AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-09-05, 03:04   Link #301
Mr.Inferno

Yes I'm open about it, I don't really care what people think of me.
Mr.Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 03:26   Link #302
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by xza6atox View Post
what kind of gundam shirt?
whenever i wear a one piece shirt bunch of kids would stare at me as if im some sort of a darth vader.
i remembered one time i was eating in a nearby restaurant and heard one middle school kid say alright! another one piece fan, then i noticed i was wearing a chopper shirt.
i guess i dont need to talk about me being into manga or anime, because it has become part of me.
If you're *only* a One Piece fan ... you may get some noise from both ends. Fans who like a lot of different anime tend to get irritated at people who are simply fans of one series and call themselves "anime fans". It is like saying you're a "tv fan" when all you watch is Survivor.

Then on the other side are the people who don't watch anime and don't even know how to characterize anime, often filled with misconceptions.

I'm an older guy so almost all anime shirts I rule out immediately because they're clearly drawn with kids in mind. I do wear shirts from megatokyo.com - those tend to be a bit subversive or subtle. I usually get good responses from those ("o wow, I read that, too!")
Old 2012-09-05, 10:12   Link #303
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Well, One Piece has become so ridiculously big, it's far off into the mainstreamland.
You can be a OP fan and not be called out an otaku.

In Japan, that is.
Old 2012-09-10, 01:28   Link #304
cardcaptorkitty
Clow Card Master

I usually don't have to because I make it obvious. ^^;

I have an anime purse and I'm usually wearing an anime shirt, so if the subject is brought up, it's because someone has asked about it/complimented it. Plus, it's all over all the social networking sites I frequent.

Otherwise, if I somehow manage to be incognito, it doesn't bother me to admit that I love anime. So, yes, I tell people, whether it's through my appearance or actual conversation.