AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Pumpkin Scissors

Notices

View Poll Results: Pumpkin Scissors Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 23.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 14.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 4.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-09, 20:06   Link #21
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Not a bad episode much better than ep 21. Its nice to see that Oland has snapped out of his pussy coward phase and remember why he has continued to fight as a member of the pumpkin scissors. I think i screamed take that bitch when Oland launched assassin #1 threw the window after totally making him shit himself.

In the situation shes in I think Alice is handling it as well as it can be. The situation sucks and one false move could cause the commoners to go into a killing frenzy. The commoners are angry about how the nobles act, imo Alice is a shinning example of how a noble should act. Granted shes not the most graceful at times but her ability to attract others with the same ideology as her is an endearing quality.

Alices dark haired sister surprised me i dont think any of them of weak. But the stance she took saying that when she married a solider she was prepared for all that comes with it was bad ass, im sure neither of them are as good a fighter as Alice but i still wouldnt want to tangle with either one of them. Orlend is so damn funny he talked to her breast first then looked up LOL i could not stop laughing

With Alice and Oland teamed up i think we are going to see some nice action. Again Alice blushes when she sees Oland im really curious if what they feel for each other isnt romantic im still leaning on it is. I dont know how they are going to wrap this up in 2 episodes but well see what happens.
Old 2007-03-09, 23:29   Link #22
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatrice1979 View Post
I would also like some fillers (yeah, I know general people dislike that) but i wonder about Randel and his past. Specially about the ATT squad. How freaky those guys must have been! How wonderful the battles must have taken place.! The blood, the rage, their lifes hanging out on battle... yeah, I'm just dreaming!
They do sort of cover that at the start of the opening credits, in every episode. And so far, the stuff in the opening credits have been showing up in the episodes themselves.
Old 2007-03-10, 02:35   Link #23
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspuff View Post
Heh.
Maybe I'm jumping the gun a little, but I kind of assume that there's either going to be a movie or a 2nd season. If you read the manga, there's still a lot of questions left unanswered and a lot of military conspiracy left uncovered (Section I, Kauplan, human experimentation, etc).
I don't think PS has the popularity to warrant a movie, let alone a second season. Anyway, Gonzo don't work that way. I can't think of any Gonzo anime where they made a second season. (FMP and Gantz don't count).

Agree with everyone else... too much dialogue (a lot of which was rather trite), not enough action. The little action there was wasn't actually too bad. But some of the dialogue and plot points were rather weak, even terribly cliched at times. Oland's "I will protect you because you're my 2nd LT" speech was horribly out of place, IMO. Any sense of realism would demand that he'd think it, not say it, and then just act. Sentimental moments like that don't work in real life... particularly in the middle of a battle and, worse still, in front of a crowd.

If the pacing of this anime was better, it'd be good, but as it stands, it really leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 2007-03-10, 19:10   Link #24
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
It was better than 21, but the last episode pretty much killed this one. They definitely should have been merged as one episode.

The whole nobles and mobs and dueling set up is just so ridiculous and exaggerated it feels like a play that's too dramatic for its own good. With all this overacting and ridiculous drama going on, I can’t believe the angry mob hasn’t just killed everyone by now.

...But, at least we got another funny boob joke out of this episode.

I can't see any way that this show could be wrapped up in the amount of episodes remaining that would make me happy. What a disappointment.
Old 2007-03-14, 22:40   Link #25
andrew86

In my opinion, this was a great episode and totally made up for the slowness of the previous two. I'm happy that I got several screenshots of Randel in anti-tank mode vs the Loderia guard. The look on his face was priceless. Simply awesome.
Closed Thread