AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-12, 12:29   Link #321
Midonin
Last Engage

Kind of on the fence about discussing this on a weekly basis (not watching, discussing), but the setup of the club and the quasi-Haganai vibes I'm getting from Chiwa and Masazu's banter was pretty entertaining. The visuals of the ending, like those of the opening, are really pretty to look at.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 13:28   Link #322
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Don't know much about this series yet. But apparently the source is so popular that 13 Chinese fansub groups jumped on the first episode. (Yes, you read it correct, 13 of them True Shuraba of fansubbers). I'll see what the rest of the episodes brings.
Reminds me how 14 russian fansub groups worked on HoTD

Second ep was good. LOLed at all that trolling and JoJo references(I heard that Masuzu refered to JoJo a lot in the novels: is it right?)
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 14:51   Link #323
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Huh, it's rather surprising to me that so many people here think that the ending is obviously going to be Masuzu and Kidou. Is this based on some sort of manga knowledge?
Well, obviously at first glance Chiwa has a huge lead start thanks to her history with Eita and how he always thinks on what she wants and needs (as far as he can see).

But we shouldn't forget that right now, Eita & Masuzu have apparently the same type of injuries. That usually means a lot when it comes to romance stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
On a random note, I was baffled to see the protagonist study using mini-cards on his way to school. Surely Japanese these days use their smartphone just like we. Japan was actually earlier with smartphones than the west.
Does he even have a phone? He struck me as the type that wouldn't ask for anything ostentatious from his guardian. Then again, I think that the true reason is that he can pull out the mini-cards in class, he wouldn't be able to do so with his phone and keep a decent student appearance.
Old 2013-01-12, 15:13   Link #324
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Ugh... this is even more painful then the manga. This is when I dropped the manga too. Just couldn't get over how cruel Masuzu is.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 15:56   Link #325
HandofFate

Not a fan of Masuru. She just seems so selfish and cruel right now.

The childhood friend was kind of annoying in the first episode. But the history of her history in sports was a good character development point and I enjoyed learning that about her.

Even though Masuru is 100% in playing mood right now. Probably Eita's kindness will get to her somehow and she will start to fall for him for real. Rooting for the childhood friend, even though it looks like she's just gonna be the sacrificial childhood friend role
Old 2013-01-12, 16:41   Link #326
Itlandm
Porcupine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Does he even have a phone? He struck me as the type that wouldn't ask for anything ostentatious from his guardian. Then again, I think that the true reason is that he can pull out the mini-cards in class, he wouldn't be able to do so with his phone and keep a decent student appearance.
I guess the last part explains it. I noticed that his room has a small fortune worth of books, so I think expense is not a critical problem if it is for his studies. Electronic flash card programs are amazing, but of course it would be impossible to see whether he was studying or just playing games, so it would probably not be acceptable in school or in a social setting.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 17:36   Link #327
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Started watching this because I was told the heroine is a Jojo fan, and that's likely what is going to make me stay too. That and Masuzu's trolling. Even if what she does is a bit cruel, I can't help but be entertained by her antics. Yukarin's voice is also an important factor.
Old 2013-01-12, 17:37   Link #328
sky black swordman

Great episode, things are getting interesting.

I'm fully aware of Masuzu thoughts and feelings on the subject of love, but IMO think she is genuinely irritated or possibly jealous by way Eita speaks about Chiwa and what kind of person she is.

Also Eita, you shouldn't slam your head on table like that. You're thowing your IQ points.
Old 2013-01-12, 23:12   Link #329
larethian

自演乙 (Ji-En-Otsu)

Masuzu using Eita's Chuuni note to offer advice on romance and other pearls of wisdom always get me

Spoiler for about ji-en-otsu, not a comparison to novel, but an insight to the cultural significance of a term that cannot be captured in any subs:

Last edited by larethian; 2013-01-13 at 07:38.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 23:16   Link #330
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Masuzu got another pose of Jojo again...
And she really mention Jojo on this episode...

And instead of learning Band's name, Chiwa learning Stand's name...
OMG, is the author of this novel big fan of Jojo??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 05:37   Link #331
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Hmm, I noticed that the OP song's title "Girlish Lover" could also be some kind of wordplay on "girly shuraba". Well played by whoever thought of the song title.

As a Chiwa supporter, that scene was a bit painful to watch. Even when I was reading the manga adaptation of the novels, I thought that was a rather sadistic prank Masuzu pulled on her. But the plan strategically backfired on Masuzu if she expected to knock her out of the running with just that. No, Chiwa's plucky persistence is one of the things I quite like about her.

I'm not so happy about the (apparent) huge disadvantage Chiwa has against Masuzu as a mere childhood friend vs a (secretly fake) girlfriend. Though it may not be really that big of a disadvantage considering the special attention Eita gives her. Evidently, from that scene in the clubroom where he asked her to be more careful, and when he was explaining to Masuzu why he still bothers with her. She's also got that underdog charm bonus too.
Old 2013-01-13, 06:59   Link #332
Kakkou
Tch.

As I expected, Chiwa started getting on my nerves at the start of episode 2 but thankfully I slowly warmed up to her ever so slightly by the end. That said, I'm still firmly in the Masuzu camp. Her pranks are quite mean and blackmailing Eita is not cool but she's amusing to watch!

Plus she's a JoJo fangirl! None of the other girls can ever top that JoJo fangirl aspect. Eita could be a fanboy too considering the passage she read from his diary.. Hope they both get into doing a JoJo reference together. 83
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 07:31   Link #333
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

How can you hate JoJo fangirl?

Btw lol I'm just watching this because all my friend yelling that to me.
Old 2013-01-13, 07:46   Link #334
Itlandm
Porcupine

Episode 2 gave me even more sympathy for the male protagonist, a little for his childhood friend, and even less for his self-declared girlfriend. By now the only thing that can redeem her is brain surgery or exorcism, in my opinion. She is rapidly turning into a cardboard villain. If they want to make her interesting, they don't have much more time.

Bonus points to Chiwa for not taking the bait to show her bear panties.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 09:58   Link #335
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.2

give more to tell on it give masuzu being bit sneaker yet chiwa being jumping in that all really yea chiwa very determine.

so masuzu idea make a club oh mention note stuff give eita a bit freak out yet give chiwa a guitar case which chiwa spin the case around.

yet masuzu wonder how chiwa still keep all determine give eita said before chiwa used to want get in kendo til injury happen to her but yet she find something else in to keep chiwa all determine.

& hearing it masuzu wonder how til eita fall for masuzu?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 11:32   Link #336
Xaturas

How many eps is it anyway, 12 as I presume.
Seems to be following manga point by point. So I don't think we will get much of the 2 other girls.
Old 2013-01-13, 12:03   Link #337
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Interesting episode but how long can the charade go on? Just like Chiwa with the guitar case the "relationship" can only be faked so long.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-01-13, 12:54   Link #338
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Reminds me how 14 russian fansub groups worked on HoTD

Second ep was good. LOLed at all that trolling and JoJo references(I heard that Masuzu refered to JoJo a lot in the novels: is it right?)
Yep, all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
Interesting episode but how long can the charade go on? Just like Chiwa with the guitar case the "relationship" can only be faked so long.

Spoiler:
think of it as a chunbiyou thing he used to do.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 12:59   Link #339
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Spoiler for about ji-en-otsu, not a comparison to novel, but an insight to the cultural significance of a term that cannot be captured in any subs:
So, it's similar to "samefag," but with a context of pretending?
Old 2013-01-13, 13:22   Link #340
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
think of it as a chunbiyou thing he used to do.
I don't know if its only Japanese sick minds or something.
But I don't remebmer ANY kids in my country going retard mode like that.
Thinking you are super hero or something. All we did was play around as kids mimicking super hero moves or talking about stuff like power rangers or dragon ball.
But no way in hell did anyone go retard super powers super crazy super being.

That's why it seems stupid at best for me to have any kind of chunibyou. But well *Japan ...*. Sad thing is that probably most if not all activities will be around the notebook and playing on MC trauma ...
If it was me I would just say "to hell with you" and leave the club, its not like he wrote his name everywhere or something, it just recollection of retarded kid super power trip. But we can't have that or there would be no story/harem. I just really wish he was more like Kyon from Haruhi than a random push over that he seems to be.

Tags
comedy, coming of age, harem, romance, school life, shounen