Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-02, 15:26   Link #321
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
You also forgot to add MMOs to PC gaming. I just don't ever see that working on a console until they add keyboard and mouse support.
Current consoles all support a keyboard, and a controller should be sufficient. This has already been proven to work.
Old 2011-11-02, 16:39   Link #322
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Any link for that leaked footage?
If I find some I will, but nearly all was removed of it or when reuploaded is pulled off after about 10 minutes.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 16:42   Link #323
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Current consoles all support a keyboard, and a controller should be sufficient. This has already been proven to work.
And yet... they aren't sold that way. I've tried MMOs on a console without a keyboard... fail.
Old 2011-11-02, 16:47   Link #324
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
And yet... they aren't sold that way. I've tried MMOs on a console without a keyboard... fail.
And yet, the market is filled with many console games that come pre-packed with or required to have strange and expensive peripherals.

Somehow, cheap and simple keyboard and mouse are considered evil for console, yet people are buying plastic guitars and expensive Move and Kinect.
Old 2011-11-02, 17:09   Link #325
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
And yet, the market is filled with many console games that come pre-packed with or required to have strange and expensive peripherals.

Somehow, cheap and simple keyboard and mouse are considered evil for console, yet people are buying plastic guitars and expensive Move and Kinect.
Actually people are complain about things like keyboard+mouse, kinect, wii-remote, and ps-move on console because they are too precise. Most people are happy with headset+mic and gamepad controller with auto-aim, yeah they call it aim-assist but we all know what it really is, aimbots ^^.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 17:22   Link #326
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I can't wait for skyrim to come out.. so the thread will be filled again with actual Skyrim talk.
Old 2011-11-02, 17:30   Link #327
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I can't wait for skyrim to come out.. so the thread will be filled again with actual Skyrim talk.
Gotta wait 9 days
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 17:54   Link #328
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
I can't wait for skyrim to come out for the most obvious reason... I wanna play! ;0;
Old 2011-11-02, 18:42   Link #329
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
I think the only time I will actually talk will be in the morning when I am running around to get to the train on time. Other than that I would be too busy full screenan.
Old 2011-11-02, 19:17   Link #330
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Gotta wait 9 days
Bug, glitches, and overheating! Oh yay!

Despite the many game issues it'll suffer from I'm hoping it'll be a worthwhile game. Otherwise I don't see Bethesda managing that well otherwise. And, if it doesn't suffer from bugs than you can only imagine the praise its getting. Albeit only a pessimist would really consider that impossible since both Fallout 3 and New Vegas were on a clunky and obsolete game engine.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 19:28   Link #331
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
Bug, glitches, and overheating! Oh yay!

Despite the many game issues it'll suffer from I'm hoping it'll be a worthwhile game. Otherwise I don't see Bethesda managing that well otherwise. And, if it doesn't suffer from bugs than you can only imagine the praise its getting. Albeit only a pessimist would really consider that impossible since both Fallout 3 and New Vegas were on a clunky and obsolete game engine.
There will be bugs. But then so had Oblivion, Morrowind and Daggerfall. TES fans have learned to deal with it over the years. A price of open-world.
Old 2011-11-02, 20:35   Link #332
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
edit;

I just had to add this, I just had to because this news to me is the best news I've heard so far today.

Spoiler for for previously denied subject in game:
As I've recalled, they didn't deny the existence of Werewolves, they just never confirmed anything

But there were like enough hint--nudge-winks being thrown left and right

Mah, in any case I don't intend to become Vampire nor Werewolf, but they would provide some very interesting quests I would imagine
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 20:49   Link #333
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I am more interested in necromancy. It seems there is no official ban of it in Skyrim. Which made sense, as the entire soulstone mechanic had always been a little morally grey.
Old 2011-11-02, 22:17   Link #334
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
There will be bugs. But then so had Oblivion, Morrowind and Daggerfall. TES fans have learned to deal with it over the years. A price of open-world.
Let me rephrase that so it sounds less dickish: They'll be bugs but I hope they're worth it this time around. And if they're still around I hope they're minescule.

Quote:
I am more interested in necromancy. It seems there is no official ban of it in Skyrim. Which made sense, as the entire soulstone mechanic had always been a little morally grey.
We've been wondering the same thing. I don't remember it ever being mentioned that Skyrim had a ban on any magick.

I'm also wondering about the population of Argonians and Khaajits in Skyrim. Not that many I'd think, since Elseweyr is in the exact opposite direction, below Cyrodil.

Im also interested in the black brotherhood. Ah, that was fun times. I love being an evil bastard in videogames and getting only short of a physical license to be one was too good to pass up.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 02:23   Link #335
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
Let me rephrase that so it sounds less dickish: They'll be bugs but I hope they're worth it this time around. And if they're still around I hope they're minescule.
No matter how buggy it is it still wouldn't be as bad as Daggerfall when it was first released. I am pretty sure in its initial form it was actually impossible to finish the main quest.

And yet, Daggerfall was worth it.

TES games had always been worth playing despite the flaws. Mostly because we haven't got any alternatives out there, really.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2011-11-03 at 02:38.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 02:48   Link #336
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Any idea on what classes and role you guys will be playing?
On my first I am either going for Nord or Imperial shield and sword good guy.
Already planned out for my 2nd and 3rd that I will be a lawfully evil thief and a mage lastly
Old 2011-11-03, 03:08   Link #337
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Already planned out for my 2nd and 3rd that I will be a lawfully evil thief and a mage lastly
My goal is to kill from long range the entire game without being seen.
Old 2011-11-03, 03:16   Link #338
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Dilemma after dilemma for me

After watching 300 I have a new found respect/interest in Shield Swordplay, but before that I had a thing for Dual wielding as well as sword-magic I suppose I'll figure out what works best for me as I play along, eventually there would be a pattern.

As for race, I've decided on a Breton but I hope I don't miss out too much because this feels like a Nord story, being set in their Homeland and all...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 06:22   Link #339
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
I haven't been following the info on Skyrim too much par the pictures and some gameplay.. How's the story in this? When I was looking to buy the Skyrim the shop preview said something about slaying the dragons as you're the only one capable of doing this..

So what, we have this very old and used cliche setting where you're saving the world cause no one else can? How is this going to go well if you make an evil character that kills everything in his path? Why would I want to save the world if I wanted to kill everyone?

So yeah, with that said, I'll be making two characters.. Or one, not sure if I can have the skills I want in one character. I like sneaking around and killing people in secret so an assassin type of character is nice. However I also love magic and hope it's actually destructive and worth of using in Skyrim.. So yeah, an assassin and mage, or '' mage assassin '' lmao.
Old 2011-11-03, 07:29   Link #340
Aqua Knight

I will make a sneaky archer assassin too.
btw how will you name your character?

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim