AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 12 34.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 11.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 25.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 17.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 5.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.86%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.86%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-11, 03:07   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 18 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Episode 18.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-02-11, 03:10   Link #2
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Old 2013-02-11, 12:00   Link #3
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 18:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2013-02-15 at 10:36.
Old 2013-02-11, 14:48   Link #4
Haiprbim
Banned

Well, the episode is incoming shortly, cannot wait!
Old 2013-02-11, 16:08   Link #5
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Finished watching. I kinda wish the ep had more content. It's the same timespan but it feels too lean.

Maybe I'm just a big Mashiro fan and the lack of focus on her this ep is just bringing me down.
But I do feel the resolution was a bit quick this time.
Old 2013-02-11, 17:16   Link #6
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 18:
University? I don't even remember them talking about that. As far as university talk went, it's pretty much Jin.
Old 2013-02-11, 19:46   Link #7
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Spoiler for Episode 18:
Old 2013-02-11, 20:21   Link #8
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Mostly a housekeeping episode to bring the gang back together in time for the twist during the stinger, and to bring some sense of resolution to the Misaki/Jin situation. Mashiro was probably the best part of the episode. Her comic deadpan is getting really wicked. Nanami was pretty cool in her exchange with Misaki, too.

Sorata wins more points for dedication to his friends with that fight, but I wasn't really feeling the altercation itself. I just don't buy that any of these characters are at odds with each other enough for things to boil over into open physicality. They've already been through too much as a team, and there aren't enough secrets or lies between them anymore (contrast: The two brawls in the second half of Toradora).

Still, this episode was largely to launch us into the home stretch, and it was perfectly effective at that, so thumbs up. I honestly was not expecting Yuuko to just outright fail like that, but as Sorata noted it was a long shot in the first place.
Old 2013-02-11, 20:34   Link #9
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Sorata wins more points for dedication to his friends with that fight, but I wasn't really feeling the altercation itself. I just don't buy that any of these characters are at odds with each other enough for things to boil over into open physicality. They've already been through too much as a team, and there aren't enough secrets or lies between them anymore (contrast: The two brawls in the second half of Toradora).

Despite the overflowing raw emotions, it wasn't technically a 'serious' fight per say as we saw soon after that they could still joke about once they blew off steam.

We know that Sorata has always been a very emotional person while that flashback of Jin and Misaki's past showed that Jin has a very short fuse when agitated with anything to do with Misaki.
Old 2013-02-11, 20:38   Link #10
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 18:
Not to mean any offense, but where do you get your summaries from? They're completely off-base. I don't think something like this should be posted unless it's actually true.

Anyways, good episode overall, and finally there's a conclusion to Jin x Misaki...kind of. Though honestly after all of this, I just come out of it feeling extremely bad for Fuuka. She was overshadowed by Misaki by both Jin and her parents (and probably others). Come Fuuka, jump into my arms!
Old 2013-02-11, 20:41   Link #11
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Despite the overflowing raw emotions, it wasn't technically a 'serious' fight per say as we saw soon after that they could still joke about once they blew off steam.
I'm glad they didn't play it for drama, and that by the end they were back to just snarking. No, you're right, it wasn't serious, though it was physical enough that it caught me off guard, and seemed a little odd.
Old 2013-02-11, 21:49   Link #12
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Brawls aside, I'm glad that Jin finally gets a hold on himself and tells Misaki that he loves her... But it would be nice if they consummate their love after graduation and go to Osaka University together!

Still, it would be sad to see Sakurasou demolished after March. Poor Yuuko, I guess she'll have to stick in some local high school somewhere in Fukuoka.
Old 2013-02-11, 22:07   Link #13
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Brawls aside, I'm glad that Jin finally gets a hold on himself and tells Misaki that he loves her...
That already happened during Christmas eve episode.
Old 2013-02-11, 22:09   Link #14
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That already happened during Christmas eve episode.
Yes, but he finally broke his silence and tells her straight on this episode. Way to go, Jin Mitaka!
Old 2013-02-11, 22:19   Link #15
HandofFate

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 18:
Why do you keep posting totally inaccurate summaries? Are you just watching it raw and trying to figure out what went on during the episode without actually knowing what's being said?
Old 2013-02-11, 22:22   Link #16
HandofFate

I was really suprised that Yuuko didn't pass the exam. Maybe Yuuko and Kanda got the wrong number or something....at the end half expected for Kanda to notice Yuuko's number somewhere when he glanced at the examination board.

Really liked the 'explosion of youth' fight between Jin & Kanda. Wished Kanda got more punches in, but it was pretty much one-sided after the first punch with Jin just basically making Kanda a punching bag.

The Jin & Misaka childhood flashbacks were full of content. I feel bad for Misaka's sister that always gets overshadowed by her sister.

The ring as a nice note.
Old 2013-02-12, 00:08   Link #17
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well thank god this Jin/Misaki situation has been resolved. It's just been ridiculous watching this dodging and hiding thing. He's going to be leaving soon, so let's get what needs to be said....said. It was tough for Misaki to legitimately face that Jin's scripts just weren't up to snuff. Maybe back in her old school it just worked out the same since she was the only really talented person there. But, after working with people who have great talents it was another story.

Of course felt the worse through all this for Fuuka. I mean she did walk into the relationship probably realizing it and just hoping she could turn his attention to her eventually. But in the end it never worked out like that. Can only hope with Misaki leaving home that Fuuka finally found a place she could get by without being overshadowed by her little sister.

Sorata...really can't solve his problems through violence . Also, I hope Sorata isn't leading himself to more trouble with Mashiro. Is he really going to get uncomfortable and start thinking its her art that's selling his game and not the game itself? At this rate if the thing is ever made he'll feel resentful towards the programmers who work on it, etc.
Old 2013-02-12, 00:12   Link #18
Entravity

I'm glad that their relationship got resolved in such a way. It's conclusive and pretty well done even with the overflowing of drama which always happens regardless.
Old 2013-02-12, 04:10   Link #19
TimeSkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Is he really going to get uncomfortable and start thinking its her art that's selling his game and not the game itself? At this rate if the thing is ever made he'll feel resentful towards the programmers who work on it, etc.
That's probably the writer's last card. I hope it's not going to be as bad as we think otherwise Sorata'd be the biggest jerk of the season.
Old 2013-02-12, 04:20   Link #20
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post
That's probably the writer's last card. I hope it's not going to be as bad as we think otherwise Sorata'd be the biggest jerk of the season.
That seems unlikely seeing how much his idol supported his design- more likely is him wondering how much is he using her for his own work. Sorata had no problem asking her for help but was taken back by how fast she agreed.

After all the theme is about doing what you want rather than what would make others happy.
Closed Thread