AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-12-16, 00:45   Link #1701
Sunder the Gold

Spoiler for KYH is unable to destroy her 'parent'?:
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 05:26   Link #1702
Meltyred

It's more like she is unable to "win" against her.
Which is said in the later volumes.
And then spoilerish stuff happens.. just look back through the pages.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 06:05   Link #1703
judasmartel
*Author

So Lotus was unable to win against Cosmos? Lotus was already broken when we first saw her in combat, so that says something about Cosmos.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 09:19   Link #1704
Mentar
Banned

Have you forgotten that White Cosmos is invisible in BB? How are you supposed to defeat someone like this?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 09:37   Link #1705
judasmartel
*Author

"Don't think. Feel." - Bruce Lee

I thought Cosmos' invisibility only applies against lower-leveled Duel Avatars. Since she's Level 9, only other Level 9's can see her.

With that in mind, it is possible that Cosmos was of a higher level than Lotus when they fought last time, so the invisibility applies, and Lotus was not able to see her the entire fight.
Old 2012-12-16, 16:43   Link #1706
draxdeveloper

Talking Some questions

Ok, i have some questions relatade to some ofd the relationships with haru...

First, about Chiyu....
It's seems to me that she realy loves Haru, and not Taku... But until the last episode of the anime Haru seems to like her as a friend...
Something in that point chenge until the novel 12? Haru pass to show more deep fellings for her?

Now, about KYH... it's a bit confuse...
To me, Haru seems to love KYH, and i am not saying admiration, i am saying love, but like someone said here... It's seems unreal to Haru that KYH can love him, even if her have said so.
In another point, until the last episode of anime, i have my doubts about her fellings towards Haru, because she says that loves him, but...
Spoiler for episode 24 form anime:

And because of this i don't now if her really love him or if her have another reason to say that love him...
But, in the light novel, they relationship have changed in some way?

Spoiler for light novel, ash roller:

Also, it's seems to me that the only one Haru have true fellings is KHY, even if he don't believe in the possibility of they staying toghter

And just one more doubt, someone have understanded the second end of anime?
Why the real KHY fight with her avatar for Haru, that makes no sense to me...
draxdeveloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 17:50   Link #1707
judasmartel
*Author

Ah, the second ED? Erm, dude, it's an anime phenomenon known as the Tsundere. You must have seen this before. If not, well, here it is.

Haru is DEVOTED to KYH (short-hand for KuroYukiHime), he just can't believe a very gorgeous girl like her can fall in love with him. Which is why he tries hard to become worthy of her.

KYH, on the other hand, is genuinely in love with Haru just the way he is (fats and all). She has spent so much time in Accel World (1 day in AW equals about 3 years in real life) that she has gone past the point of judging people based on appearances and caring about what people would say about her taste in romantic partners.

Even if we discount that, KYH has seen great potential in Haru to become a great Burst Linker. His pig avatar is so fast that KYH had to Burst Link just to beat his scores in virtual squash.

Chiyu actually loves Haru more than Taku, but Haru's low self-confidence led him to tell her to go with Taku since Taku loves her.
Old 2012-12-16, 17:59   Link #1708
draxdeveloper

But to me it's seens that if Haru was not so low self stem he wold choose KYH...
But my true question is... In 12 books, something have changed, except for and spoiler part that was in my post above?
I mean, is Haru better with this low self stem situation? Is he becomes closer to someone? Or in better words, his releatonships have envolved in some way?

(This is something that bother me a little, it's seems to me that Haru relationships if far to going to anywere... And in comparasion to SAO this is toooo slow (okay, SAO in other hand is something that we can call a little fast... But 12 books is not a little to slow?)
Old 2012-12-16, 22:24   Link #1709
judasmartel
*Author

Let's just say Haru was emotionally scarred so bad from all the bullying he experienced from when he was younger. Okay, 12 volumes is too slow character development, but how long is that in the AW universe time? Maybe one year?

Recovering from bullying is not that easy. It takes time, even several years, to recover from being bullied, even with the best support system possible, especially someone like Haru.

You don't expect Haru to become a super-confident badass in a very short span of time (which brings to question again how much time has passed in the story since Haru met KYH), but yes, after getting out of being bullied for quite some time, Haru should at least be able to get out of his comfort zone when he has to. Because it's better to do it but fail than not trying to do it at all.

I think Haru has his courageous moments, but relapses into his old self whenever he experiences the fear of the unknown or something outside of his comfort zone. For example, Noumi, who uses blackmail and psychological warfare against him. Haru is not used to dealing with people like him because he's used to physical and verbal abuse back then. He didn't know how to play Noumi's game, until he finally figured it out on his own.

About the plot, Haru has to deal with the CD Armor himself. I imagined this would take long, because there is real possibility that the armor would possess him if he's not careful.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2012-12-17 at 09:33.
Old 2012-12-17, 06:57   Link #1710
draxdeveloper

Makes sense... Also, in the same way SOA jumped 2 years in two books
Old 2012-12-18, 20:05   Link #1711
Sunder the Gold

Hey, by any chance, do the novels beyond the anime address whether or not Purple Thorn has Red Rider's horse?

Yeah, my eyes kind of skipped over the horse at the King's Meeting the first time I watched the anime, but afterwards I was thinking about what "Rider" would mean. So the second time around, I was looking for it -- and there it was!

It even seemed to survive his death, though Yellow Radio's video didn't keep rolling long enough to show Rider's body dissolve. It's possible that the horse disappeared when that happened.

But aside from the Armor of Catastrophe, even normal Enhancement Armaments are said to sometimes survive the death of their owners. So the Purple King might still have her boyfriend's horse to remember him by.

(I assume Rider could equip the horse with guns too heavy for his avatar to carry, much like Niko created the Immobile Fortress to contain her artillery.)
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 22:41   Link #1712
draxdeveloper

some other questions

1 - in light novel, they say in what haru have spended his points in leving up? I suposse that is in better flying ability, but i dont have sure.

2 - is there any topic about Haru relationships? like Haru and KYH or Haru and chiyu... Because i don't have found ay topic about it... Anyway, what you think? Should Haru be KYH or chiyu (or other one)
To me, he better fits with KYH because he really look to love her and because she have changed him to better (and as far i can see, he have the same effect on her) also chiyu have Taku, even if her looks like to preffer to be with Haru she have chossed Taku.

3 - It's just me or its seens that SAO will have a second season before Accel world (if some of then will have any)
Old 2012-12-22, 01:04   Link #1713
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by draxdeveloper View Post
some other questions

1 - in light novel, they say in what haru have spended his points in leving up? I suposse that is in better flying ability, but i dont have sure.

2 - is there any topic about Haru relationships? like Haru and KYH or Haru and chiyu... Because i don't have found ay topic about it... Anyway, what you think? Should Haru be KYH or chiyu (or other one)
To me, he better fits with KYH because he really look to love her and because she have changed him to better (and as far i can see, he have the same effect on her) also chiyu have Taku, even if her looks like to preffer to be with Haru she have chossed Taku.

3 - It's just me or its seens that SAO will have a second season before Accel world (if some of then will have any)
1. Haru built Silver Crow exclusively on speed, because it augments the attack power of his special abilities which would usually be very weak in comparison to the other Duel Avatars (Lotus has the Death Slash abilities compared to Haru's Punch and Kick). Just imagine Haru as Accel World's version of Admiral Kizaru from One Piece to get my point.

2. Not sure about it since I haven't read any of the Light Novels yet. But yes, Haru/KYH seems to be the thing. So I guess Chiyu has to settle with Taku.

3. No question, SAO is way more popular than AW, because more people prefer the tall-thin-and-lanky badass MC Kirito over the small-and-fat "loser" MC Haru.

That doesn't mean Haru is not developing, though. It's just that many people find his character development to be too slow for a usual fighting anime MC. They expect them to become super confident badasses in a span of a single LN volume after all. Even if psychology says otherwise.

As I have stated a lot of times, recovery from bullying is NOT something you can do in three seconds flat, even with the best support system possible. It takes months or even years to recover from being bullied. And people will never understand that because they have never been bullied all their life.

See, once you get out of bullying, you're left with very low self-esteem and being unable to trust other people even if you wanted to, because you're still scared you will get hurt again. A reassuring support system really helps in this process. Take all this from a former bullying victim as myself.

SAO has its own flaws, too. Adaptation was too fast and skipped several important arcs in the LNs, Kirito was portrayed rather too perfectly (he doesn't even need to break a sweat to win battles even against the toughest opponents), too much focus on Kirito/Asuna at the expense of the other females in the cast, etc.

Kudos to Kawahara-sensei for being able to balance his time between two LNs which turned out to be very popular.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2012-12-22 at 01:16.
Old 2012-12-22, 21:52   Link #1714
draxdeveloper

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
1. Haru built Silver Crow exclusively on speed, because it augments the attack power of his special abilities which would usually be very weak in comparison to the other Duel Avatars (Lotus has the Death Slash abilities compared to Haru's Punch and Kick). Just imagine Haru as Accel World's version of Admiral Kizaru from One Piece to get my point.

2. Not sure about it since I haven't read any of the Light Novels yet. But yes, Haru/KYH seems to be the thing. So I guess Chiyu has to settle with Taku.

3. No question, SAO is way more popular than AW, because more people prefer the tall-thin-and-lanky badass MC Kirito over the small-and-fat "loser" MC Haru.

That doesn't mean Haru is not developing, though. It's just that many people find his character development to be too slow for a usual fighting anime MC. They expect them to become super confident badasses in a span of a single LN volume after all. Even if psychology says otherwise.

As I have stated a lot of times, recovery from bullying is NOT something you can do in three seconds flat, even with the best support system possible. It takes months or even years to recover from being bullied. And people will never understand that because they have never been bullied all their life.

See, once you get out of bullying, you're left with very low self-esteem and being unable to trust other people even if you wanted to, because you're still scared you will get hurt again. A reassuring support system really helps in this process. Take all this from a former bullying victim as myself.

SAO has its own flaws, too. Adaptation was too fast and skipped several important arcs in the LNs, Kirito was portrayed rather too perfectly (he doesn't even need to break a sweat to win battles even against the toughest opponents), too much focus on Kirito/Asuna at the expense of the other females in the cast, etc.

Kudos to Kawahara-sensei for being able to balance his time between two LNs which turned out to be very popular.
I would add here that the relation between kirito and asuna was too fast o0( at least in the anime adaptation)

also what is MC?
Old 2012-12-22, 22:35   Link #1715
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
I would add here that the relation between kirito and asuna was too fast o0( at least in the anime adaptation)

also what is MC?
MC = Main Character.

Kirito and Asuna's relation was quite fast in the LN as well, compared to them, Haru's and KYH's relationship is quite slow.

After 12 volumes, how much time has passed since it started? Have they already reached summer time in the novel?
Old 2012-12-22, 22:55   Link #1716
draxdeveloper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
MC = Main Character.

Kirito and Asuna's relation was quite fast in the LN as well, compared to them, Haru's and KYH's relationship is quite slow.

After 12 volumes, how much time has passed since it started? Have they already reached summer time in the novel?
Haru and KYH is just slow, dont need to compare to Kirito and Asuna(but also the times passes slower in the Accel world and also have all the story about bullying said before)

Well, it's is fast, but i can't say anything about it
(real life example here lol... But i am still with the person in question )
But is just.. Unusual in series (anime, sitcom etc)
Old 2012-12-23, 01:12   Link #1717
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Well, it's is fast, but i can't say anything about it
(real life example here lol... But i am still with the person in question )
But is just.. Unusual in series (anime, sitcom etc)
Haha, unusual it is. It kinda forces its viewers who are used to fighting anime staples to get out of their comfort zone and really pushes the "put yourself into the MC's shoes" concept to its limits.

But really, I hate it when they call "cliche" on Haru and yet expect a fighting anime MC to be like Kirito, a badass MC who physically looks no different than Shinji Ikari, who is probably the most hated fighting anime MC ever. Both are tall and lanky, in case you don't get what I'm saying.

NINETY-NINE PERCENT OF FIGHTING ANIME HAVE TALL AND LANKY MC's, so why not give a short-and-fat MC like Haru a chance for a change, right?
Old 2012-12-23, 09:13   Link #1718
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Quite slow? It's so slow that it's basically non-existent. Honestly, as much as I had liked it at one time, it's basically wasted potential now. If they're going to get together at all, then it'll be at the very end.

Quote:
Both are tall and lanky, in case you don't get what I'm saying.
Oh, please tell me you're joking.. They're like, what, average height? A person who's "lanky" is ungracefully thin and tall (so calling them tall and lanky is redundant). Both Kirito and Shinji are far from that. I have nothing against Haru, in fact, I actually like him, however, you're just bashing those characters by calling them "lanky".
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 09:29   Link #1719
judasmartel
*Author

Of course I am joking. What I'm saying is, 99% of anime have thin guys for MCs. I think it was about damn time to have a fat MC for a change, because thin MC is too mainstream. And yet people preach like Kirito is the savior of 2010's anime and all future anime MCs should be patterned after him or else they will be bashed as weak MCs.
Old 2012-12-23, 09:37   Link #1720
draxdeveloper

Quote:
Haha, unusual it is. It kinda forces its viewers who are used to fighting anime staples to get out of their comfort zone and really pushes the "put yourself into the MC's shoes" concept to its limits.

But really, I hate it when they call "cliche" on Haru and yet expect a fighting anime MC to be like Kirito, a badass MC who physically looks no different than Shinji Ikari, who is probably the most hated fighting anime MC ever. Both are tall and lanky, in case you don't get what I'm saying.

NINETY-NINE PERCENT OF FIGHTING ANIME HAVE TALL AND LANKY MC's, so why not give a short-and-fat MC like Haru a chance for a change, right?
Hey, don't hate Shinji here loLXD

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality