AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-01-20, 15:13   Link #481
itachi-san314

yea me too. i like the shippuden soundtracks but it is almost all dramatic with little variation. and i'm not too big a fan of the chorus and organ stuff. i'd love for them to mix in the older soundtracks. it certainly beats hearing the same stuff over and over. im not down on the shippuden music though. i like it for the most part
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 08:06   Link #482
battle22

....Gee... Maybe a little filler fight between Gaara VS Golddustlolfailureofafather , But noo....
Trying hard not to complain every week But ....I can't resist...
Old 2013-01-24, 09:22   Link #483
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

O did I miss out on the start of the normal arc? Looks like I have one or two weeks of backlogging to do.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 09:37   Link #484
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
....Gee... Maybe a little filler fight between Gaara VS Golddustlolfailureofafather , But noo....
Trying hard not to complain every week But ....I can't resist...
Are you sure this was filler? I think this was an understandable plot/setup given Gaara and closing out his arc/story with his father.

I thought it was a touching episode.
Old 2013-01-24, 09:56   Link #485
battle22

Quote:
Are you sure this was filler? I think this was an understandable plot/setup given Gaara and closing out his arc/story with his father.

I thought it was a touching episode.
No no, It was canon, I just wanted to see a filler fight between Gaara and his father. Yeah it was touchy, but I gotta find something to complain about no?
Old 2013-01-24, 14:07   Link #486
Ushio the Omega

Well now we no why the yondaime kazekage was killed off screen by Orochimaru it must have taken a whole minute at most.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 14:16   Link #487
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Uhhh, if someone is killed before they can even reacted, anyone will die, no matter how strong you are.

Well that and this (SANDAIME) Kazekage may indeed not be as powerful in the traditional sense.

Magnet Style is very potent, however.
Old 2013-01-24, 15:00   Link #488
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Uhhh, if someone is killed before they can even reacted, anyone will die, no matter how strong you are.

Well that and this (SANDAIME) Kazekage may indeed not be as powerful in the traditional sense.

Magnet Style is very potent, however.
The sandaime was the kazekage that Sasori killed and turned into a puppet the yondaime is Gaara's father and Gaara is the godaime kazekage.

Crunchyroll's translation again proves to be wrong! "shock"
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 15:19   Link #489
ookamigirl

This was an interesting story.
It was nice learning more about Gaara.
His childhood was a cruel one... really sad.
Gaara vs his dad. That was just epically right.
Well, truth always finds a way out.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 16:35   Link #490
Maxtro

Damn how long were we waiting for this episode?

Gaara's conflict with his father is finally resolved.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 17:16   Link #491
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
The sandaime was the kazekage that Sasori killed and turned into a puppet the yondaime is Gaara's father and Gaara is the godaime kazekage.

Crunchyroll's translation again proves to be wrong! "shock"
You are, in fact, correct. Thanks for correcting me.
Old 2013-01-24, 19:04   Link #492
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
No no, It was canon, I just wanted to see a filler fight between Gaara and his father. Yeah it was touchy, but I gotta find something to complain about no?
yea me too. for a kage, he was super weak. i guess it explains how he died without anyone noticing and why the sand wasn't really that strong of a village compaired to the other great nations' villages
Old 2013-01-25, 06:34   Link #493
HasuMasu
*Artist

He was important to the village because of the Gold Dust, Gold is well...Gold.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 09:42   Link #494
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

We've seen Kages come into power for various reasons. Not always for being the strongest, although this is the case most of the time.

Remember when Danzo was appointed the sixth hokage?
Old 2013-01-25, 14:37   Link #495
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yea me too. for a kage, he was super weak. i guess it explains how he died without anyone noticing and why the sand wasn't really that strong of a village compaired to the other great nations' villages
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
He was important to the village because of the Gold Dust, Gold is well...Gold.
Also don't forget that he was the one who could handle the Shukaku. These tailed beasts were very important to the villages, so they sealed them into people who are around the kage or even related to the kage. And the kage himself was supposed to be able to handle the tailed beast if something goes wrong. It's pretty impressive when a ninja can win a 1on1 fight against a tailed beast, so i wouldn't say that Gaara's father was weak based on his performance as an Edo Tensei, just remember Sasori's and Deidara's performances as Edo Tensei zombies.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 21:47   Link #496
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Also don't forget that he was the one who could handle the Shukaku. These tailed beasts were very important to the villages, so they sealed them into people who are around the kage or even related to the kage. And the kage himself was supposed to be able to handle the tailed beast if something goes wrong. It's pretty impressive when a ninja can win a 1on1 fight against a tailed beast, so i wouldn't say that Gaara's father was weak based on his performance as an Edo Tensei, just remember Sasori's and Deidara's performances as Edo Tensei zombies.
this is a good point and i agree with it as to why he was kazekage, but i still stand by what i said. the sand is and has been the weakest of the 5 major villages. gaara easily beat him and he isn't even that strong of a kage himself. not compared to most other kages we have seen fight. i wont say anything specific about the remaining 3 kage ET zombies, but you know what i mean by comparison to gaara's father. and just look at Oonoki or A or the first 4 hokages. long story short, i think a longer more intense battle would have been much more satisfying. i would have liked to see much more from deidara and sasori ET zombies as well. i was very disappointed in their returns
Old 2013-01-26, 23:48   Link #497
Ze_

Am I the only one that thought his 'uncle' was actually an aunt?
Old 2013-01-27, 02:14   Link #498
battle22

Quote:
Am I the only one that thought his 'uncle' was actually an aunt?
Haha , I can swear I have a memory of that uncle being a female when I first watched Naruto. On my second rewatch , I was like 'Wait wtf, Wasn't this guy a girl'.
Old 2013-01-27, 06:27   Link #499
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
this is a good point and i agree with it as to why he was kazekage, but i still stand by what i said. the sand is and has been the weakest of the 5 major villages. gaara easily beat him and he isn't even that strong of a kage himself. not compared to most other kages we have seen fight. i wont say anything specific about the remaining 3 kage ET zombies, but you know what i mean by comparison to gaara's father. and just look at Oonoki or A or the first 4 hokages. long story short, i think a longer more intense battle would have been much more satisfying. i would have liked to see much more from deidara and sasori ET zombies as well. i was very disappointed in their returns
agreed but they sort of had their big moments during life. deidara died using his ulitmate of ultimate moves...i think. i wasnt anticipating anything more except spam. also, i guess im fine with gaara making quit work of his father seeing as how the guy was only trying to "test" him once again. i would hope that later on somebody much much more powerful comes along that really tests gaaras youth and leadership
in addition we have new characters in these other former kages so i'd rather have screentime dedicated to their fights. im excited to see what they can do....
Old 2013-01-27, 15:26   Link #500
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
long story short, i think a longer more intense battle would have been much more satisfying. i would have liked to see much more from deidara and sasori ET zombies as well. i was very disappointed in their returns
While it was odd that Sasori and Deidara were beaten so fast, in retrospective it's better that it happened that way. It's all about the plot, their characters were already used to full extent while they were alive, so there was nothing interesting about them any more, so Kishimoto decided to use them as plot devices to show us how much did the good guys grown. Otherwise fitting in all these characters would break the flow of the story and people would complain that there's too much of boring side characters. Even as it is now people complained a lot about how slowly things are going. So by the time Gaara's father was introduced we could already expect that he might not get as much screen time as the other 3 kages there, since he never was meant to be an interesting character. Kishimoto didn't even bother to show how the Orochimaru-Kimimaro-Kabuto trio killed him, so his role was to be a plot device to give Gaara what we saw in this episode. Edo Tensei zombies are in the plot either because they were super-strong and thus interesting to see in battle (and also by having the strongest ninja of the past we get a deeper look into the ninja world, because previously the story was too much konoha-centered) or because they are strongly connected to important characters in the story. And also those who died with some hatred or pain consuming them are given a "happy end". Such connections are: Sasori - Kankuro, Sai - his brother, Kakashi - Zabuza+Haku, Ino-Shika-Cho - Asuma, Gaara - his father, etc. In these cases don't expect a cool battle with new skills and kickass jutsu.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion