AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-01-29, 20:31   Link #21
p33gles

Aiko maybe the self sacrificing heroine where by she never tells Shin the truth because she will inadvertently cause him pain because he can never reciprocate. So she will settle being in love with him in secret, hurting herself, but yet satisfying her need to be close to him.

Nobuse, I reckon he may not be all that stupid and putting on a charade and he knows that Aiko is in love with Shin? He's hoping that she will in time forget about Shin and fall in love with him instead?

But yes how did she end up with Nobuse? It must have been some misunderstanding she didn't correct...
p33gles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 00:04   Link #22
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
It's quite clear Aiko's situation is dependent not just on what she herself does in the remaining episodes, but what actions Shin and Nobuse take as well. That being said I do feel rather sorry for Aiko. I'm still rooting for her to be happy and I see more of her, my like increases. Regardless I have this feelings they're will be some sort of falling out eventually. Ie things will get worse before they get better.
Old 2008-01-30, 00:30   Link #23
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
It's quite clear Aiko's situation is dependent not just on what she herself does in the remaining episodes, but what actions Shin and Nobuse take as well. That being said I do feel rather sorry for Aiko. I'm still rooting for her to be happy and I see more of her, my like increases. Regardless I have this feelings they're will be some sort of falling out eventually. Ie things will get worse before they get better.
i never have liked the "canvas2" type of endings, but I am so hoping they pull a "canvas2" move with Aiko!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 00:55   Link #24
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
i never have liked the "canvas2" type of endings, but I am so hoping they pull a "canvas2" move with Aiko!
Ah yes that ending. From what I remember of it my main problem boiled down to feeling they should have more build up towards that conclusion than they did. Still I just hope they find some way to give us a happy Aiko.
Old 2008-01-30, 05:03   Link #25
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

^ Same here...

@ golthin ~ I don't really get it. What do you find so mysterious. He likes her and hangs around her, the end. This Shin made them a couple is suspicious as well. When was this so explicitly stated? Even if it was, how could he have gotten them so close all by himself... it's too convenient.
Old 2008-01-30, 05:12   Link #26
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
^ Same here...

@ golthin ~ I don't really get it. What do you find so mysterious. He likes her and hangs around her, the end. This Shin made them a couple is suspicious as well. When was this so explicitly stated? Even if it was, how could he have gotten them so close all by himself... it's too convenient.
I am not talking about Nobuse, it is obvious he likes Aiko a lot! I am talking about Aiko, It is obvious that she is "IN" love with Shin, she doesn't dislike Nobuse for sure but she is not in love with him. She rather spend time alone with Shin than Nobuse. The mystery is how did Shin get her to go out with Nobuse. Shin was boasting that he was the one that got them together. Did he beg and pester her till she accepted, was there a misunderstanding and she ended accepting? It is obvious that she didn't want to hook up with Nobuse but somehow she got stuck with it by her own words during the "shopping date".
Old 2008-01-30, 05:19   Link #27
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I think you're reading too much into the show...
  • Nobuse likes Aiko
  • Nobuse hangs around Shin and goes to Aiko's store
  • Nobuse gets to know Aiko little by little
  • Nobuse follows Aiko wherever she goes
  • Inevitable/Strange things happen * Haha

Shin mumbling he's the one who got them together doesn't necessarily mean he's the ONE.
Old 2008-01-30, 08:36   Link #28
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Quote:
iirc canvas2 ending made me feel they wrote down the name of all each girl in the serie on a small piece of paper then did a lotterie to determine wich one the main guy ended up with, was a funny wtf moment though

imo aiko/shin is unfortunately a no go, only time will tell.

btw surprise to see so many post about her when she isnt the one given the most screentime so far.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 09:00   Link #29
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ D a m i e n ~ Shin, Hiromi, Nr.4, Miyokichi etc have either self-inflected-problems or a complex situation. Aiko has both! But to be honest I don't think that's the answer to your question. Situations like that of Hiromi have been pretty clear from the get go, but the Ai x Shin relationship simply build up in the recent episodes out of what appeared earlier to be mostly a sibling relationship, with silly comments like your older them me by a year etc.

That's to say, they didn't travel to the giants nest to find the golden goose chicken in one episode, like with Shin and Nae, but instead stretched the surprise over at least 2, if not 3-4 episodes. I think a lot of people might have enjoyed that style of story telling better ...hence the little plus in discussion here.
Old 2008-01-30, 12:39   Link #30
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
I second that motion i usually hate the canvas2 type endings as well. But Aiko has just grown on me in the short time the series has been on prays and sacrifices furry creatures for an Aiko ending.
Old 2008-01-30, 18:55   Link #31
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
I think you're reading too much into the show...
  • Nobuse likes Aiko
  • Nobuse hangs around Shin and goes to Aiko's store
  • Nobuse gets to know Aiko little by little
  • Nobuse follows Aiko wherever she goes
  • Inevitable/Strange things happen * Haha

Shin mumbling he's the one who got them together doesn't necessarily mean he's the ONE.
cats, i hope you are right! You are the only one with that opinion so far from 3 different forums.
If you can't not see that Shin was the one that got them together by Shin own words and by Aiko own words "You didn't have to.." then there is nothing I can do. Shin so far has been a pretty honest guy and I have not yet caught himn on a lie (with the exeption he doesn't tell Hiromi how he feels, but that is not a lie more like hiding the truth). Shin is the type of guy that don't say anything instead of lying, like when his mom asked him about the letter, he just didn't answer her instead of lying.

I really hope I am wrong and you are right, and Aiko and nobuse are not actually hooked up and that was Shin just spitting nosense as I can go back to my theory that Nobuse is just taking Aiko for granted as his girlfriend. So I do hope you are right and Shin didn't actually hooked them up, it would make things easier for Aiko!
Old 2008-01-31, 08:41   Link #32
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I really hope I am wrong and you are right, and Aiko and nobuse are not actually hooked up and that was Shin just spitting nosense as I can go back to my theory that Nobuse is just taking Aiko for granted as his girlfriend. So I do hope you are right and Shin didn't actually hooked them up, it would make things easier for Aiko!
At the moment it's impossible to say, especially with scenes like the hand holding one in episode four. Going by what we know, and what we've seen in the series. For now i'm going with 'Shin but in a good word', along those lines --- because i don't see any other reason why Aiko hasn't confessed her feelings already in the past. Now it kinda makes sense if you go by her feelings, she won't while he isn't 'single', though from our view it looks like he was before Noe came along.
Old 2008-01-31, 09:50   Link #33
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
though from our view it looks like he was before Noe came along.
well, he was and he was not. Aiko is the person that Shin confides his romantic problems, nobuse is not good for that because he will probably just make fun of him ( as we saw with him makig fun of him and Noe). So it is obvious that Aiko knows that he likes Hiromi, so she has been holding back. Aiko is waiting for Shin to let go of Hiromi, thus why she told him with time he would forget at the mall.

Her hope is that he will forget about Hiromi and she is just bidding her time, but it seem that with every day her will is breaking down, we can tell that because she lied to him about Nobuse being busy that day and not being able to go shopping with her. It seems that she is getting now more desparate, more now than a new "rival" has appeared.
Old 2008-01-31, 13:17   Link #34
DanielSong39

And why shouldn't she; Noe is a far more dangerous a rival than Hiromi.

Aye, Aiko, you really didn't have to hook up with Miyokichi (which happened before episode 1).
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 12:42   Link #35
Falkor

More thoughts on Ai-chan

“You might not get over this right away, but time exists for these kind of things.”
“You will forget about it eventually.”

I think this has been mentioned already, but I find this quote rather peculiar because of the irony in which it’s presented. Ai-chan tells Shin that he will eventually move on with his romantic aspirations, but if you take into account who is the one giving the advice and the fact she has said a similar quote with almost the same intentions, it’s not far-stretched to believe that she is talking for her as well. The first impression I get from this quote is the amount of hope she expresses with those words. She expects, or well, she wishes that Shin would become eventually free in order to convince herself that there’s a chance to bring her ‘true’ romantic aspirations to fruition. However, it might be the other way around with the situation that has been going on between Nobuse and her. She is the one who is actually trying to forget about Shin, but unable to do so if that’s the case.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 02:32   Link #36
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
More thoughts on Ai-chan

“You might not get over this right away, but time exists for these kind of things.”
“You will forget about it eventually.”

I think this has been mentioned already, but I find this quote rather peculiar because of the irony in which it’s presented. Ai-chan tells Shin that he will eventually move on with his romantic aspirations, but if you take into account who is the one giving the advice and the fact she has said a similar quote with almost the same intentions, it’s not far-stretched to believe that she is talking for her as well. The first impression I get from this quote is the amount of hope she expresses with those words. She expects, or well, she wishes that Shin would become eventually free in order to convince herself that there’s a chance to bring her ‘true’ romantic aspirations to fruition. However, it might be the other way around with the situation that has been going on between Nobuse and her. She is the one who is actually trying to forget about Shin, but unable to do so if that’s the case.
I think those words are not talking about herself, they are mostly hopefull words. Aiko can't make her move until Shin is free from any feelings toward any person. Aiko is not really followingf her own hopes, she needs to get out the relationship with nobuse before she stand a chance with Shin. If she actually gave up on Shin, she really is hurting hersellf by still having feelings for Shin.
You can't forget the one you love with another person, more with that person being your best friend. Darn I want to find out how did Aiko get stuck in that relation so BAD. She is a messed up girl if she could not tell Shin no when he asked her to go out with Nebuso.

Now talking about this later episode, I can imagine how Nebuso got Aiko to go out with him, he is easy to jump to conclusions about people going out. He already is talking about going in double dates with shin and hiromi, just because he saw Shin and Hiromi walking together. Wasn't he pairing Shin and Noe the other day by just walking together. So I still will go by my theory that Nobuse just thought of Aiko as his girlfriend and eventualy the title stuck and aiko never had the courage to break the guys heart.
Old 2008-02-03, 05:30   Link #37
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Aiko does seem to go with the flow... It may be she's not one to break something if she sees someone else's feelings in it. If so then next episode will be tense.
Old 2008-02-03, 05:53   Link #38
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
She is a messed up girl if she could not tell Shin no when he asked her to go out with Nebuso.
Considering that if it was shin who asked her, it would be hard to refuse seen as she likes shin. Perhaps rejection would mean less contact time with shin later on which is something she doesn't want. Or maybe she misheard him and thought he was confessing before realising she made a mistake when nobu jumped from behind a wall, yelling: "YATTA!"

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 06:11   Link #39
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Considering that if it was shin who asked her, it would be hard to refuse seen as she likes shin. Perhaps rejection would mean less contact time with shin later on which is something she doesn't want. Or maybe she misheard him and thought he was confessing before realising she made a mistake when nobu jumped from behind a wall, yelling: "YATTA!"
LOL, Yeah that is one of my theories too! It is just TOO TOO cliché to be possible!
Old 2008-02-04, 10:49   Link #40
Falkor

Quote:
I think those words are not talking about herself, they are mostly hopefull words. Aiko can't make her move until Shin is free from any feelings toward any person. Aiko is not really followingf her own hopes, she needs to get out the relationship with nobuse before she stand a chance with Shin. If she actually gave up on Shin, she really is hurting hersellf by still having feelings for Shin.
You can't forget the one you love with another person, more with that person being your best friend. Darn I want to find out how did Aiko get stuck in that relation so BAD. She is a messed up girl if she could not tell Shin no when he asked her to go out with Nebuso.

Now talking about this later episode, I can imagine how Nebuso got Aiko to go out with him, he is easy to jump to conclusions about people going out. He already is talking about going in double dates with shin and hiromi, just because he saw Shin and Hiromi walking together. Wasn't he pairing Shin and Noe the other day by just walking together. So I still will go by my theory that Nobuse just thought of Aiko as his girlfriend and eventualy the title stuck and aiko never had the courage to break the guys heart.
In my last post I was actually trying to explain her motives and to certain extent, why she has ‘accepted’ or is more willing to accept Nobuse’s feelings, though it does involve her relationship with Shin. It makes more sense to me the fact she might be trying to forget about Shin now that she seems more open to “move on” with Nobuse, but as you pointed out, this situation might be hurting herself or it's already hurting herself.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote