AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sora Kake

Notices

Old 2009-03-03, 17:59   Link #1
4Tran

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Sora Kake anime, light novel or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Sora Kake which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 06:57   Link #2
Molenir

So how is it a show like this has its own sub forum, but one like Minami-ke doesn't? Not complaining, just curious. Just seems weird. Especially considering the 63 pages of posts in the Okaeri section, and the multiple series.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 07:22   Link #3
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yes, actually I was quite surprised as well, we were even told not to hope for a sub forum so much.

The only thing I can say is to thank the mods lol

This show really has lots of potential though. First being Sunrise, next having the possibly to run a second season. Then there's a whole lot of music and merchandise to talk about.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 07:31   Link #4
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

They saw the potential in this show?

Oh well, thing just happens where you least expected it in your life, so here it is .
Old 2009-03-04, 07:42   Link #5
Sixth
Hu Tao

Because Lelouch geass'ed the mod...with his manly voice.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 09:28   Link #6
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
So how is it a show like this has its own sub forum, but one like Minami-ke doesn't? Not complaining, just curious. Just seems weird. Especially considering the 63 pages of posts in the Okaeri section, and the multiple series.
There really isn't much to talk about future-wise in Minami-ke. It's like, there's no real point in discussing predictions for the following week's episode, since it could have anything at all happen. And I mean, Minami-ke certainly isn't at the level of Lucky Star in terms of popularity.

That's my guess as to why.

Glad there's a subforum for this.
Old 2009-03-04, 11:05   Link #7
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Special thanks to all of us posting so hard on the thread before. And I think it is not that the show has potential, it is because of......

Spoiler for this:

Besides I think this would be a good place to post all the replies from the Ask my waifu section on the main website.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 11:11   Link #8
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Besides I think this would be a good place to post all the replies from the Ask my waifu section on the main website.
I would like to remind everyone of the purpose of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
If someone has such a question about Sora Kake which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.
Any more off-topic posts will be deleted. We've yet to actually have an actual question.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 11:13   Link #9
Fishfood1

might as well ask this before other ask it anyways:

Spoiler for question:
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 11:16   Link #10
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
might as well ask this before other ask it anyways:

Spoiler for question:
What, you mean beyond...

QT (Que-Tee) = Cutie
ex-QT = Extra Cute

And again, I'm not sure if this can be answered by facts from the show, the Speculation thread might be a better place to discuss the meaning.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 11:17   Link #11
Fishfood1

like what are they exactly, not just acrynomes
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 11:17   Link #12
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

^lol, but I have a big plate of copypasta here from my posts in the general thread:

The series works around QT, which actually we never got to know what it means. But basically its solely based on punning acronyms, QT is 'Cutie'. Its like telling you those girls are cuties lol, everything then works around 'QT' to continue the pun on always serious acronyms and abbreviations.

Q-TECTOR = Quantum Transducing Environment Crosslink Terrain Operational Reinforcer

QT-ARMS = Quantum Technology Advanced Reinforced Maneuvering Shroud.

From these 2 amazing acronyms, we know that QT is something to do with Quantum technology.

The human brain works on a Quantum level, brainwaves and all are working at the Quantum scale. In the future, humans may evolve their brains to have much stronger brainwaves and become QTs and EX-QTs.

EX-QT means Extra-QT. In Japanese, when some english word is given Extra or Over, like Extra-technology, Over-technology, it means super-technology. Extra-QT means super QT.

A QT like Akiha and Itsuki, can operate QT-ARMS. QT-ARMS movement by the QT's Quantum Brainwaves, your thoughts operate the machine. But to further enhance the control and efficiency, they put on the pilot suit, Q-TECTOR. The Q-TECTOR completely links the pilot to the QT-ARMS and gives her special gadgets and capabilities like quantumly affecting the electromagnetic spectrum to put on a disguise or become invisible etc.

The good thing about Quantum is that both humans and machines can work on his medium. So they can give machines like Leopard, Nerval and Mr Blackbelt the ability to interact at the Quantum level. Mr Blackbelt could negate the EX-QT powers of Honoka. Leopard could strip Q-TECTORS because the Q-TECTORS are basically attached on to them by some Quantum means, think mahou shoujo and quantum magic creates the Q-TECTORS.

EX-QTs all have a certain ability, Honoka and her gravity control, Episode 4's boxman creating shockwaves and Aleida gathering Tachyon particles to form the Tachyon Sword. They are also super human in physique, the school council included.

Old 2009-03-04, 13:33   Link #13
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
*snip*
Does the website explain any further what Itsuki meant when she mentioned herself being on the "flat" QT level back in episode 4 or whatever? Like, is it just Flat QT, then Ex-QT, or are there more levels of power/ability to it?
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 13:53   Link #14
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Flat is the most basic level of QT that you have. I believe it is what ordinary humans are. Anything more than that should be Ex- level. Since Extra-ordinary human is self-explanatory.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 14:09   Link #15
Kristen
*Author

Is there any official confirmation that this show is just 13 episodes? It feels like it could carry on another season...
Old 2009-03-04, 14:18   Link #16
Midonin
Last Engage

Considering it already has a second OP and ED lined up, as well as several plot threads waiting just beneath the surface, there is no way it's running for 13 episodes.

It seemed like 24~26 episode show from the beginning.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 14:27   Link #17
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I would say that it is splitted into 2 seasons of 20+ episodes each like G00 and Clannad. Giving a whole run of 50+ episodes may just fry the brains of the Sunrise staff.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 14:54   Link #18
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
Does the website explain any further what Itsuki meant when she mentioned herself being on the "flat" QT level back in episode 4 or whatever? Like, is it just Flat QT, then Ex-QT, or are there more levels of power/ability to it?
Just a little:

An Ex-QT is a QT who's higher than the 'Flat Level, Level 3'. Akiha and Itsuki are Level 3 QT. This comes from Aleida's info.

Most likely level 1 and 2 are where Min and Buu are at, or maybe they're also level 3, maybe normal people for level 1.

Old 2009-03-04, 15:36   Link #19
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Wait, before I start watching it, can anyone give me a general synopsis of the storyline? The wiki article is really awful, and doesn't give any kind of plot summary whatsoever, which is kind of unusual.

I'm interested since I haven't heard of it before, but it's obviously good enough to get its own subforum.
Old 2009-03-04, 16:29   Link #20
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Wait, before I start watching it, can anyone give me a general synopsis of the storyline? The wiki article is really awful, and doesn't give any kind of plot summary whatsoever, which is kind of unusual.

I'm interested since I haven't heard of it before, but it's obviously good enough to get its own subforum.
Orbital Era 311, a time where humans have left the planet to let it recover from the damages humans have done to it and moved into colonies orbiting around the planet.

People enjoy a life of high technology and the vacuum of space is just a daily path to your school.

Humans have created a race of 'Navi people' basically little navigational robots to help them in their daily transport needs and humans themselves seem to have developed special senses or abilities called 'QT', which allows them to tape into Quantum related abilities and control 'QT-ARMS' just by their mind alone.

One day Akiha and her best friend Imo-chan, a navi were out in space when a colony warped out infront of them. Her boring life will start to change from then on as she slowly finds out why she's the 'Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo', The Girl Who Leapt Through Space.

EDIT: The show is mainly targeted at mecha fans, especially Sunrise mecha and has lots of puns and parodies of their own series. Its a wild entertaining ride of a whole lot of wacky stuff. It also has really pleasant and tasteful fanservice and nothing crude. A whole cast of colourful characters that anyone would definitely find some that they really like.

Tags
q&a