AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-02-19, 19:40   Link #781
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by enragedjacquescouste View Post
be careful there. In the Japanese it literally says "boy friend"...as in, there aren't any romantic connotations.
But say, if you look at the way they act, it seems as if Maria had meant it. And though it's not a usual case, but it is inferred as 'boyfriend' at times.
And it's quite common that Maria mistakes Hayate as a girl, so I thought she meant that.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 01:43   Link #782
enragedjacquescouste

they have a completely separate word for romantic boyfriends, though--kareshi (sorry, can't type Japanese....)
Also, Maria says that she asked because Hayate's always hanging out with girls
enragedjacquescouste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 23:03   Link #783
Yaluen
銀髪冒險家兼少女殺手

A quick poll here, but...what's your guy's/gal's opinion on the progression of the latest manga chapter releases (say...from ch 170 to the current ch 212)? I'm kind of curious to know what the general consensus of this forum is, considering that recently there has been some dissenting opinions about how the author tends to digress and stall in the series (not helped by the frequency of a lot of the random one-shot chapters that tend to pop-up frequently nowadays). Some call it disillusionment of the series, but to me, it really does feel kind of like that sometimes.

Your thoughts? (and please don't rebuke me by saying I don't read the author's blog. I've already had someone throw that at me already on another forum)
Yaluen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 02:19   Link #784
9taileddemon

I happen to have liked the progression of the series. It really has just been moving the way it does a lot. We have short mini arcs that give little bits of development and then the long arcs of Athena flashback and now the Greece Arc.

Then they have maybe a random chapter here or there. But so what? It's not like this is a once a month manga. It comes out once a week so if they have a weird chapter here or there then they usually go back to a mini-arc afterwards.

Also, the mini arcs are just useful for character development. There are so many characters in the manga that many would be pushed to the side if there were not the mini arcs.

Altogether I still like the path the manga is taking. I love this Las Vegas/Athens arc so much and it was a brilliant idea to get all of the characters together and interacting. And I look forward to the next chapters.

BTW, Hayate is currently my second favorite manga. One Piece has it slightly beat but that is because I REALLY love the current arc in that.
9taileddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 17:32   Link #785
Used Can

Although I liked Athena's arc far better than anything else done in this manga, this story has always been slice of life-ish; so, it's been nothing odd. Everything that happened after Athena's arc, was simply the manga returning to its usual form.
Old 2009-02-25, 12:38   Link #786
enragedjacquescouste

my God I feel so bad for Nagi in the latest chapter. All she wants is some alone time with Hayate...
Old 2009-02-25, 18:11   Link #787
Izzi Pop

Location: i will never tell you so dont ask i will do my best to block/get away from u
Send a message via Yahoo to Izzi Pop
sorry but i got no sympathy for nagi because i dont think she should be with hayate i mean sure as friends but a 13 year old with a 16 year old to me is child abuse and a thirteen year old pampered spioled brat with a 16 year old guy with some body made of steel is not my cup of tea i rather have him with maria
Izzi Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 21:33   Link #788
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Chapter 213 is out! And it's good...
Hamster asks Hinagiku why she likes Hayate, given the chasm between their situations...

Spoiler for answer:

(then next page they bump into Hayate and Nagi. Awkward...)

That immediately makes me want to flip through my old Hayate volumes...
Old 2009-02-26, 09:47   Link #789
primuler
Love For 3D

You know, I found something interesting. A shot of a guy who looks like Himegami
Spoiler for Himegami? And some logical speculation of his identity:

Last edited by primuler; 2009-02-26 at 21:44.
Old 2009-02-27, 05:48   Link #790
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
You know, I found something interesting. A shot of a guy who looks like Himegami
Spoiler for Himegami? And some logical speculation of his identity:
Spoiler:
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 21:31   Link #791
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-01, 20:45   Link #792
Used Can

I hope Athena will show up soon... no, actually, I simply hope she shows up, at least once, during this arc.

Last edited by Used Can; 2009-03-01 at 20:56.
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 22:19   Link #793
enragedjacquescouste

do you have any doubt that she will?
Old 2009-03-01, 23:59   Link #794
Used Can

Honestly, I'm not sure. I don't think they ended up in Athens for no reason, but I still wonder what exactly is Hata planning to do with Athena.
Old 2009-03-02, 01:46   Link #795
Fandal

Wow, A-Tan is a really risky move for Hayate (manga). The expectations for her is very very very very high. Who knows what will happen, but I think the safest way is to make sure Athena isn't introduced to the group or Hayate to keep the story flow going in tact.

I think the safest way to do that is through Maria and show the relationship between Athena and Maria since Maria has some connection to Greece and she's actually there! Maria's past is pretty weak compared to the other major characters so development there won't do major chaos with the rest of the cast. Then again, I have no clue what's going to happen. The author might just take the risk and introduce her to everyone and we might end up with an even better story (or a really big mess).
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 01:51   Link #796
9taileddemon

Hey, have they announced what the popularity results were yet?
9taileddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 00:25   Link #797
Fandal

Can anyone translate or give a brief summary the recent chapters? Something odd is happening.
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 08:44   Link #798
primuler
Love For 3D

No news of popularity poll yet. And for recent chapters, Hayate and the girls are just playing around.
Old 2009-03-11, 01:49   Link #799
anselfir
Style Über Alles

hopefully by playing around you mean making babies.
Old 2009-03-11, 19:10   Link #800
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
hopefully by playing around you mean making babies.
Well, we're talking about Hayate here.

Tags
comedy, shounen