AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-01-23, 11:18   Link #12901
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
^

Hmm...

Tsukune didn't call for help when he helped Sun and Gin left the human guy in the Siren chapter to bleed to death after getting hit with the recorded sound of a siren.
wasn't that the guy who wanted to steal themoney from suns friend
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 11:23   Link #12902
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

This guy
Spoiler for bleeding dude:
Old 2010-01-23, 12:48   Link #12903
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Hmmm, I thought it was up to 27, not 26, but I was wrong. I loved Moka at the end of 24 hiding her embarrassment of being figured out. So cute.

And now we wait.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 02:22   Link #12904
Chris38

Quote:
This guy
Spoiler for bleeding dude:
It's the same guy as the one who took the money from Marin's Inn. I mean to me there is no mistake about it. (If you want proof look at page 18 from chapter 19 (Season II) Kenji) And it's not like Gin could help him, since he also was affected by the song to some extent.

Quote:
^

Hmm...

Tsukune didn't call for help when he helped Sun and Gin left the human guy in the Siren chapter to bleed to death after getting hit with the recorded sound of a siren.
Do you mean the chapter where Tsukune beat up the yakuza which kidnapped Moka, well they where bad guys to begin with (I think they tried to rape Moka, to make Sun talk) and the only reason why Tsukune was able to help Moka is because he is still considered a human I think it was mentioned in that chapter (chapter 18) that if the girls went to the rescue they would be arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Hmmm, I thought it was up to 27, not 26, but I was wrong. I loved Moka at the end of 24 hiding her embarrassment of being figured out. So cute.

And now we wait.
Well it's not so long now until the next chapter is released ... I think only a week, or something like that until the next chapter is going to be released. Well DJ Trouble now that you have read Season II as well, what is you're impression about part II compared to part I ?

On another topic, since we have been discussing the relationship web in R+V not so long ago ... I found another evidence that discount the harem ending. I mean during the arc with the Ririsu mirror, Inner Moka under the influence of the mirror has said that she doesn't need Tsukune anymore and that the mirror will replace him from now on , despite that Tsukune was still worried about Moka and seeing that the rest of the girls tried to cheer him by offering themselves as a replacement for Moka ... the statement in the manga was why don't you pick one of us to replace Moka. We will definitely treat you well Tsukune. Despite that Tsukune remained firm and didn't lose to the temptation ... he went and helped Moka when she was in a pinch despite what she said to him earlier.

It's kind of similar to the situation in chapter 23 of Season II where the girls (besides Moka) tried to have a polygamy with Tsukune. Now I know that a lot of time has passed between those two events, but I don't think it changed so dramatically and Tsukune still prioritizes Moka above the other girls. So to me it is another example that a harem end won't happen.

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-01-24 at 05:55.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 07:46   Link #12905
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Rules can't be broken unless needed too I guess in R+V.

Quote:
prioritizes Moka above the other girls.
One reason why it's a sure end with Moka x Tsukune.
Old 2010-01-24, 12:30   Link #12906
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
It's the same guy as the one who took the money from Marin's Inn. I mean to me there is no mistake about it. (If you want proof look at page 18 from chapter 19 (Season II) Kenji) And it's not like Gin could help him, since he also was affected by the song to some extent.

Do you mean the chapter where Tsukune beat up the yakuza which kidnapped Moka, well they where bad guys to begin with (I think they tried to rape Moka, to make Sun talk) and the only reason why Tsukune was able to help Moka is because he is still considered a human I think it was mentioned in that chapter (chapter 18) that if the girls went to the rescue they would be arrested

Well it's not so long now until the next chapter is released ... I think only a week, or something like that until the next chapter is going to be released. Well DJ Trouble now that you have read Season II as well, what is you're impression about part II compared to part I ?

On another topic, since we have been discussing the relationship web in R+V not so long ago ... I found another evidence that discount the harem ending. I mean during the arc with the Ririsu mirror, Inner Moka under the influence of the mirror has said that she doesn't need Tsukune anymore and that the mirror will replace him from now on , despite that Tsukune was still worried about Moka and seeing that the rest of the girls tried to cheer him by offering themselves as a replacement for Moka ... the statement in the manga was why don't you pick one of us to replace Moka. We will definitely treat you well Tsukune. Despite that Tsukune remained firm and didn't lose to the temptation ... he went and helped Moka when she was in a pinch despite what she said to him earlier.

It's kind of similar to the situation in chapter 23 of Season II where the girls (besides Moka) tried to have a polygamy with Tsukune. Now I know that a lot of time has passed between those two events, but I don't think it changed so dramatically and Tsukune still prioritizes Moka above the other girls. So to me it is another example that a harem end won't happen.
Tsukune wasn't able to "beat them" because he was still humane, that doesn't make sense, it's that he spared them their lives that's what made him "human."

Tsukune is the same with all the girls, he'll emo / zerk / whatever for any of them. As he said, I'm sure multiple times, that all of them are irreplaceable to him.

Until we get a situation that he has to choose one's sake over the other, in terms of livelihood and safety of the girls, he holds them all in equal importance. It's why he's the protagonists, it's what make him Tsukune.

He's most "romantically" involved emotionally with Moka, but his overall situation is extremely delicate right now. To make any final opinion about anything is too haphazard. It's prudent to wait.

Quote:

And now we wait.
You're really marathoning it huh? I don't blame you, I'd do the same in your shoes
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 13:45   Link #12907
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Tsukune wasn't able to "beat them" because he was still humane, that doesn't make sense, it's that he spared them their lives that's what made him "human."

Tsukune is the same with all the girls, he'll emo / zerk / whatever for any of them. As he said, I'm sure multiple times, that all of them are irreplaceable to him.

Until we get a situation that he has to choose one's sake over the other, in terms of livelihood and safety of the girls, he holds them all in equal importance. It's why he's the protagonists, it's what make him Tsukune.

He's most "romantically" involved emotionally with Moka, but his overall situation is extremely delicate right now. To make any final opinion about anything is too haphazard. It's prudent to wait.
Well HayashiTakara I meant that Tsukune was allowed to fight with the yakuza because he is still considered a human and the laws that don't allow Youkai to fight human battles is not present in Tsukune's case.

Well I kind of see that Tsukune is considering the girls as irreplaceable friends to him. I mean I don't remember it being mentioned anywhere that he has romantic affections for any of the girls in his harem besides Moka. That doesn't say he couldn't fall for them later, but why there haven't been any signs of that happening (I mean to make a relationship appear realistically you would have to make them appear earlier, since feelings need time to develop - and Tsukune has been almost a year with all the girls already, so if the author wanted to go down that road he could make it appear as if Tsukune started to change his feelings for the other girls.)

I admit HayashiTakara that the relationship situation in R+V is a little complicated and delicate but sooner or later it is going to need some kind of solution, because I don't think the situation which is present in the manga right now, can be kept forever ... I mean you don't want the relationships to end in the way they are now do you HayashiTakara, I mean for me it would be a little disappointing if things where left as they are (without a definite conclusion).
Old 2010-01-24, 15:06   Link #12908
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
You're really marathoning it huh? I don't blame you, I'd do the same in your shoes
I was over those two or three days. I was done by the time I made that post.

I had the chapters wrong. It was the end of 23 that had the cute Moka hiding her jealousy. "Know your place, harem." Too cute, too cute.

When comparing the two seasons, the most striking thing is that it's obviously in a different magazine. Though it's infrequent, I was actually incredibly shocked the first time I saw one of the girls naked. I'm glad that doesn't happen a lot. I don't think that's quite what you meant though.

It seems that the arcs in the second season are more pronounced. They stand out more and overall seem to be more important. That's probably because they're all part of the bigger picture which is slowly being revealed. The story has definitely gotten more intricate from the first season. I also like that the final outcome of the relationships are being explored.

I really hadn't given it any thought while reading through the chapters, but once it was mentioned that there could be a harem end, and after seeing most of the girls okay with, I started hoping that's how it would end. Inner Moka is against it, but that could change as she gets more attached to the harem. We don't know what Outer Moka thinks, but I have a feeling she wouldn't mind. Her opinion means less than Inner Moka's, as I feel that at the end we'll only be left with Inner Moka, but I think that it will definitely help sway Inner Moka to being more accepting to a harem end. As long as she's the only wife and everyone else takes the role of mistress, concubine, slave, sex toy and the like, she'll probably be okay with it.

Looking at Tsukune, he really doesn't seem to have any romantic feelings towards any of the girls besides Moka. He's obviously not gunning for a harem end, but if and when it comes down to it, I really don't see him turning it down. As long as Moka acknowledges his feelings, he'll be happy even if he has to keep the harem around as well.

Overall, I don't want to say that two is better than one. Two has just taken a different approach to telling the story. I want to say it's taken a more mature stance. It feels that way to me. That's not necessarily better or worse. It's just different. This started as an excellent manga and continues to deliver.
Old 2010-01-24, 15:12   Link #12909
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Aye, indeed. This series is taking a more mature approach to the Harem situation, and the whole "choice" is being explored since the end of S1. I enjoy that aspect. And it's getting more serious as it goes.

Hopefully this season has made you a Mizore fan as well? XD
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 15:41   Link #12910
Chris38

Quote:
Aye, indeed. This series is taking a more mature approach to the Harem situation, and the whole "choice" is being explored since the end of S1. I enjoy that aspect. And it's getting more serious as it goes.

Hopefully this season has made you a Mizore fan as well? XD
Well I wouldn't say that I'm her fan since I think that Moka (well Inner Moka to be more precise - but she's still a part of Moka) is still a more interesting character to me, but I think that season II made me understand Mizore a bit more as a character compared to how she was portrayed in part 1 of the manga.

Actually I think it could be said the same about all of the girls,since they all experienced some kind of developments compared to how they where at the end of Season I. Actually the girl who got the least development out of all the girls was Inner Moka (I mean how long ago was a chapter centered around her, before chapter 23 (the beginning of the current arc in my opinion, since even the latest chapter is kind of related to chapter 23)), well it could kind of explain why the current arc is so far centered on her (since Moka hasn't got any development before the start of it) and unfortunately the Wong siblings.
Old 2010-01-24, 15:44   Link #12911
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

I've liked Mizora since she first appeared. If you're asking about my favorite though, it's probably Kurumu. A big tittied, idiot succubus with a pure love? Yea, I can't resist. Next up would be Ruby, the masochist and exhibitionist.
Old 2010-01-24, 22:26   Link #12912
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
I've liked Mizora since she first appeared. If you're asking about my favorite though, it's probably Kurumu. A big tittied, idiot succubus with a pure love? Yea, I can't resist. Next up would be Ruby, the masochist and exhibitionist.
I like Kurumu too, but she's not that big compared to other mangas.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 22:45   Link #12913
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I like Kurumu too, but she's not that big compared to other mangas.
same here but compared to sekirei she might as well be flat lol
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 23:57   Link #12914
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
But those aren't depicted realistically, where as R+V at least tries to conform to real forms of the human body. For Kurumu, a 92 cm bust isn't as large as one would think it is. Compared to us westerners, that's just a modest, if not a slightly above average bust for us. Where as the Japanese it's quite large because of their small frames.

In Kurumu's case, she's actually got a smaller than usual frame for her body overall, and only Yukari and Kokoa would be considered smaller, both because of their age. So that makes her breasts LOOK bigger. It's like putting b-cup breasts on a 10 year old loli, they'd just look bigger than they actually are.

In Sekirei, I'm willing to bet that almost all of the female cast member's (with exception of the lolis) breast sizes START at 95 centimeters and just go up from there if you try to put it in realistic numbers.

If someone want to confirm or deny this, please step forward.

Which I shall do now:
Spoiler for Sekirei body measurements:

And I'm disappointed, though the numbers are realistic, the depictions being of very large, jiggly, well shaped breasts that I'd love to bury my face into, don't quite match the numbers. I'd say add 10 or 15 cm to each of them(except Kusano), maybe even 20, and well be closer to how they're depicted, right?

Last edited by GrrDraxin; 2010-01-25 at 00:14.
GrrDraxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 01:20   Link #12915
Nvis
Where are the good animes

^
Wait a second! Why does Mutsu have a 3-size?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 01:24   Link #12916
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
And I'm disappointed, though the numbers are realistic, the depictions being of very large, jiggly, well shaped breasts that I'd love to bury my face into, don't quite match the numbers. I'd say add 10 or 15 cm to each of them(except Kusano), maybe even 20, and well be closer to how they're depicted, right?
Back to the topic of boobs?

Sekirei definitely doesn't try to make their girls look normal. Although, I would have to say that Miya (at times) and Homura are drawn pretty close to what their numbers indicate (Kusano not included). Monstrous boobs like the ones in Sekirei are overkill, IMO. The more natural-looking proportions in R+V are much more appealing to my eyes.

EDIT: Just noticed this, what's Shiina doing in there? He's a he. Homura, I can understand.

Anything more than a handful is a waste

Last edited by FriedRice84; 2010-01-25 at 01:42.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 01:45   Link #12917
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
Back to the topic of boobs!

Sekirei definitely doesn't try to make their girls look normal. Although, I would have to say that Miya (at times) and Homura are drawn pretty close to what their numbers indicate (Kusano not included). Monstrous boobs like the ones in Sekirei are overkill, IMO. The more natural-looking proportions in R+V are much more appealing to my eyes.

Anything more than a handful is a waste
Well I agree with you FriedRice ... I mean I like it when the girl's body proportions are a little more realistically (like in R+V, every girl has a kind of natural figure that makes them seem more real ).

Now the problem I have with Sekirei is that in it every girl has huge boobs compared to the rest of their bodies, (I mean it almost seems like the author of Sekirei has some kind of big boob fetish ) which makes them seem a little to unrealistic in my opinion.

So that's probably why I like R+V more then Sekirei, I mean there ... wait why are we even discussing boobs of all things, don't we have more interesting things to talk about
Old 2010-01-25, 01:54   Link #12918
Johnny
Working the bags...

I think both boob sizes are normal for their perspective story. Hell, at least their not
freakishly huge like those in Dragonaut. Well not that I'm complaining about those either...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 02:32   Link #12919
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Bottom line Kurumu has the biggest boobies in R+V and has alot "BIGGER" competitions in other manga's.
Old 2010-01-25, 04:35   Link #12920
Cio
Otaku

Quote:
Bottom line Kurumu has the biggest boobies in R+V and has alot "BIGGER" competitions in other manga's.
Ageha owns all the girls in Rosario + Vampire

Anyways, chapter 27 RAW should be release this week, no?

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire