AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-11-14, 00:42   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 609 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Full spoilers currently released; have at it...

Last edited by james0246; 2012-11-20 at 09:54.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 00:54   Link #2
Super_Gilby
Shadow Of Death

Send a message via MSN to Super_Gilby
Awesome chapter but Naruto, Kakashi and the 9 tails need to be beat down for being so cheap and it looks like Orochimaru and Sasuke will aid Naruto and company because theres no way those 4 stand a chance with the 10 tails and Madara there x.x
Super_Gilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 00:54   Link #3
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
What happened to Sasuke?
Old 2012-11-14, 00:59   Link #4
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

yah i dont really see how naruto/bee/gai/and kakashi can fight 10 tails along with madara and obito. The only thing I could see is the 10 tails attacking and then running out of energy because it only has part of the 8 and 9 tails.

Good chapter though I liked the strategy used by the kyubii to toss kakashi in to attack from both ends. Looking forward to the huge fight next chapter.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 01:01   Link #5
Super_Gilby
Shadow Of Death

Send a message via MSN to Super_Gilby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
What happened to Sasuke?
Sasuke is not in the chapter but the 10 tails was revived and I was just saying the odds are so stacked against the ninja alliance that Sasuke and Orochimaru are probably going to help them ... although I hope not
Super_Gilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 01:08   Link #6
strategos

So it seems that the Nine Tails can cast chakra on its allies.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 01:32   Link #7
Aesthetic Shampoo

Kakashi could have made things a lot easier by just pulling out a kunai and stabbing Obito instead of punching him while on the other side.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 01:46   Link #8
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
and the Jyuubi is out!!! Shit just got real.
Old 2012-11-14, 01:53   Link #9
beyondsaving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
yah i dont really see how naruto/bee/gai/and kakashi can fight 10 tails along with madara and obito. The only thing I could see is the 10 tails attacking and then running out of energy because it only has part of the 8 and 9 tails.

I wonder if not having the 8 and 9 tails is why madara is saying something like "oh well" in the last panel..
Old 2012-11-14, 02:03   Link #10
Sasukemaru
Banned

A lot going on in this chapter, obito got his ass kicked, they have the perfect counter to his jutsu so he is effectively nullified.

Madara is just chilling on a rock watching obito get beat, basically not giving a damn about anything. The juubi awakens, and he doesn't seem to give a damn about that either..it seems like he really isn't too invested in the infinite tsukiyomi, and is more interested in becoming a jinchuiriki to become more powerful..

Why does everyone assume it's the alliance vs madara tobi and juubi? I honestly think the juubi doesn't give a damn about madara and obito and will not think twice about attacking them either...

Basically i think the juubi is it's own team, why would it work with ppl who want to enslave it and use its power?
Sasukemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 03:19   Link #11
ronin myael
lost ronin

not a bad chapter. i liked that little panel where naruto looked completely surprised when the kyuubi allowed kakashi to get absorbed by obito's dimension. it's been a while since this series made me laugh. it was a welcome change. that's probably the best part of this chapter.
Old 2012-11-14, 03:21   Link #12
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Are we seriously gonna let Kishi get away with the revival of the Jubi....without even capturing the 8 and 9 tails? I know it was mentioned previously that this was gonna happen but...meh...to me it feels like a cheap cop out. The whole purpose of the war was to protect the two Jinchuuriki from being captured to prevent the 9 tails capture. But it seems Tobi + Kabuto already had everything they needed to revive the Jubi without even going to war! Pointless war from a nose-diving manga...
On the positive side of things...atleast the ball is rolling plotwise. I wonder how team Alliance will deal with both Madara AND the Jubi? Madara has already shown that he is capable of solo'ing entire armies by himself through his comet jutsu...and the elite soldiers of the alliance have been thinned out.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 03:22   Link #13
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
So now we know why Kishi had the Alliance army move at a snail's pace. They'll arrive just in time to save Naruto and gang from getting destroyed.

The Jyuubi also needs to show off and since all of them outside of the rookies can die, what better group to arrive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss View Post
Kakashi could have made things a lot easier by just pulling out a kunai and stabbing Obito instead of punching him while on the other side.
And ruin Kishi's milking of the Obito story? At this point, I wouldn't have minded if Obito got gutted. He has become Kakashi's personal villain more than the story's main villain. Madara and the Jyuubi are far bigger threats and have eclipsed him as villain.

But his plot needs resolving. And it won't end without a lot of angst, tears, and likely change of heart. Bet you anything the smart people in the Alliance(Nara) come up with a plan to defeat the Jyuubi and it requires someone to sacrifice themselves. Perfect role for a villain wanting to make good.

Last edited by Ulquiorra; 2012-11-14 at 03:43.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 04:09   Link #14
Ero-Senn1n

Obito's dimensional jutsu still doesn't make sense, and neither does how he uses it. At least he should teleport people to another place in his empty dimension, not where his body parts appear. Why didn't Danzou's two guys punch him when he teleported them away? If it was the small bugs guy he could have infested his teleported body parts by simply touching them. Also how can he teleport to other real world locations using his dimension if he can't even teleport to different places in his own dimension.

The problem with this chapter was that Madara didn't do anything despite 2 chapters ago he stated that he will capture the 9 tails. Sure Gai saved Naruto from the chakra-sucking-monster-dragon but after that Gai is unable to do anything, so why doesn't Madara do the same thing again and simply capture both demons. It doesn't make sense. Naruto didn't get any powerups nor did he use any clever trick to fool Madara, i was expecting some ass kicking moves from both Madara and Naruto instead of Kakashi punching Obito's body parts lol

Madara's behaviour in this chapter makes sense if he changed his mind, and just wants to see the incomplete 10-tails kicking some ass before collapsing, because now that he is immortal and has all these powers he can just have fun in the real world, which means he betrayed Obito. I mean when Madara was not an Edo Tensei his plan made perfect sense, he would be the one to cast the eternal tsukiyomi, but maybe in his fight against the 5 kage he began to realize that he wants to have fun instead of ending the world in which he is now a supreme warlord that he always wanted to be. And if he gets bored he can still capture the last 2 demons and make a proper eternal tsukiyomi to end everything. His betrayal of Obito is needed in order for Obito to turn against him and probably before he dies he will admit to kakashi that he was wrong and then he gets some kind of happy end.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2012-11-14 at 04:25.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 05:42   Link #15
drulo

What Kurama did made me laugh

I think this war lost its point, this war was started because Obito wanted to get the Kyuubi and Hachibi, now that the tentails was revived with out their full chakra [which I thought they needed] then what was the purpose of this war? Maybe to gather all the ninjas for one concentrated attack? I dont know.

P.S. Madara was just chillin' on a rock
Old 2012-11-14, 05:59   Link #16
Rickketik

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
Are we seriously gonna let Kishi get away with the revival of the Jubi....without even capturing the 8 and 9 tails? I know it was mentioned previously that this was gonna happen but...meh...to me it feels like a cheap cop out. The whole purpose of the war was to protect the two Jinchuuriki from being captured to prevent the 9 tails capture. But it seems Tobi + Kabuto already had everything they needed to revive the Jubi without even going to war! Pointless war from a nose-diving manga...
On the positive side of things...atleast the ball is rolling plotwise. I wonder how team Alliance will deal with both Madara AND the Jubi? Madara has already shown that he is capable of solo'ing entire armies by himself through his comet jutsu...and the elite soldiers of the alliance have been thinned out.

On top of that, I can NOT follow the fights anymore.. It's so damn confusing! The "art" is just overly detailed (too bussy) And the lay-out design is getting more ridiculous by the week. I just can not tell who is hitting who and the sequence of things.. Especially the fights involving the tailed beasts is an absolute disaster! It's like the fight scenes in the Transformers movies, except this is in manga form.. That makes it even worse.

Am I the only one?
Rickketik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 06:16   Link #17
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

A decent chapter finally.

Kakashi should have Raikiri'd Obito's ass in the other dimension.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 07:22   Link #18
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Kurama is being awesome here....
that combined Bijuu's bomb is cool as well

Jyuubi is nasty... not cool looking at all...
ten tails... wood body (or geido mazo's body)... with one big Sharingan eye...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 08:45   Link #19
Bombo
TSF Fans

Kurama you amazing "there ...go fight now "ROFL
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 09:11   Link #20
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by drulo View Post
What Kurama did made me laugh

I think this war lost its point, this war was started because Obito wanted to get the Kyuubi and Hachibi, now that the tentails was revived with out their full chakra [which I thought they needed] then what was the purpose of this war? Maybe to gather all the ninjas for one concentrated attack? I dont know.

P.S. Madara was just chillin' on a rock
Look at it this way, they can revive the Juu Bi without the 9-8 tails, but it would not be powerful enough for the eternal jutus, so they still need to capture the 8-9 tail still.

Make sense?
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion