AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-06-29, 12:59   Link #14081
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
OH! I could do Rogue!Tea perfectly!!!!!!!

Spoiler for Rogue!Tea opening:

Quote:
I would want to know what you were thinking about when you wrote that...
Quote:
Tsk, tsk. I'm disappointed that you, Mr Devotee-of-all-things-NanoFate, can't even make a guess. Assume it's a scene we actually saw in the anime, does that help?
That, and I also have a running thing with my stories that Fate loves water. She became friends with Nanoha near it, had her first date at a water park, and first kiss was at the beach. Also she took Caro and Erio to a water park for their first "fun time" together.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 13:04   Link #14082
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post

So long as she partially hates herself for ruining her image in the TSAB, that might work. Basically, as long as all of the implications are adequately explored. I don't know how well I could handle such a conflicted character, personally.
Old 2009-06-29, 13:10   Link #14083
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:

So, what about Tea's mission to redeem the Lanstar name? By working as a inglorious mercenary, such opportunities are not likely to appear. Also, considering the somewhat negative image of mercenaries as a greedy only-for-the-money hired muscle, Teana will then join her brother in infamy.

There's also the issue of Teana effectively abandoning her team and friends. You don't just drop out like that and expect people to fondly bid you farewell. Hell, her dropping out could result in a very different ending for StrikerS.
Old 2009-06-29, 13:13   Link #14084
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Paranoia has a way of twisting objectives.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 13:19   Link #14085
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Hmm.

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven, I suppose.
Old 2009-06-29, 15:07   Link #14086
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

You guys are too young, you know that?

It was an "A-Team" spoof. You know, Mr. T "I pity the fool!" and stuff...

"orz Am I really that old?
Old 2009-06-29, 15:12   Link #14087
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
When the remake comes out, they'll understand Satashi. No worries I'm old enough to remember x_x.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 15:26   Link #14088
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
When the remake comes out, they'll understand Satashi. No worries I'm old enough to remember x_x.
I didn't even watch the show and I remember it XD

On another note, I really want to do a Billy Mays spoof fic but can't think of anything right now. Is it bad that he's the only one who died recently that I cared about? T_T I think Vince killed him and used the ShamWOW to clean up the crime scene. I guess Billy really didn't love his nuts.
Old 2009-06-29, 15:27   Link #14089
The Guy Named Zeo
stuff written here

Send a message via MSN to The Guy Named Zeo
I watch the reruns of the A-Team all the time. My dad got me hooked on the show. I think the film is set to be released in summer of 2010 and I can't wait.
Old 2009-06-29, 15:32   Link #14090
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
On another note, I really want to do a Billy Mays spoof fic but can't think of anything right now. Is it bad that he's the only one who died recently that I cared about? T_T I think Vince killed him and used the ShamWOW to clean up the crime scene. I guess Billy really didn't love his nuts.
Nah, it's not bad.

I really don't think much about the last week, I don't wanna.

Last week sucked.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 15:57   Link #14091
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
You guys are too young, you know that?

It was an "A-Team" spoof. You know, Mr. T "I pity the fool!" and stuff...

"orz Am I really that old?
That show stopped running when I was one. If that. (1987)

Learn something every day...
Old 2009-06-29, 15:59   Link #14092
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

I've watched plenty of A-Team in my youth. Reruns and recordings of it, at least. However, the spoof flew right over my head because I was thinking about it seriously, whereas you did not. Sure, I ruined the joke, but it's your fault for sticking in a very old show that only a few of us would recognize. You are old.

Plus it's the A-Team. Their antics wouldn't really apply in Nanohaverse unless they could weld something together and recreate a Starlight Breaker.
Old 2009-06-29, 16:07   Link #14093
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

... Touma stapled his device together...
Old 2009-06-29, 16:32   Link #14094
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post

Plus it's the A-Team. Their antics wouldn't really apply in Nanohaverse unless they could weld something together and recreate a Starlight Breaker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
... Touma stapled his device together...
And Mcguyver used chewing gum.
Old 2009-06-29, 16:42   Link #14095
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If MacGuyver was in the Nanoha universe, I can see him using the dismantled pieces of damaged/destroyed Intelligent Devices to make his own. =X
Old 2009-06-29, 16:49   Link #14096
DKN117

Alternate possibility: Teana snaps DURING the mock battle that led to the White Devil Incident. Perhaps after Nanoha's first blast, Tia can't take it anymore and she dodges/withstands/deflects the second blast and promptly goes into an Unstoppable Rage trying to kill Nanoha, possibly even somehow automatically converting her life energy into combat energy, and when the others sense that Tia's semi-insane state could kill her it adds a sense of urgency to the ensuing epic showdown.

Also, all the "Sasuke" quotes made me think of a possible justification for her personality making such a drasticly fast turn. The Infinity Library is said to contain info on damn near everything. What if, the day before the battle, Teana slips into it and finds an old scroll written by "an infamous dark sorceror from a planetary timeline populated by humans who use their chi to fight each other and manipulate the elements". Long story short: Tia finds the old recipe for the Cursed Seal of Heaven written by their universe's equivalent of Orochimaru. The seal's corruptive effects are well-known for bringing out the recipient's inner darkness (look at what happened to Sasuke when he first got it), and it would explain her sudden turn to darkness against Nanoha. Plus, if any of the other characters (especially either Nanoha or someone else who's present and can immediately inform her of it) know of the seal and its effects - including how overuse can kill its wielder - it can show them all just how far Teana's willing to go for more prestige/power.

Alternate: all the stress of seemingly failing simply causes her to snap just like in canon, but instead of just standing there she actively dodges Nanoha's attack and starts fighting to kill.

Lastly, an idea for a new Cross Mirage form that Teana's rage/insanity/curse/desperation spontaneously unlocks/creates: Longsword Mode. A 3-foot-long blade of magical energy set to do not magical, but physical damage (i.e., like a regular sword), with the 'body' of Cross Mirage shape-shifted into the hilt. An epic duel between sword-wielding Rage!Teana and staff-wielding UhOh!Nanoha.

I don't know how to quote, but Keroko's comment "Paranoia has a way of twisting objectives" is a very good supporting argument for this.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 16:51   Link #14097
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*shudders* I'll pass on the Naruto crossover. I never liked crossovers between universes that have little in common.
Old 2009-06-29, 16:54   Link #14098
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Eh, same can be said about most universes that isn't Nanoverse. They are all different and use other principles.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 17:26   Link #14099
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Is Teana even strong enough to attempt killing Nanoha?

I can't see her doing much damage to the Ace of Aces even if she snaps and goes batshit insane.
Old 2009-06-29, 17:30   Link #14100
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well a robot managed to pull it off. :3 (Yes, yes, I know the circumstances)

I also can't see Teana doing any actual damage to Nanoha. Tea's not the strongest mage, and Nanoha would also have a clear head and be much more capable because of it.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha