AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 15 14.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 10.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 19.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 14.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 14.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 9.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.83%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 3.77%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 3.77%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 7.55%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-22, 03:13   Link #61
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
You're not alone

As an anime only viewer,I need to know if I really get this:an episode where the main cast fight an anime staff so that they don't change a LN into something completely different is itself completely different from the LN it came from?

Pretty ironic if that's the case
The trouble is that they have tried to keep Kyousuke's development, whereby he starts to understand the value of hard work.

What happened in the novel is that
Spoiler for novel spoiler:
This was, I think, meant to be quite an important turning point for Kyousuke. In trying to apply Kyousuke's realisations and actions in the novel to this situation, they've only thrown more wood into the fire for people who don't like Kirino. I'll be honest - her 3 minute fangirling at the first meeting p***ed me right off, but I'm probably going to ignore this episode wrt to Kirino, because that definitely wasn't what the original creator intended. It's a serious misstep for the show, but hopefully they'll be able to do better over the next few episodes.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-11-22 at 03:25.
Old 2010-11-22, 03:17   Link #62
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

And considering this ep was all about anime production...
Old 2010-11-22, 03:27   Link #63
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Spidey senses are tingling, rage is going to explode on these forums next episode
Old 2010-11-22, 03:53   Link #64
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Well that was a bit different, I enjoyed most of Kirino's rambling excitedly for her anime and Kuroneko's speak was just win best part of the episodes, while Kyousuke was uh... not quite so good. Also I am surprised no1 else commented on this, but judging by the way Kuroneko talked to Kyousuke at the end, I get the feeling she doesn't have a good relationship with her Imouto either. Overall I gave this episode a 6.5, it was different than most of the others, but not terrible though a bit lacking I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
Pretty good in fleshing out the personalities of the characters here. Though the LN readers may be disappointed. Ironically, the episode is about her "Novel" getting a different adaptation. Same happened in adapting the original LN.
This clearly why the OP for the series is named "Irony" , obivously planned by the staff to joke about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
That was the one request that definitely stood out as outlandish to me. I mean 52 op's? Really lol? "Sure! Just let me talk to our producers and I'm sure we can pull out a wad of cash from thin air!"
In her defense Lucky Star pulled off 26 different EDs, so it's not something that is completely unheard and this show has a different ED each episode too, so I don't think asking for 26 OP/ED is that absurd, or at least pulling off 26 OPs, while keeping the ED more constant as an unreasonable.
MAL
Old 2010-11-22, 04:00   Link #65
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Everything that's been said about this episode has been said before (including the awesomeness that is Kuroneko ) so, lemme just say one thing...

When are they making the Justeen anime?

*RUNS*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2010-11-22, 04:44   Link #66
D-Gold
Aurum

So much Kirino hate.

I guess I am one of the people who doesn't hate her I just like other characters a more.

I think the reason I don't hate her is because i view the series like this. I would rather have Kirino than a nicer little sister or generic little sister type. It seems like she makes the story more interesting and even though people hate her people are still interested in the series.

On to the episode itself I have not read the light novels(cant find translations for vol 2-7;-; but I did read a summary for vol 7 ) so I cant compare it to the source material but in-spite of that I found the episode to be ok. I have read some comments about how it would have been better if Kyousuke didn't baby her and how this event would have helped in Kirino character development ,but I think the trio going to the company was more enjoyable. One thing I did dislike about the episode is that I think the confrontation with Kyou and the staff could have been handled better. I understand the Kyou is pretty much a noob to the anime business so I wasn't expecting like a great debate or anything but it seems like he didn't plan for the meeting at all. I also find Kyousuke argument weak about how if you don't do this my poor sister will be heartbroken and she worked so hard blah blah blah. I agree with the committee with this one,this is business. If the company is not making money why should we bother with you. I remember reading some pages back how a user said it would have been better if Kyousuke had brought up how if they change too much the audience who like the LN would be upset and use the book sales to back him up. I agree with this and maybe if the trio planned they could have thought of that too. Now for the best part about the episode for me Kuroneko speech. If you can't tell from my sig and avatar Kuroneko is one of my favorite characters in the show. The fact that she has more screen time is already a plus for the episode in my eyes. I can't really don't have anything bad to say about it. It is nice to see Kuroneko make a heroic like scene. I also hear that her speech was handled better in the LN so I guess I will need to try harder to find a translation for it now to see for myself. I also found it funny at the end of the episode when Kuroneko asked if Kyou was a siscon or a masochist.
Old 2010-11-22, 04:52   Link #67
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
did anyone else notice how good the quality of the anime in anime mecha animations in this ep despite all that random stuff happened?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2010-11-22, 05:35   Link #68
Kamonichan

I actually felt bad for Kirino, watching her get all excited in the first meeting, and then, the other shoe drops. Seeing her youthful enthusiasm take a blow from that actually made me forget the rage I felt from ep. 7. Then KuroNeko saves the day, and shows a little interest in Kyousuke at the end. All in all, a good episode.
Old 2010-11-22, 06:13   Link #69
Hoodspirit

As LN reader I am shocked how they ripped the important scenes apart and restructered them in unfitting places. Instead of ongoing development we have a static "monster of the week" episode.
They totally mess up Kureneko, she is not my favourite character, but she gets shafted pretty bad in this anime port <.<
Spoiler for LN - Anime differents of Kureneko development (timeline wise everything should have happened by now, but missing/changed scenes might be placed in a later episode so own risk of reading this spoiler:

Spoiler for Do not open if you didn't open first spoiler: After-effects of left out/replaced scenes unfittingly. (time-line wise these events should have happened allready):

I hope they will not create anymore fillers in this show <.< they left too many details out and recutted the scenes badly just to waste precious airtime now.Both Anime watchers and LN readers will not be happy about the whole character development being left out.
Old 2010-11-22, 06:27   Link #70
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post

This clearly why the OP for the series is named "Irony" , obivously planned by the staff to joke about this.

My mind is blown.
Old 2010-11-22, 06:32   Link #71
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Well IMO that part with the novel change really can't be helped since the original was a subtle jab at an actual plagiarism incident at Dengeki and they would not be comfortable with that.

One thing that has miffed me is Saori, she is definitely that most mature and level headed of the group yet in both cases she just sat there.
Old 2010-11-22, 06:33   Link #72
aeromono

This whole Kirino getting an anime thing is ridiculous. (Well that is if you don't already consider Kirino's existence ridiculous). The guy in the turtleneck and Kuroneko are the rational beings put into this bizarre world where Kirino's obvious self-insert fic (the kind that 1 million fangirls put on the internet every day) is a best-seller.
Perhaps this is supposed to be a deliberate reference to Twilight. Or a parody of the anime itself. Like, how the most 'stupid' novels would defy expectations and become hugely successful, and others (Kuroneko, guy in turtleneck, the real life studio that animates this) would have to live with it. That would be DEEP. Viewers are morons vibes also abound in this episode.

If I, the viewer, were supposed to relate to Kyousuke, Kuroneko, and the guy in the turtleneck, it would mean whoever hates Kirino is actually envious of her success in this bizarro world. As if she being an obvious otaku-pandering object isn't already enough, they're trying to tell people "Ye mad just cause she's styling on ya"... Respect, people, does the story intend to make my respect for this girl hit rock bottom ?
Old 2010-11-22, 06:46   Link #73
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Once again, Kuroneko saved the episode. 7/10 just for her speech (without it, 4/10 I guess?). She is absolutely right: Kirino needs to be kicked down once in a while, it's no good for things to go her way all the time (both from a character development and story standpoint).

Honestly, I'm starting to think Kyousuke is the real problem here. It's good to protect your sister but he's going way overboard. He could have at least rubbed the fact it's thanks to him the anime staff listened to Kirino's input on her face (that's what brothers are also supposed to do!), but noooooo, it's better to keep her completely in the dark and shelter her from the rest of the evil society. He's suppressing Kirino's character growth, all the while making the show even more uninteresting for us to watch. I'm not the only one who thinks this episode would have been a whole lot more interesting and entertaning if Kirino had had to face and overcome her problems by herself (with a little help from her friends), am I?
Old 2010-11-22, 07:03   Link #74
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
this is getting tedious.
where i was totally into this show up to ep 3 (the aniki part was beyond awesome) this is now fallen well past the point where it was my 1# most expected show.
its just getting too damn absurd, and no progress or character development is being made.
Kirino is an annoying, ungrateful brat, with no character growth and no very few redeeming qualities.
she's little miss perfect in school, a professional model, and now a successful writer, which raises her well past the point where she's some i can relate to.
she's like Haruhi suzumiya, only without the interesting parts
and i feel very little sympathy for her, partly because she's already been show willing to throw both her brother and her friends under a bus, and partly because her problems are either too mandane (getting into a fight with her BFF), or too absurd (such as this episode).

Kyosuke seems to be able to solve any problem in the world with a heart warming speech.
a fact that was awesome when used on their dad, and less so when used on Kirino's BFF, and completely absurd when used on professional businessmen.
and while his "she's my sister, so i have to help her" attitude was interesting at first, its grown past the "my sisters keeper" and into "my sisters doormat"

i really AM hoping that this pattern is going to end soon.
i was totally into this show at first, and i actually do like the characters (even Kirino at times) but the show is losing its charm.
Old 2010-11-22, 07:43   Link #75
Godslayer
人間・失格

Oreimo ep8 director: "Hey let's make an anime original episode centered around the anime industry learning that it's not good to mess with source material."

Lol the irony,this has got to be the most self-contradictory episode of anime ever.
Old 2010-11-22, 07:57   Link #76
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Annoying episode. Ridiculous yes.
Guys , this episode feels like that Kirino can do anything that she wants... seriously , you really think that the director & cie will still adapt all the manga like this , specially after those horrible argument/act ...
And Kyousuke , there's no progress at all , "Cuz i'm his brother" x10 , repetetive. This is not an answer. We still don't know about his project on futur etc.... he's like a pawn , used when we need him..

Kuroneko stole the show. I think that her being the main lead would be better at this point..

I agree too that the beginning was interesting but until now , the show keeps getting down...

Btw , the robot animation on the screen was very nice , i was more focused on it than the blabla.

Frankly talking , this show take down the otaku.

And of course , they are keeping the past relation Kyousuke/Kirino for the end.
Old 2010-11-22, 08:48   Link #77
roankun
Tsundere Lover

This would be my third time not practically squealing over a new episode. Started with Ep 6, when they went with Manami, but that had cute Kirino moments so that was fine.

Ep 7, rushed much? -_- I haven't read the light novel, but I've listened to the drama cd. Drama Cd ver>Anime ver. And the second part was a bit out of whack. I was never into Kirino writing fanfiction anyway. (Well, it's not fanfiction now...)

Ep 8. No. Just no. I love Kirino. And I love Taketatsu Ayana's horrible voice. But I didn't like fangirl-whatever she did in the first few minutes. I'm 15, and a major otaku, but I'm not stupid enough to think that an anime studio could bend to my every want. Kuroneko was fine. Kyousuke... not so. The only thing that made this ep for me was that "Must be nice" line by Ruri at the end.

Ep 8 is about an anime studio butchering the source by adding original content. So what happened with this episode?
Old 2010-11-22, 09:04   Link #78
keroro gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Annoying episode. Ridiculous yes.
Guys , this episode feels like that Kirino can do anything that she wants... seriously , you really think that the director & cie will still adapt all the manga like this , specially after those horrible argument/act ...
And Kyousuke , there's no progress at all , "Cuz i'm his brother" x10 , repetetive. This is not an answer. We still don't know about his project on futur etc.... he's like a pawn , used when we need him..

Kuroneko stole the show. I think that her being the main lead would be better at this point..

I agree too that the beginning was interesting but until now , the show keeps getting down...

Btw , the robot animation on the screen was very nice , i was more focused on it than the blabla.

Frankly talking , this show take down the otaku.

And of course , they are keeping the past relation Kyousuke/Kirino for the end.
Now Kuroneko is like a main heroine, I love her character so much....
She is the best friend ever!!! She is so jealous to Kirino, because her big efforts is easily denied!!! Poor Kuroneko... But she fought for Kirino in meeting!!! She is cute & special character for me. I believe now this show exist for Kuroneko,not Kirino. I hate selfish girls,like Kirino. I love sweet but not smart girls,like Kuroneko.

And listening Kuroneko's last words in this ep, she said I am jealous (to Kirino about Kyousuke)... I guess Kuroneko start to love Kyousuke.
Anyway,Kuroneko in this ep 10/10. But many guys pointing out this show is takin down is completely right! Same patern,Same Kyousuke's help for Kirino even he did Dogeza, which is the most shameful action in Japan. Huuu, its boring for me.
I am lookin foward to see Kuroneko in next ep,but I am not expect much more to this series in coming episodes.
Old 2010-11-22, 09:12   Link #79
Undertaker

I was hoping the episode won't end up this way but it did.

The problem I have with this episode is that the episode is bill as an original work but it ends up as a "wannabe" (yes it's a pun from the LN)

I don't have problem with original works. What I do have problem is that instead of rewrite the dialogues and scenes for Kyosuke and Kuroneko for the confrontation, they decided to keep the respective scenes and majority of dialogs and adds Saori into mix. As result, the confrontation looks awkward and illogical.

The scenes espicially looks bad for Kyosuke. In LN, and so far in the anime, whenever Kyosuke goes and defend Kirino or arguing for her, he always has facts and somewhat logical argument with him. But in this episode, his begging scene makes him looks like a drama queen that is all emotional and zero common sense. The reason why this happens is percislt because they changed everything else in this episode but somehow decided to keep the begging theme and Kuroneko's lecture. While Kuroneko's line still fit somewhat (though still awkward) Kyosuke's action is just baffling without the original content and it actually destroys a bit of his identity and character.

And while I don't like Kirino (even in LN). I have to say her character got further destroyed in this episode and being shown as an drama queen brat and all her good points were taken away.

Since the arc is closed and other has already mentioned original conflic in LN, here's a more detailed summary on what was supposed to happen based on LN for all who are intrested for comparison:

Spoiler for Detailed summery for the LN event to be compare with Anime:

Base on the title, next episode seem to jump directly to the end of volume 4 as expected, as volume 4 does not have a central plot.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2010-11-22 at 11:39.
Old 2010-11-22, 09:22   Link #80
keroro gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I was hoping the episode won't end up this way but it did.

The problem I have with this episode is that the episode is bill as an original work but it ends up as a "wannabe" (yes it's a pun from the LN)

I don't have problem with original works. What I do have problem is that instead of rewrite the dialogues for Kyosuke and Kuroneko for the confrontation, they decided to keep the dialouge and adds Saori into mix. As result, the confrontation looks awkward and illogical.

The scenes espicially looks bad for Kyosuke. In LN, and so far in the anime, whenever Kyosuke goes and defend Kirino or arguing for her, he always has facts and somewhat logical argument with him. But in this episode, his begging scene makes him looks like a drama queen that is all emotional and zero common sense. The reason why this happens is percislt because they changed everything else in this episode but somehow decided to keep the begging theme and Kuroneko's lecture. While Kuroneko's line still fit somewhat (though still awkward) Kyosuke's action is just baffling without the original content and it actually destroys a bit of his identity and character.

And while I don't like Kirino (even in LN). I have to say her character got further destroyed in this episode and being shown as an drama queen brat and all her good points were taken away.

Since the arc is closed and other has already mentioned original conflic in LN, here a a more detailed summary on what was supposed to happen based on LN:

Spoiler for Detailed summery for the LN event to be compare with Anime:

Base on the title, next episode seem to jump directly to the end of volume 4 as expected, as volume 4 does not have a central plot.
Now,I decided to read LN reading your post. I have not read LN & manga of this series. But i felt this anime didnt scribe enough about each character,didnt develop each characters depth. I shoul read LN...