has such a great potential (character's basis are interesting, story line is great and very dinamic, beautiful art by yuu watase, which, btw, i can't wait to see another anime from).

this was only for sailor moon...not fushigi yuugi... I think you're in the wrong thread...
leona_senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 00:53   Link #8
Sakuya
*Artist

I think that if Sailor Moon were totally redone as a 26 episode series without all the fillers, it'd be really good. And if it were done in My HiME fashion, it'd be even better. Those two series are seriously matching with the monsters and sometimes even the angst. Or rather, My Otome would be a better analogy without all the plot holes.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 05:48   Link #9
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

Send a message via AIM to gumbaloom Send a message via Yahoo to gumbaloom
For all intents and purposes, the Sailor Moon Franchise is dead. Naoko isn't creating any new manga and the chances of remaking the show seem low.

-gumbaloom
gumbaloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 06:13   Link #10
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

the fundamental underlying problem of sailor moon was,

no one really wanted to watch all those stupid battle scenes. too many annoying monster characters. not enough usagi action.
Old 2006-05-25, 09:47   Link #11
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

I guess I'm the only one who liked the Sailor Moon (and Fushigi Yuugi) anime version as they were.
Old 2006-05-25, 10:07   Link #12
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbaloom
For all intents and purposes, the Sailor Moon Franchise is dead. Naoko isn't creating any new manga and the chances of remaking the show seem low.

-gumbaloom
True. Simply because in her last interview Naoko wished to give a long, well-deserved rest to Sailor Moon.

Besides, TOEI is experimenting with other mahou shoujo to going on milking profits from the big cow that is the mahou-shoujo genre.

It did so with Magical Doremi and is doing it now with Pretty Cure.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 14:53   Link #13
Thelastguardian

Sailor Moon...

I think this will seriously damage my manhood, but what the heck: I used to like Sailor Moon, when I was 7 or 8. I have two sisters and, you see, when Sailor Moon came out in Japan, it was all the rage in the little girls sagment. I was, should I say unforturnately enough, to have been bombarded by a) trading cards b) manga c) TV shows/OVA d) figurines e) and god knows what else.

But come on, all the kids who liked Sailor Moon when it came out are now adults. They like something else.

Sailor Moon (SM?!) was quite revolutionary when it came out, that's why kids of that time digged that. But the later generation of kids grew up with Sailor Moon- they are used to the whole Magical Shoujo idea already. It is nothing amazing anymore.

Now you either aim for the otaku market (Nahona?!) or the kids market with wacky diaglouges.
Old 2006-05-25, 16:30   Link #14
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
Sailor Moon...

I think this will seriously damage my manhood, but what the heck: I used to like Sailor Moon, when I was 7 or 8. I have two sisters and, you see, when Sailor Moon came out in Japan, it was all the rage in the little girls sagment. I was, should I say unforturnately enough, to have been bombarded by a) trading cards b) manga c) TV shows/OVA d) figurines e) and god knows what else.

But come on, all the kids who liked Sailor Moon when it came out are now adults. They like something else.

Sailor Moon (SM?!) was quite revolutionary when it came out, that's why kids of that time digged that. But the later generation of kids grew up with Sailor Moon- they are used to the whole Magical Shoujo idea already. It is nothing amazing anymore.
I hate to break this to you, but the whole Mahou Shoujo genre was well trod back when Sailor Moon was airing. It wasn't an amazing idea then either. Mahou Shoujo has been around for ages. Sailor Moon wasn't at all revolutionary. It was simply a very well done variant on already existing themes. Very little in Sailor Moon was at all revolutionary, except for perhaps the ending of the first season. It was popular because they did those old themes in an interesting, touching and exciting way.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 16:44   Link #15
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I hate to break this to you, but the whole Mahou Shoujo genre was well trod back when Sailor Moon was airing. It wasn't an amazing idea then either. Mahou Shoujo has been around for ages. Sailor Moon wasn't at all revolutionary. It was simply a very well done variant on already existing themes. Very little in Sailor Moon was at all revolutionary, except for perhaps the ending of the first season. It was popular because they did those old themes in an interesting, touching and exciting way.
Actually, Sailor Moon indeed was quite of revolutionary in that blended elements from both mahou shoujo and sentai teams of five people.

Of course, mahou shoujo dates from 1966 MahouTsukai Sally and super sentai starts from 1975 Himitsu Sentai Goranger.

However, magic girls anime prior to Sailor Moon always had one magical girl as both the protagonist and centered around the storyline. Whereas Sailor Moon introduced the multiple magic girls on a team premise.

It is because of this particular aspect that helped in revitalizing the popularity of mahou shoujo of the early 90's.

As you have witnessed in magic girls like Magic Knights Rayearth, Tokyo Mew Mew, Mermaid Melody Pitch Pitch Pichi, Magical Doremi, and most recently Pretty Cure, those magic-girl shows starred from couples to teams of three to five (six/seven girls at most) members.

Today, that element has mostly waned interest from magic-girl due to Sailor Moon's overwhelming popularity overexploitating that concept throughout the '90's.
Old 2006-05-26, 12:26   Link #16
Chiibi

Quote:
Speak for yourself. Nyar.
Old 2006-05-26, 12:28   Link #17
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tug
I guess I'm the only one who liked the Sailor Moon (and Fushigi Yuugi) anime version as they were.
Actually, no you're not the only one.
Old 2006-05-26, 12:34   Link #18
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tug
Count me in too, as well.

I also love Pretear, since mixes elements from both.
Old 2006-05-27, 01:15   Link #19
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Its not magical Doremi its Ojamajo Doremi >.<

I wouldn't want any more sailor moon. It's too much to watch! I really liked it as a kid when I watched the japanese ones. But it would kind of spoil it.

I like Toei's new magical girl shows they arereally well thought out minus prettty cure's plot XD. Ojamajo Doremi is in my opinion the best magical girl show.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 05:03   Link #20
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

now now, pretear may be magical shojo but its not a kiddie show like sailor moon.

i forgot to add pretear to the animes that made me cry list ;____;

sailor moon was a great show with a huge fanbase. but by the time we got to sailormoonR i was kind of burnt out. later on with the chibi usagi future storyline it was interesting again, and later on again with chibichibi and the pegasus. but it was just soo long it all kind of melted together.