AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-11, 13:03   Link #1021
Algent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
The committee seems to have no real reason to kill Mizuka in that way at that time.She was trying to stop Kai from reading the Kimijima reports.All her death does is make him more driven to find and believe them.
Seen like that it would mean they do want him to read the full report. Maybe it's a mind-washing trap or something similar.
Or maybe someone/something else doesn't want interferences , the timing was really too good. The only witness was Geiji but if she was working for the '300' it wouldn't make much sense.

Who was (is ? I just can't trust that offscreen death anymore) Kimijima anyway, if he knew he must have been part of the conspiracy, if he wasn't he would have been killed much sooner.
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 19:22   Link #1022
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
I'm not sure what that "Tell Misaki 'thanks for the legs,'" is about; it could be a coded message...
It seemed to me that would have been a response to the last thing on her mind, "Who is doing this to me?" So the coded message would be for the person she believed to be responsible for her impending death, and uncoded would be along the lines of, "Tell Misaki, 'thanks for the legs that killed me.'"
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 20:08   Link #1023
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
It seemed to me that would have been a response to the last thing on her mind, "Who is doing this to me?" So the coded message would be for the person she believed to be responsible for her impending death, and uncoded would be along the lines of, "Tell Misaki, 'thanks for the legs that killed me.'"
Yeah, that's actually the first thing that crossed my mind too when she said that before falling. Still, since I didn't play the game, I could be wrong about this.
Old 2013-02-11, 20:14   Link #1024
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yeah, that's actually the first thing that crossed my mind too when she said that before falling. Still, since I didn't play the game, I could be wrong about this.
Well, I am probably just biased, Misaki rating about a -10 on my likability scale for the way she treats her sister. The anime (and the blatant spoilers that have appeared in this thread) are my only exposure to this series so I could be completely wrong for the wrong reasons.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 20:57   Link #1025
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Now guys... did anyone noticed that its becoming darker and darker as this anime goes on.... Stein;Gate vibes.... really now...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 23:54   Link #1026
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I've been puzzling over this question for a couple of days now. I haven't come to a good answer yet. So I thought I'd ask for your opinions.

Why do you think Mizuka was targeted?

I'm convinced that the exoskeleton malfunction was no mere malfunction. I believe that behavior was triggered purposefully by Committee 300 representatives, most likely Misaki's boss. But why? Kai should be the one that the boss wants out of the picture. Kai is the threat. So why go after Mizuka? Did the boss hope that somehow Mizuka's exoskeleton would take down Kai too? That seems unlikely.

It occurred to me that Mizuka's death may be Misaki's punishment for shielding Kai. I could see boss doing that. But killing Mizuka in front of Kai seems counterproductive because the act should warn Kai about the dangerous situation he's in. (I'm assuming that boss knew Kai was there by the GPS in his phone pad.)

Or maybe? Maybe there is an unknown third party involved? Someone other than boss who arranged Mizuka's death?? If so, who? And again, why?

I keep coming back to "why". Why was Mizuka killed? I can't figure out a good answer for that question.
Indeed! I also found it interesting how the report didn't appear on the screen the first time Kai looked. He passed the same region the second time before it showed and then rings the phone. I wonder why! Either way the answer may come in the form of how Kai deals with this shocking loss. There is also this falling robot Subaru has to deal with in the next episode. Hopefully, a week will be plenty enough time for him to get the heck out of its way from the impending crushing death. Eagerly looking forward to next episode!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 00:45   Link #1027
molitar

At this time if I was Kai I would declare war by putting ALL the reports on the internet! Post it so fast the truth! Post how a strange call came in a strange sound and a friend's legs purposely walked her off a cliff to her death! The truth is those making the robots have programmed them to kill on command! They are planning world's end! Post it everywhere so they can't prevent the truth from getting out!

Secondly I would of tried to find a rock or something and attacked the legs themselves where they bend! Knocked her over sideways maybe that would help smash them. Keeping tackling her and it would of bought time at least to try to get them off her. But to just try to push against it when it's strong enough to push you back is not helping at all.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 00:53   Link #1028
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
At this time if I was Kai I would declare war by putting ALL the reports on the internet! Post it so fast the truth! Post how a strange call came in a strange sound and a friend's legs purposely walked her off a cliff to her death! The truth is those making the robots have programmed them to kill on command! They are planning world's end! Post it everywhere so they can't prevent the truth from getting out!
In the age of photoshopping and camera trickery, the counter argument for hoax can be easily made. As we all know from our current media culture, disinformation is far more easy to spread and believable than a genuine one. If 300 is as powerful as they claimed to be, manipulating information should be child's play.
Old 2013-02-12, 00:59   Link #1029
molitar

Post it on hackers websites and they would have probably half the worlds hackers attacking the robotic companies network to find out if what was posted was true! Thing is get the word out if it's out than you are no longer a threat to them as it's already known and you are not the only one to know.

Being the only one to know is to be next target to be killed. The thing is to put the fear out.. make others stop trusting robots and artificial limbs and your one step closer to preventing the robot uprising. I think it's funny that there is this big robot expo just at the time the trial with the robots going berserk happened. Almost like to make others trust robots again.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 01:09   Link #1030
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Post it on hackers websites and they would have probably half the worlds hackers attacking the robotic companies network to find out if what was posted was true! Thing is get the word out if it's out than you are no longer a threat to them as it's already known and you are not the only one to know. .
Well, it doesn't appear Kai's activity is going entirely unnoticed. If he is indeed a threat to 300's grand scheme of things, then he would have been eliminated by now, wouldn't he? All these reports have come sequentially. Clearly there is more to it. Why else Kai needs to go in a quest like endeavors to get his hands on these reports? Like LKK, I'm also curious to know the "why" behind Mizuka's untimely death which should help us get answers to some of these questions.
Old 2013-02-12, 02:25   Link #1031
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Well, it doesn't appear Kai's activity is going entirely unnoticed. If he is indeed a threat to 300's grand scheme of things, then he would have been eliminated by now, wouldn't he? All these reports have come sequentially. Clearly there is more to it. Why else Kai needs to go in a quest like endeavors to get his hands on these reports? Like LKK, I'm also curious to know the "why" behind Mizuka's untimely death which should help us get answers to some of these questions.
Maybe it's the unlocking of the reports that triggers the next phase. (Why do it yourself when you can convince teens to believe that they are saving the world to do your dirty work for you?) Mizuka tried to stop him from downloading #7 and that's when all heck broke lose. #7 is suspicious from the start as it wasn't there on the first scan of the area. Kagome Kagome was to remove the obstacle from Kai downloading #7, Mizuka. This could imply that they are being observed by someone in realtime that can send Kagome Kagome whenever it's needed as it faxed steering directions to Mizuka's unit.(She had to turn 90 degrees to head towards that cliff.)

Last edited by orion; 2013-02-12 at 02:39.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 17:59   Link #1032
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 20:59   Link #1033
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlotte View Post
Stupid question why couldn't he just knock it over from the side...Its main range of motion seems to be in very straight forward walking movement. Just knocking her straight back was dumb as it just got right back up, but if he'd used his brain for a second and tackled her from the side how would it get itself back up? Simple forward motion movement like it was doing wouldn't accomplish it.

And then of course the power supply debate...I dunno the whole scene just felt silly honestly. Pair if with mister genius just standing there watching a giant robot fall on him and frankly I don't feel bad for any of these people dying since everyone seems to have the reaction times of a stone. *shrug*

Pretty much this, that episode made me stop taking this seriously, now I'm just watching it for the lulz like code geass.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 21:03   Link #1034
Dr. Casey

sigh

AnimeSuki posters blowing the mildest things out of proportion gets old sometimes.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 10:53   Link #1035
max2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
She will not get the heart of her love with this. Giant mechas don't eat chocolate .
Old 2013-02-14, 16:25   Link #1036
Algent

Spoiler for R;N 17:
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 16:51   Link #1037
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 17:
Old 2013-02-14, 21:53   Link #1038
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Kai you silly fool.

A woman you were somewhat fond of dies, and you're obviously aware of the possibility that it's related to the reports, but you couldn't let go, could you?

Oh well, being foolish is what drives great fictional drama. It's hard, I suppose, to make entertaining yarns when your characters don't make questionable decisions.

Still having a hard time seeing how this is all going to come together and end, but I'm betting the end will occur at Expo-1.
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2013-02-14 at 22:16.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 22:14   Link #1039
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

"you must not give Kimijima's report to anywone else, protect it"

and it was distributed throughout the world 10min later

- - - - -

Kagome Kagome, now I really want to use it as my phone ringtone

- - - - -

sad that anime this good (despite many stupidity going on in the last episode) wasn't doing good in term of BD/DVD sales
Old 2013-02-14, 23:28   Link #1040
SPECTER

I give up on this show till it is over.
gets my hopes up every week and its nearly a disappointment every time.
SPECTER is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction