AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-11, 00:21   Link #1641
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

CG week is over, but Kou isn't going anywhere - I plan to keep the avatar for a while.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 00:23   Link #1642
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
CG week is over, but Kou isn't going anywhere - I plan to keep the avatar for a while.
CG Week? I'm holding out for a lot longer than that Hopefully others will as well, we need to spread the word.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 00:44   Link #1643
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, I'll keep at least the sig.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 02:53   Link #1644
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
CG Week? I'm holding out for a lot longer than that Hopefully others will as well, we need to spread the word.
Seeing as how many episodes they got left till we reach 51, I'm sure I will be having it somewhere in my profile/sig. Not to mention, this is the best anime story for me this year (so far). Yes and spreading the word for a good cause too.
HitagiIsHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 04:03   Link #1645
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It's not Cross Game weeks dear sirs it's Cross Game year!
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 05:07   Link #1646
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
It's not Cross Game weeks dear sirs it's Cross Game year!
My sentiments, exactly.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 18:14   Link #1647
Ansalem
Speaker

Okay, I'm back. That went really quickly for 32 episodes. There are so many great moments in this show so far. I also perused the thread. I'm not quite sure how I'll handle the withdrawal from marathon-ing to once a week.

As far as the recent episodes go,
Spoiler for Ep 29-32ish:
Ansalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 00:50   Link #1648
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Nice to see that you liked it. Now tell your friends about it. Don't let this masterpiece keep itself under the radar.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 01:35   Link #1649
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Man, you guys are really pushing this whole Cross Game thing, ain't ya. Glad to see it's getting the love it deserves, though.

I wasn't too hot on the last few episodes, but ep32 really won me back. The Kou-Aoba bit at the end did the trick. Great stuff.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 02:07   Link #1650
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
Man, you guys are really pushing this whole Cross Game thing, ain't ya. Glad to see it's getting the love it deserves, though.

I wasn't too hot on the last few episodes, but ep32 really won me back. The Kou-Aoba bit at the end did the trick. Great stuff.
I'm mostly pushing this series because I really do feel that it's just flying under the radar while other lack-luster series seem to get more attention and it's a shame really. I guess the last couple of episodes are slightly hit or miss considering the spoon feeding so-to-speak but personally, I've enjoyed every minute of this series (aside from maybe the whole movie part mini-arc with Risa )

I have to agree with you though, I've been anticipating some Kou x Aoba interaction for quite some time and now that I've got it, I want more Still, I can't wait to see how this develops even further, for both Kou and Aoba individually as characters.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by DeX-kun; 2009-11-12 at 02:17. Reason: Just did some research, Risa Shidou was her name XD
Old 2009-11-12, 02:20   Link #1651
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I have to agree with you though, I've been anticipating some Kou x Aoba interaction for quite some time and now that I've got it, I want more Still, I can't wait to see how this develops even further, for both Kou and Aoba individually as characters.
For most of the beginning of the show, I felt a lot more excited for episodes concentrating more on the baseball competition. I still greatly enjoyed the slice-of-life episodes, but not as much as episodes with games and such. The development of the outside storylines was slower, so it lacked the drama inherent in baseball. However, now with the Kou and Aoba tension, with the added drama of Akane's appearance, I feel pretty equally excited about the different kinds of episodes.
Ansalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 03:19   Link #1652
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

Just caught up in the anime series. I actually liked the last few episodes (episode 1 was that good). I didn't see the Akane part coming. Edit: Not sure how I feel about that now. Ko and Aoba seemed to have moved on, but I can't help but feel there's actually a love triangle building up. Maybe the fire hasn't died, but no matter how similar, it's just not the same... so the end of 32 was a excellent scene. Aoba and Ko are so alike and it's who I'm rooting for. Can't wait for 33 this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
Nomo wallpaper this week. You just gotta know what Waka-chan's blood type is... Or click all of them one by one until you get it right. :P

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/contents/c...uiz/index.html
this may seem like a noob question, but is this a desktop wall? the link doesn't seem to work anymore, so does anyone have a copy of the wall that they can kindly share/pm with me (as most of you know i'm collecting CG desktop backgrounds, and if i'm not allowed to ask for links to the wallpaper feel free to remove the request admins.) thanks in advance!

Last edited by HitagiIsHot; 2009-11-12 at 17:04.
HitagiIsHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 05:34   Link #1653
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
For most of the beginning of the show, I felt a lot more excited for episodes concentrating more on the baseball competition. I still greatly enjoyed the slice-of-life episodes, but not as much as episodes with games and such. The development of the outside storylines was slower, so it lacked the drama inherent in baseball. However, now with the Kou and Aoba tension, with the added drama of Akane's appearance, I feel pretty equally excited about the different kinds of episodes.
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm a huge baseball fan and that's one of the aspects that is very appealing to me but I'm also a huge romance/drama fan (when it's done right that is,) so as you can see this show is pretty much perfect for my taste Though one thing I do want to say is that I still appreciate the plot outside of the baseball aspect, I enjoy the subtleties and it's something that caught my attention as I first began watching this show. But of course, this is something that will depend from person to person. All in all, I just can't help but be amazed at just how good this show is in all my favorite categories, which is why I want to promote it as much as I can.

The next episode should be just as good as the last, it'll be interesting to see the direction that the story is heading. Although something that really catches my eye is how Akane see's Kou, or more importantly what feelings will she develop for him (i.e - More like a friend? Or more like a love interest?) On top of that, is Akaishi a possible candidate for Akane? A lot can go wrong, but a lot can go right. Still, I have faith in this series, it has yet to let me down.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-11-12, 07:19   Link #1654
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/7261/a1108xi1280.jpg

The site is only up for 2hrs after their airing every Sunday starting @ 10AM.
Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 09:17   Link #1655
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/7261/a1108xi1280.jpg

The site is only up for 2hrs after their airing every Sunday starting @ 10AM.
Awesome, I've been wanting these wallpapers, but I could never remember when I had to goto the site, and I was always super late.
Old 2009-11-12, 09:58   Link #1656
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Now here's a serious question: With the year winding down, is Cross Game likely to be your top pick for 2009 with finality?

As I mentioned in that other thread, it's a tie between Clannad After Story and Cross Game for me, though After Story might be considered a 2008 show, if that's the case then it's Cross Game all the way
Old 2009-11-12, 10:32   Link #1657
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Now here's a serious question: With the year winding down, is Cross Game likely to be your top pick for 2009 with finality?

As I mentioned in that other thread, it's a tie between Clannad After Story and Cross Game for me, though After Story might be considered a 2008 show, if that's the case then it's Cross Game all the way
I can't imagine it not - winter series start too late and nothing else that launched in 2009 is Cross Game's equal. I would still argue that the first 6 eps of TM8 were the best run of anime this year, but that series jumped the shark and CG has been steady all the way. Natsu no Arashi is really the only other 2009 series that is close for me, though it's not really all that close.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 10:55   Link #1658
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I can say with the utmost confidence that, to me, it is and probably will continue being the best show on the air for a while.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 11:01   Link #1659
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I see... then better start spreading the word in the threads relating to the best of 2009 then.
Old 2009-11-12, 12:51   Link #1660
darry

well from the 2009 releases my Top5 so far is

Spice & Wolf 2
Cross Game
Hajime no Ippo
K-ON
Bakemonogatari

But i wonder the Manga isnt finished yet, did they say how many Episodes Cross Game will have ?
darry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports