AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-12-05, 16:39   Link #7081
Asuras
Dictadere~!

High school romance would be worth it, if it were. That's why I'm alone.
Old 2010-12-05, 17:16   Link #7082
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
High school romance would be worth it, if it were. That's why I'm alone.
Speaking from experience, High school romance is one of the best types of romance there is.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 17:17   Link #7083
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Because it totally lasts.
Old 2010-12-05, 18:17   Link #7084
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Because it totally lasts.
That's a very negative outlook on it.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 18:26   Link #7085
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

@Asuras: High School romance is, like every other kind of romance, only what people make of it. Sure, both finding and being yourself a person with enough self-awareness and flexibility to make a romance work isn't terribly likely in High School, but then you're already searching for something pretty unlikely when you go looking for a worthwhile romance to begin with...so why not try your hand at it in High School if there's someone you'd like to date?
Old 2010-12-05, 18:43   Link #7086
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I'd love to give it a shot.

I'm too busy to even do much with her anyways.
Old 2010-12-05, 18:45   Link #7087
Yorn_209

Baller! Best wishes to both of you.
Yorn_209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 18:49   Link #7088
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
I'd love to give it a shot.

I'm too busy to even do much with her anyways.
*Shrug* And that's a decision you'll have to make repeatedly. If you force yourself to try to maintain a relationship while your life's overall focus is wholly on something else, problems will emerge, no matter how into her you may be. That's not to say that having an active life and a healthy romance are incompatible, far from it. You just have to be willing to bear the extra stress of trying to make time for everything. Most people aren't willing or able to do so, because it's pretty darn hard. Most people I know who successfully juggle a very active life of their own and a committed relationship are the types who do far better when busy than when not.

Good of you to be thinking of this stuff at a young age.
Old 2010-12-05, 18:52   Link #7089
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I don't need any more stress than I have now. I definitely don't feel like I function better during harsh times, but it certainly motivates me to keep going.

I'd love to have a true lover. One that loves me for who I am and how I act, rather than for what I invite her to, or how often I text. Such a woman doesn't exist in my school. That's why I don't find it logical.
Old 2010-12-05, 19:02   Link #7090
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
I don't need any more stress than I have now. I definitely don't feel like a function better during harsh times, but it certainly motivates me to keep going.
Then the choice is clear, yes? Focus on your pursuits (presumably school) and see them through to their conclusion or until you feel you can balance everything better. Then you can think about dating.

Quote:
I'd love to have a true lover. One that loves me for who I am and how I act, rather than for what I invite her to, or how often I text. Such a woman doesn't exist in my school. That's why I don't find it logical.
That's the 'good end' most people are striving for. Such a person probably does exist near you...several, most likely, but neither you nor they will notice for various reasons. Some people are, like you, more focused on their own lives. Some people are scared of or unreceptive to love for whatever reason. Some people just plain don't end up meeting. I wouldn't chalk it all up to some absolute character statement so quickly.
Old 2010-12-05, 19:07   Link #7091
Asuras
Dictadere~!

One can never tell by looking into their eyes. Thus, one generalizes because of the duo unprovability (no one will ever date everyone) and provability (you can find one by chance) of their existence.

Damn, I'm confused by my own statement.

Nevermind.
Old 2010-12-05, 20:22   Link #7092
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
@Sumeragi, that's all true, that's why I mentioned the doctor. It's always better to get counseling before taking anything. You have to go to the doctor before anyway, right?
For every women one thing or the other is the best choice - or sometimes nothing at all. Body, sexual activity, finances .. it's different every time.

There are also risks and side effects as you said ... but personally I think the little pain trying out isn't much in comparison to the psycho terror that is pregnancy alarm. IF you are able to take something of course, which is the rule generally.
I'm just giving the view from my counsoling prespective.

Quote:
There are always exceptions, but you gotta try / get tested before knowing you are one. Also for reference: I was taking the pill long before I was sexual active.
I'm slightly confused: Are you bisexual?

Quote:
Why? Irregular period. And the roaring tiger became a purring kitty Also smoother skin as a bonus. I'm a weird exception, I HAVE to take the pill, I don't have another alternative personally. I'd rather take something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Girls can get smoother skin from the pill?

Hmmm. My girl's got plenty smooth skin as it is, but I wonder if I can sell this to her....
It depends on the girl. For some, there are those whose hormone levels are distruptive, leading to irregular periods and also problems on the skin. It seems zebra is this case, so the pill is helping her regulate her body so as to keep things calm. The soft skin is the "side effect" from the normalization of hormone levels.

Quote:
I just think it's important as a female to take care of it yourself. Unless you have no problems and no intercourse anyway. It's a personal choice but I always advice to be responsible and prepared.
I've always been opposed to the idea that birth control is "responsible". For me, responsible is being prepared to face the worst scenario, and not just "I don't want a child while enjoying premartial sex, so I'll just do birth control!".

Mainly, the problem I see with sex education that teachs "birth control is responsible" is that it neglects abstinence and goes directly into birth control. Essentially, most programs focuses only on "prevention" and ignores the various social, health, and moral considerations of having sex in the first place.

In essence, I feel that by focusing on only birth control, most sex education programs in the US and Canada inevidently encourages irresponsible sex, as in sex which dismisses the various considerations on needs to have before going on with the act. Just thinking using birth control is being responsible is misleading. Only when we consider every part of sex can birth control be truly responsible.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 20:23   Link #7093
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
But wth, I'm back! Bye bye men hating phase
And with that statement uttered, all men suddenly ran for the hills as if their lives depended on it.

/flees
Old 2010-12-05, 20:28   Link #7094
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I've always been opposed to the idea that birth control is "responsible". For me, responsible is being prepared to face the worst scenario, and not just "I don't want a child while enjoying premarital sex, so I'll just do birth control!".

Mainly, the problem I see with sex education that teachs "birth control is responsible" is that it neglects abstinence and goes directly into birth control. Essentially, most programs focuses only on "prevention" and ignores the various social, health, and moral considerations of having sex in the first place.

In essence, I feel that by focusing on only birth control, most sex education programs in the US and Canada inevitably encourages irresponsible sex, as in sex which dismisses the various considerations on needs to have before going on with the act.
This is rapidly heading for "Sexuality Thread" territory...so if people want to continue that discussion, go ahead and post in that thread. Yes, I appreciate the overlap between the two, but still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
And with that statement uttered, all men suddenly ran for the hills as if their lives depended on it.

/flees
All men, and you?

I guess no one can be blamed for running...Zebras are known for being temperamental.
Old 2010-12-05, 20:31   Link #7095
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
This is rapidly heading for "Sexuality Thread" territory...so if people want to continue that discussion, go ahead and post in that thread. Yes, I appreciate the overlap between the two, but still.
There is such a thread?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 20:32   Link #7096
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
There is such a thread?
Yep, buried back a few pages. I can go dig up the link for it if you're interested.
Old 2010-12-05, 20:33   Link #7097
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

It is ancient and mystical. A dark place full of dark hearts. The Dating thread is the light!

Wait, no...
Old 2010-12-05, 22:23   Link #7098
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post

/flees
Not me!
Old 2010-12-05, 22:45   Link #7099
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
The next creepy pervert old enough to be my father that makes a lewd gesture, pops a tent in his pants or wolf-whistles at me and my girlfriend is totally going to get his balls crushed under my heel.
Since I'm younger than you, does that mean it's a-okay for me?

Quote:
It depends on the girl. For some, there are those whose hormone levels are distruptive, leading to irregular periods and also problems on the skin. It seems zebra is this case, so the pill is helping her regulate her body so as to keep things calm. The soft skin is the "side effect" from the normalization of hormone levels.
Hmmm, let's see. She has naturally smooth skin, and her periods are quite regular, so going by what you said.....guess that doesn't change anything after all. Too bad.

Quote:
I've always been opposed to the idea that birth control is "responsible". For me, responsible is being prepared to face the worst scenario, and not just "I don't want a child while enjoying premartial sex, so I'll just do birth control!".

What.

I forgot which study it was, and so can't dig up the reference for you at the moment, but just in the US alone, the States which preaches abstinence in their education systems tend to be the Bible Belt ones. Guess which States have the highest rate of teenage pregnancies.

Abstinence doesn't work with teenagers anymore, if it ever did. The best thing we can do for our next generation is further education and greater awareness, not asking them to do the impossible.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 22:47   Link #7100
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Abstinence doesn't work with teenagers anymore, if it ever did. The best thing we can do for our next generation is further education and greater awareness, not asking them to do the impossible.
It's been working great for me so far. I've got no complaints.

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom