Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-07, 20:00   Link #41
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Hm, Hisako kinda looks like Hinata from Naruto.
Beast looks like shit.
Yep I was surprised she looks alot like Hinata from Naruto.

Beast design reminded me of the X-men toy line.

http://legendscrazy.net/hasbro/figpi...8_beastaxm.jpg
Old 2011-03-07, 20:08   Link #42
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Or a certain Final Fantasy character
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 20:09   Link #43
GDB

That's "more mutated" Beast. He's more cat-like than ape-like now. It was stupid when they did it in the comics, and it's stupid now.

Also, is that Holocaust's arm?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 20:15   Link #44
roriconfan
Banned

Remember when he was not-mutated Beast in his early appearances?
Old 2011-03-07, 20:29   Link #45
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Or a certain Final Fantasy character
Haha! Good one there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
That's "more mutated" Beast. He's more cat-like than ape-like now. It was stupid when they did it in the comics, and it's stupid now.

Also, is that Holocaust's arm?
It's Japan. They'll go for the more cute Neko looking beast.

It's a Nemesis arm. It's one of the few rare BAF(build a figure series)
Old 2011-03-07, 20:44   Link #46
roriconfan
Banned

^ In that case they should have not-mutated Beast... with nekomimis.

Or something less bestial like this
Old 2011-03-07, 20:44   Link #47
GDB

Quote:
Or something less bestial like this
Make Beast... less bestial?
Old 2011-03-07, 21:05   Link #48
roriconfan
Banned

What is so strange about it? He already has 3 official mutation stages.

And this page needs less blue XD.

But you know what? They have the later generation of X-Men and Jeanne is dead but Wolverine still has his Adamantium. Shouldn't he be without it after that Magneto fuss?

Last edited by roriconfan; 2011-03-08 at 08:03.
Old 2011-03-08, 09:13   Link #49
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The Marvel Anime shows are in their own universe. They are not based on the comic universe. Just like how the movies have their own universe.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 17:56   Link #50
GDB

Quote:
But you know what? They have the later generation of X-Men and Jeanne is dead but Wolverine still has his Adamantium. Shouldn't he be without it after that Magneto fuss?
He became Death for Apocalypse at one point, which rebonded the adamantium to his bones. Everything between those two points, inclusively, was then forgotten forever.
Old 2011-04-01, 14:51   Link #51
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I'm..... kinda.... speechless.

Where do I start? This is not only not a bad first episode, but it's probably one of the stronger first episodes I've seen from most series this year.

There are several things which are pretty outstanding about this X-Men anime.

First and foremost, the backgrounds are gorgeous. The art director was definitely given time and resources to really design the various sets and locations. It's pretty much OVA quality backgrounds all over the place. Detailed and attractive.

Next is the animation. Now this isn't like, the most amazing animation ever or something, but it's good stuff. You can tell that the animators really bothered with each frame to detail the characters and really flesh out the art. This is something completely absent from Iron Man and Wolverine. There are details on the faces and clothing, subtle movements in the air and as they move, detailed shading and shadows to create a sense of depth, etc. In other words, it looks like a real anime, like you would expect a normal action anime with a reasonable budget to look.

Then there's the actual directing. It's interesting to see that after two duds, we're finally looking at a Marvel Anime episode which feels like it's actually being directed with a vision and purpose instead of being thrown together. The episode opens with the climax of their version of the Dark Phoenix storyline, with the death of Jean Grey. It's an action packed sequence which shows off a good sense of dynamic action and exciting flow.

Then after the opening, it continues a year later, with the main members of the X-Men split up doing their own things, until they are summoned together by Professor X. There's a real sense of the show building up the various characters properly, showing off their talents and powers, as well as their personalities and interests. There is also proper foreshadowing and well, let's just say, competent narrative plotting.

It's really weird to be saying all this, because a lot of this is what you would expect from any decent television show to begin with, but after Iron Man and Wolverine, it's so odd to actually see them bother to try and do at least ONE series properly. This is definitely a case of having super low expectations based on the last two shows, and being surprised by something which is actually....... normal and slightly above average.

Shocking.
Old 2011-04-01, 15:22   Link #52
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Has Marvel discovered their co-production with Madhouse that these anime projects haven't resonated too well with Japanese audiences?
That's too bad. At this point, I'm only going through the Iron Man series, and enjoying it.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 21:02   Link #53
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

X-Men has be dramatized a lot more, especially with Wolverine he talks way to much and way to friendly compared to Marvel's
AND NO GAMBIT

Beast looks kinda like Guin

Last edited by King Lycan; 2011-04-01 at 21:19.
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 11:30   Link #54
duckroll
綺羅星★!

It's really too bad this Wolverine didn't get his own anime series, because I really like the design and animation.

Old 2011-04-02, 16:10   Link #55
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Don't mind me, just remixing the Anime OP with the original cartoon OP theme

Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 23:13   Link #56
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I've been hearing some complaints elsewhere that the normal humans aren't hostile enough towards mutants in this show.

But what do they expect? Racism didn't disappear by any means since the days when X-men was first created, but it is certainly no longer true that you would get shot dead on the streets just because the colour of your skin.

Modern racism is all about exploitation, paying lip service to equality, blocking social freedoms by proxy, salary and career discrimination and general condescending attitudes that are just barely legal. The whole "mobs beating people to death in broad daylight and burning houses down" is just not in fashion any more.

Social values have moved on, even for racism. Now it's all about doing things by the book.
Old 2011-04-02, 23:33   Link #57
Setonai

Logan looks so different from the wolverine series, so bulky n what not. I actually liked his slimmer version
Setonai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 00:11   Link #58
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I've been hearing some complaints elsewhere that the normal humans aren't hostile enough towards mutants in this show.

But what do they expect? Racism didn't disappear by any means since the days when X-men was first created, but it is certainly no longer true that you would get shot dead on the streets just because the colour of your skin.

Modern racism is all about exploitation, paying lip service to equality, blocking social freedoms by proxy, salary and career discrimination and general condescending attitudes that are just barely legal. The whole "mobs beating people to death in broad daylight and burning houses down" is just not in fashion any more.

Social values have moved on, even for racism. Now it's all about doing things by the book.
True but letting a big blue hairy dude teach a college lecture seemed off.

I loved the humor that was in this episode. The Squid teaching the lecture in Beast's stead and the look on that TSA worker when Logan pulled out his claws both made me chuckel
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 00:45   Link #59
winkel

Oh hey, it's Armor. About time she got star billing (but of course, it's an anime, they had to use her).

Storm is hot.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 02:04   Link #60
delirium
Banned

What's up with the difference in quality of Wolverine from his own anime series and the X-Men series? The former sucks, to put it as nicely as I can. The latter is awesome and accurately portrays Wolverine. There's just no excuse for the former, is there? Madhouse animated them both, so what's the deal with it? You know what? Please don't respond to that. I just want to forget the Wolverine series ever existed.

The first episode of this series was awesome. No complaints on the appearance of Beast. I've been reading the comics for awhile now, so I'm more accustomed to it than most of you. Not a big deal anymore! Wolverine was portrayed excellently. Jean Grey died in the first episode, got the series off to an excellent start. Armor is in the series? Expected it from the beginning, but I was happy when she appeared. Ororo is looking awesome. Scott Scummers is Scott Summers, and I loved how he shot Wolverine with an optic blast. I totally expected for that to occur. I was telling my little brother to wait for it to happen, and I giggled like an idiot as a result when that was exactly what happened.

On a side note: I felt that they passed up a golden opportunity to set the mood of the series. The X-Men have always been socially ostracized. They've gotten acceptance here and there, but it was nothing like what Ororo received on the cruise ship. They should have called her a freak and reacted negatively to her presence. I know that it sounds bad, but could you see how awesome that would have been? She flies off after that, upset, and then receives the call from Xavier. That's what I would have liked at the very least. I get that the story is not focusing on the trials and tribulations the X-Men are put through by the people they try to help, but instead on the Hellfire Club, yet that's not to say they need to be praised in the way Ororo was.

At an rate, I hope they continue the series for several seasons. It could end up being awesome. I also have to wonder what was with the Iron Man & Wolverine series. Do you think they made them as bad as they did to make the X-Men & Blade series awesome in comparison? I simply do not know!
delirium is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madhouse, x-men