AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-04, 23:20   Link #41
Ridwan

Africans have been getting short end of the stick all the time.
Old 2013-03-04, 23:28   Link #42
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Hmm...what an interesting thread. I’m having a good time reading it ^^.

Btw, if mods won’t close this thread, why not renaming it? The current title doesn’t fit with the content. Maybe a mod can change the title into something related to African race/culture or something .
Old 2013-03-04, 23:33   Link #43
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

I don't mean to attack the OP, but I noticed his only other post is about "90% of anime look the same"

I, myself is no where near an anime fan, and I only come here for manga, Light novel (I do some translating), and some political sparring.

If he really want to promote African culture here, he could just done so and start something like "travel to Africa" or "African politics" like other threads flowing in the general section, but instead, he decide to insinuate the world is Anti-African because it like anime. Which in fact, is a small subculture at best, and I can statistically prove Africans are way better than Asians if American policies and culture are any indication.

So I am calling the OP out to ask what is his agenda.

1) Does he hate the fact anime is popular on a ANIME board. (If so, that is a downright unpopular choice)

2) his belief Asians have a better reception than Africans in America (I think my first thread can tell him NO)

3) or is he generally looking for an anime/manga/LN with a Tribal theme to it? (Then please, fellow anime connessiors step up and give him an example)
Old 2013-03-04, 23:34   Link #44
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Hmm...what an interesting thread. I’m having a good time reading it ^^.

Btw, if mods won’t close this thread, why not renaming it? The current title doesn’t fit with the content. Maybe a mod can change the title into something related to African race/culture or something .
Moderate the tone in OP's post to, and I'm set to participate. I'm pretty much an African-enthusiast myself.
Old 2013-03-05, 00:00   Link #45
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I'm not closing the thread because it's a really strange topic. Technically this is more General Anime than General Discussion, since it's more anime related. Or is it? There's plenty of discussion about race, too. And the OP at least made a post with some thought to it, unlike our usual "lulz, anime sucks" stuff.

On the other hand, what's really to discuss here? I believe that is what I'm hoping to see come from this thread, is something more concrete. There's lots of different opinions here, and I'm not one to shut down discussion unless it's required. But I will, if this topic doesn't improve soon.

So I don't see a point in changing the title, or editing posts, if this is the best that will come from this.
Old 2013-03-05, 00:42   Link #46
Ridwan

I've been always under impression that South East Asians have better eyes when it comes to East Asians then westerners. We fankuis know which are the better amoys.
Old 2013-03-13, 17:03   Link #47
mican

Location: Somewhere in a distant patch of green staring into the luminous starry sky.
Quote:
Originally posted by Solace: On the other hand, what's really to discuss here? I believe that is what I'm hoping to see come from this thread, is something more concrete. There's lots of different opinions here, and I'm not one to shut down discussion unless it's required. But I will, if this topic doesn't improve soon.
With all due respect, the purpose of this thread was for a person to ease the apprehension he felt regarding the thoughts others had about racial tension using anime as a relative point to define a irrelevant topic ( with regards to anime that is ). I believe that the OP has come to a conclusion by now.

Edit: oops, didn't check the date. Figured that since this thread hasn't been closed yet, the latter posts were recent. My bad. Well, time to say bye to this thread.
Old 2013-03-13, 20:09   Link #48
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

*slow clap*

Yeah, it's time to close this.