AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2012-02-16, 04:52   Link #121
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
It really sucks that the Madoka series (which I love from the bottom of my heart) will have three movies, but two of them are recaps. I hope that the recaps add extra content and gives us a hint on what the 3rd movie will be about.

I hope they give us a second season if the movies sells well.
Old 2012-02-16, 05:20   Link #122
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
It really sucks that the Madoka series (which I love from the bottom of my heart) will have three movies, but two of them are recaps. I hope that the recaps add extra content and gives us a hint on what the 3rd movie will be about
The first 2 movies will be completely reanimated,told differently (likely from homura's point of view) and will likely add content.
Old 2012-02-16, 06:19   Link #123
fuff

this show really reminded of me higurashi! they should do a movie for that show an anime one.

but ya i think the 3rd movie will be about madoka and homura's meeting perhaps?
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 11:10   Link #124
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

The first two movies are a retelling of the tv series. I'm not sure how they'll split it, but they have said it won't be a direct retelling. This means the "framework" (plot, characters, order of events, etc) will be the same, but the pacing will be different, including shortening some scenes and expanding others. I would expect the movies to be faster paced and the fights to be more "animated".

The third move is a direct sequel to the series. No information is known at this time, but there's lots of speculation in the movie thread.
Old 2012-03-18, 23:13   Link #125
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Just finished the series. I got trolled hard the first two episodes, but good thing I stuck through it.

I'm a little bit unsatisfied with the ending however,

Spoiler for Ending:
SRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 01:43   Link #126
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRanger View Post
Just finished the series. I got trolled hard the first two episodes, but good thing I stuck through it.

I'm a little bit unsatisfied with the ending however,

Spoiler for Ending:
this should answer all your question
Old 2012-03-19, 11:15   Link #127
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Interesting read, man this show is so deep.

It's definitely one of the more intricate series I've seen, just pouring through wikias/theories after watching the series is a good job in preventing post-anime depression
SRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 15:45   Link #128
OmegaBlazeJYGBSP

Interesting..well I won't comment on the posts itself but..
1:It seems that is it just me or does everyone exaggerate everything, because when I watched the shows, it seems that most of what I have read would say that it's quite(insert here), even though personally they seem not so (insert here).Well it may come down to opinion though.
2:In the "flashback" in episode 10, the fight with Oktavia seems to look different( as in the environment) as compared to the fight in episode 9
3:Also, isn't it mostly suicidal to fight Walpurgis with so little weapons?(Theoretically)
Also, how did the "fan estimate" of $13 million(or so) come from?
4:Also, the question is that, why does Madoka well, become Ultimate Madoka when facing the uber witch, while all the MS she saves are as her previous self?
5:How did Homura, like, go into the future to see Ultimate Madoka destroy the witch, then end up going back to the retconned universe?
6:How did Homura get the "power" to grant her wish of redoing her meeting with Madoka?
Well wishes are theoretically miracles but it seems like a cop out to just resort to that...
7:Also, why is it that Madoka cannot exist in the "new" universe?
I feel that saying that "oh she caused a paradox" doesn't qualify, because I don't see how it is a paradox

Odd anyway.
OmegaBlazeJYGBSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 19:17   Link #129
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaBlazeJYGBSP View Post
1:It seems that is it just me or does everyone exaggerate everything, because when I watched the shows, it seems that most of what I have read would say that it's quite(insert here), even though personally they seem not so (insert here).Well it may come down to opinion though.
I have no idea what you mean by this.

Quote:
2:In the "flashback" in episode 10, the fight with Oktavia seems to look different( as in the environment) as compared to the fight in episode 9
This is intentional.

Quote:
3:Also, isn't it mostly suicidal to fight Walpurgis with so little weapons?(Theoretically)
The only thing Homura didn't bring was a nuke. The point was that if you aren't Madoka, you have no chance of winning.

Quote:
Also, how did the "fan estimate" of $13 million(or so) come from?
Again, no idea what this is about.

Quote:
4:Also, the question is that, why does Madoka well, become Ultimate Madoka when facing the uber witch, while all the MS she saves are as her previous self?
Serious answer? Because the animators thought it would look cool.

Quote:
5:How did Homura, like, go into the future to see Ultimate Madoka destroy the witch, then end up going back to the retconned universe?
Homura's wish allows her to exist outside of normal time and space.

Quote:
6:How did Homura get the "power" to grant her wish of redoing her meeting with Madoka?
Going back in time means undoing entropy. The wording of her wish allowed her to do this multiple times until it was fulfilled. Basically, every time she traveled back, anything that happened was "undone" and started over again. So the "power" to grant her wish wasn't much (although the consequences were, obviously).

Quote:
7:Also, why is it that Madoka cannot exist in the "new" universe?
I feel that saying that "oh she caused a paradox" doesn't qualify, because I don't see how it is a paradox
Madoka became omnipresent and eternal in order to complete the wish. She's a paradox in the sense that she is neither alive nor dead, everywhere but nowhere, etc. She can't be observed, so her existence can't be confirmed. People might remember her, but they can't prove it, so it's a bit like someone saying they talked to God. There's just no way to prove it, even if the person is telling the truth.
Old 2012-03-20, 22:39   Link #130
Kazu-kun

Some corrections/comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
The only thing Homura didn't bring was a nuke. The point was that if you aren't Madoka, you have no chance of winning.
The game (which was supervised by Urobuchi) establishes that if Homura managed to bring all three magical girls, Mami, Kyouko, and Sayaka, to the fight against Walpurgis, they would have won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Going back in time means undoing entropy. The wording of her wish allowed her to do this multiple times until it was fulfilled. Basically, every time she traveled back, anything that happened was "undone" and started over again. So the "power" to grant her wish wasn't much (although the consequences were, obviously).
This is only speculation. I argue that to have a wish that transcends entropy (such as Homura's wish) fulfilled, the magical girl candidate does need a considerable amount of potential/power.

Homura specifically had a very rough childhood. No family, her illness, general loneliness, etc. All that combined would generate enough karma value to have such a wish fulfilled (the potential of a magical girl candidate is equivalent to their karma value, which is the sum of the burden they bear with).

And remember, Homura isn't magically weak (this is stated by Mami herself in the tv series and manga). It's just that most of her magic is channelled through her time manipulation powers.
Old 2012-03-21, 20:18   Link #131
DKN117

Do we have any info on how big/tall Walpurgis is? It's been several months since I saw the eps with her in them, and even then I couldn't quite figure it. Is she around 100 feet (30m) tall? 100 meters, the size of a Naruto-verse King Summon or Tailed Beast? 2 kilometers, the size of a Reaper?
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 23:45   Link #132
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Estimating using Grief syndrome which covered the entire screen.... and Homura being 5 feet tall.... I'd say you are close to that.
Old 2012-03-22, 09:37   Link #133
DKN117

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Estimating using Grief syndrome which covered the entire screen.... and Homura being 5 feet tall.... I'd say you are close to that.
Close to what? Which one?
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 09:50   Link #134
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Around 100 feet tall. Someone should ask this at Sakuracon.
Old 2012-03-22, 09:53   Link #135
MartianMage

Regarding Walpurgis, it's logical to assume that 3 magical girls can defeat it even without Madoka afterall they did beat Walpurgis in timeline 2 and Madoka shouldn't be overpowered on that timeline. Of course I'm aware that there are unaccounted timelines but I think it's pretty obvious that the 2nd timeline shown in the anime is the true 2nd timeline.

Homura being unable to solo Walpurgis with all those weapons can only be a testament that non magical weapons, while they do work, might not be as effective against witches compared to Tiro Finale or Kyouko's errr... Starlight Breaker.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 10:11   Link #136
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
Homura being unable to solo Walpurgis with all those weapons can only be a testament that non magical weapons, while they do work, might not be as effective against witches compared to Tiro Finale or Kyouko's errr... Starlight Breaker.
I kinda doubt they thought that far. I think they just wanted to make the battle super cool while making Homura look hopeless, and didn't even realize there were some inconsistencies.
Old 2012-03-22, 10:15   Link #137
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Or probably for every loop, Walpurgis Night got more powerful.
Old 2012-03-22, 10:33   Link #138
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Or probably for every loop, Walpurgis Night got more powerful.
I highly doubt that. :P

Anyway... Walpurgis is a witch that has no intention to hide itself in barriers (as stated by Kyouko on ep9... I think lulz) probably because normal weapons hardly dent it so it doesn't need to worry about random humans throwing bombs at it.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2012-03-22, 10:40   Link #139
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

It's probably cause no one can see it, with or without a barrier. To a normal person, it looks like a supercell (like in the day after tomorrow).
Old 2012-03-22, 10:48   Link #140
MartianMage

If normal humans could see them outside their barriers then what's the point in "hiding" in their barriers. Besides it's been stated (forgot who said but it's probably in ep2) that humans don't see them because they hide in their barriers.

Tags
q&a