AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.34%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 108 34.39%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.43%
Infinity 84 26.75%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 184 58.60%
Northern Cross 150 47.77%
Anata no Oto 55 17.52%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.11%
Yousei 98 31.21%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.20%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.55%
Lion 165 52.55%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.46%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.61%
Neko Nikki 20 6.37%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.17%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 34.71%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.61%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.03%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 24.84%
Aimo OC 52 16.56%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-14, 07:44   Link #1101
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Great news. Frontier managed to beat yet another record. It's not surprising, considering the OST 2 ;D

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 08:41   Link #1102
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I need to ask.. I'm looking for the duet in ep 7.. the one Alto heard when saving Luca.. Names and which OST/single/whatever its included.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 08:57   Link #1103
mechabao

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
I need to ask.. I'm looking for the duet in ep 7.. the one Alto heard when saving Luca.. Names and which OST/single/whatever its included.
That would be Infinity from OST 1. I don't think they've released a duet version of it yet. Maybe when or if OST 3 comes out, it'll be on there.
mechabao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 09:56   Link #1104
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Most probably OST 3 will only be out after the movie, or it won't even be out at all.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 10:07   Link #1105
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

With the sales numbers on OST2, I'd think the producers crazy if they don't release more - or at least, some singles.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 10:18   Link #1106
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

They should have each song in 4 versions

Sheryl's; green hair's; duet and Bobby's special.

Altho, after hearing the green hair version of DC, it might not sell that well
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 10:23   Link #1107
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
It's possible that another OST for Macross F may be released. There are certainly some songs that has not been introduced fully:

Diamond Crevasse 50/50
Infinity Duet
Aimo Ranshe Ver.
Aimo Sheryl Ver. (Kinda doubt this one, but even Nyan-nyan song could make it way to OST 1, so why not )

And some BGMs are currently missing.

Perhaps it would not be OST 3, maybe For Fans OST?

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 12:24   Link #1108
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

I want Sheryl Nyan commercial, graphics included

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 14:59   Link #1109
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
This deserves a new post. From ANN:

2nd Macross Frontier Album Sells 102,000 in 1st Week
posted on 2008-10-14 05:48 EDT
1st soundtrack since 1997's End of Evangelion to sell 100,000+ in 1st week

Macross Frontier Original Soundtrack 2: Nyan Tora sold 102,000 copies to rank #2 in the most recent Oricon weekly album sales chart. That makes this CD the first soundtrack since 1997's The End of Evangelion album to sell more than 100,000 copies in its first week in Japan. The first Macross Frontier soundtrack sold 72,000 copies in its first week to rank #3 in June, while The End of Evangelion album sold 165,000 copies to reach #3. All four Macross Frontier CD singles have also debuted in the top 5 of Oricon's weekly singles chart, and three ranked at #3.

Macross Frontier is the recently concluded television sequel to the Macross space opera series. Like the first Macross series, it features a space war, love triangles, three-mode transformable fighters, and pop music. Macross Frontier composer Yoko Kanno also scored the soundtrack for Macross Plus, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Escaflowne. The two Macross Frontier soundtracks are her first Top-10 albums.

Source: Oricon
Unfortunately, Nyan Tra only made it to #2 weekly. It did break 100,000 in terms of first week sales, a record for anime soundtrack not since the End of Evangelion soundtrack.

I was really hoping it would get #1 because that's like a pinnacle for anime soundtracks, considering even something like Evangelion OST III "DEATH" got #1 weekly, I was a little disappointed.

Well alas, I did my part and bought a CD.

Also, I cannot go to Singapore for the concert. Not going to make an international plane-trip during school semester. Anywhere in the United States and I'd go...
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 15:12   Link #1110
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Don't be disappointed about its sales. The fact that OST II still doing extremely well in face of a failing world economy should be enough for us to be happy about.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 15:18   Link #1111
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Well I was just really banking on it to get #1 because that might actually convince those idiots on NHK to invite May'n to Red-White.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Don't be disappointed about its sales. The fact that OST II still doing extremely well in face of a failing world economy should be enough for us to be happy about.

- Tak
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 17:02   Link #1112
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well this was an even weaker effort then last time I'm afraid to say. Half the songs are basically recycled remixes of ones from the first OST and the ones that aren't don't really inspire me much either. Again I think any credit with this OST should go to Nakajima and May'N. Moreseo the former. It's pretty clear to me that Yoko Kanno isn't even trying anymore, but then again I can't say I blame her. How much would you be incited to really put in the effort if you knew just by having your name on the cover that your OST was going to sell absurdly well. That's really the real problem I think.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 17:10   Link #1113
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Well this was an even weaker effort then last time I'm afraid to say. Half the songs are basically recycled remixes of ones from the first OST and the ones that aren't don't really inspire me much either. Again I think any credit with this OST should go to Nakajima and May'N. Moreseo the former. It's pretty clear to me that Yoko Kanno isn't even trying anymore, but then again I can't say I blame her. How much would you be incited to really put in the effort if you knew just by having your name on the cover that your OST was going to sell absurdly well. That's really the real problem I think.
Meh, I certainly got it for the sake of the vocal tracks themselves, which were excellent.

Regardless of what you can say about Yoko Kanno, she did compose the music for a majority of the vocal tracks, and they are sweet melodies to my ears.

That said, I love the track Battle Frontier, and that Prologue theme.

As for singer comparison, I am sorry, but Nakajima has no power in her song. The only songs I like from her are Aimo OG and What 'bout My Star @ Folmo, and that is because the latter featured a Duet with Sheryl.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2008-10-14 at 22:41.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 22:36   Link #1114
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
remixed to death yes, you didn't enjoy it, i enjoy it, i saw your review about the ost, and seeing you bash to death some of my fav tracks.. seems we are not in the same wavelength, anyway each to each own eh

and i would still rate may'n vocal power above that of nakajima

cheers
Old 2008-10-14, 23:00   Link #1115
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
It's pretty clear to me that Yoko Kanno isn't even trying anymore, but then again I can't say I blame her. How much would you be incited to really put in the effort if you knew just by having your name on the cover that your OST was going to sell absurdly well.
You do realize that her Frontier OSTS have massively outsold everything else she has done? If you want to see Kanno phoning it in I'll point you towards the Darker Than Black OSTs... which btw didn't even get a second ost release which makes the sentence I quoted laughably wrong since DTB was Kanno's last OST prior to this series.

You could say that Kanno's stock was at an all time low with DTB before bouncing back to bcome her best ever with Frontier.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 01:11   Link #1116
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
This deserves a new post. From ANN:

2nd Macross Frontier Album Sells 102,000 in 1st Week
posted on 2008-10-14 05:48 EDT
1st soundtrack since 1997's End of Evangelion to sell 100,000+ in 1st week

Macross Frontier Original Soundtrack 2: Nyan Tora sold 102,000 copies to rank #2 in the most recent Oricon weekly album sales chart. That makes this CD the first soundtrack since 1997's The End of Evangelion album to sell more than 100,000 copies in its first week in Japan. The first Macross Frontier soundtrack sold 72,000 copies in its first week to rank #3 in June, while The End of Evangelion album sold 165,000 copies to reach #3. All four Macross Frontier CD singles have also debuted in the top 5 of Oricon's weekly singles chart, and three ranked at #3.

Macross Frontier is the recently concluded television sequel to the Macross space opera series. Like the first Macross series, it features a space war, love triangles, three-mode transformable fighters, and pop music. Macross Frontier composer Yoko Kanno also scored the soundtrack for Macoss Plus, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Escaflowne. The two Macross Frontier soundtracks are her first Top-10 albums.

Source: Oricon
Is this Yoko Kanno's best selling OST?
pinoy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 03:50   Link #1117
Ottocycle

Quote:
Again I think any credit with this OST should go to Nakajima and May'N. Moreseo the former. It's pretty clear to me that Yoko Kanno isn't even trying anymore, but then again I can't say I blame her. How much would you be incited to really put in the effort if you knew just by having your name on the cover that your OST was going to sell absurdly well. That's really the real problem I think.
So you're trying to say that a song's listenability should not be attributed to the writer of the song, but wholly toward the singer who provides the voice and emotion for it? Save for Ai Oboeteimasuka which she only rearranged, Kanno did write the music that the two of them were singing to, you know.

I'm sorry I don't subscribe to that kind of thinking. All I can say is that one can never do well without the other playing his/her part to the fullest, and that they've all done a stellar job producing this piece of work, singing, writing and otherwise.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 05:55   Link #1118
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
You have got a pretty rigid view of music. The basic idea of having a remix is to hear a song in a different way. For example, Aimo OC is a very interesting remix of a previously melodic and soft Aimo. The great gusto in which the song is played is able to invoke more emotion.

Spoiler for Unecessary Information And Personal Opinion Of Aimo OC:

Even musicians run out of ideas, especially during crunch times (they released 2 albums in a few months with little space to imagine new pieces). Yoko Kanno is trying very hard to come up with great pieces such as Northern Cross and a totally rebuilt version of Ai Oboete Imasuka.

People want to try completely new things, but favouring invention over improvisation is going to make everyone hard to please. I do know some forms of remixes are totally pathetic because the listener can't feel the music, but IMO Yoko is able to change or even amplify how I feel about Macross's music.

Don't keep asking for new things, but rather, learn to view old things from a different perspective. That is why modifications exist right?

P.S No offense, but having a rigid view of music is one of the main causes of sound randomly thrown together for marketing. That is one of the reasons why I switched over from "Craptopop" recommended by my friends and trashy classical music to REAL music like this and metal respectively. The plague has gone too far till good music is hard to find nowadays.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2008-10-15 at 06:06.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 07:39   Link #1119
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

That was an excellent post SaintessHeart. I glad to see there are other people that can recognize the subtle differences in the music.
kilroy0097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 11:07   Link #1120
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I wanted to write something as well, but it seems like I do not need to. There are more people who knows music better than I do here, I'm glad Macross has attracted the correct audience.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music