AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

View Poll Results: sola - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 27 34.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 29.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 20.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 11.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.28%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.28%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-04, 11:53   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

sola - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for sola, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for raws.
  • Absolutely no spoilers for future events from the manga in the anime thread.
    If you need to reply to someone with a reference to the game or manga, then PM them. Any spoilers, even under the spoiler tags, that reveals future events will be deleted.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread.

Spoiler tags still can be used where one deems appropriate. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags as they are shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how how the Ojisan-tachi do it.
or
The macho way: By writing those l33t vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Old 2007-05-04, 12:29   Link #2
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

What i expect from this ep is for some not-so-pleasant events for our protagonists that will involve the hunter. Him taking notice of Yorito and the episode title seems to hint at that. Perhaps we will get to hear something about Aono's upcoming discharge as well. (Face it - she won't be sitting in the hospital for all the series ).

Overall, i think this ep will be more gloomy then the previous ones, and will focus on Matsuri and the mystery surrounding her (To some extent).

Can't wait for my weekly Sola dosage >.<
Old 2007-05-04, 20:05   Link #3
Dreaming of Kalissa
still dreaming...

Send a message via MSN to Dreaming of Kalissa
Well, I'm inclined to think that this ep will still be the calm before the storm, but this time focusing on Matsuri, Takeshi and Mayuko, seeing as how ep 4 ended. There's also a high likelihood that Aono will be discharged this ep, I think.
Old 2007-05-04, 20:31   Link #4
Omniscient

Episode 05 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-04, 22:12   Link #5
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Spoiler for Ep05 stuff:

Nyargh! Can't wait to watch to the RAW!

*paces about impatiently*

Old 2007-05-04, 22:15   Link #6
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Spoiler for Wow!:

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2007-05-04, 22:52   Link #7
Icerack

Aono doesn't get discharged in this ep, but I think it is inevitable that she will. Either that or she will sneak out of the hospital based on what happened at the end of this ep.
Old 2007-05-04, 23:13   Link #8
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Like two episodes in one. Both quite well done.
Spoiler for ep5:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-05-04, 23:23   Link #9
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

Definitely will get a 10 from me....though I haven't watch it yet.

muahahhaha.
Old 2007-05-04, 23:26   Link #10
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Wow looks like a good ep! Can't wait to see it.
Old 2007-05-05, 01:03   Link #11
wontaek

I can visualize scores of otakus swooning at the sight of the ponytail. I wonder what Kyon would have said about Matsuri's appearance. For some, I fear the combination of cute new dress, ponytail, and Mamiko may be too much to handle. Man, the animators are not holding anything back to raise Moe ratings. Many things happened, in a way we have already guessed. That's not a bad thing, for our guess was in line of what would be most likely development from the informations given to us. Still, one short shot of Aono in the end, just totally made me more concerned about what she will do, than anything else. And as we have already guessed from the dialogue from ep. 2, there is something very important Takeshi and Mayuko do not agree upon.
Old 2007-05-05, 01:29   Link #12
Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Still, one short shot of Aono in the end, just totally made me more concerned about what she will do, than anything else.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-05, 01:35   Link #13
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
Spoiler:
Who knows?
Old 2007-05-05, 01:38   Link #14
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
Spoiler:
That kinda makes me wonder...
Spoiler:

The one bad thing about a slow unravelling of the past...It just makes you want to know all about it all the more.
Old 2007-05-05, 02:09   Link #15
wontaek

Let's think basics. You have a 16 year old boy having a girl live in their house, without asking for approval to his only surviving family member. That doesn't sound good, and most people will be thinking something that is related to word "Ecchi!"
Old 2007-05-05, 02:32   Link #16
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

*sigh*
Spoiled myself and looked at the screenshots. First though - ZOMG, ponytail!!1
*cough*

That important thought aside, looks like a very eventful episode. And is it me, or does it look like Matsuri is walking outside, even though it is fairly bright ? Unless it is so cloudy that the sun doesn't get through.

About Aono ... she will either become much less than happy about Matsuri ("Stealing" Yorito away fro her and all that other Kaede related stuff). Or she might become friends with her - both of them certainly know the feeling of loneliness, and that is what brought Aono and Koyori together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek
Let's think basics. You have a 16 year old boy having a girl live in their house, without asking for approval to his only surviving family member. That doesn't sound good, and most people will be thinking something that is related to word "Ecchi!"
*shrug* nothing wrong with 16 year olds and "ecchi" related stuff. (even though that isn't the case here). And Yorito certainly doesn't need any one's approval to get himself a girlfriend
*goes to sulk in a corner while waiting for subs*
Old 2007-05-05, 02:40   Link #17
xat
*Fansubber

Spoiler:

Great episode this week. The art style seems to change slightly from episode to episode, but I suppose that's normal. I felt one of the songs didn't fit within my tastes; hardly impacts the experience though. Also, a small animation segment was drastically lower resolution than usual, but it's minor. On the story side, things are finally beginning to come together. It's very quickly presented but very well played out--it should be a welcome change from those who didn't like last episode.

@Skyfall: Yup. It's reiterated in this episode; so long as she isn't in direct sunlight, she's just fine.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-05, 02:42   Link #18
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Transcoding as I type this, but I spotted a few of the frames and I have one thing to say...
Spoiler:

(It was already said, but I'm didn't read spoilers.)

I have a feeling this is going to reduce me to a quivering bob of goo for the rest of the weekend. Curse you Sola! Why must you be so damned enjoyable!

Okay... That wasn't as difficult as I expected. Those first couple images had me worried. Still a big swing of the emotional pendulum. I'm having a hard time figuring out how I feel about Takeshi. Whether I should see him as the scared little boy from the flashback, or as the bitter, enraged man that comes later, or the patient, compassionate friend he is to Mayuko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
I can visualize scores of otakus swooning at the sight of the ponytail. I wonder what Kyon would have said about Matsuri's appearance. For some, I fear the combination of cute new dress, ponytail, and Mamiko may be too much to handle.
Yup. We need to notify the Japan Ponytail Society. Maybe we can get Noto Mamiko nominated for the 2007 Ponytail Award.

I wonder if that dress is one she got from Mana, though. It looks rather old-fashioned and may be something Matsuri already had. She looks lovely in it, in any case.

Only problem with this episode is there was only one scene with Mana. It's too bad, because that blouse is really cute.

Last edited by Telliamed; 2007-05-05 at 05:27. Reason: seen it, loved it, want some more
Old 2007-05-05, 04:25   Link #19
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
omg awesome ep!
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-05, 11:41   Link #20
lightbringer
M9000

Spoiler:
Closed Thread