AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-04-28, 07:47   Link #5061
Severic

just finished reading all the English scanlations so there will be another vol. after Semaru Nick of Time. please say it's so i just went through an entire FMP marathon then found out about the novels and read them. after all that and getting to the end of Semaru Nick of Time i don't know if i should feel a great deal of emptiness or aggravated waiting for the next vol.
Severic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 09:32   Link #5062
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severic View Post
just finished reading all the English scanlations so there will be another vol. after Semaru Nick of Time. please say it's so i just went through an entire FMP marathon then found out about the novels and read them. after all that and getting to the end of Semaru Nick of Time i don't know if i should feel a great deal of emptiness or aggravated waiting for the next vol.
Yes, the final novel is being written as we speak.
Old 2010-04-28, 18:18   Link #5063
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
1 Can't really say that unless you live in japan.Making hypothesis about other crowd oppinion base on what -you- know happens in Japan doesn't help unless you live there. Even if you live in Hong Kong or even China, you still have no say.

2 The novel was on the top 10 list of short-story novels in japan

3 It won't be in a game that is highly anticipated if it wasn't loved...

4 Japanese are bigger otakus then WE are, they'll wait so loyal to their favorites it's not even funny, they arent like westerners. Gatou is aiming at this crowd and knows he won't loose because story has 10 years worth of fans that won't die because he waited a few months more. that is why Sigma was made lately. It is to keep fans interested and the story fresh in their mind while he's wraping up on other stories/animes and finishing the book.

5 -sticks her tongue out- too bad you dont like it anymore! ^__^ You dont feel the loyal joy that i do!

-end of oppinion <_<...>_> ..

Let the NOVEL come! ^___^
1. Well, the fact that he stated "in japan" infers that he lives(d) there
2. key word "was"
3. I dunno, just my opinion but I have no idea what kind of success the game will have. Maybe just fans will buy it. So far in my experience of gaming, and I play video games quite a lot, games adapted from anything shown on t.v. has been flat out terrible. I would like to think that it won't turn out a disaster though.
4. Well, you kind of contradict yourself a bit from your first statement. You can't know how many "loyal fans" there are for this series in Japan if you don't live there. 10 years is quite a run, I agree, but also it seems like it's taking him way longer than it takes to write actual novels considering they are light novels.
5. It's a matter of opinion. Everyone is different, I'm with darknemo on this. The wait is just too long for some of us. I'm happy you have such "loyalty" and I commend your waiting skills.
Old 2010-04-28, 18:22   Link #5064
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

In other news!

Patiently awaiting Japanese fanartist known for Sousuke x Kaname, Colca-Ciao, makes a new fanart that states his oppinion...

If Sousuke and Kaname ever kiss at the moment of meeting..

..it must taste like blood, sweat and tears !!

Yummy...now that's a 'hero kiss' !!

If i were Kaname...I won't mind,...*smiles happily*..

Now back to you!

-end of FMP random-
Old 2010-04-28, 19:07   Link #5065
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
Quote:
1 Can't really say that unless you live in japan.Making hypothesis about other crowd oppinion base on what -you- know happens in Japan doesn't help unless you live there. Even if you live in Hong Kong or even China, you still have no say.

3 It won't be in a game that is highly anticipated if it wasn't loved...

4 Japanese are bigger otakus then WE are, they'll wait so loyal to their favorites it's not even funny, they arent like westerners. Gatou is aiming at this crowd and knows he won't loose because story has 10 years worth of fans that won't die because he waited a few months more. that is why Sigma was made lately. It is to keep fans interested and the story fresh in their mind while he's wraping up on other stories/animes and finishing the book.

5 -sticks her tongue out- too bad you dont like it anymore! ^__^ You dont feel the loyal joy that i do!

-end of oppinion <_<...>_> ..

Let the NOVEL come! ^___^
1. Well, the fact that he stated "in japan" infers that he lives(d) there
2. key word "was"
3. I dunno, just my opinion but I have no idea what kind of success the game will have. Maybe just fans will buy it. So far in my experience of gaming, and I play video games quite a lot, games adapted from anything shown on t.v. has been flat out terrible. I would like to think that it won't turn out a disaster though.
4. Well, you kind of contradict yourself a bit from your first statement. You can't know how many "loyal fans" there are for this series in Japan if you don't live there. 10 years is quite a run, I agree, but also it seems like it's taking him way longer than it takes to write actual novels considering they are light novels.
5. It's a matter of opinion. Everyone is different, I'm with darknemo on this. The wait is just too long for some of us. I'm happy you have such "loyalty" and I commend your waiting skills.
2. The 'was' is not a 'used to be' it's a 'in this year's, and the previous year's and the years before that, it's been on the list.' It is a RECURRING deal, for FMP to be on that list. It's not in the past. It's very much in the now.

3. While I typically agree that games based off shows/movies/etc tend not to be good, I have to disagree in the giant robot series of games that take from many anime. While I know that A.C.E. is a different style of game, it's made by the same group that does the Super Robot Taisen/Wars games, which I've played one of and found it to be a very good and enjoyable game, and this was BEFORE I knew Japanese, so I spent half the game committing suicide 'cause I didn't know the commands! The games are extremely popular in Japan, there wouldn't be fifty-million of them if they weren't, and they're popular for good reason. VERY fun.

5. I'm with Selily on this one XD Seriously people, stop being such downers around here. What's the point of constantly posting your pessimism? Aren't we supposed to all be fans here? If not, GTFO my fandom =P (JK, please stay, it needs the western love...)

Quote:
In other news!

I think 'mud' had been on that list as well, but I'm not on my home computers, so I can't verify this XD (And, btw, I love you forever for introducing me to this artist... ^^ One day I'll get around to translating all the comics, I had started before my old computer fried and I just never got back to it ToT)
Old 2010-04-28, 19:22   Link #5066
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
ACE series, along with SRW series, has its own fanbase on both the franchise as well as fans of the animes participated. Aside FMP, Crossbone, Code Geass and Marcross F are also the awaited series for their games (ACE are semi-SRW in any senses), and the Gundams already have a large fanbase. And it's on PS3, a plafform that everyone waits to have SRW......so its sales won't be too bad. (I feel sorry for NEO, such a good game with low sales......)
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 19:27   Link #5067
NoLongerSane

Quote:
In other news!

Patiently awaiting Japanese fanartist known for Sousuke x Kaname, Colca-Ciao, makes a new fanart that states his oppinion...

Yummy...now that's a 'hero kiss' !!

If i were Kaname...I won't mind,...*smiles happily*..

Now back to you!

-end of FMP random-

Lol, in all honesty, I really do hope that Gatoh does have a scene with them kissing finally, but I am hoping that there is an implication that they would do more than just kiss since they have been apart for some time.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 20:55   Link #5068
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
2. The 'was' is not a 'used to be' it's a 'in this year's, and the previous year's and the years before that, it's been on the list.' It is a RECURRING deal, for FMP to be on that list. It's not in the past. It's very much in the now.

3. While I typically agree that games based off shows/movies/etc tend not to be good, I have to disagree in the giant robot series of games that take from many anime. While I know that A.C.E. is a different style of game, it's made by the same group that does the Super Robot Taisen/Wars games, which I've played one of and found it to be a very good and enjoyable game, and this was BEFORE I knew Japanese, so I spent half the game committing suicide 'cause I didn't know the commands! The games are extremely popular in Japan, there wouldn't be fifty-million of them if they weren't, and they're popular for good reason. VERY fun.

5. I'm with Selily on this one XD Seriously people, stop being such downers around here. What's the point of constantly posting your pessimism? Aren't we supposed to all be fans here? If not, GTFO my fandom =P (JK, please stay, it needs the western love...)

I think 'mud' had been on that list as well, but I'm not on my home computers, so I can't verify this XD (And, btw, I love you forever for introducing me to this artist... ^^ One day I'll get around to translating all the comics, I had started before my old computer fried and I just never got back to it ToT)
YAY! someone's backing me up! High Five! and yes that fanartis is amazing, she religiously and loyally makes a fanart almost every 2 weeks...completely amazing!..now thats a FAN!
Old 2010-04-29, 06:38   Link #5069
Miles Teg

Quote:
Nothing FMP for 2008
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ovels-in-japan

And nothing related to FMP in 2009.
Spoiler for Light novel ranking in 2009 from Oricon:

The last novel was only on the top 10 the best seller of Amazon.co.jp and on Kono_Light_Novel_ga_Sugoi! but it's only based on internet poll.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 18:08   Link #5070
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
Nothing FMP for 2008

The last novel was only on the top 10 the best seller of Amazon.co.jp and on Kono_Light_Novel_ga_Sugoi! but it's only based on internet poll.
The key word, as I said = "was." Maybe back when the franchise was booming and it was more popular, it was in the top 10, but right now, I doubt it. Thanks for the sources though. As for the game, I have no idea how this will actually turn out. I'm thinking it will be one of those games that is only released in Japan, or other Asian/European countries. I know for certain it won't do well in the U.S. It's a recession right now, I'm not sure how many people would buy an FMP game, or any games really for that matter. But that's the U.S. Hopefully it does sell well in Japan, there might be a great revival of the interest of the series, maybe we'll see the ending of the story soon.
Old 2010-04-29, 19:37   Link #5071
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Nothing FMP for 2008

See below...

Rank Work or series name Author Artist Label
01 Full Metal Panic! Shoji Gatoh Shikidōji Fujimi Fantasia Bunko
02 Haruhi Suzumiya series Nagaru Tanigawa Noizi Ito Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko
03 "Bungaku Shōjo" series Mizuki Nomura Miho Takeoka Famitsu Bunko
04 Toradora! Yuyuko Takemiya Yasu Dengeki Bunko
05 Spice and Wolf Isuna Hasekura Jū Ayakura
06 Kino's Journey Keiichi Sigsawa Kouhaku Kuroboshi
07 Mimizuku to Yoru no Ō Izuki Kogyoku Hiroo Isono
08 Baka to Test to Shōkanjū Kenji Inoue Yui Haga Famitsu Bunko
09 Tasogareiro no Uta Tsukai series Kei Sazane Miho Takeoka Fujimi Fantasia Bunko
10 Shakugan no Shana Yashichiro Takahashi Noizi Ito Dengeki Bunko

01 "Bungaku Shōjo" series Mizuki Nomura Miho Takeoka Famitsu Bunko
02 Toradora! Yuyuko Takemiya Yasu Dengeki Bunko
03 Baka to Test to Shōkanjū Kenji Inoue Yui Haga Famitsu Bunko
04 Toaru Majutsu no Index Kazuma Kamachi Kiyotaka Haimura Dengeki Bunko
06 Bakemonogatari series Nisio Isin Vofan Kodansha Box
07 Seitokai no Ichizon series Sekina Aoi Kira Inugami Fujimi Fantasia Bunko
08 Full Metal Panic! Shoji Gatoh Shikidōji
09 Usotsuki Mii-kun to Kowareta Maa-chan Hitoma Iruma Hidari Dengeki Bunko
10 Toaru Hikūshi e no Tsuioku Koroku Inumura Haruyuki Morisawa Gagaga Bunko

Source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kono_Light_Novel_ga_Sugoi!

So what its only in Amazon Japan and in a Japanese Guide Book, it's a demosntration that FMP is very much popular..
Stop being a hard arse...

If you guys arent fans anymore then why come here and rain on our hopefuly parade..? Isn't that just plain...evil?

Don't make me come at you *holds her halisen defensively.*...

Last edited by selilychidori; 2010-04-29 at 19:50.
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 20:12   Link #5072
gowfan05

HEHE I agree with you.. there is hope and gurantee this will be popular sooner or later. For example: evangelion started good, ended bad. But now they rebuilt the series and now recently back with more fans. So it very possible that FMP will become very popular again, just give it time and Wa-LA! We happy fans can celebrate!
gowfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 01:06   Link #5073
Miles Teg

Quote:
See below...

01 Full Metal Panic! Shoji Gatoh Shikidōji Fujimi Fantasia Bunko
02 Haruhi Suzumiya series Nagaru Tanigawa Noizi Ito Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko
03 "Bungaku Shōjo" series Mizuki Nomura Miho Takeoka Famitsu Bunko
04 Toradora! Yuyuko Takemiya Yasu Dengeki Bunko
06 Kino's Journey Keiichi Sigsawa Kouhaku Kuroboshi
07 Mimizuku to Yoru no Ō Izuki Kogyoku Hiroo Isono
08 Baka to Test to Shōkanjū Kenji Inoue Yui Haga Famitsu Bunko
09 Tasogareiro no Uta Tsukai series Kei Sazane Miho Takeoka Fujimi Fantasia Bunko
10 Shakugan no Shana Yashichiro Takahashi Noizi Ito Dengeki Bunko

01 "Bungaku Shōjo" series Mizuki Nomura Miho Takeoka Famitsu Bunko
02 Toradora! Yuyuko Takemiya Yasu Dengeki Bunko
03 Baka to Test to Shōkanjū Kenji Inoue Yui Haga Famitsu Bunko
04 Toaru Majutsu no Index Kazuma Kamachi Kiyotaka Haimura Dengeki Bunko
06 Bakemonogatari series Nisio Isin Vofan Kodansha Box
07 Seitokai no Ichizon series Sekina Aoi Kira Inugami Fujimi Fantasia Bunko
08 Full Metal Panic! Shoji Gatoh Shikidōji
09 Usotsuki Mii-kun to Kowareta Maa-chan Hitoma Iruma Hidari Dengeki Bunko
10 Toaru Hikūshi e no Tsuioku Koroku Inumura Haruyuki Morisawa Gagaga Bunko

Source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kono_Light_Novel_ga_Sugoi!

So what its only in Amazon Japan and in a Japanese Guide Book, it's a demosntration that FMP is very much popular..
Stop being a hard arse...

If you guys arent fans anymore then why come here and rain on our hopefuly parade..? Isn't that just plain...evil?

Don't make me come at you *holds her halisen defensively.*...
What I have given is fact nothing more.

Kono_Light_Novel_ga_Sugoi is only based on an internet poll, the two first ranking I have given are based on Oricon ranking, Oricon ranking are based on real sells, so for me Oricon >>>>> Internet poll.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oricon
Old 2010-04-30, 14:15   Link #5074
kaizer63

Send a message via AIM to kaizer63
Quote:
What I have given is fact nothing more.

Kono_Light_Novel_ga_Sugoi is only based on an internet poll, the two first ranking I have given are based on Oricon ranking, Oricon ranking are based on real sells, so for me Oricon >>>>> Internet poll.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oricon
Uhh... I'd say an internet poll regarding fandom is still pretty useful in estimating the popularity of a novel series. Moreso than sales anyways, since there weren't any FMP novels released during the time period those sales results cover. If you notice, everything on that list is more recent. Sales tend to boom following the release of something and then go quiet until new material is released. The fact that FMP remains top 10 in polls without any new material is a testament to its popularity.

The series is still plenty popular, its all a matter of being patient and waiting for it to finish its run.
Old 2010-04-30, 15:15   Link #5075
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizer63 View Post
Uhh... I'd say an internet poll regarding fandom is still pretty useful in estimating the popularity of a novel series. Moreso than sales anyways, since there weren't any FMP novels released during the time period those sales results cover. If you notice, everything on that list is more recent. Sales tend to boom following the release of something and then go quiet until new material is released. The fact that FMP remains top 10 in polls without any new material is a testament to its popularity.

The series is still plenty popular, its all a matter of being patient and waiting for it to finish its run.
IAWTC. I was gonna say this and you beat me to it. So very, very true. ^^
Old 2010-04-30, 16:02   Link #5076
Miles Teg

Semaru nick of time was released in February of 2008 so I think that a ranking of 2008 (ANN link, november of 2007 to november of 2008) is relevant...

And for Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi!, the 2008 ranking is in fact for 2007 and 2009 for 2008, so FMP was first for the year 2007 and 8th for the year 2008 and not present for the year 2009.
2007 -> Tsudou Make My Day
2008 -> Semaru nick of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! 2008. Takarajimasha. November 21, 2007. ISBN 978-4-796661-40-9.
Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! 2009. Takarajimasha. November 22, 2008. ISBN 978-4-796666-95-4.
Old 2010-04-30, 19:16   Link #5077
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Dude, it is based on Internet poll and not on the sales and Internet poll is nothing really. It can be the most popular series on the net but if people do not like it enough to pay money then this most popular title holds no validity.

I for example would also vote for FMP if I had the chance in the poll but simply out of respect for its once good past rather than being really into it in the present and its no way in hell I would pay a cent for this series also.

The fact that its sales are not that good is what made me say it is not as popular as it once was, as the number of real fans decrease (and by real fans I mean those who support the author by buying the stuff).
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 20:32   Link #5078
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Dude, it is based on Internet poll and not on the sales and Internet poll is nothing really. It can be the most popular series on the net but if people do not like it enough to pay money then this most popular title holds no validity.

I for example would also vote for FMP if I had the chance in the poll but simply out of respect for its once good past rather than being really into it in the present and its no way in hell I would pay a cent for this series also.

The fact that its sales are not that good is what made me say it is not as popular as it once was, as the number of real fans decrease (and by real fans I mean those who support the author by buying the stuff).
KATHWACCK!! *hits him with a halisen fan*

What are you talking about!? I can't find any mangas or books or anything of FMP anymore! I been to oever 6 book stores in Miami and there are NO FMP books! sold out!

Enough already! Any pessimists will be hit,..

If their sales are so bad then why bother making a multi-dollar investment in making Arbalest 3D and why in GODS name would film producers want to buy off the story? Man you got your prespective all wrong and willing to take only the facts that support you (and all the pessismists out there) to support your theory that FMP is going to sh*t.

Am sick and tired of the topic already.

FMP is going to crap
FMP is gonna die
FMP loosing fans
FMP no like no more

STOP Whining ...!!

You all need to seriously go in to Boot-Camp like the rugby dorks and learn to tough it up and be patient you muddy negative hope-killing ANTI FANS..

yes...you are Anti-Fans...-__-...

All of you!!

No matter what you say, No matter WHAT you do, you will never kill my adoration for FullMetalPanic. So whine all yuo want. But FullMetalPanic does NOt have dying fans.

From now on, SPEAK FOR YOUR SELF. And dont speak for Japan, or fans, or book-critics or even what you read online.

SPEAK FOR YOUR SELF.

You are not know-it-alls.. -_-
*huffs*

Off - topic...
Do you think we get to see Sousuke outside that Cockpit in ACE:R ??? ^_^
Old 2010-04-30, 20:36   Link #5079
Urzu_Se7en

readies his shotgun. pulls out the glock. and ensures he has enough rope to be used for torture.= say that again.. to my face.. watch what happens.
Urzu_Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 20:43   Link #5080
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu_Se7en View Post
readies his shotgun. pulls out the glock. and ensures he has enough rope to be used for torture.= say that again.. to my face.. watch what happens.
am not telling it to you <-<...

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen