AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-29, 18:29   Link #101
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

anyone had a Smoker for nakama yet?

Smoker tries to out Vergo but the WG frame him for corroborating with Cesar and pirates.
Old 2012-09-30, 02:01   Link #102
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
anyone had a Smoker for nakama yet?

Smoker tries to out Vergo but the WG frame him for corroborating with Cesar and pirates.
Smoker's a marine,he can't be a nakama ever.

Also he plays the role of a rival of some sort,like Garp with Roger.
Old 2012-09-30, 14:59   Link #103
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Smoker's a marine,he can't be a nakama ever.

Also he plays the role of a rival of some sort,like Garp with Roger.
not if the WG put a bounty on him

if Smoker gets kick out of the Marines, Cody can become the next Garp.
Old 2012-09-30, 15:41   Link #104
marvelB

Going back to Dofla's sphere of influence, while I do agree that he most likely doesn't have absolute control over the WG from the shadows, we still don't really know for sure just how far up their ranks his connections reach. I mean, the guy could have moles working for him in ALL the government branches aside from the marines (like Cipher Pol, Impel Down, etc.). That's why I say that it may be possible for him to have any evidence that point towards him being the big, bad mastermind altered/destroyed in the blink of an eye in case any of his plots fail. But once again, this depends on just how much control he has over the government from the shadows.....

Also, I really don't see Smoker going rogue anytime soon, let alone joining the Straw-Hats. Story-wise, it wouldn't make much sense for him to get kicked out of the marines so soon after he was revealed to have become a VA. With Aokiji it was alright since we've known him as an admiral who upheld moral justice from the beginning, but Smoker is a bit of a different story.....
Old 2012-09-30, 16:55   Link #105
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Going back to Dofla's sphere of influence, while I do agree that he most likely doesn't have absolute control over the WG from the shadows, we still don't really know for sure just how far up their ranks his connections reach. I mean, the guy could have moles working for him in ALL the government branches aside from the marines (like Cipher Pol, Impel Down, etc.). That's why I say that it may be possible for him to have any evidence that point towards him being the big, bad mastermind altered/destroyed in the blink of an eye in case any of his plots fail. But once again, this depends on just how much control he has over the government from the shadows.....
it is not about how control Dofl has but the guy he works for. The guy who is higher then Sengoku.

Quote:
Also, I really don't see Smoker going rogue anytime soon, let alone joining the Straw-Hats. Story-wise, it wouldn't make much sense for him to get kicked out of the marines so soon after he was revealed to have become a VA. With Aokiji it was alright since we've known him as an admiral who upheld moral justice from the beginning, but Smoker is a bit of a different story.....
I was joking about joining luffy but Smoker might not have a choice about going rogue if the evidence he has isn't enough to bring down Dofl. Smoker could end up joining Aoki or Dragon.
Old 2012-10-01, 10:43   Link #106
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
He said we're entering into the second half of the story somewhere. So like I said before, unless he was saying that in a geographical context, that implies there's a time limit.
You may be taking his words too literally. Halfway through could mean a lot of things. Including:
1) Story plot or number of arcs
2) Time for the manga characters
3) Half the crew is assembled

Although most likely it was just a way to indicate that we are now in the serious plot advancement stage of the story. e.g. the arcs before were the build up and random encounters that start most manga
Old 2012-10-01, 16:12   Link #107
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
You may be taking his words too literally. Halfway through could mean a lot of things. Including:
1) Story plot or number of arcs
2) Time for the manga characters
3) Half the crew is assembled

Although most likely it was just a way to indicate that we are now in the serious plot advancement stage of the story. e.g. the arcs before were the build up and random encounters that start most manga
Yep,in the beginning he was also planning to end One Piece in 10 years,look how that turned out.
Old 2012-10-01, 16:24   Link #108
Blackbeard D. Kuma

The second "half" of the story started in 2010; it's been going on for roughly 2 years now. We'll see how much longer the remaining story will be.
Old 2012-10-01, 16:34   Link #109
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
The second "half" of the story started in 2010; it's been going on for roughly 2 years now. We'll see how much longer the remaining story will be.
Exactly. The manga will last as long as Oda is interested in it, and it is profitable. No more and no less. Trying to determine end dates based on oblique references in translated magazine Q&As is generally pointless.
Old 2012-10-01, 17:20   Link #110
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Exactly. The manga will last as long as Oda is interested in it, and it is profitable. No more and no less. Trying to determine end dates based on oblique references in translated magazine Q&As is generally pointless.
I never claimed otherwise. And no, using said references is not pointless seeing as how they hold credibility. What else are we to go by? Not to mention it's also a matter of using logic. But again, we'll see in due time.
Old 2012-10-02, 06:02   Link #111
ronin myael
lost ronin

new chapter is out! calling the moderators... please put up the new chapter thread guys. please?

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion