AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2010-08-31, 01:34   Link #1381
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

I'm not sure if this has been scanned before. Enjoy.

pinoy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 01:58   Link #1382
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy78 View Post
I'm not sure if this has been scanned before. Enjoy.
Well...no, it hasn't been scanned before. But that's because those of us who were collecting Macross Chronicle agreed not to put any of it up on the net because we wanted it to sell. And now that the magazine has finished its run, we don't want to put any of it up on the net because we hope they'll make a book out of it (as they did with Evangelion Chronicle).
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 03:10   Link #1383
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Well...no, it hasn't been scanned before. But that's because those of us who were collecting Macross Chronicle agreed not to put any of it up on the net because we wanted it to sell. And now that the magazine has finished its run, we don't want to put any of it up on the net because we hope they'll make a book out of it (as they did with Evangelion Chronicle).
Seems not everyone knows the secret handshake.
Old 2010-08-31, 05:49   Link #1384
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
OMFG! Don't make me laugh like this while I'm at work, man! Thankfully, there was no coffee in sight...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 06:27   Link #1385
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
OMFG! Don't make me laugh like this while I'm at work, man! Thankfully, there was no coffee in sight...
Rather coincidental. I was actually a bit pissed off that there are some people who are holding back on posting this in hopes that maybe there will be a book collection, and then Gubaba gives me crap about wanting an Frontier series OVA...
Old 2010-08-31, 08:42   Link #1386
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

While I can actually understand his point of view, I'd have to side with you on this one. Maybe the "sharing" mindset sometimes hurts more than it helps? Who knows...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 10:10   Link #1387
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Yes, yes...a bunch of people talking openly on several popular public forums...how Masonic of us!

Quote:
Rather coincidental. I was actually a bit pissed off that there are some people who are holding back on posting this in hopes that maybe there will be a book collection, and then Gubaba gives me crap about wanting an Frontier series OVA...
Wait wait wait...hold on a second. Clearly this runs deeper than I thought.

I wasn't trying to give you crap, I thought we were merely disagreeing. Again, I'm just trying to be realistic...based on past experience, I think it highly unlikely we'll get an epilogue OVA (beyond the music collection OVA coming out in December, that is).

What I was giving you crap about was the fact that even though you refuse to support the comics, you want someone to give them to you. Translated. And free.

The profit margins on these magazines and books is pretty small. I want them to remain profitable, so that we'll get more of them, or so that they'll remain in print. Putting scans online is a damn good way of cutting into their sales, thus ensuring that they won't make more.

I shouldn't have to explain this to you. It should make perfect sense.

And hey...they made a bunch of books from the Gundam Fact Files and the Evangelion Chronicle. Is it so unreasonable to expect that THE SAME PUBLISHER might do the SAME THING with Macross Chronicle? Hell, they might even get around to doing the pages that were left unfinished from the original run. As long as there's that possibility, I'm not going to do anything that throws a wrench in the works.
Old 2010-08-31, 10:34   Link #1388
ReddyRedWolf

Damn 2034! How young was Yang Neuman when he started on his baby?!
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 17:57   Link #1389
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Yes, yes...a bunch of people talking openly on several popular public forums...how Masonic of us!
I'll not address the other points, because that isn't germane to what I was trying to say with the "secret handshake" thing. And if you still think that I am trying to force you into translating anything you don't want, then that is not my problem. I think I pretty comprehensively explained the difference between asking/begging and demanding before. What I was trying to say, was that it quite seemed that you are telling Pinoy under the hand "So you better do not post these scans!".

Not that I particularly care, since the whole tech aspect of Macross is not anymore interesting that other mecha shows to me ( although Macross sure looks far better than almost anything else out there ), but I still don't really see how oversea piratism of a mainly national product affects its sales very much. You really think that there are hordes of Macross tech fans just salivating to purchase a product they cannot even properly read? Or that there aren't native image scanners in Japan?
Old 2010-08-31, 22:34   Link #1390
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Not that I particularly care, since the whole tech aspect of Macross is not anymore interesting that other mecha shows to me ( although Macross sure looks far better than almost anything else out there )
Macross technology is of great fascination to me. I watched Frontier not because of the Romance, but for the high-tech dogfights and the future-world it attempt to portray. I am quite sure that is the primary reason why a majority of veteran Macross fans returned to Frontier.

Seven was a letdown and a great example of how romance should not be handled in Macross, and I am grad Frontier managed to keep it within tolerable levels.

On a side note, more and more do I find myself respecting Shinn Kidou, he might not have been the greatest Valkyrie pilot, but he was decisive, and knew what he wanted.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2010-08-31 at 22:45.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 05:11   Link #1391
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
On a side note, more and more do I find myself respecting Shinn Kidou, he might not have been the greatest Valkyrie pilot, but he was decisive, and knew what he wanted.

- Tak
Is that a dig at Alto?

And, yeah, the future aspect of Macross was fricking great. I love sci-fi which shows a positive attitude to humanitys future ( mass genocide aside ^^ ).
Old 2010-12-13, 15:54   Link #1392
ReddyRedWolf

We don't get much of new Mech and Tech updates but here's two relatively new ones.

Spoiler for VF-19EF:

The VF-19EF Caliburn is the Shinsei Industry-LAI version of the VF-19E "Monkey Model", a down graded version of the VF-19 given to fleets. Earth keeps the latest best tech developed there, which could mean the YF-24 is more advanced than the plans given to Frontier and Galaxy. Chealsea Scarlet a full blooded Zentradi pilots one in SMS Apollo Squadron in Dengeki Hobby's story Macross The Ride. Hakuna Aoba is a VF-1 Valkyrie racer. Notice the red and blue all over again. I suspect Aoba is the pilot of that VF-1 in Basara colors in the coming Macross Frontier Wings of Goodbye movie. Macross The Ride is set in 2058 at Macross Frontier.

Earth exporting down graded versions to fleets, colonies and associated planets does explain why Macross 7 and Zola Patrol have their own spins on the VF-19 Excalibur. VF-19 Custom, VF-19F and VF-19S for Macross 7, VF-19P for Zola Patrol, VF-19EF and VF-19EFs for Frontier's SMS, the first equipped with EX-Gear.

While Special Forces like Vahalla III's VF-X Team and Saratoga II's VF-X Ravens get the real deal VF-19A. (Macross VF-X and Macross VF-X2 games respectively.)

Alto's next ride.
Spoiler for YF-29:

YF-29 looks like the love child of VF-25, VF-27 and SV-51.
Old 2010-12-31, 03:25   Link #1393
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

^YF-29

Oh my I can smell it already! Macross 30 with its VF-30!
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 11:46   Link #1394
moncikoma

only 2 chara...so there wont be any triangle love anymore...?
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 15:04   Link #1395
Tak

I am happy though, at least the Frontier fleet is equipped with a variant of the VF-19. After all, such fine plane should not go to waste (or in the hands of a particular self-obsessed singer)...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-01-01, 12:04   Link #1396
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I am happy though, at least the Frontier fleet is equipped with a variant of the VF-19. After all, such fine plane should not go to waste (or in the hands of a particular self-obsessed singer)...

- Tak
A couple variants, actually...with probably more to come:

http://hobby.dengeki.com/macross_r/index.html
Old 2011-01-03, 23:29   Link #1397
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post
only 2 chara...so there wont be any triangle love anymore...?
Red and Blue. Max and Milia, Michael and Klan. What love triangle are you talking about?

Spoiler for YF-29 Nirvash colors:

I don't know what Kawamori was thinking.when he made this. A child of the SV-51, VF-25, VF-27. In the colors of Eureka 7's Nirvash.

The thing just screams kill me already.

The VF-19ACTIVE Nothung is certainly different from other VF-19s. Which reminds me how different the VF-11MAXL was to the VF-11B, VF-11C and VF-11D Jamming Bird Custom.

Spoiler for VF-19ACTIVE Nothung:

It is certainly amusing that the VF-19A and VF-9 are collector items used in races. The VF-9 is certainly a civilian fav besides the VF-1.
Old 2011-01-06, 17:10   Link #1398
Darthtabby

I don't like the VF-29 much. Not so much because of its aesthetics (though those aren't great) but because of it's design history. Someone on the Macross World Forums gave an overview on some of what one of the publications said about the design (caveat -the poster said he'd been skim reading the material). Supposedly it had an incredibly fast development cycle because it uses some VF-25 systems and some new systems based on fold quartz. It's also supposed to have capabilities comparable to some of the FAST pack equipped VF-25s in it's base form.

So let's see:

-The time period between the films is unlikely to be more than a few months. I seriously doubt the VF-29 was developed in that timeframe, it would have to be under development before then. Why would the VF-25s manufacturer be so far along on developing a VF-25 replacement when the VF-25 itself is still in what essentially amounts to its Operational Evaluation?
-Even though the VF-25 may be in what essentially amount to an Operational Evaluation, there are enough of them to suggest that the basic design has been committed to.
-Why not just stick the new fold quartz systems in the VF-25 and rush those into full production? Why such a heavily altered basic design?
-Versatility was paramount to the VF-25s design philosophy, and it's various options show it to be highly versatile. This was also the excuse for why it looks so much like the VF-1. So why the sudden 180 in design philosophy from emphasizing modular add ons to emphasizing built in systems?
-This basically marks the VF-25 as obsolete before it's even in service. Granted the VF-27 kind of did the same thing, but it at least had the excuse of being a super fighter that could kill a non cyborg pilot. The VF-25 is iconic for Macross Frontier in a way comparable to how the original VF-1 was iconic for the original Macross. I don't want this new thing taking away from it.

Here's to hoping it's just a merchandising attempt and won't actually show up in the movie itself. I don't remember seeing it in the trailer.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 16:06   Link #1399
Isamu_D_Stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
Talking about Mecha, can anyone guess what models are these?

I know one is a Vf-25, but the other?

is it a VF121 Ghost? I'm not sure. it looks strange.

Click the image for a bigger picture.

It's the VF25 and VF-27
Isamu_D_Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 16:47   Link #1400
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamu_D_Stud View Post
It's the VF25 and VF-27
No offense, but I think we realized that after 3 years of Frontier...

Welcome to 2011.

- Tak