AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.34%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 108 34.39%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.43%
Infinity 84 26.75%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 184 58.60%
Northern Cross 150 47.77%
Anata no Oto 55 17.52%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.11%
Yousei 98 31.21%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.20%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.55%
Lion 165 52.55%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.46%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.61%
Neko Nikki 20 6.37%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.17%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 34.71%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.61%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.03%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 24.84%
Aimo OC 52 16.56%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-24, 00:14   Link #441
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
Of course not in the office!!! Not even I would do that, that's scary :P I meant for your close friends? Don't tell me you don't hold their hands? (And besides, those two characters are technically girly girls )
No unfortunately I don't have that luxury. And a majority of my pals are of the male species.

Here in the California I haven't really seen many close femalefriends hold hands unless they swing that way....not that it's a problem.
Or perhaps I haven't been too observant of female behavior these days

....I'm totally missing out.

Having been to Japan every year, I do notice this is typical behavior for close female friends though.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 03:28   Link #442
cerrian

You know...I'm kind of surprised that neither Lion nor Northern Cross has been leaked yet. It's been air-tight; not even a sample has made it out yet and here we are less than 24 hrs till the new op and ed.
cerrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 03:30   Link #443
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yeah after all those leaks last time for all 3 singles and the OST I'm surprised neither of those 2 have leaked yet.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 03:49   Link #444
mike_s_6

The stuff gets leaked after we've heard at least one of the songs from a CD from an official source. As of now, none from Macross Radio, none from TV airplay, none in advertisements - I think it's safe to say that we're all just excited that's why we're expecting the leak now.

The songs from the OST 1 leaked when we were nearing the release of the OST, and we've already heard half the songs in the CD played in the animation. Seikan Hikou leaked after we have heard the verse and refrain sample from Macross Radio. Diamond Crevasse, also the same, we've been listening to it for a while already as an ending song before a leak was found.

On a personal note... if the leak comes out now, I'd be very disappointed because I want to hear the song first in the animation. I can forgive Welcome to my Fanclub's Night because it's not an OP or ED, but these two new songs, I want to hear them first from the animation. I don't know why, but perhaps because I think hearing it first as a leak or something takes away from the experience of hearing it within the animation first.
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 03:56   Link #445
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
On a personal note... if the leak comes out now, I'd be very disappointed because I want to hear the song first in the animation. I can forgive Welcome to my Fanclub's Night because it's not an OP or ED, but these two new songs, I want to hear them first from the animation. I don't know why, but perhaps because I think hearing it first as a leak or something takes away from the experience of hearing it within the animation first.
I agree with you, but the thing is if something leaks I can't help myself and I'll listen to it anyway lol.
Old 2008-07-24, 04:13   Link #446
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I agree with you, but the thing is if something leaks I can't help myself and I'll listen to it anyway lol.
Yes, me too... and I'd be forced since I have to write some sort of report about it
Old 2008-07-24, 07:48   Link #447
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Sorry if this is a repost but I didn't see it above. Has anyone seen the live video of Nakajima Megumi singing Seikan Hikou from MF? Check out how her moves match the animated choreography video posted on the MF site a while back. Pretty cool.

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2008...an-hikou-live/
kilroy0097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 07:52   Link #448
Westlo
Lets be reality

I can't remember where I read it but I'm sure Mike will know... but apparently Megumi did the dance first and the animated video was based off that.

Quote:
Yes, me too... and I'd be forced since I have to write some sort of report about it
Yes I can see how that would make it hard lol
Old 2008-07-24, 10:08   Link #449
Tsuchiro

Bigger CD jacket for Lion's single

Spoiler:
Tsuchiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 11:34   Link #450
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Pretty sure she is. She's losing her breath towards the end

About the cover... don't us girls just hold hands all the time and it's no malice? They're not hugging each other or lying down you know ;D
Sigh. I meant, was she using her real voice rather than her Ranka voice? Nevermind, after hearing Seikan Hikou in ep 12 again, there's not much difference, I think.

As for holding hands between girls, there's no malice about that in Asian cultures.

Quote:
I can't remember where I read it but I'm sure Mike will know... but apparently Megumi did the dance first and the animated video was based off that.
You're right on this one. I think it was from the interview with Kanno and Kawamori.
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 19:05   Link #451
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Well, thanks to some kind soul, 2nd ED is now on Youtube.

Overall, much faster pace than I expected. But still an excellent song. Looking foward to hear the full version.

Interesting sketch from 0:55. Checked episode 10 and Sheryl's right hand position as well as clothing are different. So it's either a preliminary storyboard sketch for episode 10 or something new for the future (or they are just messing with our minds)....

Either way,

Spoiler:

Last edited by Darial; 2008-07-24 at 19:31. Reason: checked episode 10.
Darial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 19:26   Link #452
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
Well, thanks to some kind soul, 2nd ED is now on Youtube.

Overall, much faster pace than I expected. But still an excellent song. Looking foward to hear the full version.

P.S. Anyone know if the sketch from 0:55 is from episode 10 or something new?
Sorry it's not clear enough on my screen. Oh and I liked how the replicate earing was held up to the light. It looks awesome with how it swayed. Thanks for link.
Sleepy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 23:56   Link #453
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Well am I the only one here who think Aimo Remix is not bad? It actually adds a refreshing tone to the old song, which is good thing because after hearing Maaya performing Aimo, a lot of people wouldn't be interested in Ranka's typical Aimo anymore The arrangement is also pretty nice, me like

Out of all Ranka's song, this Aimo Remix suits the battlefield the most though it still couldn't pass to DC level At least it's more appropriate than Seikan Hikou and Neko Nikki.

I'm on my way of becoming addicted to Northern Cross It must be hard to live up to the great Diamond Crevasse, but this song manages to stand on its own ground. Here I was expecting an even sadder song than DC from the CD description, but this fast-pace is really good. I like both of them! However, I don't want NC to become Sheryl's last song (if the spoilers are true )

I just hope that Ranka wouldn't decide to sing NC, just destroying DC is enough Her songs and Sheryl's are of two totally different types and shouldn't be mixed together.

Last edited by nanatsusaya; 2008-07-25 at 00:09.
nanatsusaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 00:29   Link #454
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Either way,

Spoiler:
Tsk tsk tsk, let the folks who invented the infamous Stechschritt, teach you how it should be done, PROPERLY!

Spoiler for Heh heh heh:

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 00:49   Link #455
mike_s_6

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure which one came first, but we do know that the Ranka Attack in Gallia 4 was animated from footage of Nakajima. The Flash animation of Ranka's dance could have been from any other source, but I think that the flash animation was based off the dance of a real person (Nakajima or not), because of the way it looks. I think that if it came first before being danced by anyone, then it would be more detailed as it has to be instructional. Case in point: the last part of the flash animation where Ranka is swinging her hips looks like it was made to mimic a real person swinging her hips, but fails miserably :P
Old 2008-07-25, 00:52   Link #456
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Tsk tsk tsk, let the folks who invented the infamous Stechschritt, teach you how it should be done, PROPERLY!

Spoiler for Heh heh heh:

- Tak
Well there's definitely no doubt how enormous your loyalty is to the "Sheryl Cause."

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-25, 01:22   Link #457
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
- Tak
Well, I have to say you have definitely outdid yourself once again. However, seeing that picture have made me laugh so hard I feel obligated to return the favor with one of my favorite musicals of all time. Word to the wise, don't drink anything while you are watching it.

P.S. Potentially NSAW depending on how uptight your office is.
Darial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 01:36   Link #458
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Well, I have to say you have definitely outdid yourself once again. However, seeing that picture have made me laugh so hard I feel obligated to return the favor with one of my favorite musicals of all time. Word to the wise, don't drink anything while you are watching it.

P.S. Potentially NSAW depending on how uptight your office is.

ROTFLMAO!!!!! "Springtime for Hitler and Germany..."
I love the crowd's reaction.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-25, 01:42   Link #459
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
Well am I the only one here who think Aimo Remix is not bad?
I'm with you here. Also, it's possible that Kanno was not involved in the rearrangement aspect of this version. Her colleague, Hisaaki Hogari is included in Aimo O.C.'s credits.

I think it's kind of like taking turns - the My Boyfriend is a Pilot version in Macross F is Hisaaki's version, rearranged by Kanno. This time, they sort of flip roles.
Old 2008-07-25, 01:58   Link #460
Same_Shark

You gotta love May'n dancing in the background of the new ED. Very sexy!
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music