AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-01, 08:32   Link #3461
tsunade666

I don't understand that element thing marcus. Aside from fire,water,wind and earth. Their could be void or lightning. But I would be picking. Imagine Breaker represents the void or emptiness.

Imagine Breaker might be a total mystery to all but some knew about it but they just keep their mouth shut about it. And it's also funny that they can erase anything but Fianmma's holy hand represents the power of arch angel Michael and as for the Imagine Breaker of Touma.... I wonder if touma would be having a third arm though I hate to imagine it. But if the 3rd arm would be using huge sword too.... nah. Leave it to punching. If it's an upgrade. He needs a gloves that has the properties connected to IB. So even if his wearing it. IB's ability are still present plus it protects his hands from additional damage and it looks more GAR.

The ideal form of Touma for me. Would be gold wings or blood wings plus precognition on a whole new level that he can foresaw even death......... too ubber strong. IB and higher level of precognition is alright.
Old 2010-07-01, 08:43   Link #3462
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The Classical Elements at the time of Ancient Greece are five: Earth, Fire, Water, Air and Aether. Most people can discern the first four elements, but only those given by the power of the gods can gain access to understand the nature of Aether.

The same idea goes here; normal people can only control the first four, but only someone who has been gifted by a much higher being can have the ability to control Aether.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-07-01, 09:02   Link #3463
tsunade666

From WIki

Quote:
Aether (mythology) originally was the personification of the "upper sky", space and heaven, in Greek mythology.

The term aether, æther or ether may also refer to one of the following:
Quote:
The word αἰθήρ (aithēr) in Homeric Greek means "pure, fresh air" or "clear sky", imagined in Greek mythology to be the pure essence where the gods lived and which they breathed, analogous to the air breathed by mortals (also personified as a deity, Aether, the son of Erebus and Nyx). It corresponds to the concept of आकाश (akasha) in Hindu philosophy and is linked to Brihaspati (or the planet Jupiter) and the center direction of the compass. It is related to αἴθω "to incinerate"[2], also intransitive "to burn, to shine" (related is the name Aithiopes (Ethiopians)), meaning "people with a burnt (black) visage
Quote:
Aristotle included aether in the system of the classical elements of Ionic philosophy as the "fifth element" (the quintessence), on the principle that the four terrestrial elements were subject to change and moved naturally in straight lines while no change had been observed in the celestial regions and the heavenly bodies moved in circles. In Aristotle's system aether had no qualities (was neither hot, cold, wet, or dry), was incapable of change (with the exception of change of place), and by its nature moved in circles.[
I'm not sure about this. But from the Novel. The Author tends to use the gods from Egyptians.
Old 2010-07-01, 09:22   Link #3464
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

I'm not sure about this. But from the Novel. The Author tends to use the gods from Egyptians.
Not exactly, he only use the Egyptian Gods because they were used in the Actual Book of the Law, but they weren't refered to directly.

As for the whole 5th element thingy, as I recall Anieze mentioned it in the vol 7 that her staff represent it or something, so maybe there might be something on that point...
Old 2010-07-01, 09:41   Link #3465
Ashaman

There has been mention of Christian, Aztec, Egyptian and a host of other Gods and religions. Hell, they even have Elves. Greek Gods and mythology wouldn't be out of place.
Old 2010-07-01, 09:54   Link #3466
tsunade666

No, I mean when they are referring the 3 top espers. They use the Egyptian gods or aeon. That's why I said the egyptians. Though they could also use other forms as long as it's related to the book of law of Crowley and Aiwass.

Touma should really be the bad guy and Accelerator should be the good guy. That poor albinerator is just too bad luck compare to someone that always say such bad luck. Though that may only apply to their current status. We don't know the past of Touma so we can't say for sure if his bad luck is only at that level. But I think that's not bad luck or rather I would love that kind of bad luck
Old 2010-07-01, 10:14   Link #3467
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
No, I mean when they are referring the 3 top espers. They use the Egyptian gods or aeon. That's why I said the egyptians. Though they could also use other forms as long as it's related to the book of law of Crowley and Aiwass.
The reason why Accelerator's Black Wings were refered as the 'Aeon of Osiris' was because that particular age is associated with death, darkness and generally bad stuff, which would explain why they manifest only when Accelerator enters one of his enrage moods.
Old 2010-07-01, 10:18   Link #3468
tsunade666

then what about Aiwass gold wings which represents the aeon of horus. Horus represents the present time. And the oldest aeon is isis which represents the fertility or birth of the mother earth which corresponds to kakine and his seraphic wings.

Still they use the gods which are somewhat related to telema and the book of law.

I wonder if after accelerator has passed this trial or rather after getting beaten by touma his black wings would turn gold like aiwass.
Old 2010-07-01, 10:48   Link #3469
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
then what about Aiwass gold wings which represents the aeon of horus. Horus represents the present time. And the oldest aeon is isis which represents the fertility or birth of the mother earth which corresponds to kakine and his seraphic wings.

Still they use the gods which are somewhat related to telema and the book of law.
The Aeon of Horus represent living for oneself, doing what one truely believe in. Also can be read as being freed from 'shackles' or 'bonds', sort of like how Accelerator was being restricted by his negative towards himself. Present time is also a good description, Accelerator was always so obessed with his past evil.

Quote:
I wonder if after accelerator has passed this trial or rather after getting beaten by touma his black wings would turn gold like aiwass.
I'm almost willing to bet on it.

...Well, maybe not gold, but his outlook on life might not be so bleak anymore.
Old 2010-07-01, 11:07   Link #3470
Miraluka
Banned

Well, it can be something related to the light. In the vol.13 Accelerator choose the way of the Darkness while Touma is on the way of light.
-Michael: Fire
-Gabriel: Water
-Uriel: Wind
-Raphael: Earth
-Lucifer: Light <---of course, before his rebellion against God.
-God: ??? <--- I'm not sure about this but something that represents God is related to the "Big Will"(something Touma has a lot).

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-07-01 at 11:37.
Old 2010-07-01, 13:03   Link #3471
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
hmmm..........................Light............... ........Touma.................................

I wouldn't be surprised if Touma after regaining his memories or rather his original memories. I just feel that his always loosing memories or maybe it's just my wild imagination. That Touma had lost memories again and again or at least he lost his memories from his childhood or when he entered the city or maybe an altered memory. Just thinking about it made me shiver

I want to see it

Touma shouting

LUCIFER!!!!

Then an Angel Decent
Old 2010-07-01, 14:39   Link #3472
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
hmmm..........................Light............... ........Touma.................................

I wouldn't be surprised if Touma after regaining his memories or rather his original memories. I just feel that his always loosing memories or maybe it's just my wild imagination. That Touma had lost memories again and again or at least he lost his memories from his childhood or when he entered the city or maybe an altered memory. Just thinking about it made me shiver

I want to see it

Touma shouting

LUCIFER!!!!

Then an Angel Decent
I have doubts about that more when Kanzaki understood Kamijou Touma as "One that cleanses God and exorcises the Devil".

I wonder how close was Lucifer to become The Person Higher Than God before getting defeated by Michael and 2/3(for me the number was the decisive factor of his defeat) of the Heaven's army.
Old 2010-07-01, 15:53   Link #3473
tsunade666

well aside from him arising to rebel again and showing up to mess around. I can't think of much. The next enemy after Fianmma would probably the angels or the artificial angel. That Aleister would launch or maybe Laura would do something again.

I really can't tell much but I just want to see Touma switch sides. He might be the one who cleanse god and exorcise devil but he can't cleanse something if his not opposing it. Or he can't even exorcise something that's not been shown yet. Plus if he beat up the god in toaruverse then his higher than god.
Old 2010-07-01, 16:00   Link #3474
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
well aside from him arising to rebel again and showing up to mess around. I can't think of much. The next enemy after Fianmma would probably the angels or the artificial angel. That Aleister would launch or maybe Laura would do something again.

I really can't tell much but I just want to see Touma switch sides. He might be the one who cleanse god and exorcise devil but he can't cleanse something if his not opposing it. Or he can't even exorcise something that's not been shown yet. Plus if he beat up the god in toaruverse then his higher than god.
Or God himself wants evolve through Touma in order to prevent any mess from humans like Fiamma or Aleister
Old 2010-07-01, 17:37   Link #3475
LastResolve

if the writter follow's the christian religion direcly then touma could be the holy spirit
and it would fit because it existed in other religions as well with a form of a bird it also had a different name
Old 2010-07-01, 18:54   Link #3476
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
if the writter follow's the christian religion direcly then touma could be the holy spirit
and it would fit because it existed in other religions as well with a form of a bird it also had a different name
This always my bet, there are sins against God that can be forgiven but a sin against the Holy Spirit, no, never.
Old 2010-07-02, 04:10   Link #3477
tsunade666

I don't understand..........
Old 2010-07-02, 10:10   Link #3478
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
I don't understand..........
What I mean is that Holy Spirit is higher than God.

Volume 19 prologue, suddenly blood.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-07-02 at 10:38.
Old 2010-07-02, 11:35   Link #3479
zero_nmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Well, it can be something related to the light. In the vol.13 Accelerator choose the way of the Darkness while Touma is on the way of light.
-Michael: Fire
-Gabriel: Water
-Uriel: Wind
-Raphael: Earth

-God: ??? <--- I'm not sure about this but something that represents God is related to the "Big Will"(something Touma has a lot).
No, 3 more

-Michael
-Gabriel
-Uriel
-Raphael
-Barachiel
-Jehudiel
-Saeltiel

The seven archangels and the seven creatures that can migrate from heaven to earth,of course, not counting common angels and guardian angels
Old 2010-07-02, 12:09   Link #3480
tsunade666

but what element does the other archangel represents? And role?

As for why is the holy spirit higher than god? isn't it the same?

Accelerator is being kind to girls... how sweet I'm a villain
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen