AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-06, 23:26   Link #661
cyberbeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Anyway, I thought it was quite surpising that the beardy guy from the preview turned out to be Raigyo - now, I suspected that the guy might be a humanform , but he was Raigyo... O_o.
I watched and compared the Trailer and OP closely when the first episode came out and noticed that the bearded guy and the camera guy have the same color green eyes (which gave it away for me) as well as hair and skin color. For those reasons I was 90% certain they were the same guy, the only uncertainty I had was if he (who was definitely a main character) was going to end up being Raigyo or not (which was revealed in episode 8).

Last edited by cyberbeing; 2008-09-07 at 00:49.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 23:42   Link #662
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
And now with his new-found hatred of humanforms... Well, as soon as he saw that Akiyuki had become Xam'd, he probably thought that now he had the perfect excuse to take out his frustration on Akiyuki.. <_<.

Since he told his superiors about Akiyuki, I'm imagining a possible scenario where Akiyuki returns to the island somewhere in the middle of the series, only to find himself being a wanted man by the military of the island? <_<.
I hope by then Furuichi is a higher ranked officer.
Though I'm more eager to see the reaction when the news of Akiyuki's state reaches his parents. I'm sure they will choose to stick by their son.

Quote:
I'm a bit disappointed with the way Haru is becoming more and more ineffectual.
Lol, I noticed this one too.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 00:23   Link #663
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing
I watched and compared the Preview and OP closely when the first episode came out and noticed that the bearded guy and the camera guy have the same color green eyes (which gave it away for me) as well as hair and skin color. For those reasons I was 90% certain they were the same guy, the only uncertainty I had was if he (who was definitely a main character) was going to end up being Raigyo or not (which was revealed in episode 8).
Hmm, didn't notice it myself. but you're right. And I suppose that was th eonly uncertainity, indeed. After all, when Akiyuki asked in episode three (I think) what happened to Raigyo, he didn''t get an answer, so it was left floating. Considering how Ishu talked to Nakiami about how her helping Xam'ds was in the end "useless", I figured that Raigyo might either have lost control over his Xam'd or simply died/turned into stone at some point, so I figured that this would end up being something that Akiyuki'd learn later in the story, something along the lines of that "that is the fate that awaits anyone who becomes Xam'd", sorta. But instead it turns out that Raigyo is not only alive and well but is also the new character joining (or rather rejoining) the crew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious
I hope by then Furuichi is a higher ranked officer.
Well, for now he seems intent on following the Suzaku-path - climb the military ladder by any means possible, even if that means betraying/selling out your friends... <_<. Seems obvious by the way he acts at the end in episode 8 that he's trying to make an impression on his superiors and gain something from it either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious
Though I'm more eager to see the reaction when the news of Akiyuki's state reaches his parents. I'm sure they will choose to stick by their son.
I'd be surpised if they didn't. His father will probably blame it on himself though - after all, he did say in episode... was it 5 or 6? well, at any rate he said that it must be heaven's retribution or something that the son of the man who helped create the humanform weapons was attacked by those as well, so he could interpreting Akiyuki becoming Xam'd in the same way, thus by that way of interpreting things, it'd be his fault that Akiyuki became Xam'd.. <_<.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 01:12   Link #664
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

few things to point out

Why haru became like a weak innocent girl didtn she have that awseome ass kickking martial arts ability

where the heck did that go???

also dam i really hate Furuichi

also nice raigyo who was a former memeber of that crew is back

also the plot thickens hehehe
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 01:47   Link #665
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
few things to point out

Why haru became like a weak innocent girl didtn she have that awseome ass kickking martial arts ability

where the heck did that go???
In situations like those, the writters seldom fail to make the character in question a meek, more fragile girl, leaving whatever ass-kicking skills she has out of it . But then, again, it's understandable enough, I suppose... kicking some nameless solder's ass is quite different from kicking the ass of a close friend of yours, even if that friend is acting like an a-hole <_<. Maybe she thought that trying to reason with him would be enough, maybe she thought he wouldn't seriously try to do anything, but alas... Next time she hopefully won't heistate to land a blow in his groin... <_<.
Old 2008-09-07, 02:30   Link #666
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Eps 8, more commonly known as 'Enter Nakiami's LI'.

But really though, who needs headbutting when you have reunions that emotional and powerful? With Xam basically falling more or less in the mecha genre (whose pairings are simple and pretty predictable from the beginning), Akiyuki and Haru being childhood friends (which trends show to be largely successful in Japanese fiction), and now with the latest bombshell in eps 8 ('your Xam' among other things), I'm fully confident beyond a shadow of doubt that they'll go AkiyukiXHaru in the end.

And I think now why they put Nakiami so prominent in the OP/ED. It's not because she's Akiyuki's LI or anything, but just as Akiyuki's story would be focused with the South, Nakiami's story would be about the North. As such, both stories together would give the entire picture, as each would tell only half the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Didn't expect
Spoiler:
to be that old.

But then again it's always the old geezers who kick ass
See the ED? There's a brown haired guy crouching in what looks like a trench, and I've always wondered who the heck he is. I'm going to bet dollars to pennies that he's Raigyo, and he looks more 'bishie' than the rest of the cast put together. He oozes the same kind of aura like Solid Snake if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadare
I bet it will be a four way rivalry which includes Nakiami.
If they're going to put it that way, they'll probably put Raigyo as well and make it a love pentagon.

But then again, I really do think they'll separate Nakiami's romance away from Akiyuki's, but that (or anything about this topic for the matter) is just speculation right now.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 04:24   Link #667
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Eps 8, more commonly known as 'Enter Nakiami's LI'.

Well, dunno if she'll be his LI. She seems like the the type who doesn't care much for romance or stuff like that. Just MHO though

Quote:
And I think now why they put Nakiami so prominent in the OP/ED. It's not because she's Akiyuki's LI or anything, but just as Akiyuki's story would be focused with the South, Nakiami's story would be about the North. As such, both stories together would give the entire picture, as each would tell only half the story.
Hmm, that's an interestign way to put it, even though that would sorta involve them choosing those respective sides at the end. Which may well happen though.

Quote:
If they're going to put it that way, they'll probably put Raigyo as well and make it a love pentagon.
Haha, that'd depend on what his reaction is to Nakiami nursing/taking care of our young friend I suppose . Raigyo may well be someone who has grown beyond the need for Nakiami's care and as such, they could possibly create soemthing of a jealousy drama here by havign Raigyo get a bit jealous/annoyed about the fact that Nakiami's looking after the young guy more than him . We'll see though.

Quote:
But then again, I really do think they'll separate Nakiami's romance away from Akiyuki's, but that (or anything about this topic for the matter) is just speculation right now.
Well, IF there'll be a romance for Nakiami that's it. We'll see though. For now one can speculate that Raigyo will have one of two roles - or a mix of both: Nakiami's potential love interest as well as Akiyuki's Xam'd-senpai .
Old 2008-09-07, 06:38   Link #668
Tiberium Wolf

I think they exaggerated in the BGM when Akiyuki was meeting Haru. Not saying that it was bad.
Old 2008-09-07, 06:57   Link #669
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
In situations like those, the writters seldom fail to make the character in question a meek, more fragile girl, leaving whatever ass-kicking skills she has out of it
Not true.

At the time Haru has just seen Akiyuki --- the person she's been wanting to see for quite a while now, so of course she's going to be a bit emotional unstable at this point. Not to mention how Furuichi was acting at the time.
Old 2008-09-07, 08:27   Link #670
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
You're over-thinking it, Haru's just been chickified.

Come on, she hasn't done anything since episode two, whenever there's something going on she just stands there looking horrified. Useless. Wich f course confirms she's the main roimantic interest...
Ninjacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 08:31   Link #671
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjacat View Post
Come on, she hasn't done anything since episode two, whenever there's something going on she just stands there looking horrified. Useless. Wich f course confirms she's the main roimantic interest...
She hasn't done anything since episode two.. what? She's done everything possible --- just because we haven't seen her show of the fighting skills we know she has doesn't mean you can label it as her not having done anything.
Old 2008-09-07, 09:11   Link #672
Ninjacat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
She hasn't done anything since episode two.. what? She's done everything possible --- just because we haven't seen her show of the fighting skills we know she has doesn't mean you can label it as her not having done anything.
If only it was about the fighting skills.

I'm not gonna get ino a debate with you over it but I'll at least explaint what I mean. What did she do really? Get herself saved by Akiyuki in Xam'd form, hang onto Akiyuki's armband, receive his letter and announce the good news he's alive, join the army in a naive hope it will help her to see Akiyuki again then proceeds to be the worst soldier ever. She's little more than scenery at this point.
Old 2008-09-07, 09:17   Link #673
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I just don't see what more you'd want her to have done by this point, that's what i'm getting at.
Old 2008-09-07, 09:37   Link #674
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

seriously i soo want ot watch half of ep 9 and continue on ep 10
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 09:58   Link #675
Ninjacat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I just don't see what more you'd want her to have done by this point, that's what i'm getting at.
Honestly, not much more. What she's accomplishing doesn't bother me nearly as much as the way she's portrayed, whenever she's involved in something important the writers bend over backwards to make her look useless.

When Akiyuki fights a humanform she HAS to get herself almost killed, whenever there's an action scene she just stands there or proceeds to promptly get knocked out of the way, and episode 8 really pushes her uselessness.

She's a soldier, on a mission, she stays behing when Furuichi tells her to for no good reason, she runs away when there's a fight, she forgets all her jujutsu badassitude and acts like a typical girl when Akiyuki is about toi get shot.

She never think things through, she never questions her bizarre visions even though it's horribly obvious there's something going on with those, she's never shown as a competent soldier who follows orders and know what she's doing, her sole reason to even be in this story seems to pine after Akiyuki and get herself in mortal danger and get rescued.
Old 2008-09-07, 10:18   Link #676
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Actually I think that Haru should be courtmartialed for dereliction of duty. If she keeps this up, someone is going to shoot her and call it "friendly fire". She joined the military which kills Humanforms. Akiyuki is a Humanform. Therefore, she has to kill Akiyuki. If she doesn't want to do that, then she shouldn't have joined.

What's this? Sexual discrimination in the military? They should have rearranged her face if that was their protocol. She's a danger to the unit.

Furuichi has a right to be pissed off. He's been spending his time with her for years probably and was the closest to being a boyfriend and she pines for Akiyuki. Furuichi should just ditch the twit and find some other nice girl.

You know, she could have mailed the armband to him by now. Hopefully, we'll get past this little quirk in the storyline.

Akiyuki has competition now. A bishie who is a powerful Xam'd has arrived. It's time for him to move on fast as he can't go back or he's going to lose Nakiami. He's another twit that doesn't see the good thing in front of him.
Old 2008-09-07, 11:32   Link #677
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjacat View Post
If only it was about the fighting skills.

I'm not gonna get ino a debate with you over it but I'll at least explaint what I mean. What did she do really? Get herself saved by Akiyuki in Xam'd form, hang onto Akiyuki's armband, receive his letter and announce the good news he's alive, join the army in a naive hope it will help her to see Akiyuki again then proceeds to be the worst soldier ever. She's little more than scenery at this point.
You call it naive hope and yet it worked . Heck once civilian travel is open again wouldn't be surprised to see her resign and take less abusive travel methods.

Fact that she's not a good solider shouldn't be much of a surprise. She didn't join to get revenge, kill humanforms, or "be the best she can be" . Just using the military as a convenient travel company. Why she can hear humanforms is still a mystery, but now that she got to meet Akiyuki again should probably pull out. Can't avoid killing for very long and will only put herself in more danger the longer she is there.

Anyways its almost comical how anti AkiyukixHaru orion is .
Old 2008-09-07, 12:01   Link #678
Ninjacat

Problem is you can't just resing once you're in, you have to complete your tour of duty... Especially during war time.

I think Orion is anti Akiyuki/Haru mostly because it gets in the way of a much more fun Akiyuki/Nakiami, Can't blame him on this. Nakiami is just awesome.

On the other hand I can't blame Haru for latching onto Akiyuki instead of Furuichi. Furuichi is a bit spineless and seems to be using the military as a crutch, in fact he gets enraged when it's pointed out. He's becomeing more and more of a brute and that's not exactly sexy.
Old 2008-09-07, 12:09   Link #679
DarkLordOfkichiku

Well, Haru should just quit the military. She's obviously not fit for it and has no apparent desire to go around killing humanforms, unlike Furuichi, so... <_<.
One could always hope that she'll leave now that she has confirmed that Akiyuki is alive, but I dunno if it'll go that simple...
Old 2008-09-07, 12:36   Link #680
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I don't see why there even has to be romance in this series. I mean yeah sure it's fun to discuss who Akiyuki will end up, though at this point in the series i can't see him ending up with anyone --- especially when there's basically been nothing that makes me believe Nakiami and Akiyuki will end up together.

Tags
bones