AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-14, 21:17   Link #641
hirone
SOS ni Youkoso!?

Read the whole prologue (if that's where it's coming from) while we're at it huh? lol
Old 2006-09-14, 21:31   Link #642
-Ajax-
Fanatical Kyon Follower

Send a message via AIM to -Ajax-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theclow
Requesting the part that will tempt him
your Asakura pics make me miss her, she was so cute then again... all the girls are really cute arent they

im dying to see Nagato smile or giggle or something lol ill laugh if Kyon gets more scared of that kind of behaviour than charmed
Old 2006-09-14, 21:33   Link #643
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

The magical word for Snow Mountain to Nagato is "worried."

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-09-14, 22:26   Link #644
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ajax-
your Asakura pics make me miss her, she was so cute then again... all the girls are really cute arent they
I really miss her but IMO I don't think she shoulda left witch (I know I spelled it wrong I'm too tired to spell) is why I hate the idoit(aka Kyon). now I know what your all gonna say "how can you hate kyon instead of nagato she got rid of her" to put it simply to me Kyon is a braindead version of haruhi I don't know why but I just hate him more than nagato I have learned to respect her as a charater ofcourse I don't like her more than ryoko but I respect her, but now I've derailed this topic just ignore me .
Old 2006-09-14, 23:11   Link #645
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Kyon as an idiot? I don't agree on that at all. He has thought of great many insults to his peers that really hurt if you know what he meant. He makes references as deep as collage level student are expected to do in essays in everyday comments.
The only thing that's somewhat dead about him would be passion. Haruhi might be a genius academic wise but Kyon's knowledge of humanities is greater to Koizumi from what I've seen.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-09-14, 23:25   Link #646
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Well, it's hard to tell when Kyon doesn't seem to want to even try to understand anything Koizumi says.

I mean, Kyon can make references, but he seems more well-read than intelligent. Maybe I'm just begrudging him his lack of curiosity... it may be a totally reasonable way to defend himself from the reality he's stuck at the center of, but it makes for less interesting conversations than he could be having.
Old 2006-09-14, 23:35   Link #647
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
Kyon as an idiot? I don't agree on that at all. He has thought of great many insults to his peers that really hurt if you know what he meant. He makes references as deep as collage level student are expected to do in essays in everyday comments.
The only thing that's somewhat dead about him would be passion. Haruhi might be a genius academic wise but Kyon's knowledge of humanities is greater to Koizumi from what I've seen.
Again it's MY OPINION.
Old 2006-09-14, 23:37   Link #648
LCeh

Kyon is always trying to play the normal guy role. Most of the time he try not to get too involved in the situation because he always felt that he would be embarrassed. But as he goes through more things, this merely became an excuse. He actually enjoys doing weird stuff with Haruhi immensely, and he is just trying to lie to himself most of the time that he thinks of Haruhi as an nuisance.
Old 2006-09-14, 23:47   Link #649
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

I don't know why you guys take my opinion so seriously you should treat it like a peice of trash just don't read it if you don't agree with it, again it's my opinion that kyon is a idoit but I will give him this rin(from shuffle) is more stupider then him.
Old 2006-09-14, 23:48   Link #650
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well I guess the right word is wisdom. His mind doesn't tick nearly as fast as Haruhi but he can make a decision, a critical one like no other. Haruhi's intellect is superior with her quick wits but Kyon is there to keep things 'normal' since as his
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyon
experience dictates, however, that even if containment of the gremlin is impossible, as long as you set her on 'vibration mode,' no matter how big a leak she springs up, the leak can be mended.
Which is very annoying if you want to see Haruhi do something drastic, really drastic. Relatively idiotic to Haruhi... in wits yes.

Old 2006-09-14, 23:51   Link #651
hirone
SOS ni Youkoso!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh
Kyon is always trying to play the normal guy role. Most of the time he try not to get too involved in the situation because he always felt that he would be embarrassed. But as he goes through more things, this merely became an excuse. He actually enjoys doing weird stuff with Haruhi immensely, and he is just trying to lie to himself most of the time that he thinks of Haruhi as an nuisance.
Agreed. If anything, should the SOS Dan suddenly disappear, his reactions now would be totally different than the very beginning. He'd probably go back into his self-denial of aliens, time travellers, sliders, espers, and most importantly, he'd miss Haruhi and her... personality.
Old 2006-09-14, 23:56   Link #652
arias

Quote:
Requesting the part that will tempt him
It's

Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-14, 23:59   Link #653
LCeh

Quote:
I don't know why you guys take my opinion so seriously you should treat it like a peice of trash just don't read it if you don't agree with it, again it's my opinion that kyon is a idoit but I will give him this rin(from shuffle) is more stupider then him.
I wasn't really specifically replying to your posts. I just thought I would point out why Kyon acts the way he does. I have no problem with your opinion, it's also a pretty common one. Take no offense, I just thought I should bring up my points since your posts reminded me of them.

Arias, are you referring to

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirone
Agreed. If anything, should the SOS Dan suddenly disappear, his reactions now would be totally different than the very beginning. He'd probably go back into his self-denial of aliens, time travellers, sliders, espers, and most importantly, he'd miss Haruhi and her... personality.
Exactly, and that's what's going to happen in one of the stories.
Old 2006-09-15, 00:03   Link #654
arias

Quote:
Arias, are you referring to

Spoiler:
Nope. That wasn't romantic... XD

I have to clarify, -I- thought the scene was romantic, but it's not necessary that it had any romantic intent by the characters involved..
Old 2006-09-15, 00:05   Link #655
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Nope. That wasn't romantic... XD

I have to clarify, -I- thought the scene was romantic, but it's not necessary that it had any romantic intent by the characters involved..
Now you made me very curious, and I can't recall which scene it was. Do you mind clarifying so I won't keep wondering to death?
Old 2006-09-15, 00:06   Link #656
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
I wasn't really specifically replying to your posts. I just thought I would point out why Kyon acts the way he does. I have no problem with your opinion, it's also a pretty common one. Take no offense, I just thought I should bring up my points since your posts reminded me of them.
They wer'nt geared at you they where geared at the people in a previous time complained at my opinion calling it "retarted" and such. EDIT before you ask panzer not you.
Old 2006-09-15, 00:11   Link #657
hirone
SOS ni Youkoso!?

Quote:
Exactly, and that's what's going to happen in one of the stories.
Could it be... the Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi?! Just taking a wild guess, remember I haven't read it yet so don't go any farther than the yes or no
Old 2006-09-15, 00:13   Link #658
arias

Quote:
Now you made me very curious, and I can't recall which scene it was. Do you mind clarifying so I won't keep wondering to death?
Do I really have to spoil it..? _^_~ Well, I guess since I promised to translate that chapter but haven't done so.. and probably can't do so given my current workload.

The scene was

Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-15, 00:20   Link #659
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Do I really have to spoil it..? _^_~ Well, I guess since I promised to translate that chapter but haven't done so.. and probably can't do so given my current workload.

The scene was

Spoiler:

Ahhh, that's what you were referring to.

As to what happened between Kyon and Yuki

Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-15, 00:21   Link #660
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well comeon! Kyon has been in SOS for not even one year (and that's still at almost a year by end of novel 8, NOT counting the 5 centuries of repeat and all the time travellings). Tanigawa hasn't been giving out aton of 'progress' due to repeatedly backtracking and only started to move out of winter by volume 7...

I am only against using something as strong as 'idiot' to describe Kyon's slower wits comparing to Haruhi, that's all.

Closed Thread