AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2011-10-02, 10:41   Link #21
Shadow5YA

Accel World also has a manga adaptation if you want to read some chapters to check it out.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 15:42   Link #22
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
The PV is impressive, but it doesn't tell me anything about the main character. I don't really have issue with fat character, it's just that the stereotype they usually are don't give a good impression to me . Hopefully this one will be different.
Well you can call him the uncool, always bully and weak fat guy and that's super stereotype character but if you like the character with guts and fight with their fist and head and not the super bishounen type with a super gorgeous loli harem. You will like him and I like him better than Kirito which is too bad ass that I can't call a single flaw on him which irritates me if the MC is too perfect
Old 2011-10-02, 16:06   Link #23
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
The PV is impressive, but it doesn't tell me anything about the main character. I don't really have issue with fat character, it's just that the stereotype they usually are don't give a good impression to me . Hopefully this one will be different.
It's an under dog story where the main goes from zero to hero...If that's not the story for you well that's your problem..
Old 2011-10-02, 18:10   Link #24
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You know, I can totally see that as the main draw for this show

Loli Harem - "Meh..."

Fat Protagonist - "OMG! Originality! SOLD!"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 18:25   Link #25
Shadow5YA

Well, he's not fat... in games.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 18:56   Link #26
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Well, he's not fat... in games.
Which is why so many on the Internet can relate to him...
Old 2011-10-02, 19:05   Link #27
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Which is why so many on the Internet can relate to him...
No ... he's extremely overpowered in game ... his hax level might be surpassing Kirito. He just lacks experience right now.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 20:04   Link #28
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
No ... he's extremely overpowered in game ... his hax level might be surpassing Kirito. He just lacks experience right now.
actually I was making a slight joke with that post but I guess it went over everyones heads so...meh
Old 2011-10-02, 21:05   Link #29
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i had a hard time differencing this manga with another with a fat guy who is sent to a medieval setting after dying in a bus, but i find both interesting, and interesting to see a protagonist with my bodybuild
Old 2011-10-02, 22:10   Link #30
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

It makes me VERY eager to find out who the seiyuus are going to be. Let the speculation begin!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 00:26   Link #31
Westlo
Lets be reality

Seeing as how this has a PV already I'm guessing that this will air before Sword Art Online. Would be rather silly to air them at the same time... AW could be Winter/Spring 2012 and SAO during the last half of the year.

Anyway I was wondering when Accel World was going to be animated, I kept seeing it rank in the weekly light novel charts over the last couple of years, it is one of the higher selling ones not to be animated. What I didn't know was that the same author as AW had an even bigger series in SAO, I must have payed it no mind when it ranked for some reason...

Also interesting to see Sunrise start to get into adapting Light Novels with firstly Horizon and now Accel World. Though it's not like they didn't adapt the Crest of Stars novels before, really I need to finish that...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 01:06   Link #32
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

After checking out the manga, I must say I'm really interested in this title. The beginning is always starting with a kind of "loser" character, but thing sure develops fast. Looking forward to the show.
Old 2011-10-03, 01:49   Link #33
Sage Shinigami

Send a message via AIM to Sage Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Sage Shinigami
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Yes, though you should probably discuss this in the SAO thread .
Meant to say Accel World, not SAO.
Sage Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 01:58   Link #34
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
actually I was making a slight joke with that post but I guess it went over everyones heads so...meh
Nah, I got what you mean, I just feel like saying Haruyuki is overpowered (which tends to get people's attention).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Shinigami View Post
Meant to say Accel World, not SAO.
Oh yeah, AW has a ton of fight scenes with some more messed up than others. Like everyone said, check the manga for basic premise.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 09:52   Link #35
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
Kirito may be "perfect" in your definition but not my definition. He might have very strong sword skills in SAO game but he's not invincible or bad-ass as you think. In fact, Kirito has flaws as well. Kirito is weak in the real world because he does not have a strong body. He may have learned some sword skills in SAO but sword skills are relatively useless against an opponent with a much fitter body. Even in the finalle of the battle between Kirito and Heathcliff in the last part of Vol. 1, if not for some miracle, Kirito would die instead. That's why Kirito does not boast about his strength in front of anybody because he knows that even though he is very strong among the players, he is powerless against the Game Masters (GM). He also understands that he has a disadvantage in the real world because of his weak body. Read Vol. 4 to see what happened when Kirito battled Sugou (as a GM). Kirito was basically on the losing side only until he himself got the GM account from Heathcliff. In addition to that, it is implied in the novel that Kirito is not as strong as himself in SAO time after the SAO and ALO incident.
I won't answer but I will just say that I'm a SAO fan and had read and saw some of the web version up to book 4 of it which is the messed up 100+ chapter but only saw that part. It's pretty messed up to read it in machine translation.

Quote:
Nah, I got what you mean, I just feel like saying Haruyuki is overpowered (which tends to get people's attention).
I haven't read the novel just only the manga though I wish someone will pick the novel to be translated and onto he topic of why is Haruyuki might be overpowered or overpowered? I know he learns fast and in a state of fast evolution in the manga but he still get trashed by that enemy of his in the first volume.

And the story of accel world is indeed more serious and gruesome judging by the novel illustration of the novel.
Old 2011-10-03, 10:03   Link #36
larethian

gruesome? sounds good.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 12:05   Link #37
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
Did I spoil anything beyond what you have read? I am sorry if I did that in my previous post. I may get too emotional when i strongly disagree with something. How naive of me.

Of course I don't mind which main character you like. It's your opinion. For me, Haruyuki is also a good main character regardless of his appearance. But overall I do not feel attached to the characters in Accel World, not even Kuroyuki Hime. That's why I am more of a SAO fan instead of Accel World.
.....>.> this is accel world anime thread but you don't spoil anything in SAO because web version is the original form of SAO which is consist of Acts from the prologue story up to the real story which is alicization.

Well my first impression of Haruyuki is a jerk and an idiot from the manga. I almost want to kick that sorry fat ass. But as the chapter goes on. I started to like him. Which is compared to Kirito from the get go is so bad ass already

And as for the PV of it. I don't see much to it aside that if sunrise will be handling AW then I don't have problems and I don't know on when will they air it but isn't it interesting to see if it airs together with the other authors work? though that will probably a bad move because it will go against each other and start a never ending comparison.

Just like what is happening

Last edited by tsunade666; 2011-10-03 at 12:20. Reason: removing the spoiler part
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 12:55   Link #38
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
And as for the PV of it. I don't see much to it aside that if sunrise will be handling AW then I don't have problems and I don't know on when will they air it but isn't it interesting to see if it airs together with the other authors work? though that will probably a bad move because it will go against each other and start a never ending comparison.

Just like what is happening
Did you mean airing both AW and SAO together at the same time?

On the positive light, airing both SAO and AW together may benefit both series as they may complement each other and boost the sales of both light novel series and the animes themselves.On the negative light, it may mean more war threads for both series. The side effect would be the decrease in sales for either one or both of the series.

But even before the announcement of anime production for both series, there were already posts and threads about "AW vs SAO" in other forums (not here). I believe the source of this may be caused by the fact that SAO is more popular than AW at least in terms of sales. The latest volume of SAO sold about 93k while the AW counterpart sold about 58k. Seeing that AW always lose to SAO in terms of sales, some AW fans might question what's so good about SAO and try to elaborate how good AW is and how average SAO is. The same thing happens in the SAO camp as they try to defend SAO and attack AW instead.

But no doubt there are much more who liked both series or at least respect the other series while taking sides. I am more of the latter type but i will bank on a good AW anime by Sunrise to turn me into the former type.
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 13:19   Link #39
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Now, if Kana Hanazawa was the main lead girl, that would be awesome!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 20:08   Link #40
tsunade666

^ will she fit kuroyukihime's personality?

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen