AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-03, 05:45   Link #841
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
even if he is not a swordsman by nature he is still using ascalon in a different manner like in his earlier fight with Vali and his recent fights, he's been using the properties of the ascalon in his boosted gear and not by erecting the sword itself and use it the way Kiba or Xenovia used it...
Not denying that, but the point is that upping the power is what is unnecessary. Ascalon is easily in the top 10 of all holy swords without even using boost on it. It has no lack of power so why would he need to get it upgraded? The only thing that keeps Ise from doing more with it is his skill level.

Durandal was a different case.
Old 2013-03-03, 09:08   Link #842
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Now that you mention it... isn't it best to have Ophis mentor him? After all the mana did came from her/him...
Well, considering how her / his character been portrayed so far ... I have doubts that Ophis can be a good mentor for Ise.

After all, it's pretty much unknown if she / he has some knowledge about the true extent of her power, since - apart from trying to blast her enemy into oblivion + maybe some few, pretty basic techniques - I don't see her doing anything else with her powers.

At least that's the impression, I got about Ophis, so far... in other words, for him / her to become a good mentor for Ise - I think that she / he needs to mature a little bit...
Old 2013-03-04, 06:06   Link #843
J4n1

Outside the upgrade discussion, anyone else feel that the writer has gone way too heavy on fanservice vs story?
Only read 13 books and reading 14th now.
Or trying to, got to part where
Spoiler:
shows up and the whole thing with
Spoiler:
just makes me want to drop the whole book.
Probably shouldn't complain, not every story can be tailor made for me afterall, but after the Oppai dragon and Switch princess came out whole thing started going downhill for me (with occasional high points though).
The high point in the series (for me) was when Juggernaut mode appeared for the first time, and to lesser extent, the Rating game against the guy (whose name i can't remember) with the sentient gear, but other than that the fanservice has taken too much of a center stage at the cost of the story.

Also, anyone else confused by the cosmology in this series?
First we had devils and angels, then we had fallen angels, all well and good, and then randomly we got Odin tacked in and nobody batted an eyelid or gave any kind of explanation.
Old 2013-03-04, 08:47   Link #844
dametsuna

@j4n1
Don't forgat about the most important dragon. There are also youkais, vampires, heroes, magicians, breast god? and Mil-tan?!

I think that the first thing Ise need to learn is fly with wings. Don't you think that he always uses the jet booster of his armor to fly? After learning how to fly with wings, he can dragonifies his back to grow dragon wings and uses them to fly.
Old 2013-03-04, 09:51   Link #845
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dametsuna View Post
@j4n1
Don't forgat about the most important dragon. There are also youkais, vampires, heroes, magicians, breast god? and Mil-tan?!

I think that the first thing Ise need to learn is fly with wings. Don't you think that he always uses the jet booster of his armor to fly? After learning how to fly with wings, he can dragonifies his back to grow dragon wings and uses them to fly.
Youkais, vampires, heroes and magicians fit into pretty much any mythology with little to no explanation, Breast god is kinda weird but as a one of gag (or even a running gag) no problem (as long as it does not become huge/central part of the plot), and Mil-tan, well, weird people exist, and in a world where people summon devils, there is no reason why weird people would not summon devils.

And yeah, the booster thing is weird, but did not mention it as i've pretty much accepted that japanese will add clearly mechanical things into their otherwise biological/magical/mythological stuff for little to no reason whatsoever (ie. the finishing move from great red, why a cannon? why not just use a magical spell or a breath weapon?).
Personally, i'd just skipped the whole armor thing and had Ise turn into a dragon (small, humanoid dragon, with wings, but still a dragon), not had booster and used wings/magic, but whatever.
Old 2013-03-08, 15:35   Link #846
Grave_digger

Did you all read highschool dxd manga ? in chapter 23 manga Kiryuu breast is BIG !!! very different from LN. did the author didn't confirm it first with mangaka or what ? if kiryyu oppai is that big,i'm sure ise cannot be not interested in kiryuu. (bit OOT coz there are no manga thread ).

fighting with armor is cool you know,with each blow armor will shatter into pieces (ise vs sairaorg or vali).futhermore he already reached BB without delay so he will not sit back and give boost for his allies from behind anymore (he can still do it in BB form ).Great red didn't give the finishing move, ise already used it in juggernaut drive form in volume 7,great red only served as batteries and activation in volume 12. as for why is it cannon ? coz it' the most destructive and more focused !!! breath attack = flamethrower (not tanninim,and i doubt the mouth part of the armor can be opened ), cannon = cannon of course , magic attack = ise magical power is low. same with wings, booster = rocket (you can fly to the space ) obviously faster ( it depends on skills though).

it probably because when mechanical break there is no blood and flesh coming from it ( so it not too bloody) but yes i can agree with you on this.

Ise still can't fly with his bat wings ? well since it never mentioned he can fly it must be true but how about xenovia and asia ?

Last edited by Grave_digger; 2013-03-08 at 16:08.
Old 2013-03-13, 10:25   Link #847
Somethindarker
Super Senior Elder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post

Because I want to comment on it, I'll revive the Grayfia x Ise thought. Even though it's impossible to add her to Ise's official harem, there is the option of the "occasional affair" or "local squeeze" that they could exploit. The only requirement is to get them alone together for a fair amount of time, and to get some alcohol into Grayfia to loosen her inhibitions a bit, and of course a mutual agreement to NOT tell Sirsects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadnis View Post
I totally agree with you , i do think even without alcohol Grayfia like Ise , the alcohol only , allow her to admit it though .. "you can't blame everything on the drink but on the drinker" so i say .. she had to have some attraction for him in order to even go this far regardless...
i'm 100% certain that grayfia will not join his harem. she is the responsible one of the family, she handles the finances, schedules and pretty much everything for the gremory/mao. plus she has a kid with sirzechs. imo it's just playful flirting and some minor attraction but no more fom there. the thing about ise and vali is that they're SG attract women to them, add the fact ise's straight forward and protective personality, of course any woman will fall for them. its a given that grayfia finds him cute. just don't go formulating and rationalizing how grayfia will join his harem just cuz she's hot.
Old 2013-03-13, 21:11   Link #848
sky black swordman

Grayfia will never join Issei harem. The best fans could hope is Grayfia teasing Rias with the possibility that she will steal issei from her. Sirzech's will most likely be ok with the Grayfia's teasing, hell he may ask her to do it so he can take pictures of Rias's facial expressions.
Old 2013-03-14, 02:25   Link #849
Somethindarker
Super Senior Elder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Grayfia will never join Issei harem. The best fans could hope is Grayfia teasing Rias with the possibility that she will steal issei from her. Sirzech's will most likely be ok with the Grayfia's teasing, hell he may ask her to do it so he can take pictures of Rias's facial expressions.
she already did that. in the trip to the onsen short. it was pretty funny but that's about all people could hope for from grayfia.
Old 2013-03-14, 05:03   Link #850
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethindarker View Post
she already did that. in the trip to the onsen short. it was pretty funny but that's about all people could hope for from grayfia.
I am aware of this. What I was saying was, "That readers who hope and think Grayfia will join Issei harem, it's not going to happen. The best you could hope for is Grayfia doing what she did in the Onsen SS again or something akin to that".
Old 2013-03-14, 06:14   Link #851
blade82

and what about Sona kaichou?
Old 2013-03-14, 08:00   Link #852
Newhope

Quote:
I don't think it'd happen but I'd never say never, it would depend on Sirzechs getting killed though.
Old 2013-03-14, 08:17   Link #853
lilNewBlood
Dragon Of Dragons

It seems that some of you want Ise to get every single girl in the story....including stealing someone's crush or wife....that would really spoil the story

Grayfia did the stuff in the SS was because she had a younger brother who she loves deeply and she lost him in the devil government revolution.....that created a hole in her heart and Ise happen to become a younger brother figure to her. Even though Ise cant substitute her younger brother, she could at least shower Ise with sisterly love to ease that hole a little. It is also a foreshadowing that Grayfia's little brother will appear soon who true enough really did in Vol 14. I can see lots of drama and tears depending on how the author put it across....

As for Kaichou, since Ise is Rias's lover and he has gained enough respect, she sees Ise as an equal with Rias which arises to calling of each other's first name.

Last edited by lilNewBlood; 2013-03-15 at 11:42.
Old 2013-03-14, 20:38   Link #854
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
and what about Sona kaichou?
As far as Sona is concerned she will (according to Shinra) not fall as easily as the other girls have. Whether she falls for Issei or not has yet to be seen. There hints(or things that look like them) that suggest she may fall for Issei, however, none of them are very conclusive.
Even if she does, Issei most likely will not be able to return her feelings for various reasons. One of the most important reason is the fact that his friend Saji loves her. Ise knows this fullly well, will never make move on her because of this. Issei seems to supports Saji's love for Sona and on occasion gave Sona his suggestion on Saji being a possible boyfriend candidate for her, one she reject for her own personal reasons.
Old 2013-03-14, 21:16   Link #855
shadow1296

Quote:
As far as Sona is concerned she will (according to Shinra) not fall as easily as the other girls have. Whether she falls for Issei or not has yet to be seen. There hints(or things that look like them) that suggest she may fall for Issei, however, none of them are very conclusive.
Even if she does, Issei most likely will not be able to return her feelings for various reasons. One of the most important reason is the fact that his friend Saji loves her. Ise knows this fullly well, will never make move on her because of this. Issei seems to supports Saji's love for Sona and on occasion gave Sona his suggestion on Saji being a possible boyfriend candidate for her, one she reject for her own personal reasons.
another thing id like point out is that sona doesn't seem like the type of girl that would fall for someone who isn't on equal footing with her, nothing against saji but sona might always see as a subordinate and a little brother not someone she would have romantic feelings, but issei on the other hand has proven himself ten times over and she respects him as an equal but if she does develop feelings for him or already does have the she probably will never how them openly because she respects her friendship with rias. but you never know with this story
Old 2013-03-14, 22:52   Link #856
n0m@n
C-Z

For Grayfia, lets just have Sirzechs dies off in the battle. Then Grayfia will be single.

About Sona.... There was short story where it showed a few lines about Sona and Rias being a kid. She would take Rias's doll, and the child Rias was saying that child Sona has the habbit of wanting other peoples belongings.

And we see in volume 14 how Sona gave the call to Ise before he went to fight Grendel.

Though, I perosnally dont want anymore increase in girls since it will get out of hand in terms of story. The best number of girls in a harem in a story is 3 to 4. Well, that's how I feel personally.
Old 2013-03-15, 00:49   Link #857
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Wow, Chibi Sona has habit of wanting other peoples belongings. I dont know Sona has such habit like that?
is that hint or something?
now i wonder if she still had that habit?
Like she want Ise as her boyfriend since Ise is Rias`s boyfriend
Old 2013-03-15, 02:43   Link #858
NeutralZero

Is there an image of a chibi Sona in that SS?
Old 2013-03-15, 02:52   Link #859
n0m@n
C-Z

Nope. Just chibi Rias which is already out there.
Old 2013-03-15, 02:53   Link #860
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

N0m, which ss is that?

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life