AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 42 47.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 28.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 15.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.68%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.14%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-15, 13:08   Link #121
Manwards
Cunning Linguist

Send a message via MSN to Manwards
As a few people said on the last page, I also thought it was funny that the gang were so impressed by Cristina playing a few notes on the guitar, considering most of HTT's songs contain much more complex riffs. I've only been playing for a couple of months, and I'm doing more complicated stuff than that. Nowhere near as impressive as Sawako's speed solo at the wedding...

"LOVE", was it? Now, if only the second song on her character CD was a cover of "Love?" by Strapping Young Lad...
Old 2010-06-16, 02:45   Link #122
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Taking my queue from panzerfan:

Glam Metal never dies!
Glam Metal? Death Devil is straight forward thrash metal! Do your research!

power metal chords? you mean power metal scales? Power metal just uses barre/power chords like any other metal genre. The only difference is in the choruses they actually use minor/major chords.

Also the visual style is not glam rock, well maybe WASP but I mean really. It's probably just early X-Japan era visual kei inspired.
Old 2010-06-18, 15:53   Link #123
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You have to remember the musical timeline in Japan doesn't exactly map to the US timeline for rock, metal, glam, etc. I still get a bit confused with the music I hear out of some of the visual kei bands (looks nasty, sounds sugary).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwards View Post
As a few people said on the last page, I also thought it was funny that the gang were so impressed by Cristina playing a few notes on the guitar, considering most of HTT's songs contain much more complex riffs. I've only been playing for a couple of months, and I'm doing more complicated stuff than that. Nowhere near as impressive as Sawako's speed solo at the wedding...

"LOVE", was it? Now, if only the second song on her character CD was a cover of "Love?" by Strapping Young Lad...
I think it was the *way* she played and held herself -- it was just very mature to someone like Yui (or the others). There seems to be a real deep theme of "growing up and the changes to come" in this season.

EDIT: Did anyone else have problems with the Chihiro release of this episode? I got all kinds of stuttering in the video and audio. Not sure whether this is an early warning sign for the biannual hardware upgrade or if its just an awkward encode.

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-06-21 at 16:50.
Closed Thread