AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-02, 06:50   Link #2101
Nanashi_1337

Yeah, I forgot to say you can't win by time out, so the only choice is to beat his ass, unfortunately. Which is insane to begin with.
Old 2012-01-02, 06:54   Link #2102
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_Storm View Post

Anyway, there's more (implied) RonovexBattler yaoi endings.
Seems like it's obligatory now,
there's Battler/Ronove's original ending,
Ange/Virgilia's X ending
and Dlanor/Virgilia's CROSS ending.
And yet, Beato gets no love from Battler,
and she even helped the BronoveXBattler train along in Dlanor/Virgilia's ending.

Also, rejoice, we now have Dread of the Grave, and how!
Spoiler for New remix:

Last edited by CrimsonMoonMist; 2012-01-02 at 07:33.
Old 2012-01-02, 08:06   Link #2103
Walterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMoonMist View Post
Also, rejoice, we now have Dread of the Grave, and how!
I found it fantastic, I'm loving most of the new themes in Cross. Like the default one in the Library of Endless books. There's alot remixes of the PS3 port opening themes as well that are really damn good.
Old 2012-01-02, 08:08   Link #2104
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Yikes, I'm a moron. How do you open the menu without the keybind? The one with all the action instructions and all.
Old 2012-01-02, 08:12   Link #2105
GospelDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Guys, apparently Black Battler is unusable online...
And he doesn't look Overpowered/Broken or anything.
Quote:
Well, if he was there'd be no need for normal Battler who is already really solid.
Well, then why did they add BattlerDS to begin with?
You can use him in VS mode if you're playing against CPU or another person at the same computer.
So why isn't he available for online play?
Just doesn't make any sense...

And I noticed another thing about online play... is it possible that the BGM doesn't change?
I selected different BGMs when playing online, but it would always play the default BGM for the corresponding stage.
Old 2012-01-02, 08:18   Link #2106
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I'm utterly confused with this whole Princess Mode thing, and without a keybinder I'm completely lost. I don't even know how to activate meta. Help?
Old 2012-01-02, 08:35   Link #2107
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
Quote:
Originally Posted by GospelDS View Post
Well, then why did they add BattlerDS to begin with?
You can use him in VS mode if you're playing against CPU or another person at the same computer.
So why isn't he available for online play?
Just doesn't make any sense...
B.Battler is really similar to Battler, but he's unique enough to make sense for him to be included online. Are you sure that he's excluded, and it's not a case of both people havn't unlocked him? I had that problem the first time I tried playing Ougon Cross
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
I'm utterly confused with this whole Princess Mode thing, and without a keybinder I'm completely lost. I don't even know how to activate meta. Help?
Princess mode is for those who use keyboards and can't pull off those ridiculous combos and meta moves without having trouble. It's just an easier version of the original gameplay, and i've used it all this time without any problems..I even found it easier to use than the original.
Using the standard keyboard setup:
Z = Attack (i'm not sure on how its decided, but you either use light, medium or heavy)
X = Special. Be it Rosa reloading the gun, or Battler's blue truth, all special moves are used with X.
XC = Grab
ZX = SP version of the Special
ZXC = Meta. Press it again to use the Meta Special
S = Switch
Old 2012-01-02, 08:40   Link #2108
GospelDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azule View Post
B.Battler is really similar to Battler, but he's unique enough to make sense for him to be included online. Are you sure that he's excluded, and it's not a case of both people havn't unlocked him? I had that problem the first time I tried playing Ougon Cross
No, both of us unlocked him beforehand, because we wanted to play as him against each other.
We can both use him in VS mode, just not online though...
We even made an arcade run with him hoping that would unlock him for online play, but it didn't...
Old 2012-01-02, 08:43   Link #2109
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Thanks for the tip, but I can't seem to activate Meta no matter how hard I try. Pressing ZXC together doesn't seem to work. It either works as just ZX or just Z.
Old 2012-01-02, 10:40   Link #2110
victorino123

How can i make kyrie and rudolf appear on B.battler meta?
Old 2012-01-02, 10:47   Link #2111
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorino123 View Post
How can i make kyrie and rudolf appear on B.battler meta?
It's his SP2 move (236236C with 2 points on the super gauge).
Old 2012-01-02, 11:07   Link #2112
Serpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azule View Post

Princess mode is for those who use keyboards and can't pull off those ridiculous combos and meta moves without having trouble. It's just an easier version of the original gameplay, and i've used it all this time without any problems..I even found it easier to use than the original.
Using the standard keyboard setup:
Z = Attack (i'm not sure on how its decided, but you either use light, medium or heavy)
X = Special. Be it Rosa reloading the gun, or Battler's blue truth, all special moves are used with X.
XC = Grab
ZX = SP version of the Special
ZXC = Meta. Press it again to use the Meta Special
S = Switch
So basically, it does absolutely nothing for people with keyboard problems. My problem is that my keyboard doesn't register ZXC when pressed simultaneously, making meta impossible, and Princess mode doesn't help with that.
Old 2012-01-02, 11:22   Link #2113
Walterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpit View Post
So basically, it does absolutely nothing for people with keyboard problems. My problem is that my keyboard doesn't register ZXC when pressed simultaneously, making meta impossible, and Princess mode doesn't help with that.
In my opinion, Princess mode makes the game harder than it's supposed to be. Not only it doesn't change the meta calling, but it also decides that in order to use your meta ability you have to do the same motion, which is completely silly. Sure, you could play as Lia and spear spam easily, but it's just bad.

EDIT: Forget what I said before, god damn.
Old 2012-01-02, 11:25   Link #2114
maximilianjenus
[E]

There was an exe for noncross ougon that would translate the start/config menu, the one that appears before starting the game, when you double click the exe, ahs ti been updated for crossx ? _I have problems using the old one with cross as it seems to want to reinstall.
Old 2012-01-02, 11:42   Link #2115
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
There was an exe for noncross ougon that would translate the start/config menu, the one that appears before starting the game, when you double click the exe, ahs ti been updated for crossx ? _I have problems using the old one with cross as it seems to want to reinstall.
There was a english exe for Cross somewhere in this thread,
the prelaunch options carry over though, so you don't have to configure that again.
Old 2012-01-02, 12:22   Link #2116
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
Quote:
There was a english exe for Cross somewhere in this thread,
the prelaunch options carry over though, so you don't have to configure that again.
Is there..? I just did a quick search for "English", "launcher", "Patch", "exe" and nothing relevant showed up. D:
Old 2012-01-02, 12:31   Link #2117
maximilianjenus
[E]

Well, my button config (I am runing a ps pad through a usb adaptor) got messed up, but I will try and use a secondary guide anyway I assume the options are exactly the same so the englihs launcher won't be that urgent.
Old 2012-01-02, 12:38   Link #2118
naever
Restless Ghost

Hey, can anyone with a better japanese than me (meaning, anyone) tell me what's going on in the Battler/Kanon arcade? Because it sounds to me like he is playing culprit, and what's the point of B.Battler if old Battler can already do the Cliched Villain complete with Annoying Evil Laugh™ stuff quite fine on his own?
Old 2012-01-02, 13:07   Link #2119
battle22

if only i could do meta with keyboard. damn..... why did i broked my controller. i was playing with erika and i was kicking black battles ass whennn baaam and it broked.
Old 2012-01-02, 14:47   Link #2120
Snow_Storm
Welcome to primetime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
Ah damn i broked my controller. . what shold i do knooooooooow... fuuu my luck
Yikes, that sucks.

Get a better controler that is study I guess.

(You don't wanna know what I did to my Steel Series PC controler when I was fighting against Sieta410 in vanilla Ougon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walterion View Post
In my opinion, Princess mode makes the game harder than it's supposed to be. Not only it doesn't change the meta calling, but it also decides that in order to use your meta ability you have to do the same motion, which is completely silly. Sure, you could play as Lia and spear spam easily, but it's just bad.

EDIT: Forget what I said before, god damn.
Princess Mode is pure shit. It's worthless. At first, I thought it was gonna be like MVC3's Easy Control system where you press A for your normal attack, press it again for your Quarter Circle Weak Attack, B for your normal medium attack, have a button for your special move, etc.

I really hope 07th Expansion fix Princess Mode because honestly, it's harder than using the normal controls.

Closed Thread