Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-03, 16:01   Link #61
Invoker
Cast In The Name Of God

Send a message via AIM to Invoker
Who knew that Panda-Z, of all things, would inspire such flames? I'm laughing my ass off here.

Old 2004-06-03, 23:47   Link #62
FarthingRedFox

dude
PANDA-Z is a funny anime
it doesn't deserve a .mkv distribute
it should stay on a .avi basis like most of the popular Fansub groups (the Triad,Aikousha,etc.)
Old 2004-06-04, 00:04   Link #63
StormD
D is for Damage!

Send a message via ICQ to StormD Send a message via AIM to StormD
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarthingRedFox
dude
PANDA-Z is a funny anime
it should stay on a .avi basis like most of the popular Fansub groups (the Triad,Aikousha,etc.)
Just for you, I am going to release episode 9 as a .viv file only. I will also attach a .txt note with your email address so everybody can thank you for this decision.
Old 2004-06-04, 08:58   Link #64
kabigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarthingRedFox
dude
PANDA-Z is a funny anime
FarthingRedFox, if you don't mind my asking, how old are you? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, of course; I'm just curious.
Old 2004-07-22, 21:00   Link #65
weyoun6
Romanji is evil

Send a message via ICQ to weyoun6
I actually really like it that the characters dont talk. It gives it sort of a silent-western feel.
Old 2004-07-22, 21:09   Link #66
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invoker
Who knew that Panda-Z, of all things, would inspire such flames? I'm laughing my ass off here.

I'm pretty sure the show has NOTHING to do with this little bit of fun. Farthing is just obviously... tired or something. Yeah.

New batch of eps (9-12) coming soon

And Utils - if you thought two groups doing it was insane... how about now? :O
Old 2004-07-24, 01:43   Link #67
Cheesemon
Inactive Member

I just started watching this show. I like watching an episode or two during breakfast since it's only like two minutes (and that's usually all the time I have in the morning ^^).

My favorite episode so far is #2. The show isn't that great, but I really like how the show teaches you Japanese, w/ the phrase on top and the English translation on the bottom. And on the flip side, I show the fansub to my English conversation class as a quick English warm-up. Panda Z is a great educational tool! =D
Old 2004-07-24, 02:32   Link #68
DekaMaster
Banned

To avoid any problems

Last edited by DekaMaster; 2004-07-25 at 13:01.
Old 2004-07-25, 11:55   Link #69
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

Yes, everyone loves speedsubbing. It just brings out the best in a show.
Old 2004-07-25, 12:24   Link #70
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Bomb
Yes, everyone loves speedsubbing. It just brings out the best in a show.
Nothing not worth it

Last edited by DekaMaster; 2004-07-25 at 12:59.
Old 2004-10-05, 05:30   Link #71
krem

Quick question about Panda Z

Not sure if this is the right place, but it wsaid fansubs so I'm guessing it is.

Which group is doing the best release of Panda Z and is there a huge difference between them, or am I safe with grabbing the release from any group?

Thanks in advance
Old 2004-10-05, 11:13   Link #72
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by krem
Not sure if this is the right place, but it wsaid fansubs so I'm guessing it is.

Which group is doing the best release of Panda Z and is there a huge difference between them, or am I safe with grabbing the release from any group?

Thanks in advance

Why WPP/T-N is doing the best job. But I guess we are just speed subbers. I mean getting out a 3 minute show each week makes us SPEED SUBBERS

Last edited by DekaMaster; 2004-10-05 at 11:24.
Old 2004-10-05, 13:30   Link #73
krem

so there's two teams that are doing this series, i would go for wpp as u suggest, however, they're not seeded? well i guess i'll get the other one for now until the wpp eps get seeds
Old 2004-10-05, 15:10   Link #74
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
so there's two teams that are doing this series, i would go for wpp as u suggest, however, they're not seeded? well i guess i'll get the other one for now until the wpp eps get seeds

There is a seeding request forum for both T-N and WPP on their sites
Old 2004-10-05, 19:03   Link #75
Fox

Quote:
I'd say ask someone uninvolved with either group which is better... otherwise opinions are going to be biased one way or the other. T-N and WPP people will vote for their releases, and AiA and A-C people will vote for theirs(hence why I'm not stating my own position).

I'd actually recommend downloading a ep from both and compare them yourself, and decide which style you like better(IMO this is the better way to go about it for something with eps this small. After all, 2 eps of Panda Z together is half the size of most fansubbed eps of other series.). If WPP, great. If AiA, that's fine too. What's important is that you find a version and style you're happy with, since both teams have good translators working on it.
Old 2004-10-05, 22:14   Link #76
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

Ahh, who needs Seinfeld? Good point Fox. Personally, I don't care which one you download. I really quit caring about competing a long while ago. Sad that some people think a 3 minute show needs it however.

As he said, download whichever one you like better, and whichever comes out on a schedule more to your liking. Speed and quality are certainly two criteria people use to judge their fansubs, and which they will follow.
Old 2004-10-05, 22:27   Link #77
DekaMaster
Banned

Yes download the one you like best.

Last edited by DekaMaster; 2004-10-05 at 23:21.
Old 2004-10-05, 23:23   Link #78
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Bomb
Ahh, who needs Seinfeld? Good point Fox. Personally, I don't care which one you download. I really quit caring about competing a long while ago. Sad that some people think a 3 minute show needs it however.

As he said, download whichever one you like better, and whichever comes out on a schedule more to your liking. Speed and quality are certainly two criteria people use to judge their fansubs, and which they will follow.
What's sad are people that assume things. But then your statement above is just a random observation isn't it? I mean you wouldn't want to start spreading false rumors now would you.
Old 2004-10-10, 19:21   Link #79
weyoun6
Romanji is evil

Send a message via ICQ to weyoun6
Oh my gosh - episode 26 is sooooo funny.
Closed Thread