AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2011-03-04, 21:31   Link #281
JThree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
That would depend... for what is it you are looking.

Really, I must say that this seems to be ONE OF THE most active.

That makes me want to cry.

I guess we'll have to wait till the fourth novel comes out, the second season comes out on DVD, or more definitive word about the third season for the newsgroups to light up again.

JThree
JThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 05:18   Link #282
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Yeah, I've looked around a few times, I found a few pretty dead communities, but because AS covers a wide range of series it's seemed to remain 'alive' more than most others.

I don't doubt there are probably far more active Japanese communities for the series (she actually seems pretty popular in Japan; she's managed cameos in golf games for example), but obviously we can't read those
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 05:28   Link #283
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

This show has a lot of fans, it just doesn't look like it. When (it's not if goddammit!) the third season gets announced I can guarantee this subforum will come back to life.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 06:18   Link #284
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Yeah, that the manga and anime have both been selling well justifies it. Given this is primarily an anime forum its not massively surprising that it's gone a bit quiet, with over a year since S&WII came out.
Old 2011-03-05, 19:50   Link #285
JThree

Somebody here, has to have some sources, heard some rumors about what happens in Books 16.

Whatever happened to the hints, the double meanings from those in the know?
JThree
JThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 08:29   Link #286
tik tak

I found this forum of chance because in the language that I handle I did not find anything of Spice And Wolf .At least, In assets.

I have liked it very much the comments of this forum, in fact, They are more - you mature - in comparison with others that I found.

For the present time, I me read up to the volume 15 of the novel and 5 of manga . And I expect to have the news of the third season some day .

Of fact, I do not understand almost anything of Englishman .This message itself this one written thanks to google-translator .And of the same form, I also could read this forum thanks to google-translator . In spite of his countless phrases badly translated.....

I hope that, which I have written it is what I wanted to say , Not another thing evil translated.

A greeting to the fans of Spice And Wolf .
tik tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 13:54   Link #287
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tik tak View Post
I found this forum of chance because in the language that I handle I did not find anything of Spice And Wolf .At least, In assets.

I have liked it very much the comments of this forum, in fact, They are more - you mature - in comparison with others that I found.

For the present time, I me read up to the volume 15 of the novel and 5 of manga . And I expect to have the news of the third season some day .

Of fact, I do not understand almost anything of Englishman .This message itself this one written thanks to google-translator .And of the same form, I also could read this forum thanks to google-translator . In spite of his countless phrases badly translated.....

I hope that, which I have written it is what I wanted to say , Not another thing evil translated.

A greeting to the fans of Spice And Wolf .
Ganbatte yo ... google translator is getting better and better. Welcome!

Oops, volume 5 of the manga means I wasn't paying attention and its time to visit the japanese bookstore exporters. I've *ordered* light novel volume 16.... but since I'm barely through my own reading of LN volume 5 (I am so far behind in my Japanese reading skills) ... its going to be a long while before I say anything useful.
Old 2011-03-08, 08:00   Link #288
tik tak

the language is Spanish management. Thankfully, know sufficiently the Chinese to be able to read novel and manga .

Of fact, do not be almost anything of Japanese
Old 2011-03-08, 13:41   Link #289
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
the language is Spanish management. Thankfully, know sufficiently the Chinese to be able to read novel and manga .

Of fact, do not be almost anything of Japanese
ah, my apologies. Just took a guess at the original language and I keep forgetting that *some* language translations keep up much better with original language release than English does.
Old 2011-03-10, 13:42   Link #290
tik tak

Looking at this forum, I found a curious, yet depressing.

the difference between first and second season is great.

Spice and Wolf (Ookami to Koushinryou) *8,729 (6, not including BOX) (IMAGIN)
2008/04/02 *9,139 Vol. 1 Limited Edition (Three episodes)
2008/04/25 *9,382 Vol. 2 Limited Edition (Two episodes up to Vol. 6)
2008/05/30 *8,925 Vol. 3 Limited Edition (including unaired episode)
2008/06/27 *8,570 Vol. 4 Limited Edition
2008/07/25 *7,939 Vol. 5 Limited Edition
2008/08/29 *8,415 Vol. 6 Limited Edition
2009/01/30 *3,322 Blu-ray BOX (Thirteen episodes)

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...9&postcount=68

Spice and Wolf II (Ookami to Koushiryou II) *1,533+*3,564=*5,097 (4) (Brains Base/FUNimation)
2009/10/07 *1,682 Vol. 1 (Three episodes up to Vol. 4)
2009/11/04 *1,490 Vol. 2
2009/12/02 *1,426 Vol. 3
2009/10/07 *3,605 Vol. 1 (Three TV episodes and one OVA episode)
2009/11/04 *3,560 Vol. 2 (Three episodes up to Vol. 4)
2009/12/02 *3,558 Vol. 3
2010/01/06 *3,532 Vol. 4

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...3&postcount=99
Old 2011-03-10, 21:26   Link #291
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Hmmmm... I don't know what all to make of it, but there is still a market for it. And, there is still the Western sales to consider for Season I and the soon to be released Season II!
Old 2011-03-10, 22:24   Link #292
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The drop-off between first and second season is pretty typical for most series. Reasons include:
1) In Japan, season collections are quite expensive. Many collectors content themselves with the first season as they move on to other series.
2) Awareness of the product... with dozens of series, sometimes people just don't realize a second season happened.
3) Wasn't THAT fond of the series... another matter.
4) Season 1 numbers are Limited Edition.... can't recall if Season 2 has an LE, but the Regular Edition sales will always be less in Japan than the LE (collectors).

If you look at any manga series sales, you'll see the same fading graph -- starts strong and then each following volume sells a little less.
Old 2011-03-11, 02:50   Link #293
tik tak

You have reason, but there are other series that it has had better sales being 2º season.

3 º season I see it difficult, probably it is better to deposit faith in sleeve or novels.
Old 2011-03-11, 04:18   Link #294
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
You have reason, but there are other series that it has had better sales being 2º season.

3 º season I see it difficult, probably it is better to deposit faith in sleeve or novels.
Yeah... I have to admit I was shocked at getting a *second* season. Seinen series rarely get that kind of "love". So I simply appreciate what they've done in an anime - and figure the books and manga are where to focus.
Old 2011-03-12, 05:24   Link #295
tik tak

a shame, since most anime audience prefers more action than a good story.
Old 2011-03-13, 22:35   Link #296
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

I don't want this to sound trivial by asking about a single person... especially considering the devastation and loss of life.

But, has anyone heard as to the well-being of Hasekura-sama?

I know some folks have created a database listing personalities that were confirmed safe... once again this comes off shallow at a time like this given that some many "little people" have died in this disaster.
I have not seen any tweet, blog update, or listing as to his safety. Granted I know electricity is a major issue, but...

However, there is a bit of good news as far as S&W goes... Ami and Jun were both noted to be alive.

I'll stop typing now as I am just making myself feel worse for even asking about this (I hope y'all understand what I mean because I haven't been able to create a sentence to truly convey it). *sigh*
Old 2011-03-13, 23:12   Link #297
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, there's a number of manga-ka we'd like to know the status of... both because we'd miss their work as story tellers and just because we feel like we have some connection to them. The damage/death is so extensive it becomes hard to comprehend or absorb... its natural to worry about that one guy in a white car trying to outrun the vast engulfing slurry of tsunami wave.
Old 2011-03-14, 12:39   Link #298
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Aye, I really hope he's ok.
I *think* he lived around Tokyo, so he's most likely OK. Definately hope so!
Old 2011-03-14, 21:00   Link #299
Jay911

Send a message via ICQ to Jay911 Send a message via AIM to Jay911 Send a message via MSN to Jay911 Send a message via Yahoo to Jay911
Wikipedia says he lives in Chiba (which is where that gas plant was busily blowing itself up right after the quake).

His blog was last updated March 1, but he goes several days between posts from the look of things.

For what it's worth, Rei Hiroe (Black Lagoon's author) appears to be OK. There is a Twitter account that appears to be him, though it's not "verified" like other celebrity accounts are. It was last posted in 2 hours ago.
Old 2011-03-15, 12:15   Link #300
Kaguya
an idler

When an earthquake occurred, all the bookshelves fell and Isuna Hasekura was confined in the room.
He tweeted it as a confinement diet. http://twitter.com/i_hasekura
But he is ok.

And, I am also ok.
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote