AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-01, 21:17   Link #2321
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Early sequel announcements are only the case when something like that was in the plans even DURING the season (like Date A Live). In any other case though, one can go for months before something concrete is announced -- see how Working's second season was only hinted at during a "thank you" event, or even High School DxD more recently.
Old 2013-07-01, 22:06   Link #2322
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This is true, but with this show there are pretty much only green lights: strong LN sales, good pre-sale numbers, tons of source material. Assuming the stalker numbers are close to legit, one would expect something to happen pretty quickly.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 22:30   Link #2323
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
so for those who are reading the novel, is there enough material for a 2nd season? I hope the rumours are true and we can have another one of HM
Good amount of material for the second season and even to a third season. I wish I can say more, but I can't go into specific.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 23:28   Link #2324
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
This is true, but with this show there are pretty much only green lights: strong LN sales, good pre-sale numbers, tons of source material. Assuming the stalker numbers are close to legit, one would expect something to happen pretty quickly.
Well, there are also scheduling and financial issues to work out. The third and fourth Blu-Ray volumes include applications for tickets to a 15 December special event, so it's quite possible that they may announce something there. The usual turnaround for second seasons that aren't pre-booked is usually something like 12-18 months, so if they announce something in December, the next season could air as soon as next Spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I wish I can say more, but I can't go into specific.
You can say more... in the proper thread: the novel thread. If people want to know more, that's where they should go.
Old 2013-07-02, 04:42   Link #2325
ustatsu

Liked the first 5 episodes, disliked the rest. They weren't bad, but they also never matched the quality of the first arc, and some episodes felt like filler material. If there will be a sequel, hopefully it will be more like the beginnnig with good comedy and nice action. Better antagonists are also welcome, Orba and the angel were embarrassing.
ustatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 07:19   Link #2326
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustatsu View Post
Liked the first 5 episodes, disliked the rest. They weren't bad, but they also never matched the quality of the first arc, and some episodes felt like filler material. If there will be a sequel, hopefully it will be more like the beginnnig with good comedy and nice action. Better antagonists are also welcome, Orba and the angel were embarrassing.
I'll give a partial concession to the bit about the poor antagonists. Admittedly I think that those confrontations could have used a bit more flare, a bit more build up, and a little bit more drama.

Just a little bit though. At the end of the day it's still a comedy and it's still about the once-Demon King, who nearly took over his plane of origin. I think that Demon King Daimao (which is literally the exact opposite of Maou-sama) did those sequences quite well. If they had matched Daimao just a little more in the action I think it would have turned out better.

Sariel was quite a let down, although I found myself adequately entertained by the way his defeat was sown (especially the bit with Olba). There was just so much build up for him, though. He turned out to have accomplished basically nothing. Granted it wasn't his goal to cause fear and panic and destroy the city, but Olba actually did that to a degree better than Sariel did. Olba out-evil'd the primary villain in the process of helping him. It could have gone better. I don't think it was bad really, but it could have been improved.
Old 2013-07-02, 09:49   Link #2327
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Just watched the last two epis. Looks like James found his "Jessie"

Liked this series a lot more then I thought I would, glad so many people told me to stay with it.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 00:47   Link #2328
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

If they don't make another season of this, I'll probably cry. I haven't seen something this funny in regards to anime in a while, personally.
Old 2013-07-03, 01:03   Link #2329
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
If they don't make another season of this, I'll probably cry. I haven't seen something this funny in regards to anime in a while, personally.
There is a manga adaption of the light novels that is still on going and following very closely to the source material. Last I check the translations was at the point where Lucifer is chancing down both Maou and Emi.
Old 2013-07-03, 08:27   Link #2330
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

I think today marks the beginning of sales of Hatarkou Maou-sama in Japan

hopefully the sales goes BEYOND EXPECTATION for a greater chance of a second season

God Bless
Old 2013-07-06, 04:06   Link #2331
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Can I use this avatar? Thanks.

EDIT: To avoid double-posting, I'll just add this here. Although the second half of the show wasn't all that memorable, I thought the show overall benefited greatly from the great cast. I really wouldn't have enjoyed the series half as much if the VA's didn't put as much effort in it. Overall, this series was one of the best series I watched this season.

Last edited by s07195; 2013-07-06 at 12:16.
s07195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 22:38   Link #2332
Kyouka
Is Here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sBP0GWJk2s found it =D
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 22:44   Link #2333
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Sariel was quite a let down, although I found myself adequately entertained by the way his defeat was sown (especially the bit with Olba). There was just so much build up for him, though. He turned out to have accomplished basically nothing. Granted it wasn't his goal to cause fear and panic and destroy the city, but Olba actually did that to a degree better than Sariel did. Olba out-evil'd the primary villain in the process of helping him. It could have gone better. I don't think it was bad really, but it could have been improved.
I don't think Olba did anything other than make the moon bigger.

Lucifer was probably the one who made the electricity in the city go haywire, which is what caused Maou to regain his powers against Olba's plans.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 22:54   Link #2334
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouka View Post
Pretty nice. Though will say my favorite song from the OVA has to be "The Devil Regains His Strength." When that song got going something awesome was about to happen .
Old 2013-07-08, 12:56   Link #2335
Haiprbim
Banned

Okay, I've just finished the series.
I have to say that this...... was freaking awesome!

It is probably silly to ask this but, was there any word around a Second Season or an OVA?
Also, how much of the Light Novel story (Volumes) did these 13 episodes cover?

Thank-you very much.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 13:28   Link #2336
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
Also, how much of the Light Novel story (Volumes) did these 13 episodes cover?
AFAIK, two.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 03:18   Link #2337
Westlo
Lets be reality

11,839 *1 Hatarakou Maou-sama! [DVD+BD]: 2013/07/03

Book dat second season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Would depend on what WHITE FOX are doing as well... even if this is pretty much green lit they may have a project in between, and all those factors don't guarantee a quick sequel, see DRR which is far stronger in sales, anime wise and LN. I think the absence of a DRR sequel is more bemusing than a Haruhi one, since you know Narita actually has good writing output, isn't a one series pony and Aniplex can change studios if they really wanted to while retaining creative staff, see OreNo2.

Anyway getting offtopic.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 06:18   Link #2338
EroKing

Old 2013-07-11, 12:47   Link #2339
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
The best art with Lucifer and Suzuno that I've ever saw... O.O
Old 2013-07-13, 04:36   Link #2340
ginger02