AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-28, 21:50   Link #4361
deathforall

if anyone can link me to the pg where the english translations for volume 5 the summer holiday one, i would greatly appreciate it
Old 2013-04-28, 22:35   Link #4362
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathforall View Post
if anyone can link me to the pg where the english translations for volume 5 the summer holiday one, i would greatly appreciate it
i don't think there is a complete translation of vol 5 in english out there
Old 2013-04-28, 23:48   Link #4363
henzaeroz

Quote:
this one

Summer break

or this one ?

Memories of summer
Old 2013-04-29, 04:19   Link #4364
deathforall

was hoping for a complete volume 5 done by anyone on this forum
Old 2013-04-29, 04:52   Link #4365
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzaeroz View Post
this one

Summer break

or this one ?

Memories of summer
I think he meant the translated whole volume
Old 2013-04-29, 09:05   Link #4366
henzaeroz

Quote:
was hoping for a complete volume 5 done by anyone on this forum
there are some summary if you really want to know about it.

no offense, but i think the story is not important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Credits to aespire of Jcafe:

The honour student's supplementary lesson
Spoiler:

Amelia in Wonderland
Spoiler:

Friendship, trust and the dubious lolicon
Spoiler:
Old 2013-04-29, 09:16   Link #4367
Kyosuke_Nanbu

Are there any indication those suits that Morisaki beat Government agents?
Old 2013-04-29, 10:41   Link #4368
Ultragunner

thank you for the summary.

But sth is greatly bothering me at this point,

Why does Japan keeps getting invaded? Is it because it is the centre of magic (the Ten Master Clan, Kudo...etc...)?
Old 2013-04-29, 11:33   Link #4369
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post

Why does Japan keeps getting invaded? Is it because it is the centre of magic (the Ten Master Clan, Kudo...etc...)?
It was invaded once (reminiscence arc) because the Asian Alliance wanted to steal their stuff. The second was part revenge and part steal more stuff.

Japan isn't actually the "center" of magic, since it's implied in magical terms both US and Asian Alliance can out gun them, but they are the most advanced.
Old 2013-04-29, 18:23   Link #4370
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
It was invaded once (reminiscence arc) because the Asian Alliance wanted to steal their stuff. The second was part revenge and part steal more stuff.

Japan isn't actually the "center" of magic, since it's implied in magical terms both US and Asian Alliance can out gun them, but they are the most advanced.
MKnR Author Geo Political set is like almost XIII to XVII centuries in global history, remember Khan dynasty triying to overcome Asia and the mithical Susanoo intervention to sink Mongolian Military forces right when they go to invade Japan.
USNA believe AA will not have streght to invade and keep Japan, but its benefical for them if Japan and AA come weak due hostilities, like when in 2062 Yotsuba Clan revenge blow off the Military force of small country in Asia and this was big help to AA invade and add that territory, so USNA maths think if Japan and AA keep whith it, USNA will gain more power, unfortunately, the equation comes to screw like shi*t cuz Yotsuba new generation, specially Tats due his strategic Class rank, if you doubht about this see 5th Clan influence with just 1 SC Magician, 4th Clan are ready World Balance breakers since their revenge in 2062, but now are really dreadfull People, this is what Retysu and Koichi fear most, in really short term (2 to 4 years) Yotsuba new generation will replace the old ones and together will have enough power to absolutely overcome the rest of the 10th Master Clans, just to quotes some people: Far East Maou or Midnight Queen, Makeshivara and the Ice Queen, I dont think this will keep "peaceful" as now We saw on the LN, at the end of Vol 8 ch17 says something about the havoc and disaster to come.
Thinking deeply in Ninendo D7, ch4 and with the few info We got, I think the new project will be a huge hit to Political and Military society, off course the Magical too, cuz in theory, Magicians could use their strenght with Civilian uses, but, just my guess: We ready known Tats like to develop and give open source to his spells, his profits come from FLT 3rd Division specially designed CADs and items to use that spells or technologies, so, their new invention will be supported by FLT 3rd Division??, most likely...
Old 2013-04-29, 21:57   Link #4371
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post

besides is a post WWIII setting so not just japan but a lot of countries have border troubles and political tension.
Old 2013-04-30, 09:29   Link #4372
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:

The same reason why China, France and America want a piece of Viet Nam.

Japan seems weaker than other nation so they are an easier prey compared to others.
We go from the appetizer to the main meal after all.

That's my opinion.
Old 2013-04-30, 11:48   Link #4373
Oxide

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Pro: cast-time irrelevant as you can prepare and active the spell before combat and keeping it active as you enter combat.
Con: require lots of resources to maintain the spell and Tatsuya got that cover.
persistent magic (like sonic blade) requires frequent recasting in order to maintain its phenomena rewritting effect(restorative power of the Eidos) and psions don't direcly fuel the magic but provide building blocks for magic sequnces ... whole process is a bit more complicated than activating sequence(requires significant magic power: speed, capacity, interference) and providing psions, without going into details magic you suggest is more in line with niflheim and is actualy Miyuki area of expertise ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
The same reason why China, France and America want a piece of Viet Nam.

Japan seems weaker than other nation so they are an easier prey compared to others.
We go from the appetizer to the main meal after all.
'Nam was battleground for democracy vs communism clash ... what we had here was a play to weaken strong country on international political stage ... kind of backfired if you ask me ...
Old 2013-04-30, 12:15   Link #4374
Ultragunner

Haha, I'm actually from Vietnam myself, can't completely deny what either of you two said though

I understand about the border conflicts and stuffs after a World War, but from the LN, it seems that many want to take down Japan: Asian Alliance, New Soviet Union (from the short story about George I reckon)...

Quote:

So Japan is the most advanced in term of magical technologies (not necessarily means that Japan is the strongest military-wise) ? And that's the reason why AA want to steal stuff through invasion? If they merely want technological information, isn't it going too far, with all the risks & cost?
Old 2013-04-30, 19:10   Link #4375
Anthony.N

Quote:
Haha, I'm actually from Vietnam myself, can't completely deny what either of you two said though

I understand about the border conflicts and stuffs after a World War, but from the LN, it seems that many want to take down Japan: Asian Alliance, New Soviet Union (from the short story about George I reckon)...

So Japan is the most advanced in term of magical technologies (not necessarily means that Japan is the strongest military-wise) ? And that's the reason why AA want to steal stuff through invasion? If they merely want technological information, isn't it going too far, with all the risks & cost?
In term of strength we really dont know which country is the "strongest", cuz so far we mostly view the story based on Japanese characters and the great lack of info about other countries.

Asian Alliance, New Soviet Union, USNA => damn huge countries, its like 10xtimes larger than Japan in my opinion, easier to invade.

Also a Vietnamese here , one more reason to invade us is we have a quite large sea controlled areas could affect trade routes of lot countries and continents.

There are more meaning in invading than just to steal or expand, likes to prove military strength, takeing the lead in term of power, etc....
Old 2013-04-30, 19:38   Link #4376
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxide View Post
'Nam was battleground for democracy vs communism clash ... what we had here was a play to weaken strong country on international political stage ... kind of backfired if you ask me ...
Spoiler for nothing to see here, move along:

Like i said, first time AA tried to invade Japan, they thinked that Japan is an easy prey to make them stronger.
Just like one dude in the ancient Chinese said to his king: "if your majesty try to conquer big and far-away countries, you will be at the risk of getting your army exhausted, being defeated and being back-stabed by smaller but closer country. This is why the best policy is that we make friends with big and far-away countries, conquer smaller countries around us to build strength and then conquer the rest of those big countries." -something along that line.
It's very natural actually. After conquering VietNam, Korean, next country in the list is Japan.

Second time, part of revenge, part of steal information to see why they have their ass kicked.
And also part of the prey is made even easier since its allies abandon it.=free food.
Nobody, include me, can resist free stuffs.

Russia, and other countries's army mobilization show they are wary of the possibility of Japan being a real threat. Better safe than sorry.

I don't think Japan is the most advance in magic and there aren't enough information to suggest that, although there is a high possibility the author goes fanboy mode and make Japan the best in term of the quality of the magicians.
Why? because he is a f*cking Japanese that's why. I would do the same if i'm in his shoe.

Last edited by bietchie11; 2013-04-30 at 21:05.
Old 2013-04-30, 21:32   Link #4377
havensgate
skull one

one strange fact in mahouka universe is that japan survive ww3 without merge with other country. almost all country in the world either dissolve or merge with another, and yet japan is still japan. if we view it "as it is" that mean japan has strong military, not the strongest but strong enough to withstand on its own, and magical technology advance enough to counter it small military. I think its because "small" and "advance" that make AA continue to invade japan. but surely they forgot about "strong" part
Old 2013-04-30, 21:35   Link #4378
willx
Nyaaan~~

USNA is supposed to be Japan's ally. So like present day if the Asian Alliance gets too strong and tries to conquer Japan, the USNA will help Japan. Seeing as right now Japan is getting too strong, the USNA will stand by and let the Asian Alliance raid them to weaken them.

It's simple geopolitics? What's so confusing? The weak eat the strong. Strength can come through arms, economy, alliances and in this world, magic -- nomonomonomonomnom!
Old 2013-04-30, 21:44   Link #4379
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
USNA is supposed to be Japan's ally. So like present day if the Asian Alliance gets too strong and tries to conquer Japan, the USNA will help Japan. Seeing as right now Japan is getting too strong, the USNA will stand by and let the Asian Alliance raid them to weaken them.

It's simple geopolitics? What's so confusing? The weak eat the strong. Strength can come through arms, economy, alliances and in this world, magic -- nomonomonomonomnom!
simply to say that

japan poses a very real threat to USNA hegemony and world domination.
Old 2013-05-01, 00:28   Link #4380
bietchie11

Well, that's the part that the author went "fanboy" mode.

If Vietnam is conquered by China, no one else won't be conquered by China. That's the fact.
Japanese is not a part of AA while other Asia countries do clearly shows the author's favoritism toward Japan.

That's why i said :"there is a high possibility the author goes fanboy mode and make Japan the best in term of the quality of the magicians.", even though as for now, there isn't any evident to suggest that.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings