AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-04-24, 11:08   Link #901
lightbringer
M9000

Kaname may wish for nothing more than to spend eternity with Yuuki, but he also has a responsibility toward the vampire race since he wiped out the ruling council. So I think it's possible that he would fulfill it by reclaiming his throne, although with some luck we'll get a story more interesting than that.

Vampire Hunters do not generally go out to randomly massacre all vampires in their path - at least in theory, they go after specific targets, fallen Level E ones and such, never mind that their top echelons are corrupt - so I don't really see how that's Zero embracing his role. His is more of a quest of personal revenge, saying "I'm tired of being toyed with by purebloods so I am gonna wipe you guys from the face of the earth".

I'm generally very happy with the developments in this chapter, but that one year cliffhanger is torture -_-;;;, especially since everything one year ago was still very much in flux.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 11:10   Link #902
KimmyChan

Cliffhangers are what keep us hanging on for more after all And this series does that ten-fold
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 13:41   Link #903
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I thought that when Yuuki told Kaname not to lie, it was because he said he didn't mind her feelings for Zero. I didn't see it as denying her feelings for Zero. She loves Kaname all the way, but she also loves Zero. I think. Although she is now really a vampire, as evidenced by how easily she accepts all Kaname's killing.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 15:06   Link #904
Taiga san

It's the best chapter and the chapter I've been waiting for because I ship KanamexYuuki since the start.

It makes me heart skip a beat .

I found Zero annoying lastly, he is too much emotional and a bit self-centered but I don't hate him.
Taiga san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 16:00   Link #905
KimmyChan

Me too, I feel the exact same way, he's just a poor old vampire soul with loadsa issues, bless him
Old 2009-04-24, 17:18   Link #906
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I found 49 interesting and we got some good scenes. The scene between Yuki and Kaname was nice as Yuki decides to be tainted as well. I find it funny how she so easily accepted all the death and destruction Kaname caused. I dont care about the vampire council they were douche bags and dirty to the core. For any lingering hope that ZeroxYuuki's shippers this is one stab at the heart.

What i didn't like about this chapter specifically was Yuuki reaction to one of Kaname's comments. Kaname stated that he used Zero to the full extent for his plans and Yuuki barely had a reaction. I am not asking for too much emotion but she said nothing at all i just found it weird and unnatural that she would say nothing.

Good chapter its weighing on me a bit since i feel the series has been going on for quite sometime. I am not as excited about then new chapters as i use to be.
I'm glad I'm not alone on this

That's exactly how I felt with Yuuki's reaction. It was like all his sins were just nothing. If I were her, I would hesistate and ask to be alone to suck all of this in because that's quite alot to take in. But I wasn't surprise at all that Yuuki would accept Kaname with open arms. She's too selfless ( as a majority of shoujo main female leads are & they always blame everything on themselves, blargh) I wouldn't mind her being stubborn and selfish sometimes because.....people are just like that. It's in their nature.

And ditto there. Maybe it was the flashback-galore that we suffered recently, not that I mind but let's just say alot of people were anticipating for the story to finally move foward, which it did.

Thank goodness...
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 18:51   Link #907
RahX

geez Zero only appeared at the end of the chapter and people are already critisizing his actions when we don't even know why he was pointing the gun at that guy...

And, I fear for Kaname...getting the girl at the middle point of the story only serves me to raise a bunch of death flags for him....

It would be nice if Zero and Kaname end up alive at the end while Yuuki ends up dead...I can't stand that girl...<.<
RahX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 21:59   Link #908
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahX View Post
It would be nice if Zero and Kaname end up alive at the end while Yuuki ends up dead...I can't stand that girl...<.<
Based purely on their sins, Kaname and Zero both deserve to die much more than Yuuki does (especially Kaname, even though I would prefer a KxY ending). Yuuki's pretty much the only person who has done nothing wrong. And while she's as angsty as the other two, she also stands up in the face of adversity (she bravely faced her uncertain lost memories, and she faced her murderous uncle, too), so she's pretty strong as far as shoujo heroines go.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 03:39   Link #909
KimmyChan

She actually is, which is what makes her a pretty cool shoujo female to believe in
Old 2009-04-25, 13:52   Link #910
RahX

Yuuki is strong only with certain people...

With Zero and at school she always showed that strong willed attitude that helped Zero a lot of times, but when she is with Kaname for some reason Yuuki tends to revert to her submissive side with her Kaname-sama or now "Oni-sama" which it's what annoys me. Also, to make matters worst she thinks that by letting him drink of her blood then she will also be tainted like him....yeah right, like if it would be that easy.

Anyways, other parts that caught my eye about this chapter and that it foreshadows the things to come it's how one of the vampires was saying that the enemies of the vampire race are the pure bloods, due to their ability to control the other vampires. A war between vampires and pure bloods? now that would be interesting..

Also I'm interested to see if another female character takes the lead now that Yuuki is out with Kaname and perhaps this girl will be the one for Zero...it'll be refreshing since we need new characters to change the heavy mood that VK has had for the last four chapters...
RahX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 14:24   Link #911
KimmyChan

And there was me thinking that Yuuki would always be the most important VK female

Although I do have a bit of a soft spot for some of the Night Class vampire females

They're also very cool in their owns ways
Old 2009-04-25, 16:10   Link #912
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Interesting new chapter...and finally the story continues on.

Not much to say about the chapter at the moment except for Sara's appearance. She says she's been waiting for a long time and holds a grudge against Kaname (like most Vampires and humans alike ). I wonder what their history is though.

As for Kaname's confession of his sins to Yuuki, shows how much he loves and respects her, despite knowing that she may turn against him after hearing of his sins.

Kaname confessing his sins to Yuuki, in this latest chapter, made me like him even more. Although he knows that his revelation may distant the one he loves, he still does it because he truly loves and respects her. And the one thing noble about Kaname is that, even though he is jealous and hateful of Zero because the other guy has stolen half of Yuuki's heart away from him, Kaname doesn't go all out on Zero and he doesn't emo and throw a tantrum at Yuuki. He gives her an understanding for her situation and her feelings for Zero, and he respects them - even though it causes him to grieve inside.

Now that Yuuki is with Kaname, I hope the story will begin to reveal more about Kaname's character and his past. It seems that Sara's appearance may be that link to Kaname's mysterious past that we have yet to know.

But yet again, I continue to get this nagging feeling that Kaname will die as a noble and just vampire in the end. It is the only ending I can foresee for him at the moment. It may also be possible that Kaname's and Yuuki's fates may follow that of their parents', leaving only Zero to count down his own time as he remains behind and with Cross carrying all their memories in the end (...and ending to all Vampires and only humans remain). Hmm, although tragic, that wouldn't be a bad ending, I think.

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2009-04-25 at 16:24.
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 01:38   Link #913
KimmyChan

Does anyone know if the latest VK chapter is already into the equivalent of the second series of the anime Guilty?
Old 2009-04-26, 10:00   Link #914
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyChan View Post
Does anyone know if the latest VK chapter is already into the equivalent of the second series of the anime Guilty?
In the Shojo Beat release? I don't know which chapter they are up to, but season one ended when Kaname killed Shizuka and the first episode of Guilty is the chapter where Maria wakes up. So I would think that SB has at least caught up to that point.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 11:23   Link #915
KimmyChan

That's good to hear then, as I have read all of the latest VK chapters to date in SB so far
Old 2009-04-26, 15:32   Link #916
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

It's about half way into VK Guilty.
Last I heard SB got up to chapter 36 or 37.
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 09:48   Link #917
KimmyChan

That's correct as this month's issue is currently 36 I do believe
Old 2009-04-27, 21:00   Link #918
Slick_rick

Good chapter. Once again solidified my belief in a Zeki victory. Yuuki was at first was shocked by Kaname confession about his sins. She said was sad and upset about somethings but after Kaname's sob story she ended up blaming herself for hurting the ones she cared for. One thing in particular that stuck out for me was her comment "I too have done things that I can't possibly atone for". I wonder what she is talking about or more to the point who? I think it was Kaname who ended up, probably unknowingly, playing the pity card. Catching her on the rebound like that though was a sweet move for your pity "whatever".

I almost feel sorry for Kaname cause it's all down hill for him from now on. Kaname has bad end written all over him. Repent Kaname, the end is nigh!

I'm glad we got to see Zero at the end too. He was a sight for sore eyes. The bonus chapter was OK but I'm not a big fan of any of the Kuran's. I'd like to find out what Zero's been up to this past year. Hoping next chapter is completely Zero-centric.
Old 2009-04-28, 02:31   Link #919
ila-chan
ermmm...

There is nothing more delicious and sinful (besides chocolate fudge gelato) than purebloods-vampire-siblings-lovers...

And Zero at the end of the chapter... even more delicious!
ila-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 05:41   Link #920
KimmyChan

The story about the Kuran's past in a previous earlier VK chapter had me totally gripped

Tags
manga