Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-07-30, 10:43   Link #5041
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
So finally confirmed Alluka is female? After all Killua insists on the female Butler (Canary) as company for that very reason.
Nope. This was the hint I was talking about a couple weeks ago. It didn't make into the anime, as expected.

Spoiler for manga version:

But none of that matters. The only thing important is that Alluka is super cute.
Old 2014-07-30, 14:01   Link #5042
revive4563

I haven't read manga but now, I agree with Kanon.
That bracket suggests that Killua argues "we should treat Alluka as a girl. "
This means that Alluka is biologically boy.

And yes. This isn't the matter.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 16:35   Link #5043
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I like Leorio's role in this ep.

First as a baby Hunter to contrast with the veteran Morel. We didn't really see that much of that with Gon and Killua, since they're so gifted.

And of course, there was the confrontation with Ging.

Though I do wonder about the audience's reaction. They're all Hunters, top fighters and nen users. There was no need for them to look so surprised.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 17:32   Link #5044
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

They weren't surprised at how he did it, they're surprised at WHAT he did (punching Ging in the face).
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 19:14   Link #5045
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
many old anime didnt change anything like slam dunk, flame of recca, and especially togashi's other work yuyu hakusho exactly like hxh, same opening, different animation
Actually, Slam Dunk had two openings (and four EDs), and Flame of Recca had only 42 episodes. Shows that go up to 50 episodes using the same OP aren't that unusual even these days (Pretty Cure, for instance).
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 02:50   Link #5046
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Actually, Slam Dunk had two openings (and four EDs), and Flame of Recca had only 42 episodes. Shows that go up to 50 episodes using the same OP aren't that unusual even these days (Pretty Cure, for instance).
Pretty cure change the OP at least once these days, sometimes more than that. Sometimes it's subtle (in Suite, for example, each time a new Cure was added they added a new chord to the original OP), sometimes it's not.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 04:54   Link #5047
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I really don't see why this is turning into such a long discussion. It's just a piece of music slapped behind some demonstration of the characters and maybe a little explanation of what the show is about. It doesn't really add anything to the show anyway so what does it even matter that they haven't changed the music at all?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 06:40   Link #5048
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
They weren't surprised at how he did it, they're surprised at WHAT he did (punching Ging in the face).
Yeah, that took guts.
Old 2014-07-31, 10:30   Link #5049
hamazura
whatever

the last mission movie is very WOW!...... very bad.
better than movie 1... still bad.
Old 2014-08-01, 07:27   Link #5050
SHINOBI-03

Spoiler for The Last Mission:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 09:50   Link #5051
Funkatron
Highly irregular

First 100 episodes of Hunter x Hunter 2011 are now on Netflix: http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70300472
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 02:14   Link #5052
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

@ep140 -Well if noting else Leorio's voice-actor made up for 100 offscreen episodes in one vocal vomit...
Old 2014-08-03, 07:50   Link #5053
SHINOBI-03

Going on a tangent with the whole Alluka debacle, how would refer current Kite? We all know he was male and now he's in a female body. Does that mean Kite is now female despite his male psyche?
Old 2014-08-03, 11:19   Link #5054
Suryce

Like with Alluka, that depends entirely on Kite himself and how he feels about his gender. The correct pronouns to use for someone is always the ones they use for themself, so we would have to wait to see how Kite calls himself. Personally, I'm just using male pronouns by default and because I'm assuming his gender identity hasn't changed until proven otherwise, but I guess the safest option at this point would be to use "they".
Suryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 06:46   Link #5055
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Wow - Hunter X Hunter breaks into the weekly ratings Top 10 despite the 1:30 AM time slot! When was the last time an anime did that?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 07:23   Link #5056
Ryuga

I think I heard Kite use a feminine pronoun when Morel was talking to Colt on the phone, but I'm not too sure.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 08:54   Link #5057
Maxulous
mono no aware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Wow - Hunter X Hunter breaks into the weekly ratings Top 10 despite the 1:30 AM time slot! When was the last time an anime did that?
Moshidora managed it with 4.3, May 3 2011, and later that year Gyakkyō Burai Kaiji: Hakairoku-hen on July 19 2011. The latter also being a Tuesday night Madhouse show.

Big win for team HxH.
Maxulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 11:09   Link #5058
SHINOBI-03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
I think I heard Kite use a feminine pronoun when Morel was talking to Colt on the phone, but I'm not too sure.
New Kite used "Atashi" (あたし) which is an informal female pronoun and rarely used by males and it's considered girlish but also cute.

We will have to wait till we hear it more before I give a verdict.
Old 2014-08-04, 11:35   Link #5059
Ryuga

So I wasn't just hearing things haha, thanks for clarifying Shinobi.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 11:50   Link #5060
SHINOBI-03

All this discussion about ambiguously gendered characters made me realize something...

This all feels like Togashi's way of saying "Don't look at gender, look at the characters themselves and what they do." Togashi is basically saying it doesn't matter if a character is man or a woman. If it's good when it's good and if it's bad when it's bad.

And it's also a way to run about the cliched "Hero Male with Useless female". Togashi gave us some good female characters who look weak but turn out to be quite powerful and in contrast made some lame @$$ed males despite their powerful hype and it's usually the opposite in a generic shonen series where they make females basically the cheerleaders or not as useful as male characters. And also gave us characters that are considered strong and powerful without really deciding what gender they are. Should we care if Pitou was male or female? It was wonderful character to the already wonderful library of characters here. Same with Alluka now. Boy? Girl? It doesn't matter. This thing can EFF you up if you're not careful with it.

Tags
action, shounen