AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-11, 22:41   Link #161
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
The cradle, on the other hand, was a battleship designed for combat. Big difference.
That's right, and one of it's combat equipment is the AMF. I still believe it contributes greatly in preventing teleportation attacks.

Quote:
Speed of plot.
Well I've suspected much, however...

Quote:
If it's not light, it's sufficiently fast to prevent most dodging. I'd say that, on average, it's at least as fast as a gun shot, or an arrow.
...a hypervelocity round I can believe, but an arrow? I doubt it.
Old 2011-02-11, 22:53   Link #162
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
...a hypervelocity round I can believe, but an arrow? I doubt it.
There are many different spells, some faster than others. Arrows are sufficient to hit someone from a decent distance, but also give someone quick and nimble enough the ability to dodge.

One of my hobbies is archery, there is a bit of difference in speed depending on the type of bow you use, but overall, not many people can dodge an arrow.
Old 2011-02-11, 23:10   Link #163
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
There are many different spells, some faster than others. Arrows are sufficient to hit someone from a decent distance, but also give someone quick and nimble enough the ability to dodge.

One of my hobbies is archery, there is a bit of difference in speed depending on the type of bow you use, but overall, not many people can dodge an arrow.
I was asking about Nanohaverse beam attacks; Divine Buster, Starlight Breaker and the like. It's pretty obvious that Axel Shooters move as fast or slow as Nanoha controls them in-flight.

Just for fun: Recently I'm thinking if Nanohaverse offensive spells can be divided into two categories: Anti-Army (for fighting large number of mooks) and Anti-Hero (for fighting an enemy champion). Any opinions?

Last edited by Tiresias; 2011-02-11 at 23:55.
Old 2011-02-12, 00:11   Link #164
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
I was asking about Nanohaverse beam attacks; Divine Buster, Starlight Breaker and the like. It's pretty obvious that Axel Shooters move as fast or slow as Nanoha controls them in-flight.
Hard to say. On one hand, Yuuno teaches Nanoha about binding an opponent to hit them with a big attack, suggesting that spells like Starlight Breaker are slow enough that someone could dodge. On the other, spells like Divine Buster travel fast enough to hit an opponent some distance away without giving them a chance to dodge.
Old 2011-02-12, 04:13   Link #165
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Just for fun: Recently I'm thinking if Nanohaverse offensive spells can be divided into two categories: Anti-Army (for fighting large number of mooks) and Anti-Hero (for fighting an enemy champion). Any opinions?
I think spells are so adaptable that they can be interchangeable. Make Divine Buster big enough, it would hit a large area meaning hitting more people. But compress it into something smaller, then logically it should have greater speed and penetrating power... Logically. Same thing with [Axel Shooter], you can make alot of bullets, or you can concentrate into one powerful shot.

My opinion, we can simplify all the range attacks to be either 'beams' or 'bolts'. If magic isn't affected by physics, then changing their shapes is kinda redundant essentially [Axel Shooter], [Plasma Lance], [Stinger Blade] is all the same type of range attack. It's funny how they give so many names for the beam cannon attacks of different characters when it's pretty much just Divine Buster - My edition.

EDIT: Ah, there's another type, the 'Bomb' type, like [Diabolic Emission], instead of a spell originating from you, you can cast it at a location away from you. Air Mages should learn to do a rapid version of this spell in dog fights.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-02-12 at 04:25.
Old 2011-02-13, 08:02   Link #166
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Hard to say. On one hand, Yuuno teaches Nanoha about binding an opponent to hit them with a big attack, suggesting that spells like Starlight Breaker are slow enough that someone could dodge. On the other, spells like Divine Buster travel fast enough to hit an opponent some distance away without giving them a chance to dodge.
Isn't the thing about SLB the casting time, not the speed of the actual shot?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2011-02-13, 11:43   Link #167
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Isn't the thing about SLB the casting time, not the speed of the actual shot?
There is that possibility, too. But consider what Nanoha and Fate did when Reinforce charged up. It seems to indicate that the charge-up isn't that bad, but more making sure the target can be hit. In almost every instance, it hasn't taken Nanoha too long to charge-up (except when injured at the start of A's).
Old 2011-02-13, 13:01   Link #168
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
There is that possibility, too. But consider what Nanoha and Fate did when Reinforce charged up. It seems to indicate that the charge-up isn't that bad, but more making sure the target can be hit. In almost every instance, it hasn't taken Nanoha too long to charge-up (except when injured at the start of A's).
Wait...not following. As soon as Rein started charging SLB, Nanoha and Fate got the hell out of Dodge, trying as best they could to increase the distance between themselves and Rein. And as soon as they ran into Suzuka and Arisa, they forted up behind multiple layers of defensive spells. They didn't try to dodge at all (although why they didn't simply continue to fly well away from where Suzuka and Arisa were so the innocent bystanders weren't in the line of fire, I'm not sure, unless they somehow thought Rein would shoot S&A instead of N&F...); they just tried to reduce the effective power of the shot by making it run out as much of its range as possible, then hid behind protective defenses), which implies that the actual beam isn't something that they thought was going to miss.

(Come to think of it, while SLB is always fired at stationary targets in the series, I don't think Divine Buster has ever missed, either, except in StrikerS 12 when the Numbers poofed away before getting DB'd/Trident Smashered...)
Old 2011-02-13, 15:39   Link #169
Kaijo
Banned

The explosion would have covered the entire area, and Arisa and Suzuka would have been caught in it no matter what. That's why N&F stayed to shield them.

But imagine if N&F had been hit directly. That's why you bind your target before a big spell, so they take the full brunt.
Old 2011-06-22, 22:55   Link #170
Argent Solbright
Vega, The Swooping Eagle

About Vivio's status as Saint Kaiser's clone, how does the general populace see it? Do the public knows about it or not?

I have some theory (so I need to know if there anything contradict it in the canon) that to some extent the public does know about the existence but Vivio's identity has never been official disclosed. The Church persuade its follower to doesn't pursue the thing and the TSAB did some information control.
Old 2011-06-22, 23:10   Link #171
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm pretty certain the public in general are aware of Vivio's status as the Sankt Kaiser. Otherwise Otto and Deed wouldn't be calling her Her Majesty in public like they do.
Old 2011-06-22, 23:13   Link #172
Argent Solbright
Vega, The Swooping Eagle

Yeah, but nobody shown any comment or reaction beyond that (not sure anyone else ever comment about it). I mean IRL people will likely be quite noisy when a prominet religious figure got cloned.
Old 2011-06-22, 23:16   Link #173
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Maybe, but that was still 4 years ago. Things probably have calmed down a bit somewhat. Irregardless, I think a sound stage already cleared up the matter, but someone more versed in those would have to confirm.
Old 2011-06-22, 23:19   Link #174
Argent Solbright
Vega, The Swooping Eagle

Which sound stage? I haven't read/hear most of those
Old 2011-06-22, 23:19   Link #175
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I haven't heard any of them. But the subject's been brought up before in other threads, and I believe it was answered then.
Old 2011-08-30, 05:48   Link #176
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Gotta give credit to Comartemis for this:

Quote:
Rein wasn't exactly the most sympathetic character around anyways. I mean she only even existed on-screen for, like, two episodes, during which she did fuck-all apart from powering up Hayate to fight the Book. That's not nearly enough time or action for the audience to get attached to her. It would have been a different story entirely if Reinforce had lived but the Wolks had disappeared because we knew them so much better.
How d'yall think the rest of the series would have changed from this?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2011-08-30, 08:48   Link #177
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Gotta give credit to Comartemis for this:

How d'yall think the rest of the series would have changed from this?
Might've been interesting.

I never found the Wolkenritter to be sympathetic in A's at all anyway.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2011-08-30, 09:58   Link #178
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

It will be like ten times more sad that it was.

A's Wolkenritter is the best Wolkenritter T-T

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-08-31, 06:44   Link #179
Gaunt88

Hayate would have had one super-powerful protector instead of 5 relatively-weaker ones (the wolkies + rein zwei, who wouldn't have needed to be built).

Things might actually have ended up a bit worse in Strikers - Rein is good, but she can't be in 4 places at once. However, this might have resulted in more screen time for some of the other, more neglected characters - maybe Yuuno could have taken Otto out in the final battle, for instance, and maybe Verossa and Schach could have grabbed some more character development.

In the end, we'd have missed out on the whole signum-agito-zest plotline, and the vita's-mortality plotline, so I think we, the viewers, would be worse off (as little as that last one actually amounted to in the end :P)
Old 2011-08-31, 11:03   Link #180
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaunt88 View Post
In the end, we'd have missed out on the whole signum-agito-zest plotline, and the vita's-mortality plotline, so I think we, the viewers, would be worse off (as little as that last one actually amounted to in the end :P)
What mortality? >.>