Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-23, 02:36   Link #61
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
I definitely have those episodes myself since I was collecting the series raw. Either way yes Michiru and Kaoru definitely help improve the series. Still I do wonder what Saki and Mai's movie outfits will be like. Yes there is a Splash Star movie and yes it's obvious that they'll get special outfits. If they don't I'll be surprised.
The DVD for the movie comes out mid April, by the way.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 04:34   Link #62
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 13:25   Link #63
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Ah, where are my manners. I didn't mean to put you on the spot, Quarkboy. I really do appreciate your work with the current projects you have, and I wish you the best on your future endeavors. Subs help me figure out how much of the raws I understand (about 70%, yay ).

Ep07 was good. It's really going to be interesting how they deal with the villain situation...I'm sure you all know what I mean. Komachi's a nut; that lizard scene was funny, especially after seeing what 2chan did with screenshots of it .
Maximum Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 00:37   Link #64
Guppy

Just finished watching the newest subbed episode (thanks, Quarkboy!) and got that nostalgic feeling when the next-ep preview came on...

Spoiler for ep. 8 preview:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 00:42   Link #65
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

FYI, I made a somewhat critical translation error in one of the earlier episodes I've just been made aware of.

It seems that Nozomi's mother doesn't work at a hospital (byouin), but works at a beauty salon (bishouin)... I guess I totally misheard it (and considering the context, it seemed more likely that a hospital would be way busier than a beauty salon...).

In any case, in case Nozomi's mom seemed a bit dumb to be a doctor, it seems that's the case after all! Sorry about the mistake.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2007-03-25, 17:07   Link #66
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 07 - The Best Friend, Nuts, Appears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Episode 7 just aired, and, if there was ever an example of a male Tsundere, it's the new mascot, Nuts.

Although, annoyingly enough, there are a ton of VERY obvious signs that say "Natts".

Even though it's OBVIOUSLY suppose to be spelled "Nuts" (since Coco+Nuts = coconuts, in case you are totally oblivious).

Strangely enough, I get the sense that the biggest fan pairing from this series won't be yuri, but will be yaoi . Pretty smart considering that the majority of the audience is female.
Don't forget that this is the first time in the Pretty Cure franchise that mascot, Nuts, holds a sad trauma explored about his past for which it makes him to feel guilt.
Spoiler:

This is the very first which I starting to identify with the mascots. In addition, Coco's "coco" noise sounds less annoying when it speaks in calm and not-squeaky accent.

Other things in regards to the Nightmares that I have taken notice are that each of the Nightmares has his or her own Kowainaa mask. The mask has no replacement, so if they lose it then it's gone for good.
Spoiler:

Also, you may or not have taken notice that Pretty Cure Five draws a few striking similarities with other anime like Princess Tutu and Magical Doremi.
Spoiler:

The soundtrack is deep and emotive, which increases the impact for particularly sad or blissful scenes.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 17:46   Link #67
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Doremi and the little witches also open a shop, a magic one, to help the witches and train for becoming from apprentices to witches.
Just for the sake of accuracy, Doremi and friends doesn't open the shop, they simply rennovate it. Majo Rika had been running the shop by herself for a long time.

And, in other news, Retribution! In episode 8, they have a NEW background which clearly says "Nuts" instead of "Natts". Perhaps someone in Japan was watching our fansubs and realized their mistake? (Or more likely legions of Japanese fans email-bombed Toei complaining about their poor use of english ).
Sam Pinansky
Old 2007-03-26, 15:30   Link #68
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

True, and if they want a true homage, they'll change the shop's theme every ten or so episodes from crafts to flowers to breadshop then to an accessory shop. I doubt it though since the director for Pretty Cure 5 isn't Tetsuya Igurashi.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 21:55   Link #69
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
I'm liking Yes Pretty Cure 5 more and more-Gotta say I like h.264 versions a lot more than the xvid ones-and I like the fact that you use hard subs rather than soft ones-it makes the episodes a lot easier to convert.
Old 2007-03-26, 23:17   Link #70
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrdb View Post
I'm liking Yes Pretty Cure 5 more and more-Gotta say I like h.264 versions a lot more than the xvid ones-and I like the fact that you use hard subs rather than soft ones-it makes the episodes a lot easier to convert.
Actually, I seriously considered doing the first soft-subbed mp4 fansubs using srt importation in mp4box. But after some experimentation it seems like the only thing that would play the subs back was vlc (or osmoplayer, ewww)! How ironic... Haali's media splitter doesn't seem to render ttxt subs properly yet, or perhaps I was doing something wrong. In any case, I scrapped the idea and went with hardsubs.

I mean, really... is someone going to steal my scripts for YPC5? I'd be shocked and a little bit honored. In any case, I went with compatibility in the end.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2007-03-27, 19:53   Link #71
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Quote:
Actually, I seriously considered doing the first soft-subbed mp4 fansubs using srt importation in mp4box. But after some experimentation it seems like the only thing that would play the subs back was vlc (or osmoplayer, ewww)! How ironic... Haali's media splitter doesn't seem to render ttxt subs properly yet, or perhaps I was doing something wrong. In any case, I scrapped the idea and went with hardsubs.

I mean, really... is someone going to steal my scripts for YPC5? I'd be shocked and a little bit honored. In any case, I went with compatibility in the end.
Aw. It's a shame you couldn't get it to work. I prefer soft subs for screencapping purposes; it's like having the raws.
Old 2007-03-27, 23:45   Link #72
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

For those of you who can't wait for the subs for episode 8. And happen to be able to READ japanese but not understand it when you hear it... I present to you, crazy crazy japanese person's blog:

http://osciun34.blog93.fc2.com/blog-entry-27.html

Yes, that's right... He/She transcribed the entire episode's script. Sure made translating those hardish to hear lines easier .

It's only for these over obsessable shows that you'd find something like this. I'd like to see them do this for EVERY episode, though .
Sam Pinansky
Old 2007-03-28, 15:33   Link #73
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Quote:
For those of you who can't wait for the subs for episode 8. And happen to be able to READ japanese but not understand it when you hear it... I present to you, crazy crazy japanese person's blog:

http://osciun34.blog93.fc2.com/blog-entry-27.html
Wow, that is crazy. However, what caught my eye when I was visiting the site was:

I wouldn't even know where to start looking for Precure figures. If there were Michiru and Kaoru ones, I'd do whatever to get them.

Edit: Hm. It seems that those figures are on HLJ. I thought they'd be too obscure to have in stock.
Old 2007-03-28, 16:10   Link #74
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Spoiler:
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 17:36   Link #75
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Except for Futari wa Precure and the following season subtitled Max Heart, every season has had new characters and a new story.
Old 2007-03-28, 18:43   Link #76
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Sam Pinansky
Old 2007-04-01, 11:57   Link #77
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 08 - Compatibility Zero!? Rin and Karen

The gist for this episode is that they establish a competitive factor among the Pretty Cure team, or properly said that Rin and Karen do not want to lose against each other.

Spoiler:

In fact, the scope for this Pretty Cure show will be developing all the five girls, until they have come to a full understanding of their personalities, differences, and goals toward each other. For what purpose? To become a better team of friends in order to conquer the even powerful Nightmares to come in 10+ or 20+ episodes ahead.

The soundtrack is memorable and poignant, at least it seems to me that way.

And if I listened carefully to the soundtrack when the fight took underneath the sewers, I am certain to have heard a few tracks that were in the first Futari wa Pretty Cure series's soundtrack.

Ah, by the way, the big boss finally makes a cameo.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 15:45   Link #78
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Ah, by the way, the big boss finally makes a cameo.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-01, 16:59   Link #79
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Burst View Post
Spoiler:
Too late, I already predicted that 4 episodes ago. .
Sam Pinansky
Old 2007-04-09, 14:10   Link #80
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

I don't believe it. Masuko struck me as a sharp kid, but I can't believe that they story writers would pull something worse than Clark Kent on us. I would have preferred it if Masuko immediately knew Precure's identities, and just decided to keep their secret.

Tags
magical girl, school life