Notices

Old 2004-04-23, 14:19   Link #161
rorosama

i second that hunterx!
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 18:55   Link #162
ArcHawk
Expand your world...

I agree with Harlock re: Kyouhei - there has to be something more coming from him. My guess is we'll seem him do something at some point that earns Jo's repsect. Whether he wants to or not.

That said, I actually quite enjoy how they are leaving him a bit of a side character at this point. He's not somebody who could naturally fit in with that gang of girls and it shows.
ArcHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 12:04   Link #163
LordMerc

Send a message via MSN to LordMerc
Bakuretsu Tenshi

Hi has anyone noticed the similarities between BT and EVA??

Rei Ayanami = Joe
Asuka Langley-soryu = Meg
The Chef Guy = Shinji

What do y'all think?
LordMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 21:01   Link #164
TheLaughingMan
Nee-san is...

Send a message via AIM to TheLaughingMan
My thoughts have pretty much all been expressed. It seems like Meg and the cook seem to have no practical use, other than to amuse us (so far anyway). I don't even understand why Jo made the cook come with her in the first ep.

I been DLing the AonE version, but I might check out the lunar one. Some of the sentences just didn't make sense in the AonE version. I really appreciate fan sub groups, i don't mind if mistakes are made, just as long as i get the general plot down. I do like to choose the highest quality sub if there are choices though.
TheLaughingMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 22:08   Link #165
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan
My thoughts have pretty much all been expressed. It seems like Meg and the cook seem to have no practical use, other than to amuse us (so far anyway). I don't even understand why Jo made the cook come with her in the first ep.
Anger. She held him responsible for Jo's abduction and wants him to pay back some of the emotional baggage incurred. She's not really a calm person is she
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 22:40   Link #166
TheLaughingMan
Nee-san is...

Send a message via AIM to TheLaughingMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Anger. She held him responsible for Jo's abduction and wants him to pay back some of the emotional baggage incurred. She's not really a calm person is she
You are answering all my ignorant questions today. :P

Was it just me, or did ep3 contain some of those "lesbian overtones" mentioned earlier? More importantly, which one will the cook fall in love with?!

Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2004-04-27 at 22:44. Reason: Back on topic!
TheLaughingMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 12:06   Link #167
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

ep4 is great! Biohazard!

Also noticed that the surname of the "male lead" is actually "standpoint-less", so his full name is "standpoint-less Kyouhei"

And is it just me or the preview to episode 5 looks like Maria-sama ga Miteru?
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 15:43   Link #168
7hor
Full Metal Physicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMerc
Hi has anyone noticed the similarities between BT and EVA??

Rei Ayanami = Joe
Asuka Langley-soryu = Meg
The Chef Guy = Shinji

What do y'all think?
They look similar :P Jo just needs blue hair too
7hor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 15:44   Link #169
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

While there is some slight similarities in the character design (and I do mean slight), there isn't even the slightest similarity in their personality.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 16:49   Link #170
dreamless

I don't understand why people compare the character designs of Jo and Ayanami. There are dozens of other anime characters that's leagues more similar to Ayanami design than Jo.

Besides they all have totally different persoanlities... you can say they are almost at two extremes... especially Jo and Meg vs. Rei and Asuka.
Old 2004-04-30, 01:48   Link #171
H2-FumoGuu
パンツ。。。好き

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I don't understand why people compare the character designs of Jo and Ayanami. There are dozens of other anime characters that's leagues more similar to Ayanami design than Jo.

Besides they all have totally different persoanlities... you can say they are almost at two extremes... especially Jo and Meg vs. Rei and Asuka.
It is just a cheap joke that people are having fun with.

Anyway I know ep 4 hasn't been subbed yet so...
Spoiler:
H2-FumoGuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 22:05   Link #172
ArcHawk
Expand your world...

Episode 4 was pretty interesting. Lots of Meg fan service too. Bloody gore and bouncy chests. What can I say, its a fun diversion

Looks like a lot more of Meg coming up in episode 5 too. I really hope that with all this attention on her character that she starts to mature or show some signs of changing. The helpless bimbo, saved by Jo routine is going to get old fast. At least it looks like with Episode 5, Gonzo are going to keep things ummm...interesting to say the least.

I do want to see Kyouhei developed further as hopefully he gets to interact a bit more than just getting picked up by Sei to go cook then kicked out after he's done. I mean, I know thats his job but still...

And...as usual...I am left wanting a more involved role for Sei than they give us. Hopefully there is an episode or arc down the road with her playing a main role.
ArcHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 23:00   Link #173
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcHawk
And...as usual...I am left wanting a more involved role for Sei than they give us. Hopefully there is an episode or arc down the road with her playing a main role.
I'm definitely sure there'll be one for her and it might even be the main arc. Cause if you read the official site's public data, she's the daughter of the head honcho of White Orchid, the organisation giving these girls the assignments. She has developed split loyalties and is suffering. When they put up descriptions like that, you should know something on that will come up in the series.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 23:16   Link #174
rorosama

So can sei fight? In the opening all she does is drive. They even show meg shooting a gun. Sei must have some combat skills. I'm getting annoyed by meg already. She'll soon be up there with my list of useless annoying characters with sakura from naruto being numero uno.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 00:52   Link #175
dreamless

I guess if she's the daughter of the boss of the crime syndicate Bai-Lan, she should be able to fight... no?
Old 2004-05-01, 00:54   Link #176
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan
More importantly, which one will the cook fall in love with?!
Oh man, plz dun turn this series into another Love Hina-type anime
Btw, this show really resembles NGE with all the similiar looking characters between Baku Ten and NGE; also with all the mech battles except the mech in Baku Ten more looks like the mech from Front Mission game.
Hao Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 02:59   Link #177
BOZZY

Is it just me or does it seem like so far each story arc is self-contained in 2 episodes... I wonder if they are gonna keep that going on for the entire run of the series...
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 11:10   Link #178
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

the cook? who cares about the cook? jo is the only reason I watch the show
Btw is it just me or does Jo and Meg have a "special" relationship? I which they wouldn't do jo/meg episodes all the time. I want to see some sei action too
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 20:53   Link #179
Kiro
chocolate overdose

i didnt like ep4. the action looked, like they snipped a part here and there (especially the part, where meg used a wire to brake that soldiers neck.

perhaps it's because i'm not the biggest fan of mecha action, but is it just me or was the action really boring? it's not that the mechs were animated bad or looked bad but the fighting script was just somehow unspectacular. plus, they really should put more effort into the regular animations. those mechas are fine and all but the normal drawings are really bad sometimes. it's just not so obvious because they cover it up with lots of colors...

that ep didn't entertain me much. it just contained some blood and fanservice. :/ hope, the next eps get better. i'll continue watchning this, because i really like jo's design. (allthough her character doesn't seem that deep to me.)
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 08:54   Link #180
dreamless

episode 5 SOOOOO ROCKS!!! This is definitely becoming one of the best series this season for me! insane fun and insane parody and insane amount of pretty girls and insane shoujo-ai overtone

Can't wait for next week's episode, I want to see more Jo in school uniform!