AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-09-21, 00:14   Link #1761
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Damn Othinus really created a well calculated chaos hasn't she? Frightening

but damn Touma really took a hit from that fall
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 00:24   Link #1762
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
That would be fun to see.

Kamijou's bad luck is really acting at the worst possible times, isn't it?

Sitting inside Calculate Fortress waiting for the "storm" blow over.
What if he isn't in the city...?

Also, He could himself easily defeat someone with 100% possibilities i.e. HOthinus Hotabriel would also defeat Hothinus!
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 00:27   Link #1763
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
I swear to god, if the epilogue ends saying Touma is surrounded by misfortune...
I can imagine Kamachi typing on a message board "U MAD?"

Quote:
Well, he does have the one thing that could possibly stand up to Othinus (in flimsy theory, at least) but if she wins, even that is out of the window. Maybe...
Only thing I can say is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT2 Epilogue
“During World War III and in your contact with Fiamma of the Right, a major deviation occurred in your plan centered on Kamijou Touma. You are trying to correct that, but you do not know in what direction to apply power in order to bring things back to normal. Unless you can unravel all the conditions that are so complexly intertwined, you cannot take any real action. That is why you did not drag Kamijou out of the Arctic Ocean despite knowing he was sinking into it, and that is why you took no action to secure him despite knowing that he had returned to Academy City.”
He could take action, but he doesn't want to screw up his plans no any further than they already are. Whatever GREMLIN is after, it WILL put Aleister's plans back on track. That is a certainty for us.

Plus, let's not forget how Aleister did nothing when GREMLIN was walking in Academy City during the Ichihanaransai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
What if he isn't in the city...?
I doubt that. Remember the NT2 Epilogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Damn Othinus really created a well calculated chaos hasn't she? Frightening
It is actually quite impressive. She has created a scenario in which none of the large forces of the world can attack her without causing large-scale bloodshed. Even if this is nothing more than a ploy to buy for time, the scale to the obstacle she has just created for her enemies is quite impressive.

Quote:
“I hope the company still exists tomorrow. I can only pray the higher ups aren’t gathering up all the contents of the safe.”
Don't tempt fate, little man. The universe like to play with the lives of those who hope.

Quote:
As soon as Roberto slammed down the receiver, the phone made a hard sound and broke.
President Rider-Breaking phones with his bare hands...
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 00:46   Link #1764
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
He could take action, but he doesn't want to screw up his plans no any further than they already are. Whatever GREMLIN is after, it WILL put Aleister's plans back on track. That is a certainty for us.
I believe that will be the case as well, but it feels weird how he isn't doing anything to prevent a scenario everyone else qualifies as Game Over.

Unless, of course, he already knows, or at least has an idea, that Othinus is looking for something other than an eternal tyrannical rule, which is definetly a possibility.

Quote:
Plus, let's not forget how Aleister did nothing when GREMLIN was walking in Academy City during the Ichihanaransai.
Much smaller scale than the end of the world as we know it, I can buy that.

Quote:
President Rider-Breaking phones with his bare hands...
At least he's not being a sexist douchebag.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 00:52   Link #1765
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
I believe that will be the case as well, but it feels weird how he isn't doing anything to prevent a scenario everyone else qualifies as Game Over.

Unless, of course, he already knows, or at least has an idea, that Othinus is looking for something other than an eternal tyrannical rule, which is definetly a possibility.
Trust me. I think we all find it weird that he isn't acting in this scenario. However, I think it's quite likely that Othinus is looking for something other than eternal tyrannical rule or maybe is using that either as a means to attain something else or having that as a side-effect to her desire.
Old 2013-09-21, 01:03   Link #1766
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Trust me. I think we all find it weird that he isn't acting in this scenario. However, I think it's quite likely that Othinus is looking for something other than eternal tyrannical rule or maybe is using that either as a means to attain something else or having that as a side-effect to her desire.
And I'm almost certain it will turn out to be the smallest, most insignificant thing. It's such an obvious idea it's almost certain it will be used. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 01:34   Link #1767
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
And I'm almost certain it will turn out to be the smallest, most insignificant thing. It's such an obvious idea it's almost certain it will be used. Hopefully I'm wrong.
I don't think it will be that extreme. However, I do believe what she desires is something simple.

For example, my pet theory about Aleister's motivations is that his desire to shift the world's Aeon is so that he can bring the rest of the world to his level and see eye-to-eye with everyone else in the world and end a state of self-induced solitude caused by his first contact with Aiwass.

Something like that.
Old 2013-09-21, 02:07   Link #1768
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
“Wow. Is this that one where you think it’s gonna be about yakuza, but it’s actually about zombies? Where’s my gun!? I need to find a cabaret club right away!!”
Anyone else notice the Yakuza: Dead Souls reference?
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 02:36   Link #1769
Baron-Zara

Damn Othinus!! I'm loving her more and more. She's not only hot, sadistic and awesome but a friggin genius too <3
Really impressive plan she has there. It's like she has all the opposing forces playing between her fingers. Well I doubt Aliester gives a crap if he has to cause blood shed but still...

And just how much Fuko da does Touma have XD...parachute not working
Poor Touma
And he's already half dead XD...well I guess Othinus needs a handicap so that Touma doesn't kick her ass too easily
I wonder what he saw at the end of part1 though?

Mikoto was BA saving Index and analyzing the situation like that

I'm loving that there's a dragon. Damn just imagining a dragon hanging on Tokyo Tower gives me goosebumps. That sure sounds epic!!!
The illustration for it is awesome too ^^

I was hoping to see Tabikake and Touya in part 4 but I guess that'll have to wait for later. I really wanna know what they're doing

Last edited by Baron-Zara; 2013-09-21 at 04:13.
Baron-Zara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 04:24   Link #1770
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron-Zara View Post
I was hoping to see Tabikake and Touya in part 4 but I guess that'll have to wait for later. I really wanna know what they're doing
Tabigake is a very busy man unlike Touya, unfortunately. But, you can only hope for more Shiina & Misuzu in part 4, since those MILFs are warm with each other. Is this the one that support Mikoto's motivation to have Touma be his boyfriend?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 04:31   Link #1771
Baron-Zara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Tabigake is a very busy man unlike Touya, unfortunately. But, you can only hope for more Shiina & Misuzu in part 4, since those MILFs are warm with each other. Is this the one that support Mikoto's motivation to have Touma be his boyfriend?

Well yeah I know he's busy but I thought it's a good time now since they were showing how the adults and VIPs were trying to deal with the situation. Also since I heard they're gonna make an appearance this volume.
Old 2013-09-21, 04:53   Link #1772
ZerothBastion
Edogawa Conan, Tantei-sa

Crazy chapter 3 so far > Othinus is genius what a way to break unity of people, but i bet if she tried, she could never break those that have contracted the Kami-yan disease > Kamijou faction all the way

but makes me wonder whether the existence of magic will be revealed to the whole world after this Volume or in the future
ZerothBastion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 05:17   Link #1773
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
He looked up and saw something sticking out in a straight line. It looked like an improvised rope forcibly made out of a curtain or something similar. At the end, he could see it was tangled around a silhouette resembling a giant fishing rod made of steel.
(A crane… Is this a high-rise building under construction?)
Touma was really lucky that his parachute got tangled up with a crane, then again Kamachi couldn't just let Touma hit the cold hard concrete.
Old 2013-09-21, 05:52   Link #1774
whitecloud

The ending of NT 8....the world is destroyed....BUT REBUILD again by the hand of othinus, that in it she is not a magic god, there is no Academy City, there is no magic side, a completely usual world...

Kamijou touma is just a normal student in a completely normal school, in a completely normal town outside tokyo, bickering everyday with his friend aogami, tsuchimikado, and undercalssman that visit him everyday that is mikoto and misaki

Everyday walking home to he always visit grocery store owned by a sisters birdway, church that is home to a nun name index, priest stilt and a occult magic shop by lessar for a small chit chat, after that to back at the apartment, living in an small student dormitory run by a nice manager by the name kanzaki, he live in a small room with a neighbor by the name of othinus...

But he wonder...what is wrong, something is missing....but he cant remember it.....

.............to be continued..

(my version of ending)
Old 2013-09-21, 05:58   Link #1775
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Anyone think that Othinus destroying the world is exactly what Aleister wants?
Perhaps since he couldn't figure out how to fix his plan anymore, then why not reset everything manually?
Better yet, if the current world, aka the Osiris Aeon is blown away by force, he can skip all the difficult steps and bring forth the Horus Aeon simply because there isn't anything else left.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 08:59   Link #1776
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
The ending of NT 8....the world is destroyed....BUT REBUILD again by the hand of othinus, that in it she is not a magic god, there is no Academy City, there is no magic side, a completely usual world...

Kamijou touma is just a normal student in a completely normal school, in a completely normal town outside tokyo, bickering everyday with his friend aogami, tsuchimikado, and undercalssman that visit him everyday that is mikoto and misaki

Everyday walking home to he always visit grocery store owned by a sisters birdway, church that is home to a nun name index, priest stilt and a occult magic shop by lessar for a small chit chat, after that to back at the apartment, living in an small student dormitory run by a nice manager by the name kanzaki, he live in a small room with a neighbor by the name of othinus...

But he wonder...what is wrong, something is missing....but he cant remember it.....

(my version of ending)
It's an interesting idea (where's Accelerator!?) but it seems more like an ending to the story or the beginning of the penultimate volume of sorts. Besides, I don't think Othinus's desire is to eliminate all of the supernatural from the world.
Old 2013-09-21, 10:25   Link #1777
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post

(my version of ending)
love your idea but the heck? don't leave hamzura and accelerator out either.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 10:32   Link #1778
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

and the rest of the gang
Old 2013-09-21, 10:33   Link #1779
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Just wondering if Fräulein make a appearance in NT8? cause I want to know more about her situation and living arrangements.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 10:34   Link #1780
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Just wondering if Fräulein make a appearance in NT8? cause I want to know more about her situation and living arrangements.
Going by NT6, doesn't she just sleep anywhere?
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
complete magic god, end of the world, magic god, off-screen fights, othinus